Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

+31
JamieRulz
Porcelain
Kurt addict
Divalicious
Delight
mindschemez
msjoanlucette
valkeakuulas
Georgette888
ladydianab
opals
sheny
Jellyrolls
coxfire
ChrisColferFan1
angelnessa
ColdFlame96
Piciollina
MoviesAreLife
Ireth
Kurt Hummel
Glorfindel
tanita_mors
Ranwing
bayth
brisallie
fantastica
Lottie2303
ColferInspired
arina
Buenos
35 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 19 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

Post  ColferInspired 1/18/2014, 12:26 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 19 Tumblr_mzkf8xjFKm1qe476yo2_r1_500

I agree 100% to that.  thumnup
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 19 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

Post  Buenos 1/18/2014, 12:40 am

The one common thread with people who have dealings with Chris is that he always comes up with funny quips...
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/18/2014, 1:34 am

Hay he isn't the favorite comedian for nothing.  neutre
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/18/2014, 2:09 am

http://www.buzzfeed.com/emilyhennen/25-famous-people-who-are-good-at-something-besides-being-fam

Chris is number 7.

I love seeing Chris in these sorts of lists with such big names as Harrison Ford, Angelina Jolie etc.  Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/18/2014, 11:45 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 19 Tumblr_mzmlvabq6P1qe476yo1_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/19/2014, 12:22 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 19 Tumblr_mzmlvabq6P1qe476yo2_r1_500

I love this obsession with Chris's hair.  Razz

It is lovely of her to answer their questions.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 1/19/2014, 3:41 pm

Chris would be PERFECT for this role. PETER PAN!!!    Too bad he's on a terrible TV show currently.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/19/2014, 5:43 pm

bayth wrote:Chris would be PERFECT for this role. PETER PAN!!!    Too bad he's on a terrible TV show currently.

Hmm. I wonder if they'll cast a woman in the Peter Pan role like it has been traditionally done on Broadway (Mary Martin, Sandy Duncan, etc.).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Porcelain 1/19/2014, 5:48 pm

bayth wrote:Chris would be PERFECT for this role. PETER PAN!!!    Too bad he's on a terrible TV show currently.
To be perfectly honest, after the absolute trainwreck that was Sound of Music, I think I'd prefer Chris stay on Glee.  Razz 
Porcelain
Porcelain
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 1/19/2014, 5:54 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:

Hmm.  I wonder if they'll cast a woman in the Peter Pan role like it has been traditionally done on Broadway (Mary Martin, Sandy Duncan, etc.).  

The article specifically says they're going to have a male play the role.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  JamieRulz 1/19/2014, 5:55 pm

I'd love to see Chris as Peter Pan! Maybe we can get the actor who plays Hook on Once Upon A Time (sorry, I don't know his name) as Captain Hook and make it a little more PG-13, if you know what I mean  fanny2 
JamieRulz
JamieRulz
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/19/2014, 7:30 pm

It's going to be at least 16 months before Chris can commit to any major stage endeavors but I'm sure they're coming down the line. The one thing that excites me about his literary gig is that it gives him some financial security so he can be a bit picky at different possible acting projects, not having to accept anything as so many actors are forced to do just to pay the mortgage. His additional 3 book deal with possibly more is long term career planning for Chris.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/19/2014, 8:21 pm

bayth wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:

Hmm.  I wonder if they'll cast a woman in the Peter Pan role like it has been traditionally done on Broadway (Mary Martin, Sandy Duncan, etc.).  

The article specifically says they're going to have a male play the role.

I didn't actually read the article. LOL.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/19/2014, 8:31 pm

The day you get so bored from hiatus you're glad when there's news and info on Chris Colfer's hair.  Smile
Lo and behold, more secret, inside information you always wanted to know:

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 19 Tumblr_mzo8sf3Xp81qe476yo1_500
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 19 Tumblr_mzo8sf3Xp81qe476yo2_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/19/2014, 10:17 pm

if that peter pan thing is for short term, maybe chris can squeeze in a few weeks here and there. well, i didn't read the article carefully either, but nobody mentions chris in the comments?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/19/2014, 11:34 pm

I want to ask that woman what the hair gel budget is for Glee.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 1/19/2014, 11:39 pm

Glorfindel wrote:The day you get so bored from hiatus you're glad when there's news and info on Chris Colfer's hair.  Smile
Lo and behold, more secret, inside information you always wanted to know:

I'm always happy to hear about his hair, whether there's any other news or not. Smile 

Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/19/2014, 11:42 pm

fantastica wrote:if that peter pan thing is for short term, maybe chris can squeeze in a few weeks here and there. well, i didn't read the article carefully either, but nobody mentions chris in the comments?

He'd probably have to take a month off from Glee to do it, I understand they had rehearsals for several weeks for "The Sound of Music" before the live broadcast.

It's doable if he gets offered the role and Glee is willing to give him the time off. Yet that is a competing network NBC, however I do think that Chris would be ideal for the role if they want a male actor for the role, which is actually a novelty. It's usually cast for women actors.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/20/2014, 12:33 am

i can't imagine any other guy for this role. it's made for chris. and i don't know another person like him.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/20/2014, 3:59 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 19 Tumblr_mzociwXNSj1qjlzrgo1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/20/2014, 2:54 pm

Buenos wrote:
fantastica wrote:if that peter pan thing is for short term, maybe chris can squeeze in a few weeks here and there. well, i didn't read the article carefully either, but nobody mentions chris in the comments?

He'd probably have to take a month off from Glee to do it, I understand they had rehearsals for several weeks for "The Sound of Music" before the live broadcast.

It's doable if he gets offered the role and Glee is willing to give him the time off.  Yet that is a competing network NBC, however I do think that Chris would be ideal for the role if they want a male actor for the role, which is actually a novelty.  It's usually cast for women actors.

Ditto on Chris being beyond perfect for this part and had it been done last year (when Chris was so completely sidelined on Glee) I think that he could very well have wrangled the time. Now with the new NY-centric focus, he's probably not going to be nearly as flexible. The odds are that if the producers want Chris (and they'd be idiots not to), he'd have to negotiate missing several weeks of filming (depending on PP's production schedule). I'm not sure if the fact that PP would be on a competing network would be quite the issue, as it could mean an enormous amount of publicity for Glee (if Chris's performance is recieved well). Look what DWTS did for Amber - Glee couldn't wait to bring her back because she got so much focus doing the show on a competing network. Sometimes it's a good thing to let the comeptition do some of the PR work for you.

I certainly think that the viewing audience will have no issues with a male performer playing PP (even if it's a part that's customarily been played by female actors). We have a very male PP in Once Upon a Time and Chris certainly has the youthful air that would be ideal for playing that role. I'm sure that there are a million reasons that will make it impossible for Chris to take the role, but I'll be happy just to see him being seriously considered. Besides looking right for the part, he's got the singing and acting chops to play it and I am just itching to see Chris play other parts. Honestly, I cannot think of too many male actors who would be nearly as good as Chris to play the part.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 1/20/2014, 3:39 pm

I don't believe Chris will get the part (due to time constraints AND NBC being a major competitor for FOX), but he'd be beyond perfect for this part. Maybe we are in for a surprise?!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/20/2014, 3:53 pm

I'm sure that there are a million reasons that will make it impossible for Chris to take the role, but I'll be happy just to see him being seriously considered. Besides looking right for the part, he's got the singing and acting chops to play it and I am just itching to see Chris play other parts. Honestly, I cannot think of too many male actors who would be nearly as good as Chris to play the part.

I'm wondering if they have another actor in mind already, or why else announce this so far ahead of time?

As successful as "Sound of Music" was in the ratings, poor Carrie Underwood was blasted from all corners for her poor acting. When I saw the show I thought she was overwhelmed by the acting chops of the role, and it showed glaringly.

They need a "name" to do it, and I'm at a loss as to who they would get other than Chris who fits the part. However it must be said that alot of Hollywood movie and TV actors have a musical theatre background even if just back in whatever performing arts school they went to.

Oh well, for all we know Daniel Radcliffe has aleardy signed for the role. Smile 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/20/2014, 4:34 pm

Buenos wrote:Oh well, for all we know Daniel Radcliffe has aleardy signed for the role. Smile 

Doubt it, considering that he's comitted for another Broadway show - "The Cripple of Inishmaan" (which I cannot wait to see). suspectt

Out of current "adult" actors out there, Chris is one of the very few that I can see being able to play the part well. The other option is to cast a child actor, but I can't see NBC investing big bucks on a high profile production without having a solid actor in the lead part.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 1/20/2014, 4:41 pm

They could hire Blarren and then he would be away from Blee for several weeks.  Smile 
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next