Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

+31
JamieRulz
Porcelain
Kurt addict
Divalicious
Delight
mindschemez
msjoanlucette
valkeakuulas
Georgette888
ladydianab
opals
sheny
Jellyrolls
coxfire
ChrisColferFan1
angelnessa
ColdFlame96
Piciollina
MoviesAreLife
Ireth
Kurt Hummel
Glorfindel
tanita_mors
Ranwing
bayth
brisallie
fantastica
Lottie2303
ColferInspired
arina
Buenos
35 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 17 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

Post  fantastica 1/9/2014, 4:54 pm

that writer really doesn't know colfer. bookstore thing is not about stalking but about book signing (i bet this guy didn't know chris is also a best seller author). in otherwords, colfer is saying "you have supported my tv, movie and book careers...". it's a very sweet and humorous way for him to acknowledge his fan's devotion. that writer knows shit.

Last edited by fantastica on 1/9/2014, 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 17 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

Post  Buenos 1/9/2014, 5:13 pm

fantastica wrote:that writer really doesn't know colfer. bookstore thing is not about stalking about book signing. in otherwords, colfer is saying "you have supported my tv, movie and book careers...". it's a very sweet and humorous way for him to acknowledge his fan's devotion. that writer knows shit.

I'm actually in awe of his speech....in a couple of minutes he acknowledged and gave credit to his fellow nominees (while deftly not giving the tinhatters any thing to grab onto), made a slight nod to his character being gay and/the nominees, gave a shout out to his fans and his other work, and had fun with fandom and fanfiction.    All with a self deprecating style.

AND Without taking up bloated minutes on his speech babbling away...

Kudos Chris, he handles acceptance speeches like he handles Sai Swords.... hola
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 1/9/2014, 8:56 pm

I think that person who wrote that article should better his job, because is clear that didn't do any research about Chris. If that person should have done his research, would have know Chris is not only an actor, but also a writer; and one of his chracteristic is his particular sense of humour.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/10/2014, 5:19 am

^Well, the writer knows now, lol. He got quite a slap on the wrist in the comment section for not doing even the tiniest bit of research. 

You'd expect at least the basic knowledge on a gay celebrity you write about when you're specifically hired to write about gay celebrities on a website dedicated for the most part to gay celebrities.  Rolling Eyes
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 1/10/2014, 7:44 pm

brisallie wrote:@georgette88, I got confused. What's the difference between the PR firm and the agency? I used to believe it were practically the same, if not the same.

ID deal with publicity and promotion of Chris and his projects and Alla is his main PR person / publicist. ICM and Coast to Coast are his talent agencies. They deal with getting him work- putting him forward for roles, getting his name out there to the right people for possible projects, getting him auditions and booking him for projects. He also has a literary agent, Rob Weisbach of Rob Weisbach Creative Management, for the book side. He will have managed Chris's book drals with the publishers. Hope that helps.

Oh, and the other company you might hear of, btw, is Inphenate which is where Glenn Rigberg, Chris's Manager is from. Glenn also co-produced SBL.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 1/11/2014, 7:35 am

Georgette888 wrote:
brisallie wrote:@georgette88, I got confused. What's the difference between the PR firm and the agency? I used to believe it were practically the same, if not the same.

ID deal with publicity and promotion of Chris and his projects and Alla is his main PR person / publicist. ICM and Coast to Coast are his talent agencies. They deal with getting him work- putting him forward for roles, getting his name out there to the right people for possible projects, getting him auditions and booking him for projects. He also has a literary agent, Rob Weisbach of Rob Weisbach Creative Management, for the book side. He will have managed Chris's book drals with the publishers. Hope that helps.

Oh, and the other company you might hear of, btw, is Inphenate which is where Glenn Rigberg, Chris's Manager is from. Glenn also co-produced SBL.

Thanks  Smile 

I'm now confused as to what his manager does then.  ooppss Could you share about that too?
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 1/11/2014, 8:52 am

Ireth wrote:

Thanks  Smile 

I'm now confused as to what his manager does then.  ooppss Could you share about that too?

There can be overlap but, from what I understand, the manager deals with more the day to day stuff of scheduling, contracts and the business side. Also they are concerned with the positioning of the actor's career. An actor just starting out won't usually have a manager, agent and publicist of their own. Usually you start with an agent and get the others when your career hits a certain level which for Chris was obviously pretty quickly.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 1/11/2014, 1:49 pm

@Ireth, and also to Georgette (though it seems you're the expert here) I just found this link that it can help to know the difference between manager, agent and puclicist

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/differences-between-manager-agent-publicist-11318.html
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/11/2014, 2:04 pm

They all have to get paid and some even take a small percentage of what he makes! I would imagine it can add up.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/11/2014, 8:27 pm

https://twitter.com/AdzMurray

Adam Murray ‏@AdzMurray 3h

Sat at lunch with Amanda Seyfried, Justin Long & Chris Colfer at The Omphoy Hotel! #casual #weddingprep #celebwatch pic.twitter.com/KREvTptree

Chris in Palm Beach?
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/11/2014, 10:12 pm

weddingprep? was he there for a wedding (of some friend's)?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 1/12/2014, 5:44 am

Georgette888 wrote:
Ireth wrote:

Thanks  Smile 

There can be overlap but, from what I understand, the manager deals with more the day to day stuff of scheduling, contracts and the business side. Also they are concerned with the positioning of the actor's career. An actor just starting out won't usually have a manager, agent and publicist of their own. Usually you start with an agent and get the others when your career hits a certain level which for Chris was obviously pretty quickly.

brisallie wrote:@Ireth, and also to Georgette (though it seems you're the expert here) I just found this link that it can help to know the difference between manager, agent and puclicist

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/differences-between-manager-agent-publicist-11318.html

Thanks so much, girls  bisou 

Looks like Chris is attending a wedding. Hope he has fun  neutre 
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 1/12/2014, 8:07 am

Yeah, that link explains it much better than I did, tbh. Lol They all do a good job for Chris, don't they? We should be grateful to his excellent and professional team, imo.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 1/12/2014, 6:57 pm

Buenos wrote:https://twitter.com/AdzMurray

Adam Murray ‏@AdzMurray 3h

Sat at lunch with Amanda Seyfried, Justin Long & Chris Colfer at The Omphoy Hotel! #casual #weddingprep #celebwatch pic.twitter.com/KREvTptree

Chris in Palm Beach?

I didn't know he had friends in common with people like Amanda Seyfriend or Justin Long. I hope he has fun there.

@Ireth and Georgette, you're welcome for the link. And I agree that is great that Chris has an amazing team ( or CC army) behind him.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/12/2014, 7:09 pm

^The way that tweet was worded it could have been anything: Chris could have been there with Amanda Seyfried, or simply been seen in the same restaurant as her by this Adam. And the #weddingprep tag could have been only relevant to the man tweeting.
There's no telling why or with who Chris was there (and it's not like we have a right to know anyway, for that matter).

Lol, my oldest daughter has said repeatedly that she thinks that Amanda Seyfried would make an excellent Red from TLoS in a movie. So it's funny to me that Chris might have had lunch with her. Imaginiation going crazy right now.  Razz
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/12/2014, 8:19 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^The way that tweet was worded it could have been anything: Chris could have been there with Amanda Seyfried, or simply been seen in the same restaurant as her by this Adam. And the #weddingprep tag could have been only relevant to the man tweeting.
There's no telling why or with who Chris was there (and it's not like we have a right to know anyway, for that matter).

Lol, my oldest daughter has said repeatedly that she thinks that Amanda Seyfried would make an excellent Red from TLoS in a movie. So it's funny to me that Chris might have had lunch with her. Imaginiation going crazy right now.  Razz

What if it was a business luncheon for one of his projects?
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/12/2014, 8:31 pm

hope so. chris is always working on / preparing for new projects.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/12/2014, 9:24 pm

Chris is very circumspect about who he knows or his contacts in the biz, it usually comes out from others who mention something about their dealings or admiration for him.

The biopic movie he's attached to, it's all speculation but either he's a supporting character in it, and/or it's a project that can start filming after a script is finalized. Realistically it's either something that can be filmed immediately at the conclusion of Gee production this year (April/May?2014) and after which he gets a 2 1/2 to 3 month hiatus.

Or it's something that will happen once Season 6 (and Glee) concludes in S6 around May 2015.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/13/2014, 3:51 am

Thrilled for Jarred Leto's Golden Globe for "Dallas Buyers Club" ( he was friggin amazing) and couldn't help but think of this great quote from him a couple of years ago:

"I met Chris Colfer recently. He’s a fucking amazing kid, I love what he is, I love what he thinks and his fucking lovely smile. He’s such a beautiful kid. He told me “I love your music and your acting.” I said “I want to be your father.” He’s so fucking adorable."

Jarred looks insanely young for 42(!) but then again so dies Chris for 24 so you never know if they can make a movie together as Father/son...   Razz AndYes I realize this is all silly speculation prompted by Jarred's win today..
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 1/13/2014, 2:19 pm

@Buenos,I'm sorry for this silly question, but isn't Jared? Ok going back to your exciment, I didn't know he met Chris years ago and said those nice things about him Smile and as young as looks Jared he could be an older brother. Or was a teenager dad.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/13/2014, 2:45 pm

You're right it's Jared not Jarred.

Brisallie I was thinking he could also pass as Chris older brother or a teenage dad. Maybe a very young uncle?
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/13/2014, 3:22 pm

I'm fascinated as to what actors make good transitions from TV to movies or seem to go back and forth.

Chris Praat of "Parks and Recreation" is a fine comic actor, ( it's one of my favorite shows) and even working full time on "Parks" he's had roles in critically acclaimed movies like "Moneyball" and "Zero Dark thirty" . He's even filmed a big budget Marvel movie "Guardians of the Galaxy, with filming starting in July 2013 and wrapping up in Oct 2013. Apparently he signed a deal with Marvel Studios. Parks and Recreation are finishing up their 6th season, and it's up in the air if they are going to be renewed for a 7th , either way it looks as if Chris Praat is on his way to at least a great start in movie business.

So some things are possible even while filming a series but it also comes out to luck and timing. (The right project wants you when you are available)

I'm so looking forward to after filming wraps up this season because we should get a better view of Chris' post Glee projects/opportunities.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/13/2014, 11:04 pm

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/14/2014, 3:44 am

Buenos wrote:http://www.out.com/out-exclusives/2014/01/07/fourth-annual-100-most-eligible-bachelors#slide-4

Chris in OUT magazine's top 100 eligible bachelors

But he's not a bachelor.  Razz

But then Out prefers to follow straight celebrities and not gay ones.  :angry:
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 17 Empty Batcholer

Post  Kurt addict 1/14/2014, 2:25 pm

Technically Chris is still a batchler because he is not married even Thoe he is in a long term relationship.

On another note someone got over the flue fast! Must have been a new strain or man flue !
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next