Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21

+27
TimF
coxfire
Piciollina
awesomenessthatischriscol
MoviesAreLife
YaoiChick
opals
mindschemez
AnneNeville
Georgette888
bayth
Porcelain
tanita_mors
valkeakuulas
ChrisColfersLightning
Divalicious
Ireth
Jellyrolls
ChrisColferFan1
M&M
fantastica
Glorfindel
Ranwing
sheny
ColferInspired
brisallie
Buenos
31 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 24 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21

Post  Glorfindel 2/26/2014, 11:13 am

ColferInspired wrote:Sorry, I just saw the last part about being an inspiration. It is late and I am tired.  blushh

I should have looked at it properly. I should have deleted it.

But Kurt is an inspiration and will always be. That is what I was drawn to.

Now I feel like real idiot.

Can someone just remove that last post of mine please.
No need to. That's what I saw at first too, and it's true: Kurt is a true inspiration.  wub 

It's the "courageous" pic that made me suspicious and made me look at the post more closely.  fanny2

-ETA-
I was ranting at the insisting of Klainers to attach and insert Blaine into everything Kurt is and does, not at you.  bisou
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 24 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21

Post  Glorfindel 2/26/2014, 11:40 am

Jellyrolls wrote:As for it being gay bashing, I'm wondering if it could be Russ who was being gay bashed, and I'm only say this because of the rainbow candles below:  

-pic-
This would allow Glee to touch upon gay bashing, but not have one of the main characters be the real victim of the attack.  This is working on the idea that Kurt is attacked because he ran to help Russ, and the attacker defended himself against Kurt--not because the attacker singled Kurt out because he was gay.
'Nice' detail:
The actor portraying Russ has been Chris/Kurt's double on Glee, and also on 'Struck By Lightning'.

Knowing RIB I'm suspicious that they used him as a sort of replacement/mirror for Kurt: looking like him. Add the possible gay bashing and it gets a bit fishy imo.

One thing I will say is that looking at all of these pictures, you can tell that Kurt is the strong one.  You can see it in his posture, especially in comparison to Blaine and Rachel's posture.  His friends aren't the ones supporting him (based on his posture, and the way that Blaine and Rachel both have heads on his shoulder).  He is the one supporting them.  It would make sense for Blaine to be affected by the thought of an attack with his own beating in junior high.
I agree. Kurt has always been strong and there for his loved ones, even when he was hurting just as much himself. Example: 'The Quarterback', when Kurt only allowed himself to let go in front of his parents.

Of course: the idea of someone you love getting hurt that way and nearly escaping an even worse fate can be devastating, sometimes causing even more anguish than the one getting hurt has (I think mothers among us can understand this fear and pain).

Another thing, you have to really admire Chris' focus here.  You can see that he gets the intensity of this type of situation, and you can see the emotion in his face.  And you can see that he keeps it even between takes (like in the pictures of him against the wall, or some others that I saw (that haven't been posted here yet) where Lea was smiling and Chord seem seems to be aware of the camera nearby.  Chris is still in the moment and in the scene.  That is the type of thing that makes Chris such an amazing actor.
You mean these ones?

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 24 113806PCN_Glee15  Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 24 113806PCN_Glee16

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 24 113806PCN_Glee17

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 24 113806PCN_Glee20

People reporting when other scenes were being filmed also confirm that Chris usually keeps to himself, is quiet, and tries to stay in character throughout. That's his way of working, and seeing the results I'd say it's very succesful.

I know this episode is going to be triggering for some, and no one wants to see Kurt get hurt, but at the same time, I'm glad that Chris is going to have this opportunity to really act with intensity again, something that he has had the chance to do in a while on this show.  No matter how bad the writing is, Chris is going to make this storyline compelling, and Kurt will come out of this stronger because of Chris' acting.
Yes. We all wanted to see Chris spread his wings and do something else that has more mature drama, to bring out the best acting in him, to not let all that talent go to waste on a bad teen show.
Well, be careful what you wish for, right?

I don't fear what Chris can do with the material handed to him in this storyline: it's the material itself that I fear, as it comes from RIB.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/26/2014, 12:30 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
I don't fear what Chris can do with the material handed to him in this storyline: it's the material itself that I fear, as it comes from RIB.

It's Glee. We know the material is most likely suck, but we know that Chris can make even the worst writing compelling with his acting.

I'm more afraid of what we're going to see from Blaine and Sam. I mean, can you picture Blaine running to Kurt in an ER after the attack?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/26/2014, 12:41 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I'm more afraid of what we're going to see from Blaine and Sam.  I mean, can you picture Blaine running to Kurt in an ER after the attack?  

Don't get me started. I have a serious kink for having my favorite characters injured, so the evil part of me is going to enjoy having Kurt at the center of a little hurt/comfort. I'm confident that Chris will be able to temper Darren's OTT acting.

I'm more concerned what's going to happen if Burt ever finds out that his son got hurt. Because that would be a fantastic scene.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 2/26/2014, 12:43 pm

ColferInspired wrote:
Buenos wrote:Glee , just don't have anybody die in this friggin episode!  :( 

Only this Russ dies.

But wasn't the spoiler that a random person is mugged?

Could Kurt have been playing the hero then the attacker turns on him, then Russ tries to help him but dies?

I think the "extras who look like muggers" thing is a red herring. The episode is called "bash." It may be that Kurt (or New York newbie Blaine) gets scared by some guys who look like stereotypical muggers, but I doubt that in an episode called "bash" the beating Kurt gets will be over a robbery gone wrong.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/26/2014, 12:45 pm

New York can be a dangerous place (like any big urban center) so crime in the city isn't some implausible outrageous SL.

Just wondering if the guy(s) are victims of a hate crime. Most likely; I don't think all that memorial stuff would occur due to a random mugging.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 2/26/2014, 12:48 pm

The cast of “Glee” films a candlelight vigil scene in Los Angeles, CA
http://chris-colfers.tumblr.com/post/77911211305

I can hear Chris, Lea and Darren singing, it sounds nice but the quality is too bad.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 2/26/2014, 12:52 pm

Could Kurt have been playing the hero then the attacker turns on him, then Russ tries to help him but dies?

That's how I pictured it too. Glee would avoid to be criticized for doing the "Kurt gets bullied/attacked" again while still touching on the subject of gay bashing.

I could totally picture Kurt walking home, hearing a cry for help in an alley and jump there, but getting beat up as a result, and the gay guy, initially beaten up, dying in the process.
As was said before, Kurt has proven many times he would stand up for others or event confront people physically stronger than him, like when he defended Tina back in S1, ran after Karofsky on NBK, and even physically separated Karofsky from Blaine in the same episode.

I'm not scared of Chris nailing this performance, but I still don't trust the writers, they have the ability to ruin storylines like no-one else. Particularly serious subjects like that.
As for the other actors...Darren can't do drama well, let's hope he'll try to elevate his acting considering the heaviness of the subject.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 2/26/2014, 12:52 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 24 Tumblr_n1kzosgm0Q1r4ezfzo1_500

@comeonsebastian RIP RUSS

Support Russ? Yeah, looks like they did steal the Randy Gener story, and made it fatal.

Images from Randy Gener vigils:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 24 Image
"Justice for Randy" vs "Support Russ"

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 24 NY-CU825_NYATTA_G_20140126193221
"End Hate, End Violence, Prayers for Randy"

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 24 NY-CU848_NYATTA_G_20140126193440
Vigil.

As far as I know, there were no floral tributes.

I feel kind of uncomfortable with Glee ripping this story from the headlines. I have met Randy. It seems crass. And it also seems so transparent that they took his story. Unless this episode was written before mid-January, and not changed since. Anyone know?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/26/2014, 12:56 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:
Buenos wrote:Glee , just don't have anybody die in this friggin episode!  :( 

Only this Russ dies.

But wasn't the spoiler that a random person is mugged?

I think the "extras who look like muggers" thing is a red herring. The episode is called "bash." It may be that Kurt (or New York newbie Blaine) gets scared by some guys who look like stereotypical muggers, but I doubt that in an episode called "bash" the beating Kurt gets will be over a robbery gone wrong.

Looking at the picture I posted above again, it is clear the Russ is gay, and this is going to be a hate crime. In addition to the rainbow candles I noticed before, there are also rainbow flags in the display.

As I said, it sounds like they are trying to do the story in a way where they can tell it without one of the main characters being the true victim of the attack (again, this is with the assumption that Kurt runs to help someone else who has been attacked). We're probably going to get a scene where Blaine is saying, "If Kurt had been a minute earlier, it could have been him. Or it could have been me."

They are doing it in a way to show the severity of this, but making Kurt to be a hero, not the victim. It will still have an impact on Kurt, his friends, and the audience, which is ultimately what this type of storyline is supposed to do. Having Kurt be the hero instead of the victim also gives them the opportunity to wrap the story up quicker (which Glee tends to do with the serious storylines).

When we first heard the spoiler that someone was going to be attacked, I said that the story wouldn't have had the same impact if a main character wasn't involved. And honestly, it has to be Kurt involved in it, because more than any other character, he pulls the others into his storylines, which doesn't really happen with the other characters. He has an emotional connection to just about every other character on the show--something you can't say about the others.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 2/26/2014, 1:00 pm

sheny wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 24 Y11

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 24 T11

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 24 U10

Yeah, the attacker in the RG case got in a car and drove off, too.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/26/2014, 1:07 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I'm more afraid of what we're going to see from Blaine and Sam.  I mean, can you picture Blaine running to Kurt in an ER after the attack?  
Thanks for making my fears worse.  dryy

I hope they figured out by now that Darren can't act the drama stuff, and they'll keep him in the background as much as possible.

AnneNeville wrote:I feel kind of uncomfortable with Glee ripping this story from the headlines. I have met Randy. It seems crass. And it also seems so transparent that they took his story. Unless this episode was written before mid-January, and not changed since. Anyone know?
Knowing Glee's track record I'd say this storyline definitely was ripped from the headlines. Just look at the photos.
They did it with Whitney Houston's death and with the school shooting, without shame. Even Kurt's bullying storyline was taken from the headlines like that (although better prepared and planned over several episodes).

Mid-January is 6-7 weeks ago. Considering the fact that the actors sometimes get scripts handed to them on the day of filming because the writers don't have them finished in time, 6-7 weeks to write the Randy beating into an episode seems very plausible.  mince
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 2/26/2014, 1:11 pm

Thing is, the Gener beating turned out not to be a gay bashing, either.

This makes me really uncomfortable. He's someone who used to speak at events at my grad school. I would schmooze with him afterwards. He's been lying in a hospital for a month (though perhaps he's out now), looking at a year worth of recovery. And now Glee is using his story, probably not even correctly, and I don't trust at all that they will do it tastefully.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/26/2014, 1:12 pm

sheny wrote:The cast of “Glee” films a candlelight vigil scene in Los Angeles, CA
http://chris-colfers.tumblr.com/post/77911211305

I can hear Chris, Lea and Darren singing, it sounds nice but the quality is too bad.
You can see Chris holding the ice pack to his face around 2.20.  :(
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/26/2014, 1:40 pm

AnneNeville wrote:Support Russ? Yeah, looks like they did steal the Randy Gener story, and made it fatal.

I feel kind of uncomfortable with Glee ripping this story from the headlines. I have met Randy. It seems crass. And it also seems so transparent that they took his story. Unless this episode was written before mid-January, and not changed since. Anyone know?

Ripping stories from the headlines is nothing new.  As Marie said, Glee has done it many times.  Law and Order did it a lot.  So has the Good Wife.  (of course the difference is the other shows have better writing).

AnneNeville wrote:Thing is, the Gener beating turned out not to be a gay bashing, either.

This makes me really uncomfortable. He's someone who used to speak at events at my grad school. I would schmooze with him afterwards. He's been lying in a hospital for a month (though perhaps he's out now), looking at a year worth of recovery. And now Glee is using his story, probably not even correctly, and I don't trust at all that they will do it tastefully.

I'm sorry that this story is going to be uncomfortable for you, especially considering your connection to Randy Gerner.  I can understand how difficult that will be.

Let's hope that this is one of those times that they get the story right (because they do that on occasion), and that it brings up awareness and hope.[/quote]
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 2/26/2014, 2:32 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 24 Tumblr_n1m4ifh1wl1rr9ucho1_500
2014 2/25 Chris Colfer and Darren Criss Film ‘Glee’ Memorial Scene in Los Angeles.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/26/2014, 2:56 pm

Ranwing wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 24 Tumblr_n1l609PJmr1tr5s6io1_500

hay, i think blarren actually looks quite pretty here.  Smile  so shweet!

don't kill me. i am just being honest.  tonguue 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/26/2014, 3:01 pm

Me too, I think Klaine look adorable in that photo.

You can shoot me too.  

Considering how little physical contact they usually give these two in public...
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/26/2014, 3:06 pm

am I the only one who is excited about this mugging/bashing/street-fighting scene? bring it on glee! as a Game of Throne fan I can't wait for them to be more gritty. looking forward for more blood bath and beheadings (on GoT that is).

too bad chris got bruised but this is whole lot better than breaking a bone as he did in S1. it seems that he still hasn't out grown his clumsiness.  tonguue 

in terms of kurt getting hurt - it's drama. it's tv. at least he's ok at the end. carson didn't even make it alive. so it didn't bother me at all.

glee is never super serious. it only gets stupid, so this storyline can't get worse than whatever we have already seen. all in all i am really looking forward to this episode. i need some darkness in my life.

btw, if i were the writers, i would have kurt run into the crime scene and burst out "kungfu fighting" song and get into a synchronized choreography w/ the fellow "criminals/gangster" like in a bollywood movie. it would be craptastic!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/26/2014, 3:07 pm

Buenos wrote:Me too, I think Klaine look adorable in that photo.

You can shoot me too.  

Considering how little physical contact they usually give these two in public...

high five sista!

let's go set up a blarren and klaine appreciation thread now.  Razz 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/26/2014, 3:16 pm

Glorfindel wrote:... Kurt better get a solo song out of all of this, instead of sitting on a stool again while the others are singing for/to him.

you bet it will be blaine who burst into the hospital room w/ a song and dance and his face will look so painful (as usual) that you won't be able to tell which one is actually injured.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/26/2014, 3:22 pm

So at least we have one song for Episode 5.15. "No one is Alone" Kurt, Rachel, Blaine and Sam.

Sigh...it looks like Santana is missing from episode 5.15 also.  Shocked 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/26/2014, 3:27 pm

ever since naya broke up w/ that glee writer guy at the end of S3 her screentime shrunk significantly.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/26/2014, 3:31 pm

AnneNeville wrote:Thing is, the Gener beating turned out not to be a gay bashing, either.
One of the people watching the Glee bashing scene being filmed tweeted this:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 24 Tumblr_n1lvwnAmyC1r8h8p3o1_500

I think this definitely means it is a gay bashing, or at least that the attackers use that slur against the victim (or Kurt) as an extra reason to mug him.

When did the investigators of Randy's assault figure out that he wasn't gay bashed? Maybe this was made public after Glee already took the story and ran with it.  saispa 

I'm sorry you feel uncomfortable by this. I've seen other people being triggered by this too on tumblr, and as an acquaintance of mine was gay bashed and raped many years ago I also feel quite uneasy and upset.

And you're right: if Glee was a well written show at least this heavy storyline might mean something and be treated with respect, but this is Glee we're talking about.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/26/2014, 3:34 pm

fantastica wrote:ever since naya broke up w/ that glee writer guy at the end of S3 her screentime shrunk significantly.

You know, I was thinking that too. She was being setup as a leading character in S3, she had the MOST Itune sales of everyone and then in S4 she was gone most of the year. At first I thought it was the fucking split narrative but now that it is only NY the timing of her not being on set is making me so nervous.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next