Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 19

+28
sjonnepon
arina
Divalicious
SippyCupofLuv
mindschemez
Georgette888
opals
tanita_mors
Delight
ColdFlame96
bayth
ColferInspired
brisallie
angelnessa
fantastica
AnneNeville
Ranwing
Vir Cotto
Glorfindel
coxfire
Jellyrolls
Ireth
sheny
valkeakuulas
Lottie2303
Kurt addict
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
32 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 19 - Page 9 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 19

Post  Glorfindel 11/24/2013, 4:30 pm

^The original was meant as a parody, a joke for a cabaret kind of program. And then it went viral on youtube:

And then it was copied about a hundred times, just like Gangnam Style. I would have bet my house on predicting that Glee would cover it. I mean: that's the same certainty as saying the Northpole is in the North. Rolling Eyes 

JFY: I really appreciate Kurt singing lead on a duet, with Adam Lambert no less. And I do love their voices together.
I just never liked the original 'Into The Groove' (it isn't much of a song, tbh), and had at least hoped they would have given Chris' and Adam's voices a little bit more chance to actually be heard properly, as I think their version would be better than Madonna (who is a horrible singer).
Now I can hear that their voices indeed are better than hers, but the editing still makes it a blah song. At least back when they did 'The Power of Madonna' Glee took the trouble of giving her songs a little extra, by making them new and fresh and with the personalities and voices of the singers of Glee, and some experimenting with arrangements. But they don't do that anymore: it's just karaoke, and to me it feels like so much wasted potential.

But never mind me: I know I'm very critical on that. As a Kurtsie I like the song, just not as a professional musician. saispa
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 19 - Page 9 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 19

Post  tanita_mors 11/24/2013, 4:45 pm

wait, into the grove is a madonna ???? boy, i'm totally out of the loop.

it's very 80's dance/discotheque style song. it;s not much, but it's singsongy and plain fun. and fun kurt songs can be counted on one hand. i love his power ballads and brodawy classics as much as the next girl, but some times you just need a fun song to singalong to. and this one is deffinatly going on my phone for walks and bike rids.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 11/24/2013, 4:52 pm

(The Fox) -- what a dumb song for them to cover. Whyyyy?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 11/24/2013, 4:57 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^The original was meant as a parody, a joke for a cabaret kind of program. And then it went viral on youtube:

And then it was copied about a hundred times, just like Gangnam Style. I would have bet my house on predicting that Glee would cover it. I mean: that's the same certainty as saying the Northpole is in the North. Rolling Eyes 
this shit is hysterical. ptdr ptdr ptdr 

i don't remember laughing so much recently. thanks marie for the clip.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 11/24/2013, 5:03 pm

The original, which I knew before, is really quite cute and adorable . . . and a large part of that is, I think, the humor of the original troupe. I just don't see how it can be covered in a way that improves on the original and maintains the humor. I just don't understand why you'd waste a song slot on it, nor waste your two guest stars on it.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/24/2013, 5:35 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^You're right, they really sound good together. bananaz 
bananaz 

that fox song is weird but actually kinda fun. reminds me of nursery rhymes.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 11/24/2013, 5:39 pm

fantastica wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:^You're right, they really sound good together. bananaz 
bananaz 

that fox song is weird but actually kinda fun. reminds me of nursery rhymes.
totally. i mean, it's supremely stupid but that doesn't make it any less awesome. it one of those "it's so bad, it's good" things.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/24/2013, 5:43 pm

^Kill me, but I like 'The Fox' too. blushh 

My credibility as a professional is officially shot. ooppss
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/24/2013, 5:44 pm

^ "it's so bad it's good" is exactly my reaction. thanks for putting these words into my mouth. Smile 

I hope kurt and eliot will have a fling together. these two are too good not to hook up. i am praying to heaven and earth and all the gods in the universe for kurt to dump oilwax and get into be w/ Starry-child.

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/24/2013, 5:54 pm

just listened to the fox in its entirety. i have to say i like it more than i should which is quite disturbing. part of it sounds like nursary rhyme. part of it sounds like a spiritual hymn straight out of a japanese fantasy cartoon. part of it sounds like some drunken gangsters making noises in the middle of the night.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 11/24/2013, 5:58 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^Kill me, but I like 'The Fox' too. blushh 

My credibility as a professional is officially shot. ooppss
Don't worry! The song is such an obvious parody, you can feel that the troup doing it doesn't take itself seriously, with the dumb lyrics and wtf costumes, I find it funny too

It is not great music but the clip sure made me laugh

So, don't worry Marie, no one judges you Smile!

Last edited by coxfire on 11/24/2013, 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 11/24/2013, 5:58 pm

The seals go ow, ow, ow? OK. This song could have won the Eurovision, it's so insane and pointless but would fit right in.

I'm not really getting either of the Kurt including songs. What do everyone sing in the The Fox anyway? I can only place Rachel and Santana. And I've always hated the 80's sound, hey child of the 80's can't love the decade.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/24/2013, 6:09 pm

coxfire wrote:Don't worry! The song is such an obvious parody, you can feel that the troup doing it doesn't take itself seriously, with the dumb lyrics and wtf costumes, I find it funny too

It is not great music but the clip sure made me laugh

So, don't worry Marie, no one judges you Smile!
Pffffew, I'm off the hook then. Smile

I can see people doing this song when drunk at weddings, proms and bar mitwahs for many years to come. danse3 

valkeakuulas wrote:The seals go ow, ow, ow? OK. This song could have won the Eurovision, it's so insane and pointless but would fit right in.
Hahaha, right? It would be a perfect Eurovision song. genije 

I'm not really getting either of the Kurt including songs. What do everyone sing in the The Fox anyway? I can only place Rachel and Santana.  And I've always hated the 80's sound, hey child of the 80's can't love the decade.
Same here, brrrrrr.
Although there were quite some very good 80's songs, most of it was overproduced disco crap. I'll take the 90's every time.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/24/2013, 6:25 pm

New stills for 5x07:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 19 - Page 9 Tumblr_mwsdquPjmi1ql1znmo1_500

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 19 - Page 9 Tumblr_mwsdquPjmi1ql1znmo2_500
x

Kurt standing in the spotlight. I could get used to that. neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 11/24/2013, 7:07 pm

Let's hope that Rachel moves so the eyefucking can become just... fucking. Lol

No, seriously, they have sexual tension in reems even in a still. TPTB just need to exploit it!
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/24/2013, 7:24 pm

TPTB are a bunch of old man who don't know what a good fuck is.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/24/2013, 7:26 pm

Nice to see Kurt singing to what looks like a full house. And yes to more Kurt/Starchild eye-fucking.

Kurt... if you've ever considered cheating on the Grease Stain, now would be a great time. I mean Adam Lambert>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Darren Criss. Not even a competition.

Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/24/2013, 7:48 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Youtube version 'Into The Groove':

They sound goooooooooood.wub 

But I don't like the editing of their voices. Although it is edited in the 80's style, but I didn't like it then and I still don't like it now.

And the original song is so boring. Of all the great 80's songs, why this one?  I'm afraid I won't listen to it much. :(
I love this. bounce

Chris sounds so good.

Chris and Adam's voices go so well together.

I was a massive Madonna fan at one time, and this wasn't one of my favourites, but I love this version.

And really I am just happy Kurt is the lead in his own band. panik
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/24/2013, 8:08 pm

"What The Fox Say" is actually really good. neutre 

Had enough of Darren's voice so I won't bother listening to his one.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/24/2013, 8:21 pm

i don't like this madonna song (or most of madonna songs) but glee version is a lot better than madonna original.

i would be so much better to have an acapella version of this song. I'd love to hear the 2 guy's real voice. the editing/processing of this cover is so disappointing. yeah i know it's the "80's style" but honestly, these guys have 2 of the most gorgeous voices so why cover them up w/ so much processing?! madonna wasn't a great singer so the extra processing helped, but chris and adam do not need that.

that said, i am very happy that kurt sings so much on this song. this is the first kurtchild duet and i already like it more than any other klaine duets.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/24/2013, 8:40 pm

^Hopefully they'll dial down the processing in the episode version.
I've noticed that often the voices sound better in the episode than in the iTunes version. If that's true for 'Into The Groove' I'm sure there'll be a mp3 made in the fandom. fanny2
*cough*by me*cough*

Last edited by Glorfindel on 11/24/2013, 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/24/2013, 8:41 pm

fantastica wrote:i don't like this madonna song (or most of madonna songs) but glee version is a lot better than madonna original.

i would be so much better to have an acapella version of this song. I'd love to hear the 2 guy's real voice. the editing/processing of this cover is so disappointing. yeah i know it's the "80's style" but honestly, these guys have 2 of the most gorgeous voices so why cover them up w/ so much processing?! madonna wasn't a great singer so the extra processing helped, but chris and adam do not need that.

that said, i am very happy that kurt sings so much on this song. this is the first kurtchild duet and i already like it more than any other klaine duets.
Maybe someone will do an acapella one, like some fan did with "Music Of The Night" and "I Have Nothing".

There are some really clever fans that can do this.

Adam does not overpower anyone he sings with, and I see why he is known as an excellent duet partner. This is how a duet is done, when no-one overpowers anyone and the voices just blend.

I want more StarKurt. They are ten times, hundred times better than any Klaine duet.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 11/24/2013, 8:43 pm

Ranwing wrote:Nice to see Kurt singing to what looks like a full house. And yes to more Kurt/Starchild eye-fucking.

Kurt... if you've ever considered cheating on the Grease Stain, now would be a great time. I mean Adam Lambert>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Darren Criss. Not even a competition.

Good  post . I don't want Kurt to  cheat though. I want Kurt to call off the marriage and  end things with Blaine.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/24/2013, 9:08 pm

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:
Ranwing wrote:Nice to see Kurt singing to what looks like a full house. And yes to more Kurt/Starchild eye-fucking.

Good  post . I don't want Kurt to  cheat though. I want Kurt to call off the marriage and  end things with Blaine.
at this point, i don't care about glee. i don't care about integrity of kurt's character anymore either (especially when the writer would deliberately ruin his character by hooking up w/ blaine last season while he was officially dating Adam, and now the engagement just to please the portion of the fandom). i just want kurt to enjoy himself. i don't want him to cheat in order to get even w/ blaine. i want him to enjoy himself, w/a better man.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 11/24/2013, 9:30 pm

fantastica wrote:
ChrisColferFan1 wrote:

at this point, i don't care about glee. i don't care about integrity of kurt's character anymore either (especially when the writer would deliberately ruin his character by hooking up w/ blaine last season while he was officially dating Adam, and now the engagement just to please the portion of the fandom). i just want kurt to enjoy himself. i don't want him to cheat in order to get even w/ blaine. i want him to enjoy himself, w/a better man.
Good points.  I just don't want Kurt to be trash, by   people who made excuses of all kinds for Blaine  when  he cheated.   Agree. 100% the engagement happened just to please Klainers.  In  my  opinion   RIB   would of gotten Klaine  back together differently, if they did not pander  to Klainers.  Maybe they would not have gotten Klaine back together at all.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next