Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 13

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/9/2013, 1:31 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Didn't they mention that though the tribute to Cory/Finn won't be until the third episode, Finn's death will be mentioned in the first episode?  I think that they mentioned it at the TCA's.  If that is happening, it would make sense for Rachel to go to Lima (though it would seem weird for them to be at a carnival).
I thought he'd die suddenly in the third episode, or at least the awful news (that the audience already knows) will be mentioned for the first time there? I thought he'd be written out of the first two episodes.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/9/2013, 1:32 pm

arina wrote:Could we do some sort of twitter campaign for Kurt to sing finally with someone else than Blaine? My indifference starts to turn into angriness again. I know that Glee is not any fun for me anymore so at least I want nice songs to listen and costant presence of Blaine in every kurt's duet descreases my enjoyment enourmously... He deserves to finally sing with other people too, i don't care who is going to be his duet partner (even though my favorite would probably be Santana and Artie now when I know I will never get the Furt duet :( :(  ), yeah I take even Marley over Blaine. i just want some diversity for him after all these years.... and probably unless we won't be louder we have no chance....:(
I actually love the idea of a Kurt/Marley duet...hehehe....whis 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/9/2013, 1:44 pm

Glorfindel wrote:I have been thinking about this, and of course it could well be that Lea was already meant to sing 'Yesterday' when the Beatles tribute scripts were written before the summer hiatus, and if so and if she said herself she's up to it that's fine. But I have this unnerving feeling that they assigned 'Yesterday' to Lea after Cory's death, so during the rewrite, to directly connect that song to the tragedy, for shock/emotional/dramatic effect.
I could be wrong (and we'll probably never know), but if that's so I have very mixed feelings about it. It seems so exploiting/voyouristic.

This song will be connected to Cory's death by the whole fandom because of its lyrics and RIB must know that. If they planned it for Rachel before the rewrite I think they should have changed it out of sensitivities (because: how hard was that song to sing for Lea and how difficult will it be for the fandom to see her sing it on the show?). And if they deliberately gave that song to her after Cory's death it just.....I don't know..... feels like it's too much, too soon?

Please don't hate me for this, and maybe it's not true at all. Maybe Lea wanted to sing 'Yesterday' herself, and maybe in the show (and in the fandom) the song won't even have the impact and effect I suspect it will have (although the responses to it are already very emotional). But I have mixed feelings about this. To me it feels like too much meta grief is being exploited.
I'm very suspicious about RIB's motives 99% of the time, and they have earned that reputation, so it's not hard to suspect them now either. I don't think they deliberately would do something like this for cheap effect, because I honestly believe they don't want to exploit Cory's death and they loved him too, but I can see them becoming overdramatic and sentimental with something like this unintentionally. It wouldn't be the first time that RIB went overboard with their 'messages' and big moments/scenes in the show, and they cannot seem to be able to resist actor's bleed and putting meta in the show.
It just gives me an uncomfortable vibe. saispa
It seems like a heavy song for her to sing for no reason, this isn't some mindless techno-pop tune. Perhaps it's a bit of emotional foreshadowing? Bracing the audience for what we know is coming? Maybe she really did lose the role and it's about that? I guess we'll have to see the episode to know. To be honest, everything will seem like too much, too soon with a lot of people...this is a very sensitive topic, and it needs to be dealt with eventually, while still being handled with kid gloves. It's a tough line to walk, and I'm sure many fans will be demanding RIB's heads on a stick no matter what they do with 5x3. You can't win in a situation like this, especially if you're a love-to-hate show called "Glee". I'm just bracing for the "Cory would be rolling in his grave" comments from the hate blogs. Glee really has the most negative fandom out there.

And by negative fans, I don't mean any of us here. I mean the "fans" who make endless nasty "confessions" about this show and everything in it, no matter what. Some of them are so tasteless. The fandom is really more like a hatedom. We were united in the first few moments after Cory's death, but now we're right back to bitching at one another all over again.

This is such a shitty, sad situation. No matter what they do, I'm not going to rage over it. This is serious. I'm not going to be one of those awful people who are like: "RIB planned Cory's death for the good of the show!!!!1"

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/9/2013, 1:47 pm

sheny wrote:  

This is one of my favourite Kurt friendships as well. Theydidn't interact a lot but it was obvious since the beginning that they we comfortable in each other's company. Mike was the only other boy in ND who was exited when they did Madonna or Lady Gaga week while the other guys thought it was too girly. It was not frorced almost all of the friedships in season 4 were. It was not turned into some huge PSA how a straight guy and a guy guy can be friends like they tried to do and failed Blaine/Sam. 

Unfortunetly the only mesages Glee gave last season was how a gay guy can't be friends with a straight guy without falling in love with him, how it's ok to go to some internet strangers' house and have sex with them, how a girl can molest her unconscious friend and get away with it, how another girl can "help" her "friend" to develop an eating disorder and of course get away with it because at the end everybody blames the victim or how a boy who works as a gigolo to pay his school tuition is a monster and deserves to be beaten by his girlfrinds' ex-boyfrind.
Why didn't they give us this instead of the Blam crap? It's much more natural.

And yes to the "messages" on the show.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/9/2013, 1:56 pm

Ranwing wrote:Hope that you're right about this. I've been trying to prepare myself for Rachel to yet again win a major prize that she really has no business winning (because let's be honest - if you had millions of investor dollars riding on a show, would you cast someone who's never acted professionally in even a tiny role for your lead?), but I'm guessing that "Yesterday" is Rachel's pity party moment, when she bids farewell to that fantasy. Am hoping that Kurt pulls her out of that pretty quickly, because her pity parties are rather tiresome. It's possible to be deeply disappointed about losing something without acting like it's the end of the world.
To be fair, RENT cast unknowns in parts that were semi-inspired by an older, iconic opera. Four of the young actors/actresses got Tony nominations that year, and one of them won. RENT became the smash of the Great White Way that year. But Fanny is an outright iconic role, so I see what you're getting at. Rachel is talented, and there have been cases of talented, unknown kids getting their big breaks in important TV, film and theater productions (Chris Colfer Wink .)

Now, I'm going to remove my Rachel-stan goggles and say that, yes, her constant whining/pouting if something doesn't happen right away (the finalist letter, the callback) IS annoying! I love her, but I also feel that getting her dream role right now would be too soon and not realistic.

If she loses the role (and I think she will) and loses Finn this year, S5 will be to Rachel what S3 was to Kurt. And look how Kurt fought through it. I hope Rachel can remain strong and fight through this awful year also. It will make her stronger and cause her to be an inspiration to people, I think.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 8/9/2013, 3:03 pm

Rachel needs to lose the role. It's how characters respond to adversity that really develops them. Rachel winning isn't a good story. Rachel losing at it, being all "woe is me," and then coming back with a renewed passion and drive is a far more interesting story than seeing her handed everything on a silver plate.

Look at Blaine. He been portrayed as Mr. Perfect from day one, someone who everyone loves and admires, and placed on a pedestal above everyone else. Even when he does wrong (like screwing a random facebook guy), everyone was like, "Oh, poor Blaine. He made a mistake. You should forgive him, Kurt, because he is perfect." When he makes mistakes, it's not his fault--someone else is to blame, and people show him sympathy and understanding. He gets a get out of jail free card no matter what he does. Blaine is boring because there is no growth. There is no evidence that he has learned from his mistakes. It's all "woe is me." Seriously the only people who can really love that character anymore is superficial fans who like the way Darren looks.

If they give Rachel Fanny, they risk her becoming another Blaine. She needs to lose so that the viewers can root for her, and watch her learn from the experience, and really work towards her ultimate goal.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/9/2013, 3:39 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Rachel needs to lose the role.  It's how characters respond to adversity that really develops them. Rachel winning isn't a good story.  Rachel losing at it, being all "woe is me," and then coming back with a renewed passion and drive is a far more interesting story than seeing her handed everything on a silver plate.  

Look at Blaine.  He been portrayed as Mr. Perfect from day one, someone who everyone loves and admires, and placed on a pedestal above everyone else.  Even when he does wrong (like screwing a random facebook guy), everyone was like, "Oh, poor Blaine. He made a mistake. You should forgive him, Kurt, because he is perfect."  When he makes mistakes, it's not his fault--someone else is to blame, and people show him sympathy and understanding. He gets a get out of jail free card no matter what he does.  Blaine is boring because there is no growth.  There is no evidence that he has learned from his mistakes.  It's all "woe is me." Seriously the only people who can really love that character anymore is superficial fans who like the way Darren looks.

If they give Rachel Fanny, they risk her becoming another Blaine.  She needs to lose so that the viewers can root for her, and watch her learn from the experience, and really work towards her ultimate goal.
I absolutely agree with this. She is no Kurt Hummel in terms of strength, yet. But she could be by the end of the series.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 8/9/2013, 3:45 pm

don't worry. she can't win yet until the end of s6.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/9/2013, 3:49 pm

fantastica wrote:don't worry. she can't win yet until the end of s6.
Naturally.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 8/9/2013, 4:00 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
arina wrote:Could we do some sort of twitter campaign for Kurt to sing finally with someone else than Blaine? My indifference starts to turn into angriness again. I know that Glee is not any fun for me anymore so at least I want nice songs to listen and costant presence of Blaine in every kurt's duet descreases my enjoyment enourmously... He deserves to finally sing with other people too, i don't care who is going to be his duet partner (even though my favorite would probably be Santana and Artie now when I know I will never get the Furt duet :( :(  ), yeah I take even Marley over Blaine. i just want some diversity for him after all these years.... and probably unless we won't be louder we have no chance....:(
I actually love the idea of a Kurt/Marley duet...hehehe....whis 
Kurtcedes (again) or Kurtana would be fun!

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 8/9/2013, 4:03 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
Ranwing wrote:Hope that you're right about this. I've been trying to prepare myself for Rachel to yet again win a major prize that she really has no business winning (because let's be honest - if you had millions of investor dollars riding on a show, would you cast someone who's never acted professionally in even a tiny role for your lead?), but I'm guessing that "Yesterday" is Rachel's pity party moment, when she bids farewell to that fantasy. Am hoping that Kurt pulls her out of that pretty quickly, because her pity parties are rather tiresome. It's possible to be deeply disappointed about losing something without acting like it's the end of the world.
To be fair, RENT cast unknowns in parts that were semi-inspired by an older, iconic opera. Four of the young actors/actresses got Tony nominations that year, and one of them won. RENT became the smash of the Great White Way that year. But Fanny is an outright iconic role, so I see what you're getting at. Rachel is talented, and there have been cases of talented, unknown kids getting their big breaks in important TV, film and theater productions (Chris Colfer Wink.)

Now, I'm going to remove my Rachel-stan goggles and say that, yes, her constant whining/pouting if something doesn't happen right away (the finalist letter, the callback) IS annoying! I love her, but I also feel that getting her dream role right now would be too soon and not realistic.

If she loses the role (and I think she will) and loses Finn this year, S5 will be to Rachel what S3 was to Kurt. And look how Kurt fought through it. I hope Rachel can remain strong and fight through this awful year also. It will make her stronger and cause her to be an inspiration to people, I think.
All you have to do is look up all the speculation and press about trying to cast Fanny for the Funny Girl revival that Lea was supposed to be up for a couple years ago (that she didn't get). That's a pretty good reminder of how seriously they take casting a role like Fanny Brice. Rachel would never, ever get it over Sutton Foster.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/9/2013, 4:04 pm

Kurtcedes is great! And I'm curious as to how Chris and Naya would sound together! Both are such fun performers! And I really love how...happy Santana looks when she's performing.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 8/9/2013, 4:05 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
Naturally.
Well . . . I don't know. I am sure they will want to show her REALLY winning before the show ends, so they'll have to give her a Broadway part and show her struggling to do well enough then opening to raves and a Tony Award. If there are any concerns that the show won't make it past Season Five, they may well start her on her Broadway journey right away. . .

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/9/2013, 4:06 pm

AnneNeville wrote:All you have to do is look up all the speculation and press about trying to cast Fanny for the Funny Girl revival that Lea was supposed to be up for a couple years ago (that she didn't get). That's a pretty good reminder of how seriously they take casting a role like Fanny Brice. Rachel would never, ever get it over Sutton Foster.
I did not know that. I wonder what happened?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/9/2013, 4:08 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
Naturally.
Well . . . I don't know. I am sure they will want to show her REALLY winning before the show ends, so they'll have to give her a Broadway part and show her struggling to do well enough then opening to raves and a Tony Award. If there are any concerns that the show won't make it past Season Five, they may well start her on her Broadway journey right away. . .
If they did that, what would be the big, grand finale?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 8/9/2013, 4:22 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:All you have to do is look up all the speculation and press about trying to cast Fanny for the Funny Girl revival that Lea was supposed to be up for a couple years ago (that she didn't get). That's a pretty good reminder of how seriously they take casting a role like Fanny Brice. Rachel would never, ever get it over Sutton Foster.
I did not know that. I wonder what happened?
Lea was passed over:

Lauren Ambrose Will Be Fanny Brice in ‘Funny Girl’
By PATRICK HEALY
Lauren Ambrose will star as Fanny Brice in the Broadway revival of the musical
Bebeto Matthews/Associated Press
Lauren Ambrose will star as Fanny Brice in the Broadway revival of the musical “Funny Girl.”
The actress Lauren Ambrose, best known as the rebellious Claire Fisher in the HBO series “Six Feet Under,” was not an obvious first choice for the Barbra Streisand role in the Broadway-bound revival of the musical “Funny Girl.” But a combination of acting skill, comic timing, singing talent — including the high belt that is critical for well-known numbers like “Don’t Rain on My Parade” — and a “quirky, surprising fearlessness” (in the words of the director Bartlett Sher) helped win Ms. Ambrose the role, the revival’s producers said on Wednesday.

Ms. Ambrose, 33, will star as the comedian and actress Fanny Brice in the revival, which is scheduled for a tryout run at the Ahmanson Theater in Los Angeles from Jan. 15 to Feb. 26, 2012, before an anticipated move to New York in the spring. It would be the first production of “Funny Girl” on Broadway since the Streisand-led original, which ran from 1964 to 1967 and led to a 1968 film version for which Ms. Streisand won a best-actress Academy Award.

Describing Fanny as “the toughest role I’ve ever had to cast,” Mr. Sher — the Tony Award-winning director of the 2008 revival of “South Pacific” — said that he spent months auditioning “all the major theater actresses you would see for this character” in search of an ideal blend of skill and talent for the show, which has music by Jule Styne, lyrics by Bob Merrill and a book by Isobel Lennart.

Mr. Sher declined to name names, but others familiar with the casting process said that among those who auditioned or were considered were Tony winner Laura Benanti (from the 2008 “Gypsy”), Kelli O’Hara (“South Pacific”), Stephanie J. Block (“9 to 5”), Leslie Kritzer (“A Catered Affair”), and Lea Michele (“Spring Awakening,” the Fox series “Glee”).

“Lauren was the only person I saw with the deepest acting skills, the capacity to sing everything in this role and an emotional richness that really worked for Fanny at all ages,” Mr. Sher said, noting that “Funny Girl” is told largely in flashbacks. “It was a wonderful surprise. She wasn’t honestly a front-runner for the part until she called me, asked to audition and came in and blew us all away.” Mr. Sher had directed Ms. Ambrose in the 2006 Broadway revival of “Awake and Sing!”

In a nod to the legendary Streisand performance, Mr. Sher added, “It’s very important that no one think I was trying to cast someone to replace Barbra Streisand. Anyone who thinks they’re coming to see the next Barbra Streisand should not come see ‘Funny Girl.’

“I was drawn to reviving the musical for other reasons, chiefly the story of women who work in the theater and the arts and want love and success and happiness but have to choose among them,” said Mr. Sher, whose most recent outing with musical comedy on Broadway, last season’s “Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown,” was a critical and financial flop.

Ms. Ambrose received two Emmy Award nominations for her work on “Six Feet Under,” and on Broadway she also co-starred in the 2009 revival of “Exit the King.” She played Juliet and Ophelia a few years ago in Shakespeare in the Park productions of “Romeo and Juliet” and “Hamlet.” She also performs regularly with her band, the Leisure Class, while living in the Berkshires with her husband and young son. (A video of her performing “My Man,” a torch song featured in the “Funny Girl” film, has already been making the Web rounds.)

A spokesman for the production said that Ms. Ambrose would not be granting interview requests. In a statement, she said: “Let’s face it, there is obviously more than a lot to live up to playing Fanny Brice, but I am humbled and thrilled by the opportunity to be a part of this revival. The character is complex, the music beautiful and challenging. I can’t wait to get into that rehearsal room with the team Bart is assembling.”
[x]

It was a long, long casting process, and at the time on the theatre boards the consensus was that Lea's PR and all the Glee "Barbra" and "Funny Girl" stuff was part of a concerted effort to get her the part. She didn't, so it's interesting that THAT is the show they've picked for Rachel. Also, it's interesting that they named Sutton Foster as Rachel's rival for the part. Here's the sidebar to that article:

When The Times asked readers in June to help cast the role of Fanny Brice in “Funny Girl,” a number of recognizable names were put forward: Leah Michele, Leslie Kritzer and Nina Arianda, for example. Sutton Foster received enthusiastic support, and even Lady Gaga had some backing. One reader suggested producers “go rogue” and cast Neil Patrick Harris in the role made famous by Barbra Streisand. But only one reader suggested Lauren Ambrose, who won the role. What do you think of the decision to give Ms. Ambrose the part?
I think naming Sutton in the episode was in rather bad taste. Especially since she also stopped the show by singing I'm the Greatest Star at a benefit. She's often been named one of the stars that people want to see play Fanny. The idea of pitting Rachel against Sutton, literally, was probably the authors' idea, but comes across as sour grapes. It's a little too meta, considering how much Lea was seen to be pushing getting cast as Fanny.

The recent, planned revival that Lea was considered for never happened because it was--surprisingly--suddenly scrapped.

ETA: If you play with google, you will find tons of articles about how badly Lea wanted that role.

Last edited by AnneNeville on 8/9/2013, 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/9/2013, 4:27 pm

Thank you! You are always such a well of insider entertainment information! neutre 

Honestly, was it going to be possible for Lea to film the TV show in LA and to headline a Broadway production in NYC at the same time anyway? Something has to give.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 8/9/2013, 4:34 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Thank you! You are always such a well of insider entertainment information! neutre 

Honestly, was it going to be possible for Lea to film the TV show in LA and to headline a Broadway production in NYC at the same time anyway? Something has to give.
It would have been next to impossible, since she'd have to do a long-term contract (maybe at least nine months!). We'll never know how much consideration she was given, just that she was the focus of very loud rumors re: Funny Girl, and if you were hanging out on theatre boards at that time, you saw a lot of annoyance from theatre fans because they *perceived* (whether or not it was true) the continual comparisons of Rachel and Barbra/singing of Funny Girl songs/nose-job stuff as being part of an intentional effort to set herself up as the next Streisand.

And note: the director, in the article, says right out that that is NOT what he wanted.

Lea also sang "Don't Rain on My Parade" to a poor critical reception at the Tony Awards, which was also seen as part of this PR ploy to land that role (and one that should have lost her the role, if she was ever really being considered):

I think that Glee makes a big mistake by going so meta. Rather than being meta on the show's flaws, they should fix them, and rather than go meta on the actors' lives, they should be creative. To do otherwise seems really snarky. I think--if I were in Glee (if I were Chris)--I would try to never, ever mention anything personal. Ever. Around RIB or others!

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 8/9/2013, 4:37 pm

I have to say that live performance, which I'd never listened to, really highlights her vocal problems--it doesn't sound like she can breathe properly at all. I can hear gasping through the mic. So if that WAS part of a ploy to get FANNY, it was a very poor move. Mad

Last edited by AnneNeville on 8/9/2013, 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/9/2013, 4:38 pm

AnneNeville wrote:I have to say that live performance, which I'd never listened to, really highlights her vocal problems--it doesn't sound like she can breath properly at all. So if that WAS part of a ploy to get FANNY, it was a very poor move. Mad 
She sounds good to me. unsure  But I'm not an expert....

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/9/2013, 4:40 pm

AnneNeville wrote:I think that Glee makes a big mistake by going so meta. Rather than being meta on the show's flaws, they should fix them, and rather than go meta on the actors' lives, they should be creative. To do otherwise seems really snarky. I think--if I were in Glee (if I were Chris)--I would try to never, ever mention anything personal. Ever. Around RIB or others!
I actually like it when they go meta sometimes. Kurt's defying gravity moment would never have happened otherwise. Also, if Kurt ever decided to write his own roles and to become a one man studio and a mogul, I would not complain. Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 8/9/2013, 4:41 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:I think that Glee makes a big mistake by going so meta. Rather than being meta on the show's flaws, they should fix them, and rather than go meta on the actors' lives, they should be creative. To do otherwise seems really snarky. I think--if I were in Glee (if I were Chris)--I would try to never, ever mention anything personal. Ever. Around RIB or others!
I actually like it when they go meta sometimes. Kurt's defying gravity  moment would never have happened otherwise. Also, if Kurt ever decided to write his own roles and to become a one man studio and a mogul, I would not complain. Wink
Those are the good options! But what if they decided to mine something BAD? And it seems like they do that more often than picking something positive . . .

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 8/9/2013, 4:43 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:I have to say that live performance, which I'd never listened to, really highlights her vocal problems--it doesn't sound like she can breath properly at all. So if that WAS part of a ploy to get FANNY, it was a very poor move. Mad 
I'm not either, but I'm cringing almost as much as when James Barbour & Marla Schaffel hit a bad note singing one of my favorite songs from Jane Eyre on the Tony's. I can't explain why in this case, but I can point to the audible breathing/breathless sound.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/9/2013, 4:46 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
I'm not either, but I'm cringing almost as much as when James Barbour & Marla Schaffel hit a bad note singing one of my favorite songs from Jane Eyre on the Tony's. I can't explain why in this case, but I can point to the audible breathing/breathless sound.
Oh! I see what you mean about the gasping....

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 8/9/2013, 4:48 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
I actually like it when they go meta sometimes. Kurt's defying gravity  moment would never have happened otherwise. Also, if Kurt ever decided to write his own roles and to become a one man studio and a mogul, I would not complain. Wink
Those are the good options! But what if they decided to mine something BAD? And it seems like they do that more often than picking something positive . . .
I see. You mean, make fun of an actor's flaws through their characters? Like how they bashed Jenna as not being a talented actress through Tina?

I think this Rachel-Lea-Barbra stuff is kind of sweet through. I like the Jewish, "ugly" girl rises to stardom and success vibe.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top