Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

+30
TimF
MissSoniaPP
tanita_mors
karmapolice
glimmerle
GreenEyes
Georgette888
teardrop
Ireth
kac
SippyCupofLuv
brisallie
sheny
opals
coxfire
Delight
valkeakuulas
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
arina
ColdFlame96
Glorfindel
Divalicious
ColferInspired
Buenos
AnneNeville
fantastica
Jellyrolls
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
34 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 12 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  ColferInspired 8/16/2013, 5:42 am

Georgette888 wrote:Look, I am sorry for being rude but that post was needlessly inflammatory. I bite my tongue with a lot but that was the final straw. You talk about the video going viral. You haven't even seen the video yet and you've already hung; drawn and quartered Ryan almost in your mind. You are going into the vid with what you expect to see. Two people have already said that they cannot remember any such clear cut action but already you are planning how people will react to posting it? A big proportion of Colfer fandom have already seen it and had no such reaction. And, yes, it can be painted as homophobic to assume that Ryan is predatory from a few BIs. To rule out such action in Hollywood? Naive. To be sure of them with no proof? That will be thought stereotyping by many. And, yes, seeing ad Chris was getting a lot more from the show at the time of Glee Live even such nasty interpretations are very easy to turn back on him. And your only response to that awful muck being said about him by even a dozen and then defended in replies for 300 pages in the tag as always happens when a few say nasty things is Haters are gonna hate? That is wildly irresponsible in my eyes. So I am sorry for the harshness but I stand by the idea that calmer reflection would be good. Anyway, moving on and sorry again.
If you read my post above I am not going to post it.

Chris does not deserve this if he was unaware of it. If he did, then best leave it in the past.

This could be damaging, and so let's just forget about it and move on. neutre 

And the joke was inappropriate, not predatory.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9 - Page 12 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 9

Post  Georgette888 8/16/2013, 6:01 am

Yes, thanks. I'm sorry again. Not hating on you or any fan here. I was just genuinely horrified by what I saw as the consequences of what was suggested on a public board. As I said and you said and we've all said *g*, moving on and sorry.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/16/2013, 6:11 am

You are correct that it probably a better idea not to post the video.

However I will also stand by my personal belief about what I think of Ryan Murphy. Usually I don't comment on it as well, but I don't have this opinion because of sheer hate or a wounded ego because of the lack of Kurt. I know I am also not alone with my thoughts and there are not unfounded. But this is the Chris Colfer Forum and not the "I dislike Ryan Murphy" Forum". So moving on, I will refrain to comment on it again. I also want this board to be peaceful and not start any unnecessary fights.

However, I agree, in case this can harm in any way Chris, we shouldn't post it.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/16/2013, 6:23 am

The difference between Chris posting an instagram when he is at a concert (like the Beyonce concert) he films the concert (though we mostly filmed what was on screen as he was up high and not near the stage) and we hear him singing "Single Ladies".

To Darren filming the "Imagine Dragons" where we get his mug at the end of the video.

Boy, does he love camera's. Rolling Eyes 

Though lot's of people do it, so nothing bad. Razz 

Just my observation.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/16/2013, 8:08 am

Just my thoughts on the matter:

As far as I'm concerned in the Snark&Bark thread and the Gossip World thread anyone can be criticized (except Chris, and even that can be debatable sometimes, imo). We do it all the time with Darren and his fans, so I don't think Ryan Murphy should be an exception. There are certainly many things I don't like about him, and he doesn't have a good track record.
However, take very good caution with what can be implied when speculating about certain (sexual) innuendo and rumors: it's much easier to ruin a good reputation than to keep or restore one. And a little pebble can cause an unstoppable avalanche, taking everything in its path with it.
This fandom runs with every tiny thing, turning molehills into mountains (e.g. something 1 person of a certain ship says or did can become a ship war of gigantic proportions).

I certainly don't want to shut down these kind of discussions (I enjoy them too much myself, lol). Just don't take an opinion or a conclusion (after studying 'evidence') as proof or a fact. Speculating, making fun of, even heavily hinting at: all fine imo, but.....just be careful and not too disrespectful is what I want to say, I guess. blushh 

I would also like to ask everyone to keep the more harsh criticisms and gossipy speculations to these 2 threads only (Snark&Bark and Gossip World), and to redirect the conversation here as soon as a topic on another thread veers into this kind of territory.
I don't mean simple bitching about spoilers, song distribution, RIB/Fox or certain parts of the fandom in e.g. the spoiler thread (Lord knows I do that a lot myself), but I mean the more personal insinuations concerning the (assumed) actions/feelings of the actors and writers, and such. There's too much of the gossip and nastiness seeping into the other threads lately, imo, although the mods usually take appropiate actions before it gets out of hand.

Anyway, as I said: just my thoughts.
(And for the record: I didn't mean to berate or accuse anyone on this board.)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  GreenEyes 8/16/2013, 11:44 am

Hi everyone!

Sorry to bring this up again, but I just wanted to let you know that I have the exact video of the Single Ladies performance that was being discussed here. I lurk here and don't post, but I just wanted to let people know the following:

I will not post the video (I don't know how to anyway), but I just want to be very clear...

In that video, Ryan definitely DOES NOT open his belt or do anything inappropriate at all. He puts his hands down near his belt area because he is zipping up his hoodie cardigan. You can see his hands attach the zipper at the bottom and pull it up to his chest. I've watched that video multiple times back when it first came out online and since I saved it, and it is very clear that this is what he was doing. I'm absolutely 100% sure about this, and so was everyone who saw that video when it first came out online.

Brad, meanwhile, is laughing and turns to look at Ryan because they're both in awe at the roar of the crowd when Chris starts shaking his hips.

People can dislike Ryan for his writing, showrunning, etc., but people should not be stirring the pot and starting unsubstantiated rumors like this, especially when they admit they don't have the video and haven't seen it in a while, if at all. I'm not trying to be accusatory toward anyone on this board, but that is just how I see it.

I hope this clears everything up.

GreenEyes
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 8/16/2013, 11:53 am

Thank you, greeneyes. I knew it wasn't that as I would have remembered but couldn't watch the video to say 100% what did happen as I did remember some sort of action and you saying that reminds me. Yep, he zipped up his top. Thanks and no wish to belabour but I hope it puts minds at rest on that. Aww, those days were super cute. Sigh.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 8/16/2013, 11:57 am

Thank you so much, GreenEyes.

I have that video as well and tried to find and check it for any evidence of RM's supposed inappropriate behavior, because I never noticed anything weird when I watched it back then, but I couldn't find it yet. So thanks for clearing that up.
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/16/2013, 11:57 am

GreenEyes wrote:Hi everyone!

Sorry to bring this up again, but I just wanted to let you know that I have the exact video of the Single Ladies performance that was being discussed here. I lurk here and don't post, but I just wanted to let people know the following:

I will not post the video (I don't know how to anyway), but I just want to be very clear...

In that video, Ryan definitely DOES NOT open his belt or do anything inappropriate at all. He puts his hands down near his belt area because he is zipping up his hoodie cardigan. You can see his hands attach the zipper at the bottom and pull it up to his chest. I've watched that video multiple times back when it first came out online and since I saved it, and it is very clear that this is what he was doing. I'm absolutely 100% sure about this, and so was everyone who saw that video when it first came out online.

Brad, meanwhile, is laughing and turns to look at Ryan because they're both in awe at the roar of the crowd when Chris starts shaking his hips.

People can dislike Ryan for his writing, showrunning, etc., but people should not be stirring the pot and starting unsubstantiated rumors like this, especially when they admit they don't have the video and haven't seen it in a while, if at all. I'm not trying to be accusatory toward anyone on this board, but that is just how I see it.

I hope this clears everything up.
Thank you. This is sort of what I was expecting when I asked if anyone had the video in question. It seemed strange that Ryan would do what was described in public. I had no idea that--while I was offline--the discussion would get so intense!

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/16/2013, 1:41 pm

@GreenEyes, thanks for clarify everything. Personally I never came across with this video rumour,and even though I saw lots of Single Ladies performances, I don't remember to have seen something strange in none of them, or having seen neither Brad or Ryan. So when I found this, it took me by surprise, because one thing is reading the rumours that Ryan has preferences towards some, only because there's couching cast, but another is seen him explicitely doing this sexual innuendos.

Last edited by brisallie on 8/16/2013, 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/16/2013, 1:42 pm

Thank you for clarifying. Even though I really do not like Ryan, I am very glad that rumor turned out to be wrong.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/16/2013, 1:48 pm

brisallie wrote:@GreenEyes, thanks for clarify everything. Personally I never came across with this video rumour,and even though I saw lots of Single Ladies performances, I don't remember to have seen something strange in none of them, or having seen neither Brad or Ryan. So when I found this, it took me by surprise, because one thing is reading the rumours that Ryan has preferences towards some, only because there's couching cast, but another is seen him explicitely doing this sexual innuendos.
The closest things I've seen to that are images and gifs of Ryan stroking Darren's cheek and pushing Heather away and pulling Darren to pose next to him. Though those could always be selective editing (out of context) for the first case, and not wanting to pose next to such a tall woman in the second.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/16/2013, 10:28 pm

Thank you for the information, GreenEyes!

I got a little freaked out when I thought that he might have targeted Chris with such behavior. I'm also ashamed that I was so quick to believe the video rumor when I am usually one to (somewhat) defend him a little bit on this board. So glad that it turned out to be false. The nasty gossip that he may have targeted actors like Chord or Darren doesn't bother me as much as it makes me roll my eyes. But the idea of Chris and others getting involved in such a mess? Creepy.

And yes, something like this could've reflected badly on Chris had it turned out to be true....even if he had been the unwilling/unaware victim and had turned down such advances instead of taking advantage of them, thus leading to onscreen "punishment" as a result (that was my headcanon, anyway).

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/16/2013, 10:29 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
brisallie wrote:@GreenEyes, thanks for clarify everything. Personally I never came across with this video rumour,and even though I saw lots of Single Ladies performances, I don't remember to have seen something strange in none of them, or having seen neither Brad or Ryan. So when I found this, it took me by surprise, because one thing is reading the rumours that Ryan has preferences towards some, only because there's couching cast, but another is seen him explicitely doing this sexual innuendos.
The closest things I've seen to that are images and gifs of Ryan stroking Darren's cheek and pushing Heather away and pulling Darren to pose next to him. Though those could always be selective editing (out of context) for the first case, and not wanting to pose next to such a tall woman in the second.
Hmmmm. dryy 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 8/19/2013, 2:11 pm

Ughh if I read one more comment like "Klaine can't all the songs" or Blaine AND KURT sing too much I'll break something. The last time I checked the only song Kurt had was part in a duet. Are these people so stupid or just pretend to be. I get that the fans of other characters like Santana, Rachel or Marley are angry because Blaine gets so many songs I am too but Blaine and Kurt are not the same person. When Blaine sings it doesn't mean that Kurt sings too. Blaine and Klaine are not the same thing so stop hating on Kurt for songs he doesn't sing just because he is part of some stupid ship and they are too dumb to make a difference between a person and a couple.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/19/2013, 3:11 pm

Seriously? What is wrong with these people? Klaine sings too much? Kurt sings too much? I'll give them the fact that there are way too many Klaine duets for my liking, but Kurt does not sing too much.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/19/2013, 3:41 pm

Moving over from the spoiler thread. To summarize:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 8/19/2013, 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding spoiler tags)

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/19/2013, 3:55 pm

AnneNeville wrote:Moving over from the spoiler thread. To summarize:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/19/2013, 4:00 pm

Sorry about that. I assumed that those who were snarking were snarking because they already had read spoilers. Embarassed 

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/19/2013, 4:02 pm

No problem. We just put the snarking about spoilers in spoiler tags on this thread so that people who want to snark without being spoiled can do so.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/19/2013, 4:03 pm

AnneNeville wrote:Sorry about that. I assumed that those who were snarking were snarking because they already had read spoilers. Embarassed 
I have read spoilers. But the thing is spoilers are already being a crap, that is seems like there's no difference between one thread and another. Is kinda confusing.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/19/2013, 4:05 pm

these days if one has to comment on any spoilers they are all snarky ones, because no news is good news. by the time I have reached the snarky thread i am already exhausted and have nothing else to say.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/19/2013, 4:10 pm

The thing is, for any kind of interesting storyline to get built up, you need to have characters who stick around. You need them long enough for them to get depth and for conflicts to develop. Last year, New York had three regulars: Kurt, Santana, and Rachel. They had two love interests, Adam Crawford and Brody. They had two mentors: Isabelle and Cassandra. And they had one Power Figure: Carmen.

If they would just stick to the characters they established for long enough, make a commitment, then they could build something interesting. Brody should have been the person teaching Santana's ballet extension course. Kurt should have had interactions with Cassandra, which would contrast with Rachel's. Adam should have been allowed to flourish, and since the Adam's Apples were established as outsiders and losers (stage managers! what? Rachel, how could you!), then they should have set up an us vs them dynamic.

It had already started. Rachel was the cool kid. Kurt wasn't. And they resolved all of that in, like, one or two episodes.

Now, it looks like Whoopi is too expensive and Kate Hudson and SJP are unlikely to stick around. They threw Brody away to cater to Finchel fans. Adam vanished, and may or may not come back. So, what do they do now that there are, once again, too few characters in NYC to fuel a storyline?

Do they work their but off to fill in the world that they already established? NO.

Spoiler:

This is not the way to build a show.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/19/2013, 4:29 pm

@AnneNeville, I'm agree with all you posted.

But, at this point I feel like asking Glee for continuity and well established characters, is asking for something impossible. If they're not able to afford for big name like Kate Hudson, Whoopie, SJP, then why don't hire actors who actually are actors, and also are good singers and dancers. It seems to me they're briging people only because Fox thinks is a good way to promote them. And personally I believe what matters here is Glee as a show itself, and not those people. DO they think they will get more viewers?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/19/2013, 4:41 pm

they won't get new viewers. they just need to keep some old viewers. they figured that only blarren's fans are worthy to keep. they don't care about anything else.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next