Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13

+32
CloveGlee
Vir Cotto
Piciollina
Catt24
tanita_mors
MissSoniaPP
ColferGirl
coxfire
Lottie2303
Buenos
glimmerle
Delight
MoviesAreLife
ColdFlame96
Divalicious
Adamina
Jellyrolls
fantastica
SippyCupofLuv
arina
ColferInspired
bayth
brisallie
sheny
ChrisColferFan1
valkeakuulas
AnneNeville
opals
Ireth
TimF
Ranwing
Glorfindel
36 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13 - Page 38 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13

Post  AnneNeville 8/9/2013, 4:56 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:I think that Glee makes a big mistake by going so meta. Rather than being meta on the show's flaws, they should fix them, and rather than go meta on the actors' lives, they should be creative. To do otherwise seems really snarky. I think--if I were in Glee (if I were Chris)--I would try to never, ever mention anything personal. Ever. Around RIB or others!
I actually like it when they go meta sometimes. Kurt's defying gravity  moment would never have happened otherwise. Also, if Kurt ever decided to write his own roles and to become a one man studio and a mogul, I would not complain. Wink
Those are the good options! But what if they decided to mine something BAD? And it seems like they do that more often than picking something positive . . .
I see. You mean, make fun of an actor's flaws through their characters? Like how they bashed Jenna as not being a talented actress through Tina?

I think this Rachel-Lea-Barbra stuff is kind of sweet through. I like the Jewish, "ugly" girl rises to stardom and success vibe.
I absolutely agree. In-Universe it is great and makes sense! I totally buy Rachel Barbra Berry. It only became problematic when so many people watching the simultaneous Funny Girl casting drama (which went on for a LONG time) connected the two, and after that I (personally) think that choosing Funny Girl might not have been a very good idea. There are other Barbra roles, after all. It could have just as well been the first ever Broadway production of Yentl.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13 - Page 38 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13

Post  Buenos 8/9/2013, 4:58 pm

There is no way Lea Michele could have played Fanny on Broadway and have a regular role on Glee. Ditto when people who were saying she was passed over as Eponine in the move version of "Les Miz".

She just can't commit to long projects while she still is on Glee.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/9/2013, 5:02 pm

I loved Defyig gravity moment but hated Burt't advice to Kurt about writing his own roles. We have never seen on the show anything that would tell us Kurt is interested in writing or that he is good at it, it was too much of actor's bleed for me. And as much I want Kurt to suceede, I want for him his own path, not Chris'.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/9/2013, 5:04 pm

Sutton singing the same song, obviously reading the lyrics--notice the difference in breath control and where she breaks lines (it doesn't interrupt the thoughts of the lyrics, even though she doesn't seem to have them memorized!).

ETA: It's most obvious on the final line, when Lea has to take a breath between "Pa" and "rade" that Sutton doesn't take, because she has the breath to do both syllables.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/9/2013, 5:22 pm

Oh my, that entire campaign of Lea is embarrassing to follow. Everyone on here knows I don't like her, but I am always shocked when I get even more proof why I am not a fan.

Glee tries to use its platform to promote Lea. That is for sure. Funnily, even on Glee it backfired because her Funny Girl storyline generally received a lot of negative feedback. Lea is talented, no question asked, but such attempts just leave a bad light. I can only highlight once again how disliked she is outside of the Glee fandom. I really don't foresee the brightest movie career. I am not just saying it out of spite, but just as observation.

Heather (oh God, I am such a bitch today because I argue about against everything you say), Rachel is a pretty girl with zero confidence (still a major difference to girls who really are not attractive/beautiful) with rich parents. Her story is so not from rags to fame. Kurt, just as Chris, represents that idea so much more.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/9/2013, 5:38 pm

Yes, if you delve into the theatre forums, she's really, really despised.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/9/2013, 5:45 pm

AnneNeville wrote:I have to say that live performance, which I'd never listened to, really highlights her vocal problems--it doesn't sound like she can breathe properly at all. I can hear gasping through the mic. So if that WAS part of a ploy to get FANNY, it was a very poor move. Mad
Totally agree with you here. This is probably the worst performance I've seen from Lea performing live in... well, ages. It's so over the top and overdone and overwrought and just screams Trying Too Hard! that you can't take it seriously. And her breath control is absolutely awful. I'd expect that kind of breathiness coming from someone doing a hard dance routine while singing, not just from walking down a theater aisle. Maybe her nerves were getting the better of her, but she's normally such a pro that it's rather distrubing to see her so completely unraveled.

Lea is talented, there is no question about that. But I don't believe that she is the most talented person on the planet. I don't think that she's the best singer, or the best actor. She's sure as hell not the best dancer. And they've turned Rachel into Lea on steroids. They've tried to build her up into such a formidable and unbeatable talent that they've created a very dull storyline as a result. Where is the suspence in anything having to do with Rachel and her career since she has won just about everything she has set out to do. Or if she is defeated, her defeats are downplayed or outright expunged.

One of the reasons that Kurt's victories are always so satisfying is because they are rare and hard won. We savor them because we know how difficult the challenges he faces are and how often he has to swallow defeat. Rachel never really does. She's never dealt with a defeat where she didn't have some kind of magic escape hatch, no matter how many tears she sheds as a result. She cries and feels sorry for herself over the smallest and most petty matters (like losing a singing contest against her friend who she considers to be a great talent herself) so everyone has to reassure her that she is indeed very, very special. It gets not only tiresome after awhile, but boring as well.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/9/2013, 5:47 pm

AnneNeville wrote:Yes, if you delve into the theatre forums, she's really, really despised.
Not just there. Every single gossip/movie/TV platform without association to Glee, only needs to mention Lea and the pitchforks are taken out. People do not like her. It is a fact. Not jealous hatred from my side, but straight-forward observation from someone who only joined Glee a year ago.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/9/2013, 5:48 pm

Oh, so it was 100% on purpose . . .

Not that Murphy’s brain hasn’t dabbled with a flash-forward to Rachel’s future. “I keep saying that with the new Funny Girl revival, they should just say it’s Rachel Berry in Funny Girl — get Lea to do that, but as Rachel Berry. It would be a crowd-pleaser.”
Source: TVLine June, 2011

Yes. Ryan Murphy was doing press when the REAL Broadway revival was being cast suggesting that Lea should be cast but that the show should be BILLED as "Rachel Berry in Funny Girl."

There ya go.

Last edited by AnneNeville on 8/9/2013, 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/9/2013, 5:48 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:Yes, if you delve into the theatre forums, she's really, really despised.
Not just there. Every single gossip/movie/TV platform without association to Glee, only needs to mention Lea and the pitchforks are taken out. People do not like her. It is a fact. Not jealous hatred from my side, but straight-forward observation from someone who only joined Glee a year ago.
I don't know those sources . . . I do know people in NY theatre, though.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/9/2013, 5:51 pm

AnneNeville wrote:I don't know those sources . . . I do know people in NY theatre, though.
It is not sources per se, but just general gossip sites with the average Jane and Joe commenting. But I noticed long before I even considered watching Glee and knowing Lea, how many reacted negatively towards her. But those people are the ones actually buying the movie tickets or watching the show. So those opinions most certainly shouldn't be undervalued.

Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/9/2013, 6:15 pm

AnneNeville wrote:Oh, so it was 100% on purpose . . .

Not that Murphy’s brain hasn’t dabbled with a flash-forward to Rachel’s future. “I keep saying that with the new Funny Girl revival, they should just say it’s Rachel Berry in Funny Girl — get Lea to do that, but as Rachel Berry. It would be a crowd-pleaser.”

Yes. Ryan Murphy was doing press when the REAL Broadway revival was being cast suggesting that Lea should be cast but that the show should be BILLED as "Rachel Berry in Funny Girl."

There ya go.
What the f....?! Shocked

Oh, that man is so full of himself. There's a very good possibility that Ryan pushing his own creation Rachel Berry.....oops, I mean Lea, so hard for the Funny Girl's revival only lessened her chances. Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/9/2013, 6:19 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:Oh, so it was 100% on purpose . . .

There ya go.
What the f....?! Shocked

Oh, that man is so full of himself. There's a very good possibility that Ryan pushing his own creation Rachel Berry.....oops, I mean Lea, so hard for the Funny Girl's revival only lessened her chances. Mad
Honestly, I think it's a team effort. Not just Ryan. And I think the Funny Girl in Glee is a "F-you!" meta, which increases the chance that Rachel will get the role. Ryan didn't get his "Hannah Montana" fantasy, so he'll make it happen on screen.

I can only hope that Rachel will have to start in the chorus or as an understudy and work hard. :🤷:

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/9/2013, 6:22 pm

AnneNeville wrote:Oh, that man is so full of himself. There's a very good possibility that Ryan pushing his own creation Rachel Berry.....oops, I mean Lea, so hard for the Funny Girl's revival only lessened her chances. Mad
Honestly, I think it's a team effort. Not just Ryan. And I think the Funny Girl in Glee is a "F-you!" meta, which increases the chance that Rachel will get the role. Ryan didn't get his "Hannah Montana" fantasy, so he'll make it happen on screen.

I can only hope that Rachel will have to start in the chorus or as an understudy and work hard. :🤷:[/quote]
Good my dislike for Lea shines through today, but I believe she is also a very active part in all those creations and developments. I bet she pushed just as hard to see promoted as the next Barbara Streisand. She should really try to be herself more, as I sincerely believe she would gain more fans and respect.

Funnily, once again, the fanbase also doesn't like the Funny storyline. Once again, it is a major failure on all proportions.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/9/2013, 6:25 pm

In the light of all this putting the Funny Girl storyline in Glee is so.....pouting?
This really can only be conceived and interpreted as a big middle finger to the Funny Girl audition process.
It's so.....childish!
(Sorry, I'm finding no appropiate english words for this.) blinkk

Although I think this is mostly about Ryan's ego (how dare they reject a star he created!), not so much Lea, but what do we know?

BTW: Sutton Foster rules!!! That DROMP performance was such a show of talent and craftmanship. So controlled but still so full of the right emotions.
Wow. rooots
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/9/2013, 6:30 pm

I feel like I should put a warning in my signature. It is Friday, I am at home alone (I want to go out and have fun), drinking beer and a major bitch. I am sorry for all of you guys, because I jump on all those discussion where you can get my blood boil very easily. Razz 

Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/9/2013, 6:37 pm

I have some huge stinking issues with how the whole Funny Girl storyline has played out. Not that I have an issue with Rachel's fixation on this particular role, as it's been a part of her character from the very beginning. It make sense for her to want to audition for that part if it became available. It's how the show has handled it that really irks me (and anyone else who's ever dabbled in theater).

First, it caters to Rachel's fixation rather than pushing her to break out of her Babara wannabe shell. Instead of using the NYADA storyline to push Rachel into becoming a more mature and well-rounded performer, we keep having Rachel rewarded for falling back on all her old tricks and habits. She is still little more than a park and bark singer and I've seen no maturation or development of Rachel's performance style. The one time her style didn't help her was in the Midnight Madness contest, but in ever other venue, she's been very richly rewarded.

Then we have how the "auditions" were handled. The open call was anything but and rather than see Rachel lost in a see of a few dozen Barbara wannabes, we see her taking the stage alone after a fat girl who had as much chance of getting the part as my cat does. She's not seen as having any competition and just keeps rising effortlessly up to the final callback. Instead of showing how real auditions work, with line readings, showing her trying to play the character, choreography, etc, we just get Rachel solos. And her solos have absolutely no relevence to the show she is auditioning for. There has been absolutely nothing during the audition process to hint that Rachel can play the role of Fanny Brice and has something special in how she would play the part that wouldn't be basically mimicking Babara. I would kill for just once, someone to tell Rachel that unless she wants to spend her career being considered the younger, less interesting version of Babara and never a real talent in her own right, she's got to start developing Rachel Berry as her own performer and not trying to be the new Babara. Instead, we keep getting told that the new Babara is what she should be striving to be.

Last, it is a boring story. As I've said before, Rachel has won so often and so easily that the real shocker would be if the show decided not to give her this one part. There is suspending disbelief and then there is trying to swallow that a girl from Lima who has never acted professionally in even a small community theater role is one of three finalists for a part that every actress worth her salt on Broadway would be vying for. Tony winners would be fighting for this part, not just kids off the street. They haven't made it either suspenceful enough or ridiuclous enough to be interesting. We get Rachel singing, then moping by the phone until the inevitable phone call that she's been moved on to the next level.

Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/9/2013, 6:44 pm

Ranwing wrote:I have some huge stinking issues with how the whole Funny Girl storyline has played out. Not that I have an issue with Rachel's fixation on this particular role, as it's been a part of her character from the very beginning. It make sense for her to want to audition for that part if it became available. It's how the show has handled it that really irks me (and anyone else who's ever dabbled in theater).

First, it caters to Rachel's fixation rather than pushing her to break out of her Babara wannabe shell. Instead of using the NYADA storyline to push Rachel into becoming a more mature and well-rounded performer, we keep having Rachel rewarded for falling back on all her old tricks and habits. She is still little more than a park and bark singer and I've seen no maturation or development of Rachel's performance style. The one time her style didn't help her was in the Midnight Madness contest, but in ever other venue, she's been very richly rewarded.

Then we have how the "auditions" were handled. The open call was anything but and rather than see Rachel lost in a see of a few dozen Barbara wannabes, we see her taking the stage alone after a fat girl who had as much chance of getting the part as my cat does. She's not seen as having any competition and just keeps rising effortlessly up to the final callback. Instead of showing how real auditions work, with line readings, showing her trying to play the character, choreography, etc, we just get Rachel solos. And her solos have absolutely no relevence to the show she is auditioning for. There has been absolutely nothing during the audition process to hint that Rachel can play the role of Fanny Brice and has something special in how she would play the part that wouldn't be basically mimicking Babara. I would kill for just once, someone to tell Rachel that unless she wants to spend her career being considered the younger, less interesting version of Babara and never a real talent in her own right, she's got to start developing Rachel Berry as her own performer and not trying to be the new Babara. Instead, we keep getting told that the new Babara is what she should be striving to be.

Last, it is a boring story. As I've said before, Rachel has won so often and so easily that the real shocker would be if the show decided not to give her this one part. There is suspending disbelief and then there is trying to swallow that a girl from Lima who has never acted professionally in even a small community theater role is one of three finalists for a part that every actress worth her salt on Broadway would be vying for. Tony winners would be fighting for this part, not just kids off the street. They haven't made it either suspenceful enough or ridiuclous enough to be interesting. We get Rachel singing, then moping by the phone until the inevitable phone call that she's been moved on to the next level.

Can I say I want to generally marry your posts?! I totally agree with every single word.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/9/2013, 7:23 pm

Glorfindel wrote:In the light of all this putting the Funny Girl storyline in Glee is so.....pouting?
This really can only be conceived and interpreted as a big middle finger to the Funny Girl audition process.
It's so.....childish!
(Sorry, I'm finding no appropiate english words for this.) blinkk

Although I think this is mostly about Ryan's ego (how dare they reject a star he created!), not so much Lea, but what do we know?

BTW: Sutton Foster rules!!! That DROMP performance was such a show of talent and craftmanship. So controlled but still so full of the right emotions.
Wow. rooots
I'm glad that Sutton gets your approval! I think the best term is "sour grapes" for the Funny Girl storyline in context, and it is really, really pitiful that they underlined having Rachel go up against Sutton for the part.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/9/2013, 8:15 pm

5x01 Song Spoiler #4

All You Need Is Love - Blaine Anderson (with New Directions, The Warblers, Vocal Adrenaline and Deaf Choir)
GOBr

Yay, more Blaine, that's all I ever wanted in life. brikwol 

-ETA-
On a more positive note (I hope): it seems that at the shooting of the carnival scene Chris and Darren were not seen, only noobs, Kevin and Chord.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/9/2013, 8:22 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
 5x01 Song Spoiler #4

All You Need Is Love - Blaine Anderson (with New Directions, The Warblers, Vocal Adrenaline and Deaf Choir)
GOBr

I am tried of  Blaine singing all of the time.  Even if I did like Blaine I  would be tired of it brikwol
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/9/2013, 8:24 pm

So Blaine is basically Confirmed for two duets and a solo (since that is what this is). Bringing back the deaf choir is probably just an excuse to get Michael Hitchcock on screen again.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/9/2013, 8:29 pm

Seriously, one solo and two duets, just for the first episode??! That is such an overkill, it isn't even funny. Do they really want to lose all viewers who are no Blaine fans?! Not just talking about Kurt fans.

Blaine is so going to serenade Kurt by the way with this song. Hallelujah.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/9/2013, 8:43 pm

ewwww! so sick of mr. gelmet. this guy single handedly destroyed any possible enjoyment of this new season. Hallelujah!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/9/2013, 9:01 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
 5x01 Song Spoiler #4

GOBr

-ETA-
On a more positive note (I hope): it seems that at the shooting of the carnival scene Chris and Darren were not seen, only noobs, Kevin and Chord.
Wait--Blaine is singing with ALL of those groups? He's pulling out all the stops on this phony proposal. I'm guessing that "Help" at Dalton is the prelude to this. I hope that Kurt gives him an epic setdown . . . but after all these songs, Kurt's gonna be made to look like the bad guy.

So . . .  we have three Blaine songs and one Rachel song for Episode One? I don't think I'll be watching.

ETA: Has Tumblr exploded yet?
And . . . does anyone think at least one of these songs was supposed to be for Cory?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next