General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  ColdFlame96 on 8/27/2013, 4:57 pm

Ranwing wrote:
Buenos wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
sheny wrote:
Chris looks terrified.
LOL..that is a WTF look on his face....
On the plus side, at least Lea looks more like Rachel and not a stripper-fabulous version of Lea the way she did last season.
I don't understand why people say things like that about her last season. Yeah, the make-up was a little much, but most of the clothes she wore were actually very modest. Why do people say things like this about Rachel but not Santana?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone." -Cory Monteith (May 11, 1982- July 13, 2013)
avatar
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1361
Join date : 2013-05-06
Real Name : Gen

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  ColdFlame96 on 8/27/2013, 4:58 pm

Buenos wrote:I love Lea's headband look. I missed it at times last year.
I think the Rachel look is from last year's promo.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone." -Cory Monteith (May 11, 1982- July 13, 2013)
avatar
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1361
Join date : 2013-05-06
Real Name : Gen

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Lottie2303 on 8/27/2013, 4:59 pm

I disliked Rachels make-up and hairstyle, as it didn't represent to me growing up. It happened to fast with no storyline (the make-over funnily happened before the Vogue storyline). But I really liked her clothes and thought she matured nicely.
avatar
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3191
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : the real Land of Stories

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  ColdFlame96 on 8/27/2013, 5:12 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I disliked Rachels make-up and hairstyle, as it didn't represent to me growing up. It happened to fast with no storyline (the make-over funnily happened before the Vogue storyline). But I really liked her clothes and thought she matured nicely.
Honestly, I think the drastic change in style was a symbol for her. She was forcing herself to grow up too fast because she wanted to fit in so badly, but it ended up being too over the top. The second half of the season is when she started to tone it down with the make-up and hair.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone." -Cory Monteith (May 11, 1982- July 13, 2013)
avatar
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1361
Join date : 2013-05-06
Real Name : Gen

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Lottie2303 on 8/27/2013, 5:15 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:Honestly, I think the drastic change in style was a symbol for her. She was forcing herself to grow up too fast because she wanted to fit in so badly, but it ended up being too over the top. The second half of the season is when she started to tone it down with the make-up and hair.
#

Mmh, I don't believe they put so much effort into it. For me it felt more like, lets merge Rachel and Lea. Rachel looked far too many times like Lea Michele, and I believe they considered that growing up. It was a mistake, as it really didn't fit Rachels character. Less make-up and a different hairstyle would have changed a lot in terms of the perception and reaction of the audience.
avatar
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3191
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : the real Land of Stories

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Glorfindel on 8/27/2013, 5:18 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
Buenos wrote:I love Lea's headband look. I missed it at times last year.
I think the Rachel look is from last year's promo.
And so is Kurt's.

So for the new season 5 promo they use Hummelberry promotion material from early season 4, right at the start I might add (to keep that carrot dangling in front of our faces)..... and the rest of the promo is Darren talking about McKinley. Sleep sleepp blahh

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8704
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  ColdFlame96 on 8/27/2013, 5:22 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:Honestly, I think the drastic change in style was a symbol for her. She was forcing herself to grow up too fast because she wanted to fit in so badly, but it ended up being too over the top. The second half of the season is when she started to tone it down with the make-up and hair.
#

Mmh, I don't believe they put so much effort into it. For me it felt more like, lets merge Rachel and Lea. Rachel looked far too many times like Lea Michele, and I believe they considered that growing up. It was a mistake, as it really didn't fit Rachels character. Less make-up and a different hairstyle would have changed a lot in terms of the perception and reaction of the audience.
Well, I like my theory better. Smile Even Kurt got a bit of a make-over, but his was much more subtle.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone." -Cory Monteith (May 11, 1982- July 13, 2013)
avatar
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1361
Join date : 2013-05-06
Real Name : Gen

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Buenos on 8/27/2013, 5:29 pm

I'm genuinely curious about something so I'd like to see where people stand.

I keep on reading how Blaine blamed Kurt for the cheating and didn't apologize the right way. "What matters is I was lonely, and you weren't there."

While I agree with that , I thought the show clearly spelled out that Kurt wasn't buying any of that. The fact that he refused to accept Blaine's apology initially, dumped his card, told Blaine he didn't trust him anymore and told Isabelle that Blaine was a cheater who tried to assuage his guilt basically said in bold letters that Kurt thought Blaine handled his mea culpa very very badly. The trust was shattered. I know people who forgive cheating and people who don't , so I don' think either way it's set in stone. (thought it truly amuses me that so many Klainers in RL seem to not have had any experience relationships or have any inkling how of RL relationship dynamics works)

The dialogue with Isabelle was Kurt coming to the realization that accepting Blaine's apology and moving on was the best thing for him. Kurt accepting Blaine as as friend again (by I, do) wasn't Kurt necessarily saying he would ever get together with Blaine again.

Agree or disagree, but his dating Adam and not being able to "desperately get over" Blaine showed the quandry Kurt was in. He had forgiven Blaine (at least enough to sleeping with him in "I, do" ) but his hesitation was in getting back into a relationship with him. He tried to move on with another guy (Adam) who liked him and was attracted to him and who seemed like a very nice guy. Yet the writers used Adam as a tool/prop to reinforce Kurt was stuck.

Don't kill me ,but the writers showed that Kurt couldn't get past his feeling for Blaine, even when he consciously wanted to. (LBR, that drives the Blaine stans bonkers, that Kurt "hesitates" so much per their POV and they will never forgive him for that, ironic no? )

However per the narrative is, once again whether you like what the writers did is another story, that Kurt does care for Blaine still, has forgiven him, so there isn't really any need for Blaine to apologize more (IN Thanksgiving Kurt tells Blaine "look you've said your sorry a million times and I believe you")

The issue at this point isn't the cheating, nor is it the apology either , at least for me. What I would want to see is why Kurt thinks he can trust Blaine again and what Blaine can show that he won't cheat again. What has Blaine learned from cheating? Is he past feeling so needy?

So the problem with the proposal is that there is no immediate steps to reconcile as a couple and have a heart to heart about whether a LDR is feasible. It's like going from step B to step W. It doesn't satisfy a good arc for Kurt by any means (for Blaine either for other reasons).
avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6328
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Lottie2303 on 8/27/2013, 5:29 pm

Fair enough. Kurt actually had a subtle and well deserved make-over. He was for once and finally in an accepting environment and didn't need to use his fashion to wear it as an amour. I think the custom designer made an incredible job in regards to Rachel and Kurt, but the make-up department (or RIB) once again had no idea how to mature a female character, without plastering her with make-up fanny2 
avatar
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3191
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : the real Land of Stories

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Buenos on 8/27/2013, 5:34 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:Honestly, I think the drastic change in style was a symbol for her. She was forcing herself to grow up too fast because she wanted to fit in so badly, but it ended up being too over the top. The second half of the season is when she started to tone it down with the make-up and hair.
#

Mmh, I don't believe they put so much effort into it. For me it felt more like, lets merge Rachel and Lea. Rachel looked far too many times like Lea Michele, and I believe they considered that growing up. It was a mistake, as it really didn't fit Rachels character. Less make-up and a different hairstyle would have changed a lot in terms of the perception and reaction of the audience.
Well, I like my theory better. Smile Even Kurt got a bit of a make-over, but his was much more subtle.
I agree that even Kurt's wardrobe changed.  In my head canon, Kurt didn't feel the need to stand out so much in NY, and his sophisticated urban look, (his overcoats and scarf looks were like clothes porn to me..wub ) showed he wasn't in Lima anymore.

I do agree that soemtimes Rachel's makeup was too much, but I don't think that was necessarily inconsistent with the changes in Rachel, but personally I just didn't like it.!
avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6328
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Ranwing on 8/27/2013, 5:38 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Fair enough. Kurt actually had a subtle and well deserved make-over. He was for once and finally in an accepting environment and didn't need to use his fashion to wear it as an amour. I think the custom designer made an incredible job in regards to Rachel and Kurt, but the make-up department (or RIB) once again had no idea how to mature a female character, without plastering her with make-up fanny2 
I think it was interesting that so much of Rachel's efforts to "grow up" fell so completely flat because they weren't coming from a place of inner maturity of sense of self. She began dressing differently because she didn't feel that she was fitting in at NYADA and went for a dramatic, OTT style. She got hooked up with a guy who insisted on an open relationship that didn't have lables not because that was what she genuinely wanted, but because that was what she was told mature NYers did (and because she was letting him set the tone of their relationship, she didn't consider that he might have ulterior motives in keeping their relationship non-monogramous). And all of it ended up not working. It felt artificial because it was artificial. Rachel's new clothes, dip-dyed hair that was teased out and heavy makeup was a costume - she was Rachel Berry as Mature NY Theater Student.

It's also telling that once she ditched Brody, her style reverted rather signifigantly back to something that you might expect a slightly older Rachel to be wearing. Something more in line to who she really is as a person.
avatar
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3529
Join date : 2012-07-18
Location : Levittown, NY
Real Name : Wendy

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  ColdFlame96 on 8/27/2013, 5:40 pm

Buenos wrote:I'm genuinely curious about something so I'd like to see where people stand.

I keep on reading how Blaine blamed Kurt for the cheating and didn't apologize the right way.  "What matters is I was lonely, and you weren't there."

While I agree with that , I thought the show clearly spelled out that Kurt wasn't buying any of that.  The fact that he refused to accept Blaine's apology initially, dumped his card,  told Blaine he didn't trust him anymore and told Isabelle that Blaine was a cheater who tried to assuage his guilt basically said in bold letters that Kurt thought Blaine handled his mea culpa very very badly.  The trust was shattered.  I know people  who forgive cheating and people who don't , so I don' think either way it's set in stone.  (thought it truly amuses me that so many Klainers  in RL seem to not have had any experience  relationships or have any inkling how of RL relationship dynamics works)

The dialogue with Isabelle was Kurt coming to the realization that accepting Blaine's apology and moving on was the best thing for him.  Kurt accepting Blaine as as friend again (by I, do) wasn't Kurt necessarily saying he would ever get together with Blaine again.

Agree or disagree, but his dating Adam and not being able to "desperately get over" Blaine showed the quandry Kurt was in.   He had forgiven Blaine (at least enough to sleeping with him in "I, do" ) but his hesitation was in getting back into a relationship with him.  He tried to move on with another guy (Adam) who liked him and was attracted to him and who seemed like a very nice guy.  Yet the writers used Adam as a tool/prop to reinforce Kurt was stuck.

Don't kill me ,but the writers showed that Kurt couldn't get past his feeling for Blaine, even when he consciously wanted to.  (LBR, that drives the Blaine stans bonkers, that Kurt "hesitates" so much per their POV and they will never forgive him for that, ironic no? )  

However per the narrative is, once again whether you like what the writers did is another story, that Kurt does care for Blaine still, has forgiven him, so there isn't really any need for Blaine to apologize more   (IN Thanksgiving Kurt tells Blaine "look you've said your sorry a million times and I believe you")

The issue at this point isn't the cheating, nor is it  the apology either , at least for me.  What I would want to see is why Kurt thinks he can trust Blaine again and what Blaine can show that he won't cheat again.  What has Blaine learned from cheating?  Is he past feeling so needy?

So the problem with the proposal is that there is no immediate steps to reconcile as a couple and have a heart to heart about whether a LDR is feasible.  It's like going from step B to step W.  It doesn't satisfy a good arc for Kurt by any means (for Blaine either for other reasons).
The bolded right there is the main issue I have with this. Yes, Blaine has said he's sorry, but what has he done to show he actually means it? What has he done to show that he can be trusted and that he knows how to be faithful and that it really was just a fluke? He didn't respect Kurt's wish for space after the break-up(and I still somewhat shipped them at this time), he ran around in superhero costumes, was made to believe that what he did was totally okay and Kurt's an idiot for not taking him back, invaded Kurt's space again by coming with Burt to NY (and I side-eyed Burt in this scenario too because telling your son's ex first? Not cool, dude.) Then he had a crush on Sam, which okay that's cool because he needed to move on but then not 3 episodes later, he told Kurt that they were going to be together no matter what which is a little possessive and creepy, and then once Kurt went back to NY, he sang a love song to another guy, flirted with another guy at the gym, and then expected Kurt to automatically take him back with a proposal.

Basically, the vibe I got was that he's very flakey, and he only seems to "love" Kurt when they're in the same city, but then once Kurt leaves, he moves on to the next guy. He has literally done absolutely nothing to prove that he's trustworthy, in fact quite the opposite. If anything, these events prove that he isn't trustworthy because
1) he only cares about Kurt when it benefits him
2) he never actually told Kurt who he cheated with or about his crush on Sam. He's literally manipulating him by being vague and spouting off "soulmates" nonsense.

I think Blaine is more in love with the idea of being in love than he is with Kurt, and that's what I have a problem with. Kurt deserves better.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone." -Cory Monteith (May 11, 1982- July 13, 2013)
avatar
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1361
Join date : 2013-05-06
Real Name : Gen

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Lottie2303 on 8/27/2013, 5:45 pm

Ranwing wrote:I think it was interesting that so much of Rachel's efforts to "grow up" fell so completely flat because they weren't coming from a place of inner maturity of sense of self. She began dressing differently because she didn't feel that she was fitting in at NYADA and went for a dramatic, OTT style. She got hooked up with a guy who insisted on an open relationship that didn't have lables not because that was what she genuinely wanted, but because that was what she was told mature NYers did (and because she was letting him set the tone of their relationship, she didn't consider that he might have ulterior motives in keeping their relationship non-monogramous). And all of it ended up not working. It felt artificial because it was artificial. Rachel's new clothes, dip-dyed hair that was teased out and heavy makeup was a costume - she was Rachel Berry as Mature NY Theater Student.

It's also telling that once she ditched Brody, her style reverted rather signifigantly back to something that you might expect a slightly older Rachel to be wearing. Something more in line to who she really is as a person.
Love and usually would approve with such posts. However this is Glee and I doubt they really put that thought into it. Brody and her started a open relationship, because they needed an excuse for Rachel to sleep with Finn, without cheating. Rachel got a simpler style because the audience disliked her new look. So, actually I believe they were totally serious with the new style, and were once again flabbergasted when people didn't approve, because they naturally really didn't see Rachel anymore.
avatar
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3191
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : the real Land of Stories

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Glorfindel on 8/27/2013, 5:51 pm

Buenos wrote:I'm genuinely curious about something so I'd like to see where people stand.

I keep on reading how Blaine blamed Kurt for the cheating and didn't apologize the right way.  "What matters is I was lonely, and you weren't there."

While I agree with that , I thought the show clearly spelled out that Kurt wasn't buying any of that.  The fact that he refused to accept Blaine's apology initially, dumped his card,  told Blaine he didn't trust him anymore and told Isabelle that Blaine was a cheater who tried to assuage his guilt basically said in bold letters that Kurt thought Blaine handled his mea culpa very very badly.  The trust was shattered.  I know people  who forgive cheating and people who don't , so I don' think either way it's set in stone.  (thought it truly amuses me that so many Klainers  in RL seem to not have had any experience  relationships or have any inkling how of RL relationship dynamics works)

The dialogue with Isabelle was Kurt coming to the realization that accepting Blaine's apology and moving on was the best thing for him.  Kurt accepting Blaine as as friend again (by I, do) wasn't Kurt necessarily saying he would ever get together with Blaine again.

Agree or disagree, but his dating Adam and not being able to "desperately get over" Blaine showed the quandry Kurt was in.   He had forgiven Blaine (at least enough to sleeping with him in "I, do" ) but his hesitation was in getting back into a relationship with him.  He tried to move on with another guy (Adam) who liked him and was attracted to him and who seemed like a very nice guy.  Yet the writers used Adam as a tool/prop to reinforce Kurt was stuck.

Don't kill me ,but the writers showed that Kurt couldn't get past his feeling for Blaine, even when he consciously wanted to.  (LBR, that drives the Blaine stans bonkers, that Kurt "hesitates" so much per their POV and they will never forgive him for that, ironic no? )  

However per the narrative is, once again whether you like what the writers did is another story, that Kurt does care for Blaine still, has forgiven him, so there isn't really any need for Blaine to apologize more   (IN Thanksgiving Kurt tells Blaine "look you've said your sorry a million times and I believe you")

The issue at this point isn't the cheating, nor is it  the apology either , at least for me.  What I would want to see is why Kurt thinks he can trust Blaine again and what Blaine can show that he won't cheat again.  What has Blaine learned from cheating?  Is he past feeling so needy?

So the problem with the proposal is that there is no immediate steps to reconcile as a couple and have a heart to heart about whether a LDR is feasible.  It's like going from step B to step W.  It doesn't satisfy a good arc for Kurt by any means (for Blaine either for other reasons).
I agree with you for the most part. Kurt was very firm in breaking up with Blaine, although he never stopped caring for him and that troubled and confused him. But Kurt also was adamant (hee, adamant, lol) not to get back together with him, even in the last episode of season 4. To let him jump to "Okay, let's try again" only a few days later in canon is just stupid and bad storytelling.

And yes, the key thing about whether Klaine is ready to get back together again is Blaine having worked on his issues, and that never was shown to us in canon.
But yet: the only thing RIB will have to do is throw in just one line of e.g. Kurt saying to Blaine: "Look, I know you have been in counseling with miss Pilsbury about you abandonment issues, and I know you would not hurt me like that again." and voila: problem is solved.
I don't like it, but that's the way Glee rolls. dryy

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8704
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Lottie2303 on 8/27/2013, 5:54 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
Buenos wrote:I'm genuinely curious about something so I'd like to see where people stand.

I keep on reading how Blaine blamed Kurt for the cheating and didn't apologize the right way.  "What matters is I was lonely, and you weren't there."

While I agree with that , I thought the show clearly spelled out that Kurt wasn't buying any of that.  The fact that he refused to accept Blaine's apology initially, dumped his card,  told Blaine he didn't trust him anymore and told Isabelle that Blaine was a cheater who tried to assuage his guilt basically said in bold letters that Kurt thought Blaine handled his mea culpa very very badly.  The trust was shattered.  I know people  who forgive cheating and people who don't , so I don' think either way it's set in stone.  (thought it truly amuses me that so many Klainers  in RL seem to not have had any experience  relationships or have any inkling how of RL relationship dynamics works)

The dialogue with Isabelle was Kurt coming to the realization that accepting Blaine's apology and moving on was the best thing for him.  Kurt accepting Blaine as as friend again (by I, do) wasn't Kurt necessarily saying he would ever get together with Blaine again.

Agree or disagree, but his dating Adam and not being able to "desperately get over" Blaine showed the quandry Kurt was in.   He had forgiven Blaine (at least enough to sleeping with him in "I, do" ) but his hesitation was in getting back into a relationship with him.  He tried to move on with another guy (Adam) who liked him and was attracted to him and who seemed like a very nice guy.  Yet the writers used Adam as a tool/prop to reinforce Kurt was stuck.

Don't kill me ,but the writers showed that Kurt couldn't get past his feeling for Blaine, even when he consciously wanted to.  (LBR, that drives the Blaine stans bonkers, that Kurt "hesitates" so much per their POV and they will never forgive him for that, ironic no? )  

However per the narrative is, once again whether you like what the writers did is another story, that Kurt does care for Blaine still, has forgiven him, so there isn't really any need for Blaine to apologize more   (IN Thanksgiving Kurt tells Blaine "look you've said your sorry a million times and I believe you")

The issue at this point isn't the cheating, nor is it  the apology either , at least for me.  What I would want to see is why Kurt thinks he can trust Blaine again and what Blaine can show that he won't cheat again.  What has Blaine learned from cheating?  Is he past feeling so needy?

So the problem with the proposal is that there is no immediate steps to reconcile as a couple and have a heart to heart about whether a LDR is feasible.  It's like going from step B to step W.  It doesn't satisfy a good arc for Kurt by any means (for Blaine either for other reasons).
The bolded right there is the main issue I have with this. Yes, Blaine has said he's sorry, but what has he done to show he actually means it? What has he done to show that he can be trusted and that he knows how to be faithful and that it really was just a fluke? He didn't respect Kurt's wish for space after the break-up(and I still somewhat shipped them at this time), he ran around in superhero costumes, was made to believe that what he did was totally okay and Kurt's an idiot for not taking him back, invaded Kurt's space again by coming with Burt to NY (and I side-eyed Burt in this scenario too because telling your son's ex first? Not cool, dude.) Then he had a crush on Sam, which okay that's cool because he needed to move on but then not 3 episodes later, he told Kurt that they were going to be together no matter what which is a little possessive and creepy, and then once Kurt went back to NY, he sang a love song to another guy, flirted with another guy at the gym, and then expected Kurt to automatically take him back with a proposal.

Basically, the vibe I got was that he's very flakey, and he only seems to "love" Kurt when they're in the same city, but then once Kurt leaves, he moves on to the next guy. He has literally done absolutely nothing to prove that he's trustworthy, in fact quite the opposite. If anything, these events prove that he isn't trustworthy because
1) he only cares about Kurt when it benefits him
2) he never actually told Kurt who he cheated with or about his crush on Sam. He's literally manipulating him by being vague and spouting off "soulmates" nonsense.

I think Blaine is more in love with the idea of being in love than he is with Kurt, and that's what I have a problem with. Kurt deserves better.
Yup, totally agreed.

I totally agree with "Blaine is in love with the idea of love". That sums up the problem entirely. It makes me sick how anyone plus their dead grandparents just expects Kurt to forgive Blaine. It really bothers me how Kurt seems to get punished and ridiculed to not forgive his cheating boyfriend.
avatar
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3191
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : the real Land of Stories

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Ranwing on 8/27/2013, 5:58 pm

 Considering that Blaines rational for wanting to propose to Kurt was based in the idea that gay marriage was finally getting legalized and he was going to exercise his rights! Not that he loved Kurt and couldn't imagine life without him. No, he had these new rights and he was going to put them to use!

Yeah... the epic love story. I totally see it. vexe
avatar
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3529
Join date : 2012-07-18
Location : Levittown, NY
Real Name : Wendy

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Buenos on 8/27/2013, 6:18 pm

I don't actually have a problem with Kurt forgiving Blaine, we ALL have to do that in Real life even if we want to move on, it's getting back together without some sort of acknowledgement that their relationship has to be different than it was before that will stick in my craw.

In a weird way, because the show made Blaine not justified in cheating (Let's face it, having Kurt call him and saying they were going to get together within 2 weeks and after THAT, to have Blaine that very same day cheat with the Facebook guy really threw Blaine under the bus) it makes a reconciliation harder to take. Razz 

I had no problems with the Makeover episode showing Kurt being very busy at work and neglecting Blaine because of work. (Kurt was understandably wrapped up in his new adult Vogue world) But "The Breakup" was weird because it backpedaled on Kurt's neglect by setting up their reunion.
It would have made sense to me back in TBU for Kurt to have called Blaine to call and cancel their meeting in two weeks because he was too busy. Sure, it still wouldn't have justified Blaine's cheating but at least it would have explained Blaine's growing insecurity. The way they did , Kurt telling him they were going to see each other soon pushed Blaine to cheating...coool 

Well maybe it's best they didn't throw Kurt under the bus because they woudln't have given him screen time regardless.

However Glee is Glee and can't follow a narrative coherent SL to save their lives.

avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6328
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Glorfindel on 8/27/2013, 6:26 pm

What bothers me the most about the Klaine storyline I think is that all the other characters are either blowing smoke up Blaine's ass, blaming Kurt for not taking him back sooner, or pushing Kurt to take Blaine back. Or for some, like Tina, it's all of the above. dryy  They are leaving him practically no room to say no.

The narrative keeps pounding on the idea that Blaine is a catch and Kurt is only in denial for not taking him back. And I absolutely hate it! :angry: 
Kurt isn't even allowed to have his own feelings respected, and with Burt kissing Blaine's ass too, several times now, it seems that noone is in his corner anymore. Everyone knows better how Kurt feels than Kurt himself, and it's disgusting.

Really, we wonder why noone in that writer's room even sees how unhealthy and creepy this storyline is, but it's not just the way they write Blaine that is unhealthy. It's the writers themselves who keep silencing Kurt and dismissing his feelings, making him a simple pawn who has to obey to what his alpha male bf decided for him. And Burt practically trades him for a few camels and a goat. Daddy knows what's best for his little girl, pardon: little boy.
They're basically saying that if a guy pushes hard enough the 'girl' will give in. It's not uncommon for Hollywood, but it's so, so wrong. Evil or Very Mad 


And when the writers will make Kurt take Blaine back while expressing those same overexposed/pushy arguments of all the other characters (really, be more obvious, RIB), maybe even with him squeeing of delight over all the 'surprises' (ring, serenade), instead of seeing through the charade, I might puke my guts out. vomit2


Last edited by Glorfindel on 8/27/2013, 6:43 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : A coat is not a goat, duh.)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8704
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 8/27/2013, 6:37 pm

Glorfindel wrote:What bothers me the most about the Klaine storyline I think is that all the other characters are either blowing smoke up Blaine's ass, blaming Kurt for not taking him back sooner, or pushing Kurt to take Blaine back. Or for some, like Tina, it's all of the above. dryyThey are leaving him practically no room to say no.

The narrative keeps pounding on the idea that Blaine is a catch and Kurt is only in denial for not taking him back. And I absolutely hate it! :angry: 
Kurt isn't even allowed to have is own feelings respected, and with Burt kissing Blaine's ass too, several times now, it seems that noone is in his corner anymore. Everyone knows better how Kurt feels than Kurt himself, and it's disgusting.

Really, we wonder why noone in that writer's room even sees how unhealthy and creepy this storyline is, but it's not just the way they write Blaine that is unhealthy. It's the writers themselves who keep silencing Kurt and dismissing his feelings, making him a simple pawn who has to obey to what his alpha male bf decided for him. And Burt practically trades him for a few camels and a coat. Daddy knows what's best for his little girl, pardon: little boy.
They're basically saying that if a guy pushes hard enough the 'girl' will give in. It's not uncommon for Hollywood, but it's so, so wrong. Evil or Very Mad 


And when the writers will make Kurt take Blaine back while expressing those same overexposed/pushy arguments of all the other characters (really, be more obvious, RIB), maybe even with him squeeing of delight over all the 'surprises' (ring, serenade), instead of seeing through the charade, I might puke my guts out. vomit2

Great post. This is  why I am not happy that Kurt is most like be engaged to Blaine if not married. Everyone,  especially Burt should be on Kurt's side. Not Blaine's. :angry: Twisted Evil

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
avatar
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Buenos on 8/27/2013, 6:43 pm

Let's wait and see because I can't see Burt agreeing to a Proposal of marriage.

I think Kurt will turn down any proposal per the narrative in Ep 1 but will still reconcile with Blaine.
All this speculation is sooo exhausting. Razz 
avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6328
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Glorfindel on 8/27/2013, 6:58 pm

Buenos wrote:Let's wait and see because I can't see Burt agreeing to a Proposal of marriage.
Spoiler:
He will still bring Kurt to Dalton for the 4 choirs serenade.
I think that Burt got already halfway ruined at Christmas, and then in the spring encouraging Blaine to not give up (even though being against an early marriage) was the final nail in Burt's coffin for me.

Unless Burt knows nothing about the cheating, but even then: he should have talked to Kurt first before bringing Blaine into Kurt's home at X-mas, and he should not have made reassurances and promises to Blaine about his son's feelings when Blaine gave him the rainbow pin.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8704
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Buenos on 8/27/2013, 7:05 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Buenos wrote:Let's wait and see because I can't see Burt agreeing to a Proposal of marriage.
Spoiler:
He will still bring Kurt to Dalton for the 4 choirs serenade.
I think that Burt got already halfway ruined at Christmas, and then in the spring encouraging Blaine to not give up (even though being against an early marriage) was the final nail in Burt's coffin for me.

Unless Burt knows nothing about the cheating, but even then: he should have talked to Kurt first before bringing Blaine into Kurt's home at X-mas, and he should not have made reassurances and promises to Blaine about his son's feelings when Blaine gave him the rainbow pin.
Well I give Burt a pass in that the cancer diagnosis threw him for a loop (Yup my Burt stan goggles are tightly on).  Razz 

What I think Burt wanted to convey to Blaine is that if two people love each other they will find a way.   I don't think Burt thought that Rachel and Finn didn't think they were in love, just that they were not ready for marriage.  Ditto Kurt and Blaine.

Kurt is such a strong character I'm confident whatever decision he makes is because the character decides it on his own, I can't see Kurt being forced to do anything he doesn't want to do. How plausible that reconciliation is made is another story.

However, let's face it, NO relationship on Glee is ever healthy for long.
avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6328
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Glorfindel on 8/27/2013, 7:13 pm

^I never had Burt goggles on, so maybe that's why I'm easy in condemning him.
Burt already went wrong in the WSS debacle, and even before that when he and Carole forced Finn to share a room with Kurt without consulting him.

Buenos wrote:Kurt is such a strong character I'm confident whatever decision he makes is because the character decides it on his own, I can't see Kurt being forced to do anything he doesn't want to do.  How plausible that reconciliation is made is another story.
At this point I don't think Kurt is making those decisions anymore, but RIB is. Meaning that they abandoned Kurt's characterisation quite a few times already to repair this stupid storyline of Blaine cheating.
Therefore I don't think they will really consider how Kurt might react to Blaine's proposal if he actually was allowed to act/be Kurt.

I think Kurt will be reduced to a typical Blaine fangirl, just like Tina. Maybe they'll allow him 1 or 2 critical remarks about the cheating before the dust settles over Klaine, but that's about it, I'm afraid.

Nope, not expecting anything from this show anymore.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8704
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Buenos on 8/27/2013, 7:23 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Nope, not expecting anything from this show anymore.
Except Marie, that Kurt is usually portrayed as the strong character.  TBH, he's probably the strongest character on the show, as far as knowing who he is and being confident about himself.  
Compared to him, Rachel comes off as insecure and unsure of herself, let alone Blaine and others.

Whether he's in a relationship with Blaine or not, that always comes through about his character.  Even his hesitancy so far in going back to Blaine hasn't ruined him Yet.

I've actually LIKED how Chris has acted out Kurt's journey.  Kurt's SL as far as the cheating in S4 wasn't bad, as far as his POV, (he was hurt, angry, anguished, forgiving, hesitant, etc, the whole gamut of emotions) the problem was there wasn't enough of it.
avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6328
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Glorfindel on 8/27/2013, 7:45 pm

Buenos wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Nope, not expecting anything from this show anymore.
Except Marie, that Kurt is usually portrayed as the strong character.  TBH, he's probably the strongest character on the show, as far as knowing who he is and being confident about himself.  
Compared to him, Rachel comes off as insecure and unsure of herself, let alone Blaine and others.

Whether he's in a relationship with Blaine or not, that always comes through about his character.  Even his hesitancy so far in going back to Blaine hasn't ruined him Yet.

I've actually LIKED how Chris has acted out Kurt's journey.  Kurt's SL as far as the cheating in S4 wasn't bad, as far as his POV, (he was hurt, angry, anguished, forgiving, hesitant, etc, the whole gamut of emotions)  the problem was there wasn't enough of it.
I agree that Kurt is a strong character, and I think Chris' acting saved a lot of the character Kurt in season 4.
But all it takes is for the writers to wipe all that out if they want to. There's only so much Chris can do with his acting when the writing is crap.

A good example might be (and something that has always grated with me) the way Kurt complimented Blaine when Cooper was around, when they were about to sing the Duran Duran song. Something like "Blaine, you have to: you're both so handsome and good.". I mean.....vomit2
What if they write him like that from now on?

These are the writers that made Sam forget he pined for Mercedes for a season long and made him say he wanted to date Brittany instead.
I also remember how Finn and Rachel were written in season 3, with Rachel OOC willing to give up everything for Finn. And then in season 4 she thanked him for beating up Brody!

These writers are horrible when it comes to characterisation. It's mostly Chris and the other good actors who manage to keep their characters together, for the most part.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8704
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum