Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

+32
Piciollina
Porcelainbyfire
Catt24
Vir Cotto
ColferGirl
Ireth
dap1217
Georgette888
MissSoniaPP
bayth
coxfire
tanita_mors
glimmerle
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
ChrisColferFan1
TimF
ColferInspired
sheny
fantastica
Divalicious
Delight
Glorfindel
ladydianab
valkeakuulas
Buenos
arina
brisallie
AnneNeville
MoviesAreLife
ColdFlame96
Lottie2303
36 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3 - Page 4 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  Lottie2303 6/4/2013, 10:47 am

I didn't know that about Naya. As I said, I get the impression she wants to be star but she is very talented. So I don't mind her getting spotlight as I receive in return a great performance. There are much more "actors/singers" in HW who are famous with zero talent. Those annoy me.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3 - Page 4 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/4/2013, 11:22 am

ladydianab wrote:Hopefully with his second book they can start to drop the "from Glee" statement with every article or interview. I was watching old you tube videos from early Glee days. I was bored and there was nothing on TV. Anyway, at that time Chris was so young and innocent and relatable because he was "one of us". My how the last few years have changed this boy into a handsome confident and not so innocent ( not that he really was innocent he just looked innocent and wide eyed) man! And now, he really isn't one of us anymore which makes me feel a little sad but I don't think he will succumb to the the fate of some other young stars.

To be fair, I don't think anyone on this board is so innocent either! Wink And he may have looked like a child at the age of 18 and 19, but clearly his mind wasn't that of a child if he could think up something like SBL at the age of 15 or 16. I still think he is "one of us" with his dorky sense of humor and in the fact that he doesn't take himself too seriously. He's very down to earth, despite everything that's happened since 2009.

Changing gears, someone mentioned that they were afraid that all Chris would be known for is Glee? As Anne said, the fact that Chris is so ambitious and capable of creating his own stuff is a good sign for him. He is the one working the hardest to distance himself from Glee and I think that will serve him well in the future.

I also recall someone mentioning JGL seeing himself as an "asshole" as a teen. I have no idea if he was into trouble as a teen, but I do know it took him a lot of hard work and time to break out from the kiddie star image. Maybe he was privately very disgruntled about how cynical people were toward him just because of his past as a kid star on TV. But good for him for coming to his senses and getting out of that negative mindset with hard work and great film roles. So many child stars get stuck with bitterness and cannot move on from it.

Last edited by MoviesAreLife on 6/4/2013, 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/4/2013, 11:31 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Anna Chlumsky is also a great example who just disappeared and suddenly returned to the small screen being very active.

I recently saw her on Law and Order: SVU as a "50 Shades of Grey" type of writer who gets attacked. Anyway, I knew who it was instantly. She looks exactly the same. Razz

As for Lea, Jenna and Naya, I think their experiences are very different, but also very much the same. I mean, Lea and Jenna grew up in the theater world (which is just as cutthroat as HW) and Naya grew up in the film/TV world. Lea made her own decision at the age of 8...I'm not sure about Jenna. Naya has been on TV since babyhood. Jenna and Naya have been pretty low profile before Glee came along, and Lea became somewhat of a child star on Broadway with Les Miz, Ragtime and Spring Awakening (as a teen). It's all very different.

I'm guessing now that it's Naya's decision to stick with it and I think she's willing to do whatever it takes to become a star. It's nice to see talented people instead of those with zero talent, as Lottie said.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 6/4/2013, 12:18 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Glee is a blessing and a curse. Once the show is over, we will find out for good if Chris can remain relevant. Even though we never know, he might disappear for a while and return with a vengeance.

One thing I am convinced about that Chris will be successful no matter what field he chooses. Let it be acting, behind the scenes, writing, Collegeā€¦ He will have a very fulfilled life and totally believe he will be very happy. Personally, I hope a private channel will hire him and he will be part of the future Breaking Bad/Dexter/Broadwalk Empire/etc.

It's such a dilemma, isn't it? On one hand, Glee is a sinking ship that's best abandoned before all the good buzz that Chris managed to generate through the show gets wiped out by the ongoing mishandling of Kurt Hummel. On the other hand, once Glee ends, I doubt Chris would get much media interest outside of the times when he releases a new book, or produces a new movie (and each project like that would require at least a year or more to complete and get released).

I'm really hoping that, after Glee, Chris gets a prominent role in another successful TV series, or get more noticed in some big budget Hollywood movie (which would open more doors to him in terms of movie offers). I just want to witness more of his acting, to see him take on different roles; before he decides to pursue work behind the scenes or on the other side of the camera.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/4/2013, 12:52 pm

Delight wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:Personally, I hope a private channel will hire him and he will be part of the future Breaking Bad/Dexter/Broadwalk Empire/etc.

I'm really hoping that, after Glee, Chris gets a prominent role in another successful TV series, or get more noticed in some big budget Hollywood movie (which would open more doors to him in terms of movie offers). I just want to witness more of his acting, to see him take on different roles; before he decides to pursue work behind the scenes or on the other side of the camera.

These are all the best possible examples of what can happen with his career post Glee. I love that he has a love for BTS work like writing, possibly directing and set design...but I'd hate to see him give up acting and performing. But knowing that he loves acting and performing just as much as writing (it's all of part of the storytelling he fell in love with as a child) I doubt he will give up that side easily.

Perhaps he will go the movie route and someone will give him a chance with a good, solid film. Shailene Woodley was known only for The Secret Life of the American Teenager crap, and then when she got cast in The Descendants opposite George Clooney, people were shocked she could actually act. She even got slight Oscar buzz. The film itself was nominated for several Oscars for acting, directing, ect. I believe it won a writing award.

Or he can go the TV route and get cast in a mature, gritty and edgy TV series, like Six Feet Under. Very well made show, that one. Very quirky and unafraid to take risks, such as killing off the main character.

And then there is always Broadway.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/4/2013, 1:06 pm

I see Chris more as a TV actor. Nowadays there are such great television projects out there, which can really push an actor and showcase their talents. All we need is one interested producer/director and considering he is really well liked in the industry, I don't think it is that impossible. Television seems more daring to cast unconventional actors, as they really need to find the right fit for the long run, and therefore have to be more careful with casting. Chris is talented, therefore that wonā€™t be problem of convincing people. I also believe Chris might be interested in something more grown up so I hold my breath for my absolute dream for him to be in the next Games of Thrones/Breaking Bad/Homeland show.

However, I see HW with the movie industry still as too homophobic and intolerant. They'd never believe, despite all the evidence of the opposite, that Chris could actually sell a movie and have a female fanbase. They'd only hire him as the gay actor. That is a sad but very true fact.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/4/2013, 1:17 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I see Chris more as a TV actor. Nowadays there are such great television projects out there, which can really push an actor and showcase their talents. All we need is one interested producer/director and considering he is really well liked in the industry, I don't think it is that impossible. Television seems more daring to cast unconventional actors, as they really need to find the right fit for the long run, and therefore have to be more careful with casting. Chris is talented, therefore that won’t be problem of convincing people. I also believe Chris might be interested in something more grown up so I hold my breath for my absolute dream for him to be in the next Games of Thrones/Breaking Bad/Homeland show.

However, I see HW with the movie industry still as too homophobic and intolerant. They'd never believe, despite all the evidence of the opposite, that Chris could actually sell a movie and have a female fanbase. They'd only hire him as the gay actor. That is a sad but very true fact.

Well, Chris will just have to prove them wrong, won't he? tonguue

But really, I get what you're saying. There are directors and film projects out there that are edgy and that are willing to take huge risks. Underneath the Transformer 239353693's and Texas Chainsaw 90896's and that never ending Valentine's Day/Scary Movie/New Years Eve crap...not to mention all the rom-coms...there ARE films out there worth a second look. You just have to dig deep through the crap to find the diamonds. Chris is very careful about his selections, or at least, seems like he would be. I can see him building up a nice career for himself in film...perhaps not becoming a "movie star" but becoming known as a talented character actor.

And yes, there are TV gems like Breaking Bad. One of my film teachers LOVES this series. He too, notices the fact that TV has gotten edgier than Hollywood recently. But not all hope is lost.

And like I said, there is the stage route. Chris loves musicals and grew up the male Rachel Berry of his hometown.

There are so many options.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/4/2013, 1:42 pm

Hollywood is still very conservative in so many ways but the point is that Chris is part of a much younger generation of viewers that may not have the same preconceptions. While the number of "out" actors is still a relative trickle, all it takes is the one box office smash with an out gay actor in a romantic lead role to make Hollywood think " Ok, maybe it isn't such a huge deal". You just don't know until it actually happens or people are given the opportunity.

There are rumors about so many "hot" seemingly straight Hollywood male stars or rising stars that it seems silly to think that if they can portray a straight romantic lead now, it would change so much if the public knew they were gay. The line has always been that the GA's perception of a gay actor is the issue, right or wrong, that's not going to change unless someone takes a chance on an actor. Take Matt Bomer, if they gave him a rom/com (and he screams a rom/com type of actor) IMO if the movie is good I doubt the female audience would reject him because he's gay in real life.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/4/2013, 1:51 pm

Chris already has proven he has a massive, female fanbase. HW is very good in ignoring very obvious statements, when it doesnā€™t fit their agenda.

Oh, I agree there are actually great movies out there. The best actors are those being able to mingle indie movies and bigger productions. But nowadays so many movies are just so boring, conventional and one-dimensional. So many reboots, remakes, sequels, prequels and absolutely zero creativity. I am convinced great, new scripts exist but the movie industry is too terrified to actually finance, produce and release them.

A great script, character and team gives an actor so many possibilities for the long run in a television show. There is a reason quite a few very famous names start to look at television, because the real creativity, dare and willingness to do something new is established in this industry.

Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 6/4/2013, 4:37 pm

I would like Chris to undertake a television project for the totally selfish reason of more time I can see him. Movies, usually only 90-120 minutes, and even then, he won't be there the entire time. Unless you are on Glee, being on a television series should garner you a bit more than that. Plus, you get to evolve a character. In movies, unless it is a series of some sort, it is kind of a one shot deal, and you have to say "goodbye" to that character.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/4/2013, 5:08 pm

I'm terribly selfish, but I want Glee to go on for a few more years, if only for the few times we'll get to hear Chris sing. I doubt if we will hear more of his singing after Glee. :(

But if Glee will decline even further in quality (although I think they are almost hit rock bottom in season 4) I want Chris away from it, so it won't damage his career and he will then be free to do other projects.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/4/2013, 6:01 pm

I'm sure Chris will sing again, Marie. Smile With a voice like that? There is no way he's going to silence it. He may not care for just singing for the sake of singing (recording artist), but he is a musical theater geek and he grew up performing musicals and community theater productions through his entire childhood and adolescence. I also want Glee to continue for the sake of showing off Chris' singing voice and for that delightful character of his. (Despite how much I bitch about the show...) It also affords him a nice paycheck and the means to do his other projects.

Is being the romantic leading man really the goal anyway? Chris said himself that that wasn't his goal and that he finds that cardboard type of character and storyline to be boring. (PREACH!) He wants to do interesting things, which is why he strikes me as a character actor type rather than a "movie star". I, too, am sick of the lack of creativity and guts in Hollywood...it takes a director with nerve to take on a project/script that might be very polarizing of financial backers and audiences. But it is there, it's just a little hard to see at first glance. HW has a very schizophrenic approach to very edgy scripts/films...they either ignore them, shut them out of award season and try their best to freeze the out...or they call them daring and triumphant, and make them the toast of award season. It's all over the place, and I can think of recent examples on both sides. I see this same "playing it safe" game when it comes to primetime TV, and Chris will need to go to a channel like HBO, Showtime, FX and the like if he wants to break out of the mold.

And yes, movies are a oneshot, stand alone deal. Like a play. A TV series goes on to develop a character, but a film is one, single fragment of a character's life that you can play over and over again to pick out new things...but I agree, it's not the same as getting to know a character long term through a TV show. Movies are like a oneshot story, and TV shows are like a multi chapter arc. I personally like both.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/4/2013, 8:06 pm

Glorfindel wrote:I'm terribly selfish, but I want Glee to go on for a few more years, if only for the few times we'll get to hear Chris sing. I doubt if we will hear more of his singing after Glee. :(

But if Glee will decline even further in quality (although I think they are almost hit rock bottom in season 4) I want Chris away from it, so it won't damage his career and he will then be free to do other projects.

I know what you mean, it's just that I don't think Glee "damages" his career, as much as the show doesn't utilize his talents as much as they could.

It's almost insane how Glee's only young actor on the show with a Golden Globe award, a SAG, two Emmy nominations and a People Choice Award for Glee was reduced to cameo appearances or less for 6-8 episodes of Season 4.

Being on Glee is a blessing for Chris, his role as Kurt is iconic and even now he got a Teen Choice Actor in a Comedy nomination. His new book is coming out in August and I suspect that his movie will be made within the next year. Meanwhile Glee give him a high profile platform to be seen in millions of homes.

I'm back to being optimistic, FOX I think gave Glee a two year renewal with certain caveats, and it's hard to think that both Chris and Lea would be deliberately sidelined two years in a row on Glee in a desperate attempt to try to make *stars* of the Noobs who failed miserably to ignite the screen in Season 4.

Once the Seniors graduate, they can hardly justify making the likes of Marely, Jake and Ryder the leading characters for over 50 percent of the show. Season 4 was a spectacular failure in that regard and I suspect that Ryan Murphy is going to be on a shorter leash with FOX.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 6/4/2013, 8:15 pm

Okay this is totally OT but I did a project at my old school to help one if the students there. Because I look like a teenager, I had to pretend like I was a patient and she was the counselor. I had to improvise and make up my entire backstory. I played a juvenile delinquent, and I had a lot of fun with. How do you book an acting agent? Because I could go for that.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/4/2013, 8:24 pm

Buenos wrote:I know what you mean, it's just that I don't think Glee "damages" his career, as much as the show doesn't utilize his talents as much as they could.

It's almost insane how Glee's only young actor on the show with a Golden Globe award, a SAG, two Emmy nominations and a People Choice Award for Glee was reduced to cameo appearances or less for 6-8 episodes of Season 4.

Being on Glee is a blessing for Chris, his role as Kurt is iconic and even now he got a Teen Choice Actor in a Comedy nomination. His new book is coming out in August and I suspect that his movie will be made within the next year. Meanwhile Glee give him a high profile platform to be seen in millions of homes.

I'm back to being optimistic, FOX I think gave Glee a two year renewal with certain caveats, and it's hard to think that both Chris and Lea would be deliberately sidelined two years in a row on Glee in a desperate attempt to try to make *stars* of the Noobs who failed miserably to ignite the screen in Season 4.

Once the Seniors graduate, they can hardly justify making the likes of Marely, Jake and Ryder the leading characters for over 50 percent of the show. Season 4 was a spectacular failure in that regard and I suspect that Ryan Murphy is going to be on a shorter leash with FOX.

Nice way of looking at things. Glee has done wrong, but it can easily correct these problems. I hope they take the hint. It has done so much good for Chris.

ColdFlame, that sounds like so much fun. Maybe talk to someone in the drama department (if you're serious).

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 6/4/2013, 8:31 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
Buenos wrote:I know what you mean, it's just that I don't think Glee "damages" his career, as much as the show doesn't utilize his talents as much as they could.

Nice way of looking at things. Glee has done wrong, but it can easily correct these problems. I hope they take the hint. It has done so much good for Chris.

ColdFlame, that sounds like so much fun. Maybe talk to someone in the drama department (if you're serious).

Maybe I could be in season 6 of Glee. Or Chris's movie. I would love to play a mental patient! That sounds like so much fun! Razz
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/4/2013, 8:32 pm

I need to be completely honest. By one side I'd love to be optimistic and think that Chris will have as much scenes he had in season one and two, I didn't like how Kurt was treated in season three ( and four),and everytime I see the gif "I didn't get in" on tumblr, I felt upset .Though Glee tried to redeem themselves, the mess was already done. But going back with I was saying, also I'd love to think he will sing much more than he sang in last season. But I don't know. I kinda lost hope in this show, and currently I feel like I don't want to know anything from Glee. Unless is something related to Chris or the old cast, which are still important to me.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/4/2013, 8:33 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:Maybe I could be in season 6 of Glee. Or Chris's movie. I would love to play a mental patient! That sounds like so much fun! Razz

Can I join you? Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/4/2013, 8:42 pm

brisallie wrote:I need to be completely honest. By one side I'd love to be optimistic and think that Chris will have as much scenes he had in season one and two, I didn't like how Kurt was treated in season three ( and four),and everytime I see the gif "I didn't get in" on tumblr, I felt upset .Though Glee tried to redeem themselves, the mess was already done. But going back with I was saying, also I'd love to think he will sing much more than he sang in last season. But I don't know. I kinda lost hope in this show, and currently I feel like I don't want to know anything from Glee. Unless is something related to Chris or the old cast, which are still important to me.

At this point I would be happy if he had a handful of episodes where he got a few Level A storylines that highlighted his character. Kurt never had as much screen time in any season as Rachel and Finn so I don't harbor any illusions on that side. If Kurt does have quality screen time it would be good enough for me. So I guess with those expectations I have cautious optimism for Season 5.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/4/2013, 8:52 pm

I know Kurt never had as much screentime as Rachel and Finn.But if I see his scenes throughout all seasons, he had more relevant storylines back then in season one and two, and partly in season three. So, also I'd be happy if he has a handful of A storylines, luckily episode 18 will be his shiny moment (used to be like a tradition for me, but writers ruined it).

I just think at this moment I'm tired of Glee. Actually I'm pissed off and I can't understand those hardcore fans who love everything about Glee, even season 4.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/4/2013, 9:05 pm

that just means we are not hard core fans. i know i never was.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/4/2013, 9:10 pm

fantastica wrote:that just means we are not hard core fans. i know i never was.

I was questioning that: Do I ever was a hardcore fan? Nope. Actually Glee didn't got my attention when it come out, I didn't get the excitement about a musical series.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/4/2013, 9:14 pm

I guess I'm different, i was big fan of the original Glee of season one, plus I'm a sucker for musical numbers.

Agree that Season 4 was a disaster overall, so it's not like I would ever defend sidelining Chris, Lea, Cory, Naya, etc for Ryan Murphy's disastrous retooled Mckinley with all the Noobs and making BLAM! the centerpiece. However, I like the premise of a musical series which Glee is so in that sense I've always liked Glee in addition to falling in love with Kurt.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 6/4/2013, 9:15 pm

brisallie wrote:
fantastica wrote:that just means we are not hard core fans. i know i never was.

I was questioning that: Do I ever was a hardcore fan? Nope. Actually Glee didn't got my attention when it come out, I didn't get the excitement about a musical series.

Same. It didnt grab my attention until season 2, and of course that was the Kurt season. tonguue And he immediately became my favorite character. Smile
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/4/2013, 9:23 pm

my husband was watching this show before i did, and he had told me about it but i was never interested. in fact i watched first half an hour of 'high school musical" before (i couldn't finish it) so i figured it was about the same. then one day i sat down and watched the sexy episode w/ him and all i remembered was this unusual gay boy w/ a high voice... plus GP of course because she was the only one i recognized from the cast at that time. after that i started to watch from the beginning, on Netflix. i have to say that if it wasn't for kurt hummel/chris colfer i wouldnt' be watching this show in the first place!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next