Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

+32
Piciollina
Porcelainbyfire
Catt24
Vir Cotto
ColferGirl
Ireth
dap1217
Georgette888
MissSoniaPP
bayth
coxfire
tanita_mors
glimmerle
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
ChrisColferFan1
TimF
ColferInspired
sheny
fantastica
Divalicious
Delight
Glorfindel
ladydianab
valkeakuulas
Buenos
arina
brisallie
AnneNeville
MoviesAreLife
ColdFlame96
Lottie2303
36 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3 - Page 34 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Georgette888 8/22/2013, 6:48 pm

I think a lot of the problems about chemistry are purely the writers /FOX turning the heat WAY down to barely flickering cos of 'The Gay'. I say this because I think Darren is limited as an actor but playing in love and sex is one of his better things. And Chris... woah at the heat he brought to the kiss on the stage in TBU and to the scene at prom and so on. So if they let them actually turn up the heat I don't think that would be a real problem. There are other more major problems though. lol

Last edited by Georgette888 on 8/22/2013, 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3 - Page 34 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Buenos 8/22/2013, 6:49 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote: They have better chemistry when they're friends than they do when they're a couple.
The one time that the show got it right was when Blaine is telling Kurt in "I,DO" all the usual soul mate BS that they are going to end up together, etc. and Kurt gives him THAT look, as in " whatever, we just had good a f*** in the sack, didn't we?" and leaves him there.

Now that is good acting.

Of course the writers ruined it with the movie date with Tina the next date. Once again..f**** writers.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 8/22/2013, 6:55 pm

I think it's interesting reading everyone's opinions. No matter what, I still see some kind of chemistry in Klaine, whether they're friends or boyfriends.

Georgette888 wrote:Yeah, actually one of the few times I was more like, "Wow. I could get behind this more if they write them like this was at the start of TFT. The scene where Kurt looks sexually frustrated and then the teasing, flirty "Because of the layers?" and kiss seemed intimate and like they were actually bfs and cute...
I would of loved to see more onscreen stuff like that. I've read some fanfics and...let's just say that Klainers get very "creative" when writing about Kurt and Blaine when they're alone. fanny2 
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/22/2013, 6:58 pm

Buenos wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote: They have better chemistry when they're friends than they do when they're a couple.
The one time that the show got it right was when Blaine is telling Kurt in "I,DO" all the usual soul mate BS that they are going to end up together, etc.   and Kurt gives him THAT look, as in " whatever, we just had good a  f*** in the sack, didn't we?" and leaves him there.

Now that is good acting.

Of course the writers ruined it with the movie date with Tina the next date.  Once again..f**** writers.
Okay, I'm not gonna lie. I thought that scene was pretty hot. Like, I was fanning myself because Chris was just...DAMN! And Darren has got a really nice back. Honestly, I actually really liked that episode. It made no sense in the narrative, but as an episode on its own? Perfect. No drama, just a bunch of adults hooking up and having fun.

I think the movie date was supposed to give the impression that Kurt's in denial about his feelings, but I was too distracted by his ugly ass sweater to notice or care.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/22/2013, 7:01 pm

Kurt Hummel wrote:I think it's interesting reading everyone's opinions. No matter what, I still see some kind of chemistry in Klaine, whether they're friends or boyfriends.

Georgette888 wrote:Yeah, actually one of the few times I was more like, "Wow. I could get behind this more if they write them like this was at the start of TFT. The scene where Kurt looks sexually frustrated and then the teasing, flirty "Because of the layers?" and kiss seemed intimate and like they were actually bfs and cute...
I would of loved to see more onscreen stuff like that. I've read some fanfics and...let's just say that Klainers get very "creative" when writing about Kurt and Blaine when they're alone. fanny2 
That they do. Back in the olden days when I was a hard-core Klainer, I read this really good fic called Klaine: The Extended Edition and it filled in a lot of missing couple moments for season 2 and 3. It's really well-written and it sort of fixes the plot holes in the show too. The writer slightly prefers Kurt I think, but she gives them equal agency and time in each chapter. If you wanted to check it out, you should. It starts at NBK and continues all the way through I Do I believe. I stopped reading it a while ago because of reasons, but it's really good.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/22/2013, 7:02 pm

Kurt Hummel wrote:I think it's interesting reading everyone's opinions. No matter what, I still see some kind of chemistry in Klaine, whether they're friends or boyfriends.

Oh Yeah, it's totally subjective , such as with Finchel.

Take Sebastian, i thought he showed a lot more chemistry with Kurt, even if it was snarky enemy type, than he ever did with Blaine. Part of it was the script because Blaine had to basically play awkward "deer in the headlights" with a sexually predator guy, and show his discomfort, but some fans think their chemistry was off the roof.

Ditto Kurt and Adam. I thought it was OK, but I didn't think it was a scorch the earth type of chemistry, but once again, the script didn't allow them. They weren't even allowed a kiss...LOL.

I always thought if they were going to have Blaine cheat they might as well have had him do it with Sebastian, now that would have been interesting. I think that would have broke the back of alot of Klainers. Razz 

Or maybe not.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/22/2013, 7:04 pm

Buenos wrote:

Take Sebastian, i thought he showed a lot more chemistry with Kurt, even if it was snarky enemy type, than he ever did with Blaine.   Part of it was the script because Blaine had to basically play awkward  "deer in the headlights" with a sexually predator guy, and show his discomfort, but  some fans think their chemistry was off the roof.

Ditto Kurt and Adam.  I thought it was OK, but I didn't think it was a scorch the earth type of chemistry, but once again, the script didn't allow them.  They weren't even allowed a kiss...LOL.

I always thought if they were going to have Blaine cheat they might as well have had him do it with Sebastian, now that would have been interesting.   I think that would have broke the back of alot of Klainers.  Razz 

Or maybe not.

Buenos, don't even get me started on Kurtbastian and the lost potential there, okay? I could rant for hours. Smile 
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 8/22/2013, 7:07 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
That they do. Back in the olden days when I was a hard-core Klainer, I read this really good fic called Klaine: The Extended Edition and it filled in a lot of missing couple moments for season 2 and 3. It's really well-written and it sort of fixes the plot holes in the show too. The writer slightly prefers Kurt I think, but she gives them equal agency and time in each chapter. If you wanted to check it out, you should. It starts at NBK and continues all the way through I Do I believe. I stopped reading it a while ago because of reasons, but it's really good.
I usually just small one shot stories but that sounds interesting. I may check it out.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/22/2013, 7:09 pm

Kurt Hummel wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
I usually just small one shot stories but that sounds interesting. I may check it out.
With Klaine, I always preferred long chapter stories. One-shots were never enough to satisfy my thirst. Though if you'd like a one-shot, I would suggest All The Good Ones. It's a cute story about how Rachel develops a crush on Kurt and Blaine gets jealous. The cute kind of jealous, not the possessive douchemagnet kind. tonguue
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/22/2013, 7:13 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
Buenos wrote:

Take Sebastian, i thought he showed a lot more chemistry with Kurt, even if it was snarky enemy type, than he ever did with Blaine.   Part of it was the script because Blaine had to basically play awkward  "deer in the headlights" with a sexually predator guy, and show his discomfort, but  some fans think their chemistry was off the roof.

Ditto Kurt and Adam.  I thought it was OK, but I didn't think it was a scorch the earth type of chemistry, but once again, the script didn't allow them.  They weren't even allowed a kiss...LOL.

I always thought if they were going to have Blaine cheat they might as well have had him do it with Sebastian, now that would have been interesting.   I think that would have broke the back of alot of Klainers.  Razz 

Or maybe not.

Buenos, don't even get me started on Kurtbastian and the lost potential there, okay? I could rant for hours. Smile 
LOL..let me get you started.

Seblaine shippers always claim that there is no way that Kurt and Sebastian would ever get together or be attracted to each other.

Yet their exchanges had an energy to them, and I could easily see the old rom/com trope of opposites attracting each other. It's still implausible somewhat, but not to the extent of the Seblainers claiming Blaine would want to be with someone who nearly blinded him, and actually worse, wanted to physically hurt the boy he loved (Kurt). Talk about stretchering things. So when they all claim Kurtbastian is such a fantasy, it really is the pot calling the kettle black.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 8/22/2013, 7:15 pm

Buenos wrote:
I admit, I did like the chemistry between Kurt and Sebastian mostly because of their snarky comments at each other. But I could never really picture them a couple because of the way they acted around each other.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 8/22/2013, 7:18 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
Kurt Hummel wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
With Klaine, I always preferred long chapter stories. One-shots were never enough to satisfy my thirst. Though if you'd like a one-shot, I would suggest All The Good Ones. It's a cute story about how Rachel develops a crush on Kurt and Blaine gets jealous. The cute kind of jealous, not the possessive douchemagnet kind. tonguue
Thanks neutre I'll have to that read too.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/22/2013, 7:25 pm

Kurt Hummel wrote:
Buenos wrote:
I admit, I did like the chemistry between Kurt and Sebastian mostly because of their snarky comments at each other. But I could never really picture them a couple because of the way they acted around each other.
I like them together because they challenge each other. Sebastian brought back the fiercer sassier side of Kurt that we hadnt seen since season 1. Although through season 2 and 3, Kurt was always being the good person taking the high road and Sebastian just brought that old spark back. And honesty, I saw something almost flirty in their exchanges, and I think they'd just be really hot together. tonguue 

As for Seblaine, they were about as interesting as watching grass grow. It just felt way too forced, and I just wasn't buying that Sebastian was attracted to Blaine.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 8/22/2013, 7:33 pm

I'll always remember that first Lima Bean scene of Blaine and Sebastian where I was practically snoozing it was so dull and then Kurt came in and it was like electric sparks in comparison. Chris took that scene by the scruff of the neck and OWNED it. lol
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/22/2013, 7:36 pm

Georgette888 wrote:I'll always remember that first Lima Bean scene of Blaine and Sebastian  where I was practically snoozing it was so dull and then Kurt came in and it was like electric sparks in comparison. Chris took that scene by the scruff of the neck and OWNED it. lol
All the Kurt/Sebastian exchanges were priceless.

"Fun, I don't like you too"
"You smell like Craig's List".

The funny thing was that Sebastian was suppose to be the "straight" gay but him and Kurt basically had bitch fights when they sparred.  It was so funny.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/22/2013, 7:43 pm

It's sort of why I want more people in NY, especially Santana and others. Let others be Rachel's rock and support more.

I want the Kurt who tells Rachel with a straight face "how I missed your insanity", which is why I loved them sparring again in "DIVA" . Kurt and Rachel work best when he's snarking her Rachel quirks.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/22/2013, 7:48 pm

Buenos wrote:It's sort of why I want more people in NY, especially Santana and others.  Let others be Rachel's rock and support more.

I want the Kurt who tells Rachel with a straight face "how I missed your insanity", which is why I loved them sparring again in "DIVA" .  Kurt and Rachel work best when he's snarking her Rachel quirks.
That's why I kind of like the Kurtana dynamic. She kind of brings out the snarked side of him as well.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/22/2013, 7:49 pm

Buenos wrote:
Georgette888 wrote:I'll always remember that first Lima Bean scene of Blaine and Sebastian  where I was practically snoozing it was so dull and then Kurt came in and it was like electric sparks in comparison. Chris took that scene by the scruff of the neck and OWNED it. lol
All the Kurt/Sebastian exchanges were priceless.

"Fun, I don't like you too"
"You smell like Craig's List".

The funny thing was that Sebastian was suppose to be the  "straight" gay  but him and Kurt basically had bitch fights when they sparred.  It was so funny.
Or how about "you give a bad name to the gay community."
"And you give the gay community cutting edge fashion that would normally only be seen on Puerto Rican pride floats."

Man, the sex must be great.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/22/2013, 7:57 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
"And you give the gay community cutting edge fashion that would normally only be seen on Puerto Rican pride floats."

LOL

I'll always have a soft spot for their initial exchange when Sebastian is talking about finding the man of his dreams in Scandals, and Kurt's dripping acid in sugar response is "That' so sweet and are you two still together"?Razz 

Kurt and Sebastian sized each other up immediately. The hilarious thing was neither one of them really told Blaine about their rivalry, it's like they both took him out of the equation and figured they could battle it out between themselves. Priceless.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/22/2013, 8:10 pm

Buenos wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:

LOL

I'll always  have a soft spot for their initial exchange when Sebastian is talking about finding the man of his dreams in Scandals, and Kurt's dripping acid in sugar response is "That' so sweet and are you two still together"?Razz 

Kurt and Sebastian sized each other up immediately.  The hilarious thing was  neither one of them really told Blaine about their rivalry, it's like they both took him out of the equation and figured they could battle it out between themselves.  Priceless.
Oh yes. Kurt had his bitch face on! I hope that they atleast get some kind of interaction in the premiere. Chris and Grant work really well together, and I don't want Seb to be just another plot decide for the stupid proposal.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 8/22/2013, 8:17 pm

Razz I loved all those lines between Kurt and Sebastian.

I do feel like Seblaine was kind of forced and while they might of had some chemistry, I couldn't see them as a couple.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/22/2013, 8:27 pm

Another character I would love to see Kurt have more exchanges/banter with is Artie. He seems like a character who can dish it out as well as take it.

He doesn't seem as bitchy as Santana nor as driven as Rachel but he can have good observations about things. Kevin isn't the greatest actor but I think he's good enough that I'm intrigued about a Kurt/Artie friendship.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/22/2013, 8:32 pm

Buenos wrote:
Another character I would love to see Kurt have more exchanges/banter with is Artie.  He seems like a character who can dish it out as well as take it.

He doesn't seem as bitchy as Santana nor as driven as Rachel but he can have good observations about things.  Kevin isn't the greatest actor but I think he's good enough that I'm intrigued about a Kurt/Artie friendship.
I actually think Kevin is one of the stronger actors on the show. He's great with the comedy, and his dramatic acting has definitely improved these past 2 seasons. (Not that he's had much to work with, but lets not get into that.dryy )

Kurt, Artie, Tina, and Mercedes actually had a cute friendship in the 1st season. It was a very quiet friendship, so they you mostly noticed it through background moments. I'm still waiting for my Kartie duet, dammit!
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/22/2013, 8:33 pm

Buenos wrote:
Another character I would love to see Kurt have more exchanges/banter with is Artie.  He seems like a character who can dish it out as well as take it.

He doesn't seem as bitchy as Santana nor as driven as Rachel but he can have good observations about things.  Kevin isn't the greatest actor but I think he's good enough that I'm intrigued about a Kurt/Artie friendship.
Another character I would have loved to see a friendship develop was Quinn. She's bitchy and driven, but not in the same way. Her bitchiness is more like Kurt's. It's mainly just an icy-cold defense mechanism so that people can't see how vulnerable she feels.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/22/2013, 8:36 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
Buenos wrote:

Another character I would have loved to see a friendship develop was Quinn. She's bitchy and driven, but not in the same way. Her bitchiness is more like Kurt's. It's mainly just an icy-cold defense mechanism so that people can't see how vulnerable she feels.
Oooooh...I never thought about that but yeah.

Though I've always have a soft spot for Kurtcedes.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next