Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12

+33
Piciollina
fantastica
Delight
TimF
CloveGlee
ariel189
sahhar
AnneNeville
ladydianab
ColferGirl
coxfire
sjonnepon
SippyCupofLuv
Ireth
M&M
crazypumpkin
glimmerle
tanita_mors
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
ColferInspired
rooszie
Divalicious
brisallie
Glorfindel
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
Lottie2303
ChrisColferFan1
arina
colfhummel
sheny
BigDestiny
37 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 22 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12

Post  Lottie2303 4/23/2013, 6:00 am

Agreed about voices are subjective. However, I get why people like his voice as it is not bad per se, and he knows what kind of style to sing in order to be successful. He also had a great foundation with Teenage Dream (i.e. the fact that people desperately wanted a bf for Kurt) and capitalized from it.

I additionally agree about Darren receiving popular songs which automatically (……..yeah…… those were the times!) will transform into success. It is unfair to compare him against Chris, who with his Broadway songs already has a smaller target group. Considering that Chris sings BW, he is actually really successful with his songs. Isn’t he?

However, the decreasing I-Tunes sales and the increasing complaints are a very good indicator that the audience is very sick of the current song and voice allocation.

I prefer Cory (expect S1, that time was just bad), as he puts some individuality and emotion in his songs. I don’t like Finn that much, but I can appreciate a subtle and well acted performance by Cory. He is most certainly underappreciated. I mean he looks like 30 and I still somehow believe he just graduated HS. That takes some talent!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 22 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12

Post  arina 4/23/2013, 6:36 am

I also definitely don't think he is bad but like I said very interchangeable. And I don't like how the show and his fans are acting like he is Lea 2. I know you don't seem to be big fan of her and I also don't think she is the most unique singer or greatest singer or anything but how many girls would we find in the group of thousand people who can sing like her and how many guys who can sing like him? She just has this big trained "leader" voice imo. He is ordinary...

It's really unfair to compare the succes of songs that are top 40 to broadway song, I think Darren's West Side Story didn't do miracles either. I would love to see one day how would Chris do with top 40 song on iTunes (even though it's probably too late, people lost interest in glee or buying the songs)...

Chris has his very distinctive voice which can be a big advantage but also disadvantage because it doesn’t have to be everyone cup of tea while the ordinary voices are kinda acceptable for everyone because we hear similars ones every day. Chris’s singing also does not fit everywhere and I feel the writers sometimes give him the songs that aren’t suitable for him. But when they get it right, he can sound wonderfully well and like no one else in a good way. I cannot imagine anyone on the show singing Roses turn, IWHYH or AS If We Never Said Goodbye with the same impact as he did. He is not replacable and again if the writers wouldn’be stupid they would use it for thein advantage instead of making him silent in favour of using the same sounding guys all the time. One would really think that the show would be happy there is variety in voices…

I feel like I am writing the same thing over and over again today but it really makes me mad.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/23/2013, 7:09 am

I may not like Rachel (correction: I sometimes loathe her) and I am not Lea Micheles biggest fan and never follow her career post-Glee, however I am subjective enough to accept talent. Lea Michele is a) a very talented actress, and b) a great singer. I am just not fond of her voice anymore as they totally overexposed her and used her far too many times. Also, especially in S1, all her songs seemed too revolv around Finn/relationship/etc. They could have used her voice much better and effectively by a) toning it down a bit, and b) give her more reasons to sing (i.e. her freaking dream to be on Broadway!). The very same can be said about Darren. Nowadays I cannot even listen anymore to his songs, no matter how well he might performs, without being annoyed. Lea and Darren and both great examples why dismissing an ensemble cast is stupid. But Darren most certainly never was and never will be Lea 2.0. I never mentioned that and I will never do. I like his voice, but it still goes a long way until I love a voice. I always do not like his voice anymore once he sings live. He has a nice studio voice, which can be said about a lot of successful singers nowadays. Unfortunately, there just isn’t a lot of variety on Glee nowadays.

I am annoyed that Chris always has to sing in his high register. I love his voice and I love that they show is very unique ability to sing in such high ranges, but it does not always fit the song. I feel like they try to stereotype/press Chris in a certain box and thankfully he fights against it. I mean, they wanted him to sing ‘Being Alive’ in a high register. Why? It is a male song sung with a low range. We know Chris can do it. Thank God, he recognized that and fought for it. BA is one of my favorite all time covers from Glee. But didn’t ‘Perfect’ do quite well? Considering he was heavily featured, they cannot give all the success just to Darren. But this is Glee… They most likely can do that.

I absolutely love Roses turn, IWTHYH and AIINSG. Those songs were outstanding and part of the very reason why I love Kurt and Chris. I really hope for him to be on Broadway one day when yet again reviews will hopefully mention “Why the heck did Glee waste such an amazing talent?”.

Don’t worry, I feel like I write the same argument every single day just with different words.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/23/2013, 8:30 am

^'Perfect' went to #7 on the charts. neutre

arina wrote:Taste in music and singers is really very subjective. I personally don't see much difference between Darren and let's say Chord or Ryder for example. Jacob also does have interchangeable voice but I personally think he is definitely better singer than the three of them. And I personally definitely prefer Cory over them too, he has really suprised me how versatile he can be and his big strenght is that he knows what he he is singing about, he is acting while singing, his singing makes me connect wit him which I often cannot say about some of the others.

I really don't think there is anything special about Darren's singing and his success on iTunes has a lot to do with the fact he gets to sing many popular (top 40) songs. If most of the other guys on the show got to sings those songs, it would sound very similar and the results would be basically the same.

From the kids I think Kevin is the best singer on the show, he is incredible versatile, has big range and in addition very distinctive voice and if the writers weren't stupid he would belong to the main singers on the show and not basically backup singer. Evil or Very Mad

arina wrote:I also definitely don't think he is bad but like I said very interchangeable. And I don't like how the show and his fans are acting like he is Lea 2. I know you don't seem to be big fan of her and I also don't think she is the most unique singer or greatest singer or anything but how many girls would we find in the group of thousand people who can sing like her and how many guys who can sing like him? She just has this big trained "leader" voice imo. He is ordinary...

It's really unfair to compare the succes of songs that are top 40 to broadway song, I think Darren's West Side Story didn't do miracles either. I would love to see one day how would Chris do with top 40 song on iTunes (even though it's probably too late, people lost interest in glee or buying the songs)...

Chris has his very distinctive voice which can be a big advantage but also disadvantage because it doesn’t have to be everyone cup of tea while the ordinary voices are kinda acceptable for everyone because we hear similars ones every day. Chris’s singing also does not fit everywhere and I feel the writers sometimes give him the songs that aren’t suitable for him. But when they get it right, he can sound wonderfully well and like no one else in a good way. I cannot imagine anyone on the show singing Roses turn, IWHYH or AS If We Never Said Goodbye with the same impact as he did. He is not replacable and again if the writers wouldn’be stupid they would use it for thein advantage instead of making him silent in favour of using the same sounding guys all the time. One would really think that the show would be happy there is variety in voices…

I feel like I am writing the same thing over and over again today but it really makes me mad.
banzai
I totally agree with all of this. fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/23/2013, 8:40 am

I must honestly say it made me happy when Chris said he asked for singing Being Alive in lower register. From Chris’s comments in the past I always knew he really loves to sing in his higher register, is proud of the ability singing that high (as he should be) but I am big fan of his lower register (not that I don’t like his higher register – for example Bring Him Home is now one of my favorite solos of his, I absoutely love his crystalic voice on the right songs) and it always seems so underused and not appreciated enough. I agree there are times where I don’t think his higher register fits and they often make him sing that song like that anyway.
I cannot believe they would take away the chance to hear Being Alive in male register from us. I know Kurt is the character who loves to sing primarily female ballads and loves singing high but he is a lot of more than that. And also as NYADA student and person who wants to be on Broadway should be able to sing in his lower register as well.
My dream is still to hear Chris’s solo with his „Bad Romance“ voice or „Scientist“ voice.

(And I write the same argument with the same words because my english vocabulary is small and I don't want to look at dictionary every other second :-)

Last edited by arina on 4/23/2013, 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/23/2013, 8:47 am

The problem by him only singing in higher resister, they stereotype him, and that should never happen with a character like Kurt. I love Kurt, because he is not a stereotype and doesn’t restrain himself to the boundaries set by society. However, by only letting him sing in a high voice, they do exactly the opposite and put him in a box.

I love his low and high voice, but it needs to suit the song. Being Alive needs to be sung with a low voice. Bring him Home needed to be a bit higher. I’d hope there would be more variety and they would allow showing Chris wide range.

But I am very happy that Chris is so protective and involved in the selection of songs for Kurt. Otherwise, I really don’t want to know how Glee already would have stereotyped and destroyed the character four seasons long ago. After all, they wanted Kurt to wear high heels and a leotard for Single Ladies… That is the forth episode!!!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 4/23/2013, 8:47 am

Lottie2303 wrote:
Don’t worry, I feel like I write the same argument every single day just with different words.

Well, considering how little Glee provides us Kurt-wise, us going round and round on the same subjects is not really surprising. the next 3 episodes might provides us more, but I can't guarantee you I won't stuck to the S&B part of the board. The whole proposal stuff irks me to no end (just the simple concept of Blaine thinking of proposing is beyond me).

Besides, with cory missing the end of the season, I fera last minute rewritings of low quality. Considering how the awfully atrocious the writing is without setbacks, what is it going to be?
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/23/2013, 8:55 am

coxfire wrote:Well, considering how little Glee provides us Kurt-wise, us going round and round on the same subjects is not really surprising. the next 3 episodes might provides us more, but I can't guarantee you I won't stuck to the S&B part of the board. The whole proposal stuff irks me to no end (just the simple concept of Blaine thinking of proposing is beyond me).

Besides, with cory missing the end of the season, I fera last minute rewritings of low quality. Considering how the awfully atrocious the writing is without setbacks, what is it going to be?

I have currently very little to do at work, hence I have the time to be so active on this board. As I have to sit in front of my computer anyway, it is not like a have a wide range of alternatives.

I always decide to just stop caring and stop watching Glee. Normally I stay in that state of mind for an hour. It just enrages me how all decisions by FOX and RIB are illogical and ignorant. It surprises me repeatedly, how mad I am on Chris behalf and the destruction of Kurt. That is especially funny, as I truly believe Chris can take care of it himself.

I don’t have any expectations for the next episodes. But mind you, in case Blaine proposes and Kurt agrees, I really cannot predict my amount and content of posts here.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/23/2013, 8:56 am

Well the writers intially wanted Kurt to be something like those rather caricature gays in the Diva episodes... Rolling Eyes
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/23/2013, 8:57 am

arina wrote:Well the writers intially wanted Kurt to be something like those rather caricature gays in the Diva episodes... Rolling Eyes

Yet another reason to be a fan of Chris, as he truly knows how to make a character his own.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/23/2013, 9:28 am

^Yes, he does.
If Chris hadn't fleshed out and developed the character all by himself, Kurt would be one of those many obnoxious femme gay stereotypes that are on tv. (nothing wrong with being obnoxious and/or femme gay btw, but it is a stereotype that's used mostly to make fun of or punch around)

As we already expected, Kurt is at Regionals:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 22 AeXir1g

These are costume tags. Kurt has one, as do Mike, Mercedes and Santana, and they are only filming Regionals today.
I hope Kurt simply stayed for Regionals in his Spring break, and that it is not Klaine related. unsure
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/23/2013, 9:34 am

Yeah, but Kurt is one in a kind and I firmly believe we can thank Chris for that.

What does DBL mean? Of course the old kids are at regionals. They need to include them somehow in the finale. As Kurt doesn't have anything better to do but to attend HS competitions (NYADA, Vogue, NYC...) blinkk . But I start to fear him leaving NYC, after all it will be his second episode in a row to being in NYC... Yeah, I am getting paranoid. As it is the finale, I dare them to have Kurt return to Lima, just because they are too lazy to write good stories for at NAYADA/NYC :angry: .
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/23/2013, 9:34 am

arina wrote:Well the writers intially wanted Kurt to be something like those rather caricature gays in the Diva episodes... Rolling Eyes

Thanks God he was smarter than writers, and even so, he's seen by some people as a stereotype. Seriously I don't get those people.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/23/2013, 9:37 am

brisallie wrote:

Thanks God he was smarter than writers, and even so, he's seen by some people as a stereotype. Seriously I don't get those people.

Kurt is gay, that is enough for some people to stereotype him. Especially because the writers do their best and isolate him from other males on the show. Only Blaine is allowed to be gay AND accepted AND normal :angry: .
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/23/2013, 9:44 am

Patty Duke, Meredith Baxter and Season 12 AMERICAN IDOL Runner-Up Jessica Sanchez Make Guest Appearances

It’s finally time for Regionals, and the glee club is more determined than ever to advance to Nationals. Brittany returns from her MIT trip with a new attitude and Ryder finally has a lead on who is “catfishing” him in the all-new “All Or Nothing” season finale episode of GLEE airing on Thursday, May 9 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-422) (TV-14 D, L)
spoilertv

Joaquin Sedillo ‏@JOAQUINSEDILLO 5m
“@laurenmcklaine: @JOAQUINSEDILLO did you find out who wrote this season's finale? Smilemr. Ian Brennan.
So Ian is writing the finale instead of Brad. Hmmmm. humhum
I'm not sure what to think about this. I like Ian, but he screwed over Kurt before and he tends to sacrifice the characters and canon for a lame joke.
Plus he also wrote the wedding/Valentine episode, which had Kurt behave totally OOC and still gave him no POV (and had Blaine pressuring Kurt in a creepy and condescending way).

Ah well, expect the worst, as usual with Glee..... unsure
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/23/2013, 9:57 am

AKA: nothing new in Glee-verse. As long as Blaine is happy and succesful... what else do you expect?! Rolling Eyes

I just prepare for the very worst.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/23/2013, 9:58 am

So if we want a episode decently written for Kurt, we have to ask Ryan? When it comes to Kurt, it seems Ryan is the less worst.

blinkk

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/23/2013, 9:59 am

Kurt is gay with some feminine traits and these type of gays are by many people considered to be a stereotype or caricature. You can be only either totall masculine gay or caricature for some people. Effeminate gays have it the hardest because they are often bullied even by the other (more masculine) gays. But the truth is there are many effeminate gays who like fashion or who love broadway etc... There are many "Kurts" in the world...and I was glad they had once representantion on tv that wasn't considered joke. Those gays who have to be all in pink, move very very exaggeratedly, has that one style of speaking I cannot explain in english etc - those are really caricature and I hate seeing them on tv but guys like Kurt exist so why is bad to see them on tv I don't understand...

Yeas there were few scenes when I was thinking if it wasn's too much like Kurt with Rachel and Mercedes talking about "their period" - that I cannot judge if someone would actually say it...

Last edited by arina on 4/23/2013, 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/23/2013, 10:00 am

But isn't Ian also the one who mentioned that he thought Kurt got lost in the relationship. Or do I confuse them?
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/23/2013, 10:24 am

Lottie2303 wrote:But isn't Ian also the one who mentioned that he thought Kurt got lost in the relationship. Or do I confuse them?

I think Brad said that Kurt was lost in the relationship, but I'm not 100% sure.

Lottie2303 wrote:
What does DBL mean?

It means double.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 4/23/2013, 10:35 am

Lottie2303 wrote:But isn't Ian also the one who mentioned that he thought Kurt got lost in the relationship. Or do I confuse them?

No, you're right. The problem is that even if Ryan wrote good episodes for Kurt, he still is blaine's massice fan, so when Klaine is concerned I feel like Kurt is sidelined. And honestly, and unless Chris "complained" in his negociations for naxt year, I don't see the show changing on that regard.
There were a few times where I didn't like Kurt's characterisation (I think I invented a word, didn't I), like when they made him cry for graduation, or when they made him an over mannered barrista.
In my mind, and according to what I could gather from Chris in his interviews, and through SBL, I don't think Chris is too happy about Kurt's treatment this year. I'm sure he hoped to at least see him evolve in NY, and frankly, we didn't see any of it.

All I know is that I have 2 whishes for this end of season: 1) That they don't throw Burt under the bus by having him champ Blaine and push Kurt to go back to him and 2) That Kurt doesn't go back to Blaine yet. I know it's planned, and Kurt will marry at 21, but getting him back with Blaine for the sake of "endgame 4ever!!" with no other reason than that, that sure will make me throw my laptop by the window.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/23/2013, 10:40 am

@Arina: For TV standards, Kurt is one of a kind. Of course people like him exist in real life. Televisision/movies just don't show them.

You are correct about Brad. Ian is the one who is so desperate to keep Finchel alive, isn't he??! Yeah, I lowered my expectations even more. I expect the worst!

Brad is the only one I still somehow trust...
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/23/2013, 10:44 am

coxfire wrote:No, you're right. The problem is that even if Ryan wrote good episodes for Kurt, he still is blaine's massice fan, so when Klaine is concerned I feel like Kurt is sidelined. And honestly, and unless Chris "complained" in his negociations for naxt year, I don't see the show changing on that regard.
There were a few times where I didn't like Kurt's characterisation (I think I invented a word, didn't I), like when they made him cry for graduation, or when they made him an over mannered barrista.
In my mind, and according to what I could gather from Chris in his interviews, and through SBL, I don't think Chris is too happy about Kurt's treatment this year.I'm sure he hoped to at least see him evolve in NY, and frankly, we didn't see any of it.

All I know is that I have 2 whishes for this end of season: 1) That they don't throw Burt under the bus by having him champ Blaine and push Kurt to go back to him and 2) That Kurt doesn't go back to Blaine yet. I know it's planned, and Kurt will marry at 21, but getting him back with Blaine for the sake of "endgame 4ever!!" with no other reason than that, that sure will make me throw my laptop by the window.

Funnily enough, I feel like RIB and stole from Chris a few times. His narration of NYADA suspiciously sounded like SBL. It speaks volumes that nowadays they steal from their stars. Especially because the audience loved the VO.

Burt will be destroyed. I have no doubts. Just him inviting Blaine for Christmas was so highly OOC. I was at that time still a Klainer and didn't get that decision. Especially about 'return the package'. What should have Kurt done? Call a cab and ask Blaine to drive to the airport? While Burt is around who invited him? Rolling Eyes

However, as sad as it is, I cannot wait for the internet to butcher RIB for destroying the Burt/Kurt relationship in order to prop Blaine. They really dig their own graves.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/23/2013, 10:57 am

coxfire wrote:

No, you're right. The problem is that even if Ryan wrote good episodes for Kurt, he still is blaine's massice fan, so when Klaine is concerned I feel like Kurt is sidelined. And honestly, and unless Chris "complained" in his negociations for naxt year, I don't see the show changing on that regard.
In my mind, and according to what I could gather from Chris in his interviews, and through SBL, I don't think Chris is too happy about Kurt's treatment this year. I'm sure he hoped to at least see him evolve in NY, and frankly, we didn't see any of it.

Characterization is a very word. I use it all the time in my work. ;-)

As for the stuff about Burt, I share your fears. If Burt's prostate cancer has turned serious AND they put any kind of proposal plot in the same episode, I will be filled with such rage that snark and bark will not contain it.

I speak as someone whose father died of unusually aggressive prostate cancer. The thought that my father would never meet the man I would someday marry (whom I hadn't met yet) weighed so heavily on mind . . . and on my father's, too. There was a director who I was friends with/worked with/had a crush on. My father told me that that director was the kind of man I needed someday. When he was dying, my father pinned this man's photo up on his office door so he could see it. I think he wanted to go knowing I'd be happy with somebody (even though that somebody has always been just a friend).

Burt being given cancer and then becoming a speaker in this proposal is so . . . wrong, because the bottom line is that any proposal made by Blaine when Burt is seriously ill (heck, even if Kurt's getting the news that his dad is going to be fine after all!) is going to be unforgivably manipulative.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/23/2013, 10:58 am

Lottie2303 wrote:@Arina: For TV standards, Kurt is one of a kind. Of course people like him exist in real life. Televisision/movies just don't show them.

You are correct about Brad. Ian is the one who is so desperate to keep Finchel alive, isn't he??! Yeah, I lowered my expectations even more. I expect the worst!

Brad is the only one I still somehow trust...

Is Brad the one that the SIMGM spoofs showed as the "yes man" of the trio?

ERm . . . I guess that Ian is the yes man here? I can't tell. :-O

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next