Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x04 "A Katy or a Gaga" Watch & Discussion thread

+19
Glorfindel
ColdFlame96
angelnessa
sheny
Ireth
Vir Cotto
Lottie2303
valkeakuulas
bayth
ColferInspired
Buenos
AnneNeville
brisallie
Divalicious
Ranwing
fantastica
ChrisColferFan1
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
23 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x04 "A Katy or a Gaga" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%5x04 "A Katy or a Gaga" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x04 "A Katy or a Gaga" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap18%5x04 "A Katy or a Gaga" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]
5x04 "A Katy or a Gaga" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap12%5x04 "A Katy or a Gaga" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
5x04 "A Katy or a Gaga" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap18%5x04 "A Katy or a Gaga" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]
5x04 "A Katy or a Gaga" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap6%5x04 "A Katy or a Gaga" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
5x04 "A Katy or a Gaga" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap12%5x04 "A Katy or a Gaga" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
5x04 "A Katy or a Gaga" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap34%5x04 "A Katy or a Gaga" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 34% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 17

5x04 "A Katy or a Gaga" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 5x04 "A Katy or a Gaga" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  fantastica 11/9/2013, 10:25 am

As long as Kurt is in glee, he will always be "over shadowed", because rib won't give him solos. All this"soul searching" are just plot devices. They won't make any difference in the end result.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

5x04 "A Katy or a Gaga" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 5x04 "A Katy or a Gaga" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Glorfindel 11/9/2013, 10:38 am

That Vulture recap about Kurt not singing in his own band is great.
And Vulture is not the only reviewer who noticed.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/9/2013, 10:55 am

One thing I'm really grateful for is that the rivalry between Kurt and Starchild already stopped in this episode. This prevents Glee from having a 'real' sing-off between the 2 in a future ep. If there will be a sing-off at all it will probably be in jest, or just trying to encourage the other to outdo them.

Although I'm sure there would be many angry sex sparks flying between them if they would have done a serious sing-off, I was not looking forward to the Glambert fans going against the Kurtsies and vice versa over the debate who is the best singer of the two.
Because although Chris and Adam may have similar voicetypes at first glance they are completely different in timbre and using their voices, so any comparison is practically impossible (they are both great in their own way). 

And tbh: after all the wank in the fandom about diva-offs between Rachel and Kurt, the mediocrity of Blaine in comparison in the Klaine duets (and the Blarren fans being so uptight about any criticism on poor Blainey) and the general ignorant complaints about a guy singing "like a girl" dryy  frankly I'm glad if we don't have to go another round about who sings the best with yet another fandom.

Let's hope that the Glamberts and Kurtsies will unite and flail over their idols together (I know: it's asking a lot of the usual fandom dynamics) if they get to sing a duet in a future episode.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/9/2013, 1:57 pm

What I loved about Adam is that he's over the top but he doesn't look silly.

However I will say the one small complaint I have about his character is that his singing is too polished and professional, even a seasoned vet like Lea at first made Rachel less than polished.

Starchild singing is Adam Lambert, and yes. I do realize that is why they hired him. LOL
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/9/2013, 2:40 pm

@Buenos, also I love that Adam is a performer who's over the top, but without being tacky. Once again, I'm sorry to make this comparison, but what ND did with 'Applause' ended up as something coarse. I'm sure they tried to do something artistically edgy, but it didn't work out. Even Gaga did better.

And do you believe Adam should lowered his polished and professional singing to fit the character? Please no! It's Glee, who cares about credibility?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/9/2013, 2:55 pm

Brisallie , what I find funny is that Adam Lambert himself said the character Ellliot is trying too hard in the audition and goes over the top, and yet so many of the fans are saying he gave a perfect performance. LOL

I sort of agree with Kurt that it was a little too much (but incredibly entertaining...)
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/9/2013, 3:18 pm

The performance was totally over-the-top. Starchild did every dance move possible and him using the chandelier indicated his exaggerated style. It was still amazing too watch, but Kurt was correct he looked a bit desperate. I still loved every second of it. BTW, Adam looks great with glasses.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/9/2013, 5:28 pm

Buenos wrote:Brisallie , what I find funny is that Adam Lambert himself said the character Ellliot is trying too hard in the audition and goes over the top, and yet so many of the fans are saying he gave a perfect performance.   LOL

I sort of agree with Kurt that it was a little too much (but incredibly entertaining...)
Did he really say that? Razz You're right, is totally funny, because as I said previously, even thought it was over the top, I didn't find it tacky. Yeah I liked it. But still I believe when he hung on from the chandelier, was like "I'm desperate for getting your attention. Look at me"
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/9/2013, 7:44 pm

^For me it was the thrusting his hips up while lying on the floor that screamed "desperate", lol. Razz
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/9/2013, 7:51 pm

What I was getting on tumblr people were turning over or off because of the McKinley side.

One said her mum loved the New York side better and loved the chemistry between Kurt and Elliot even though she is not a regular viewer. I think she must be an Adam fan.

So, McKinley once again put people off from watching further.

And this girl said her mum hates Blaine and Sam because they are so boring.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/9/2013, 7:52 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^For me it was the thrusting his hips up while lying on the floor that screamed "desperate", lol. Razz
Well if he tried to get some attention, he got me there hahaha but I'm not so sure if he got Kurt's attention...probably he did Razz

And you know, the fandon might have their issues sometimes, but currently everyone agree the old Sam from season 2 & 3, is gone.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 11/10/2013, 5:10 pm

5x04 "A Katy or a Gaga" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_mw2c95sp8S1s57bimo1_500
5x04 "A Katy or a Gaga" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_mw2c95sp8S1s57bimo2_500
5x04 "A Katy or a Gaga" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_mw2c95sp8S1s57bimo3_500

Santana and Kurt stills from 5x04 - UHQ

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 11/10/2013, 5:17 pm

I have watched the dinner scene many times. Why did Santana tell Kurt to stop flirting you have a fiancée ? Kurt was just talking to Starchild/Elliot .
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/10/2013, 5:19 pm

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:I have watched the dinner scene many times. Why did Santana tell  Kurt to stop flirting you have a fiancée ? Kurt was just talking to Starchild/Elliot .
Because reliable source (me) have confirmed Elliott and Kurt will fuck very soon, and Santana can sense the sexual tension whis fanny2
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 11/10/2013, 5:40 pm

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:I have watched the dinner scene many times. Why did Santana tell  Kurt to stop flirting you have a fiancée ? Kurt was just talking to Starchild/Elliot .
Because RIB are incredibly insecure about Klaine so they think if they constantly remind us that Kurt is shackled to Bland, then we'll magically start to support that horrible excuse for a storyline and forget that Kurt has amazing chemistry with everyone who ISN'T his supposed "endgame".
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 11/10/2013, 5:44 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
Because reliable source (me) have confirmed Elliott and Kurt will fuck very soon, and Santana can sense the sexual tension whis fanny2
Oh really Lottie!? I just thought it was everybody's job to watch out for NY Kurt's chastity and virtue for Blainey Wainey...since you know...Kurt sleeps around so much and ogles at guys at every given moment and that ring on his finger doesn't stop him from cheating. suspectt moque
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/10/2013, 6:11 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:
Oh really Lottie!? I just thought it was everybody's job to watch out for NY Kurt's chastity and virtue for Blainey Wainey...since you know...Kurt sleeps around so much and ogles at guys at every given moment and that ring on his finger doesn't stop him from cheating. suspectt moque
Na, another reliable source informed me that Blaine and Sam are moving to Antarctica soon, opening a penguin refugee heritage Twisted Evil 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 11/10/2013, 6:14 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
Because RIB are incredibly insecure about Klaine so they think if they constantly remind us that Kurt is shackled to Bland, then we'll magically start to support that horrible excuse for a storyline and forget that Kurt has amazing chemistry with everyone who ISN'T his supposed "endgame".

I think you are right. Why can't Kurt have male friends? I would like it if eventually Kurt and Elliot becomes great friends.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 11/10/2013, 6:17 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
Maybe, the will in the dream/fantasy scene. Embarassed blushh 
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/10/2013, 6:20 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
This.

They only had Santana remind Kurt that he is engaged to Blaine so they (RIB) could remind the audience the same thing.
Didn't seem to have work, 'cause people are already shipping Starkurt like mad. Smile
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 11/10/2013, 6:21 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
valkeakuulas wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:
Na, another reliable source informed me that Blaine and Sam are moving to Antarctica soon, opening a penguin refugee heritage Twisted Evil 
Sending Blaine out there to hang out with all these hunky Norwegian nature scientists won't help Klaine's trust issues, so that just means Kurt has to be watched more carefully, in the city of the free gay men, out of which no one seems to be showing any interest to Kurt so far. Kurt has to be ready for Blaine when he decides to return from his manly expedition, right?whis 
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 11/10/2013, 6:30 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
This.

They only had Santana remind Kurt that he is engaged to Blaine so they (RIB) could remind the audience the same thing.
Didn't seem to have work, 'cause people are already shipping Starkurt like mad. Smile
Agree, I am also shipping StarKurt. I hope we get a lot of good scenes between Kurt and Starchild/Elliot.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/10/2013, 7:09 pm

Now you have mentioned that Santana 'nicely' reminded Kurt he's engaged. I simply don't like writers have decided she's the 'voice of reason' of klaine dryy. Isn't the first time that Santana has been the 'cupid', or pleader, of these two. Still I remember when she pointed out in front of Adam, how important was Come What May for Kurt and Blaine.

I'm sorry, I needed to vent that.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 11/10/2013, 7:26 pm

brisallie wrote:Now you have mentioned that Santana 'nicely' reminded Kurt he's engaged. I simply don't like writers have decided she's the 'voice of reason' of klaine dryy. Isn't the first time that Santana has been the 'cupid', or pleader, of these two. Still I remember when she pointed out in front of Adam, how important was Come What May for Kurt and Blaine.

Good points. You know she would not have said it to Blaine if that scene had Blaine instead of Kurt and Starchild/Elliot.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 11/10/2013, 7:30 pm

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:
brisallie wrote:Now you have mentioned that Santana 'nicely' reminded Kurt he's engaged. I simply don't like writers have decided she's the 'voice of reason' of klaine dryy. Isn't the first time that Santana has been the 'cupid', or pleader, of these two. Still I remember when she pointed out in front of Adam, how important was Come What May for Kurt and Blaine.

Good  points. You  know she would not have said it to Blaine if that scene had Blaine instead of Kurt and Starchild/Elliot.
Well, Blaine doesn't have a ring either even though he's probably the one that needs a reminder on his finger that he's in a committed relationship considering he's the one who committed infidelity.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next