Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

+31
JamieRulz
Porcelain
Kurt addict
Divalicious
Delight
mindschemez
msjoanlucette
valkeakuulas
Georgette888
ladydianab
opals
sheny
Jellyrolls
coxfire
ChrisColferFan1
angelnessa
ColdFlame96
Piciollina
MoviesAreLife
Ireth
Kurt Hummel
Glorfindel
tanita_mors
Ranwing
bayth
brisallie
fantastica
Lottie2303
ColferInspired
arina
Buenos
35 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 18 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

Post  Buenos 1/14/2014, 2:31 pm

Chris, Lea and Naya  I don't think  go to any of  these promotional media things (TCA) unless they are specifically asked by FOX/Glee anymore.

Though I have to say Naya's people have done well with her this year; Rolling Stone Cover, presenter at both American Music Awards and People's choice Awards.  Good for her.

That Chris isn't interested in most of  this type of stuff is pretty obvious.

For reasons it seems Lea has lost a lot of interest in red carpet stuff, though it sort of makes me sad that Lea (unlike Chris) used to really enjoy this stuff.  Oh well, life changes and your POV can shift.

Last edited by Buenos on 1/14/2014, 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 18 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

Post  ColferInspired 1/14/2014, 9:10 pm

Buenos wrote:Chris, Lea and Naya  I don't think  go to any of  these promotional media things (TCA) unless they are specifically asked by FOX/Glee anymore.

Though I have to say Naya's people have done well with her, Rolling Stone Cover, presenter at both American Music Awards and People's choice Awards.  Good for her.

Chris isn't interest in most of  this type of stuff is pretty obvious.

For reasons it seems Lea has lost a lot of interest in red carpet stuff, though it sort of makes me sad that Lea (unlike Chris) used to really enjoy this stuff.  Oh well, life changes and your POV can shift.

I am hoping Lea and Naya are planning for their careers after Glee the same as Chris has been doing with his networking.

We don't know how many pages TLOS3 will have.

My guess it is probably bigger than the second one, why he is taking a long time to finish it, so going to things like these parties aren't important to him anymore.

And isn't this usually the time that contracts are re-negotiated?

If they are then Chris, Lea and Naya probably already have.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 1/15/2014, 12:30 am

Paris Barclay posted this image on his twitter:

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 18 Bd_UJBMCUAAiN_J
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/15/2014, 12:44 am

Wow, Chris looks so big!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 18 Empty Le jazz hot

Post  Kurt addict 1/15/2014, 4:03 am

Wow just listened to an accappela version of le jazz hot on tumblr, it was amazing, the glissando (is that the right term Marie?) was breathtaking, Chris's is just on anothe level
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/15/2014, 9:16 am

fantastica wrote:Wow, Chris looks so big!
BB's been working on those pecs, it seems.   arms 

Kurt addict wrote:Wow just listened to an accappela version of le jazz hot on tumblr, it was amazing, the glissando (is that the right term Marie?) was breathtaking, Chris's is just on anothe level
Yup, that's the right term.   fanny2 
And yes, he certainly is. Matching Julie Andrews every step of the way!  hapitgh 

Do you have a link to that acapella version? Or is it easy to find e.g. in the Chris Colfer tag?
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/15/2014, 10:47 am

Featured: Top 4 Golden Globes Speeches That Will Seriously Move You

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 18 Screen_Shot_2014-01-14
These winners used the podium to spread a message greater than themselves.
As you get ready to watch highlight reels from this year's Golden Globes, keep in mind that in the past, some winners have used their acceptance speeches not just as a way to thank a laundry list of people but to spread a message greater than themselves. Here are four past speeches from the past four years that stand out. 

1. Chris Colfer: Glee (2011) 

When openly gay actor Chris Colfer won Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series for Glee, he used it as an opportunity to speak out against bullies. Colfer (who at one point was bullied himself), overcoming a clear fit of nerves, confidently stated, “To all the amazing kids that watch our show. And the kids that our show celebrates, who are constantly told no by the people in their environments, by bullies at school. That they can't be who they are, or have what they want because of who they are. Well, screw that, kids.''
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/15/2014, 2:43 pm

That Golden Globes speech always pops up in lists of 'best acceptance speeches ever'. Razz 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/15/2014, 3:32 pm

^And so it should.  hapitgh 

That speech was what got me interested in the actor behind Kurt Hummel, and it landed me eventually right smack in the middle of his fandom.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/15/2014, 4:15 pm

Part of it is that Chris is just great in public speaking...he mixes humor and insight, kudos to the Clovis High debating team for nurturing some of that natural talent.

It's such a gift!

Last edited by Buenos on 1/15/2014, 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 18 Empty Jazz hot

Post  Kurt addict 1/15/2014, 4:22 pm

http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly1xg5Elk71qm465to1.mp3

This is the link Marie hope it works for you Anna
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/15/2014, 4:45 pm

^Ah, thanks!  neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/15/2014, 4:58 pm

Can't wait WHEN (and I'm confident as an unabashed and hopeless stan to say that instead of IF) Chris takes a singing role on Broadway.  neutre 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/15/2014, 5:04 pm

NOW POLLY BERGEN, who won an Emmy in 1958 for her portrayal of singer Helen Morgan, is busy writing her memoir. Writer Stephanie Mansfield is the pro who is helping. Mansfield wrote Doris Duke's life story, which was turned into a successful CBS miniseries.

Polly will cover her early Hollywood life when wed to uber agent Freddie Fields, her backroom abortion at age 17, etc. She is best remembered by movie fans as the terrified wife in the original "Cape Fear," with Robert Mitchum and Gregory Peck.

I am told the characters in this memoir will include everyone from Bugsy Siegel to Barbra Streisand to Ardeshir Zahedi to Elizabeth Taylor and Harry Belafonte. The book will cover everything from Polly's taking LSD with Cary Grant to playing Chris Colfer's ("Glee") grandma in 2012's "Struck By Lightning." Publishers can't wait for this tell-all, to be titled "Welcome to Pollywood."
chicagotribune.com

Who would have thought we'd ever see Chris Colfer and Cary Grant mentioned in the same sentence in the media?  Razz 

That will be some mighty interesting book.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 1/15/2014, 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Porcelain 1/15/2014, 5:05 pm

Ooh, can't wait to hear what she has to say about Chris.  wub 
Porcelain
Porcelain
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/15/2014, 5:28 pm

Polly Bergen has seen it all... Razz 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/15/2014, 6:31 pm

Can't wait to see what Polly has to say about Chris.

And this is pretty cool - a German ice dancing pair is using Chris's version of Le Jazz Hot for one of their performances. And they're pretty darned good.

Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/15/2014, 6:49 pm

^Wow, that's cool.  Smile 

This is now the 2nd or 3rd time I've seen a Kurt song used for ice-skating.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/15/2014, 6:52 pm

Would be interesting if that pair makes it to the Olympics and uses that performance there. Can you see it? Chris's voice on tv sets all over the world!
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  opals 1/15/2014, 10:05 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^Wow, that's cool.  Smile 

This is now the 2nd or 3rd time I've seen a Kurt song used for ice-skating.

I was thinking that as I was watching it. I wonder what it is that makes ice skaters choose Kurt songs. LOL.  Smile 
opals
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/15/2014, 11:34 pm

"Le Jazz hot" lends itself to ice skating because it's a song which builds to crescendos and has changes in Rhythm and tempo, which ice dancers need.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/16/2014, 6:15 am

I tried to look for this video yesterday but couldn't find it, but thankfully someone else in the fandom did:

So beautiful.

As I said under the comment that gave me this video again:
Hearing his voice so clearly in a big ice-rink stadium gives me the chills (no pun intended, lol). His singing is so clear as a bell, and it really comes out to shine when it's played so loud like this.

And the ice-skating itself is lovely, it really adds to the song, as the song adds to the skating.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 1/16/2014, 9:32 am

Ranwing wrote:
And this is pretty cool - a German ice dancing pair is using Chris's version of Le Jazz Hot for one of their performances. And they're pretty darned good.

Glorfindel wrote:
As I said under the comment that gave me this video again:
Hearing his voice so clearly in a big ice-rink stadium gives me the chills (no pun intended, lol). His singing is so clear as a bell, and it really comes out to shine when it's played so loud like this.

And the ice-skating itself is lovely, it really adds to the song, as the song adds to the skating.

Seriously, these two video clips cheered me up a great deal. It's definitely cool to see Kurt/Chris's cover of songs being used for ice-skating performances. I would've thought that they would go for Julie Andrew's version of Le Jazz Hot , if not the original Beatle's version of IWHYH. Kurt rules!  Smile 
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/16/2014, 10:34 am

It goes a long way to showing just how impactful Chris's vocal performances on Glee have been. I'll admit if I'm wrong, but I don't know of other figure skating performers using the songs done by other cast members for their performances (and if I am, someone please correct me). Chris may not get the most songs, but after Lea, his are the ones that really stand out the most as unqiue works in their own rights and not just basic covers.

And I do recall the song writer who worked with Andrew Lloyd Webber expressing that one of her favorite renditions of As If We Never Said Goodbye was the one performed by Chris. That really says a great deal.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/17/2014, 7:31 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 18 Tumblr_mzkf8xjFKm1qe476yo1_500
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next