General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  coxfire on 8/25/2013, 4:40 pm

I did it unbiaised and got Kurt and Artie Smile
avatar
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Posts : 641
Join date : 2012-09-18
Real Name : Mel

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  fantastica on 8/25/2013, 4:45 pm

i couldn't do that game. i tried. i don't know how to ship so i can't imagine a lot of those questions. and i honestly don't remember what each house of hogwarts do in HP.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/25/2013, 5:04 pm

Unbiased: Hummelberry! Yay!!! I love those two so much! Equal parts adorable and talented with just a hint of tension to keep things from being too sugary.

Biased for Kurt: Kurt/Marley! Awwww, lovely!

I am so pleased with the results. Smile 

Btw, those who got Kurt/Artie...what an interesting pair! How did you do it?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2013-01-16
Location : Colorado
Real Name : Heather

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Kurt Hummel on 8/25/2013, 6:56 pm

brisallie wrote:Guys I now some of you are not into shipping, but I just found this test and I think you can do it while you have nothing else to do.

OTP Selector

On a side note, I did the test and the result was : hummelberry lol
I took this quiz before and got Klaine. I may take it again just for fun.

Just took again and got Klaine. I guess they really are my OTP. fanny2 


Last edited by Kurt Hummel on 8/25/2013, 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To share my results)
avatar
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Posts : 682
Join date : 2012-03-15
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  fantastica on 8/25/2013, 9:05 pm

i guess this test is pretty accurate huh? somebody put a lot of time and energy and intelligence into it.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  murasaki1 on 8/26/2013, 1:04 am

I did it unbiased and I got Hummelberry. neutre 

murasaki1
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Posts : 22
Join date : 2013-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  ColferInspired on 8/26/2013, 1:38 am

murasaki1 wrote:I did it unbiased and I got Hummelberry. neutre 
Hi, welcome to the forum. baibai

I love Hummelberry. wub

In an AU they would actually make the perfect couple.
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  murasaki1 on 8/26/2013, 3:29 am

I like Hummelberry, too. I haven't found many fanfics with them paired romantically, though. In canon, I ship Kadam. wub

murasaki1
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Posts : 22
Join date : 2013-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Lottie2303 on 8/26/2013, 4:23 am

Ugh, no to Hummelberry being a perfect couple. I love their friendship, but there is still an unbalance. There really needs to be a episode where Rachel supports Kurt without any personal gain at the end (maybe even sacrifice), just her being there. Unfortunately, especially in S4, Hummelberry is all about Kurt being Rachels cheerleader.

I must say, our unbiased picks actually represent us all a bit. I can live very happily being a Kurtana mix mrgreen 
avatar
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3191
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : the real Land of Stories

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  arina on 8/26/2013, 4:25 am

I don't know how I deserved Lauren with Tina, Lauren was like one of my least favorite characters on the show. crycry
avatar
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1817
Join date : 2012-02-24
Location : Czech Republic
Real Name : Lenka

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Lottie2303 on 8/26/2013, 4:27 am

arina wrote:I don't know how I deserved Lauren with Tina, Lauren was like one of my least favorite characters on the show. crycry
Now, that is a surprising combination. Shocked 
avatar
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3191
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : the real Land of Stories

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Kurt Hummel on 8/26/2013, 5:03 am

arina wrote:I don't know how I deserved Lauren with Tina, Lauren was like one of my least favorite characters on the show. crycry
blinkk That's interesting. I was bored and did the quiz a third time, unbiased, and got Sam and Marley. Took one more time and got Blaine and Finn.
avatar
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Posts : 682
Join date : 2012-03-15
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Glorfindel on 8/26/2013, 6:29 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Ugh, no to Hummelberry being a perfect couple. I love their friendship, but there is still an unbalance. There really needs to be a episode where Rachel supports Kurt without any personal gain at the end (maybe even sacrifice), just her being there. Unfortunately, especially in S4, Hummelberry is all about Kurt being Rachels cheerleader.
I agree with you when it comes to how they portray Hummelberry in the show (ugh), but when you just look at their dynamics as persons in theory they work great as a couple.
Kurt can handle Rachel's crazy, and although he has no problem stalling his own feelings or ambitions a bit whenever Rachel goes overboard in either despair or gloating about her success, he also makes sure he gets what he wants when it comes to his own ambitions and plans.
And Rachel appreciates Kurt being someone who can sympathize with her but also put her back on earth again and call her out whenever she's selfish: she can take criticism from him when she doesn't from others. Rachel also often gives Kurt the extra push to be ambitious, whether in a good way by supporting him or in a bad way by thwarting him and/or challenging him to be better than her. Remember that Rachel was the first character ever to acknowledge how talented Kurt is, and who never bulied him or shut him out for being who he is.

It's the show that messes Hummelberry up by writing always for Rachel and from her POV, and hardly ever for Kurt.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8704
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Lottie2303 on 8/26/2013, 6:54 am

Glorfindel wrote:I agree with you when it comes to how they portray Hummelberry in the show (ugh), but when you just look at their dynamics as persons in theory they work great as a couple.
Kurt can handle Rachel's crazy, and although he has no problem stalling his own feelings or ambitions a bit whenever Rachel goes overboard in either despair or gloating about her success, he also makes sure he gets what he wants when it comes to his own ambitions and plans.
And Rachel appreciates Kurt being someone who can sympathize with her but also put her back on earth again and call her out whenever she's selfish: she can take criticism from him when she doesn't from others. Rachel also often gives Kurt the extra push to be ambitious, whether in a good way by supporting him or in a bad way by thwarting him and/or challenging him to be better than her. Remember that Rachel was the first character ever to acknowledge how talented Kurt is, and who never bulied him or shut him out for being who he is.

It's the show that messes Hummelberry up by writing always for Rachel and from her POV, and hardly ever for Kurt.
Yup, agreed, but as long as there is this very clear unbalance, they could never work for me as a couple, nor could I see them as one. Actually, the balance isn't different much compared to Blaine/Kurt. One of the reasons it sucks to be a Kurtsie is quite frankly that he primary placed next to two characters, who are not allowed to lose, so Kurt receives the shot-end of the stick. Lea and Chris are just much better actors, so the inbalance is not always so glaringly obvious.

I am on the fence with Hummelberry anyway. I love their cute little scenes and friendships - but I also hate it, because it is all about Rachel and her success. BW will never ever really be about Kurt. His story isn't about finding success anymore. He is there for Rachels entertainment and to marry Blaine one day. That is his final goal of the show. I bet we will see Kurt successful on BW in his very last scene, but the journey will be strictly restricted to Rachel.
avatar
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3191
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : the real Land of Stories

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Glorfindel on 8/26/2013, 7:10 am

^I have to agree with you on that.
Kurt is paired with the 2 Glee characters that always must be praised and the best of all of them. And that goes for many of those characters' fans too, who cannot accept anyone being better at some time or another than their fave.

To Blaine you can add that Blaine never can be called out on being wrong, and to Rachel that the focus always has to be on her and not Kurt.

Lottie2303 wrote:One of the reasons it sucks to be a Kurtsie is quite frankly that he primary placed next to two characters, who are not allowed to lose, so Kurt receives the short-end of the stick. Lea and Chris are just much better actors, so the inbalance is not always so glaringly obvious.
Basically, and it sucks. dryy 
Still I can take Hummelberry and like them for what they could be if the writers didn't screw their dynamics up so much, while I cannot ever like Klaine again.
There's just too much that happened with Klaine in comparison to Hummelberry, plus Lea manages to make Rachel 3-dimensional and therefore flawed as a human (so it's easier to symphatize with her) whereas Darren does nothing to make Blaine more than a cardboard character.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8704
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Lottie2303 on 8/26/2013, 7:19 am

Yeah, Hummelberry has a mutter better balance, storylines, chemistry and potential. I also know Chris and Lea deliver, especially with great comedic tidbits in the loft. As I said, I love them but I also hate them. I really need one episode where Rachel sacrifices something and Kurt succeeds. I usually hate that way of thinking, but considering how Kurt is prohibited of any emotions and always used to prop up Rachels feelings (let her fail or succeed, it doesn't matter), I feel like it is the only option to actually give a balance back again. Or lets them succeed/fail through unconnected events. But as I said, NYADA and BW is ALL about Rachel. Kurt is only there, because Rachel needs someone to interact with. But we are fools to assume, Kurts BW storyline is even just a small percentage compared to Rachels level of importance.
avatar
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3191
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : the real Land of Stories

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  brisallie on 8/26/2013, 10:31 am

@Marie,after reading your reasons why Hummelberry might work well as a couple,or as friends at least, I'm agree with you. However, I also believe there's an unbalance in their relationship, because in order for Rachel to win, there someone else has to lose,and sadly is usually Kurt. And even if Kurt wins, Rachel feels depressed and he has to put aside his feelings and comfort her (remember Diva episode?). But, overall, I think Rachel would feel lonely if Kurt wasn't there, because is one of the few (or the only one) who can deal with her 'complicated' personality, so that why I've thought that it won't be bad if Kurt make new friends and moves away from Rachel for a while, because it would be a lesson for her. She needs to understand that friends are not only props.


Having said this, still I think she isn't a bad friend at all, she has supported Kurt as well. But sadly, his selfishness is something she needs to get away from her.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


I currently obsessed with this
avatar
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Lottie2303 on 8/26/2013, 10:36 am

brisallie wrote:@Marie,after reading your reasons why Hummelberry might work well as a couple,or as friends at least, I'm agree with you. However, I also believe there's an unbalance in their relationship, because in order for Rachel to win, there someone else has to lose,and sadly is usually Kurt. And even if Kurt wins,  Rachel feels depressed and he has to put aside his feelings and comfort her (remember Diva episode?). But, overall, I think Rachel would feel lonely if Kurt wasn't there, because is one of the few (or the only one) who can deal with her 'complicated' personality, so that why I've thought that it won't be bad if Kurt make new friends and moves away from Rachel for a while, because it would be a lesson for her. She needs to understand that friends are not only props.


Having said this, still I think she isn't a bad friend at all, she has supported Kurt as well. But sadly, his selfishness is something she needs to get away from her.
Oh, that'd be a great storyline of Kurt moving out of the loft- However, as this is Glee, he'd be the one to apologize at the end.

BTW, I agree entirely with your post.
avatar
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3191
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : the real Land of Stories

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  brisallie on 8/26/2013, 12:08 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
brisallie wrote:@Marie,after reading your reasons why Hummelberry might work well as a couple,or as friends at least, I'm agree with you. However, I also believe there's an unbalance in their relationship, because in order for Rachel to win, there someone else has to lose,and sadly is usually Kurt. And even if Kurt wins,  Rachel feels depressed and he has to put aside his feelings and comfort her (remember Diva episode?). But, overall, I think Rachel would feel lonely if Kurt wasn't there, because is one of the few (or the only one) who can deal with her 'complicated' personality, so that why I've thought that it won't be bad if Kurt make new friends and moves away from Rachel for a while, because it would be a lesson for her. She needs to understand that friends are not only props.


Having said this, still I think she isn't a bad friend at all, she has supported Kurt as well. But sadly, his selfishness is something she needs to get away from her.
Oh, that'd be a great storyline of Kurt moving out of the loft- However, as this is Glee, he'd be the one to apologize at the end.

BTW, I agree entirely with your post.
Yeah, I forgot this's Glee dryy and there's only one, I'm sorry, two people who usually win. But it doesn't stop me for dreaming that Kurt got new friends, who are ONLY his friends, and hopefully one of them is a straight guy, because I want Kurt to have male friends just like Blaine has one. Is so much to ask?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


I currently obsessed with this
avatar
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Glorfindel on 8/26/2013, 12:24 pm

^That would be a great idea! Kurt making new friends and maybe even moving out of the loft, so Rachel realizes how much she takes him for granted.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8704
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  sheny on 8/27/2013, 4:29 pm


sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2881
Join date : 2012-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  ColdFlame96 on 8/27/2013, 4:37 pm

sheny wrote:
Chris looks terrified.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone." -Cory Monteith (May 11, 1982- July 13, 2013)
avatar
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1361
Join date : 2013-05-06
Real Name : Gen

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Buenos on 8/27/2013, 4:52 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
sheny wrote:
Chris looks terrified.
LOL..that is a WTF look on his face....
avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6328
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Ranwing on 8/27/2013, 4:53 pm

Buenos wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
sheny wrote:
Chris looks terrified.
LOL..that is a WTF look on his face....
On the plus side, at least Lea looks more like Rachel and not a stripper-fabulous version of Lea the way she did last season.
avatar
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3529
Join date : 2012-07-18
Location : Levittown, NY
Real Name : Wendy

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Buenos on 8/27/2013, 4:56 pm

I love Lea's headband look. I missed it at times last year.
avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6328
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum