Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

+28
sahhar
TimF
AnneNeville
colfhummel
rooszie
Delight
SippyCupofLuv
tanita_mors
Buenos
Ireth
coxfire
arina
ChrisColferFan1
Lottie2303
opals
Ranwing
Divalicious
glimmerle
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
brisallie
MoviesAreLife
Glorfindel
sheny
ColferGirl
ColferInspired
bayth
fantastica
32 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 17 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  Jellyrolls 4/13/2013, 4:27 pm

bayth wrote:My favorite emotie: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 17 Sheepaid

I love this emote (I'll see if I can figure out how to add it here).

Speaking of drinking the Kool Aid, for our newer members, if you want to read about drinking the Kool Aid, you might want to read my first fan ficton Gleetastical Satarcal Fan Fiction

ETA: have added he emote to our options Smile Thanks for sharing it, Beth!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 17 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  arina 4/14/2013, 5:54 am

This is from interview with Jacob Artist about "Katie"

You must have your suspects! Who do you think it is?
JA: I don’t know because I heard they have initially written in with who was going to be in mind, and now they legitimately have no idea who it’s going to be. With this show, we’re surprised all the time. I don’t know! I think it would be really funny if it was Principal Figgins (laughs).
Another proof how unprofessional the writers are if they don't know who it is. It's funny how the fans are looking for clues in the episode about who it might be when in reality it's very possible the writers have no clue either.

The writing process of RIB is seriously very "unconvential".
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/14/2013, 5:58 am

arina wrote:This is from interview with Jacob Artist about "Katie"

JA: I don’t know because I heard they have initially written in with who was going to be in mind, and now they legitimately have no idea who it’s going to be. With this show, we’re surprised all the time. I don’t know! I think it would be really funny if it was Principal Figgins (laughs).
Another proof how unprofessional the writers are if they don't know who it is. It's funny how the fans are looking for clues in the episode about who it might be when in reality it's very possible the writers have no clue either.

beam
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/14/2013, 9:36 am

Exactly. The actor who is playing the character who is catfishing Ryder should have known he/she is the one by now, so they can literally act accordingly an leave little hints. This is rubbish.
And I also doubt RIB know themselves who 'Katie' is, which is ridiculous: you can't set up a multiple arc storyline like this without knowing its outcome! Idiots. Shocked

I bet they don't even know yet who's Sue's baby daddy is. What will probably happen (if they haven't forgotten about it yet, that is) is that Ryan Murphy will chat some day with another hot celebrity at some Hollywood party, and he'll then get 'obsessed' by this celebrity and brings him on the the show as Robin's sperm daddy. Problem solved.

And I've said this before:
Spoiler:

This is all so unprofessional it has me shaking my head in disbelief on a regular basis. Evil or Very Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/14/2013, 12:31 pm

Wait. The writers don't have any idea who "Katie" is Suspect I'm laughing at this, because I can't believe they have no idea what's going on with their own series. Or is like Jacob said, and they knew in advance who was, but probably because fans are already imagining who is and they're sure is that person, they have changed the plans to not be predictable. But they're lost now.

OT I just had a deja vu moment, I felt like I've said before Glee is lost.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/16/2013, 11:56 am

Theory:

The catfisher is SUE! She slipped her Catfishing cellphone into Blaine's bag and has since retrieved it.

She *did* meet Ryder in the hallway at 3:30 (or whatever time it was--wasn't Sue the one who saw Ryder there? I can't remember and I don't want to watch the episode again . . .).

---end jesting speculation--

I think pretty much everyone guessed that the catfisher was Unique right away . . . which makes no sense to me, but whatever. I bet the catfisher WAS Unique and they have changed it since the Rydique ship started sailing due to the speculation.

If the catfisher is Becky (I've also seen that version), I'll scream.

Actually, there is no good candidate for the catfisher. Maybe it's Quinn--she's finally losing her mind and wants to recapture her glory days with "Finn 2.0" (who I actually like better than Finn 1.0).

----But, yeah . . .----

The unprofessionalism on the part of the creative team that JA's interview reveals is appalling. I wonder why he revealed it! There *are* things actors need to know in order to play their characters. Like Alan Rickman being one of the only people who knew Snape loved Lily, long before the rest of the Harry Potter series was published.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/17/2013, 4:15 am

Glee: Fox has already made renewal announcements on the bulk of their lineup, save for Glee. However, Gleeks need not fret. A Fox source promises that it's "coming back for sure"; the only thing holding up the announcements are negotiations.

eonline.com

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 4/17/2013, 4:43 am

Is it no wonder that the negotiations take ages because there's probably about thousand agents and casting people as interested parties. tonguue

I bet some of them really have to work for their 10% share and get their client back into the regular cast list with Fox trying to reign in the huge cast. I'd still say that Fox would have a more beneficial cost/returns budget with just limiting the the whole show to NY. (Even with them having to pay more to Lea, Chris, Naya and Darren.)
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/17/2013, 4:52 am

I hope Oliver comes back, I just hope the writters do not turn Adam into a Blaine can do no wrong stan.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/18/2013, 2:00 am

I'm nervous. If it comes back, I hope it comes back better than ever (NYC spin off!) :D

Also, I'm shocked to learn that RIB don't even know who "Katie" is. That is just sloppy and unprofessional. They are making shit up as they go along. dryy

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/18/2013, 2:29 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:I'm nervous. If it comes back, I hope it comes back better than ever (NYC spin off!) :D

Also, I'm shocked to learn that RIB don't even know who "Katie" is. That is just sloppy and unprofessional. They are making shit up as they go along. dryy

I agree and good point.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/18/2013, 6:13 am

I am actually lol’ing about Katie. Once again RIB thought they are so creative and the audience figured it out within minutes. I bet it was intended to be Unique and now it is most likely Santa Claus. They rather write unnecessary, shocking twists instead of expected, well written storylines. Especially because if done right, Unique and Ryder would have been sensational and inspirational. How the hell do they still get paid money? I’d be fired within seconds with such a work ethic…
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/18/2013, 11:56 am

Lottie2303 wrote:I am actually lol’ing about Katie. Once again RIB thought they are so creative and the audience figured it out within minutes. I bet it was intended to be Unique and now it is most likely Santa Claus. They rather write unnecessary, shocking twists instead of expected, well written storylines. Especially because if done right, Unique and Ryder would have been sensational and inspirational. How the hell do they still get paid money? I’d be fired within seconds with such a work ethic…

I agree that Rydique would have been sensational and inspirational.

I doubt it's the writers lacking a work ethic in this case (though they certainly aren't doing well by the show). If there *was* a plan about who the catfisher was and it's been "unwritten" then that is the fault of RIB, who are un-firable . . . or almost so.

There were those rumors about some of the producers not coming back for Season 5, right?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/18/2013, 11:59 am

I still think it should be Blaine. He hasn't fell in love with anyone new in a while.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TimF 4/18/2013, 12:31 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I still think it should be Blaine. He hasn't fell in love with anyone new in a while.

banzai
I wouldn't be surprised if it was Blaine. Ryder is the new Finn after all, and Blaine gets everything that Kurt wanted without any hesitation...

Really though Ryder is boring as hell to me anyway and I find myself not caring in the least when he appears on my screen. He's basically a clone of Finn mixed with the idiot Manti Teo...doesn't make for good plot devices. Sleep
TimF
TimF
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/18/2013, 3:44 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I still think it should be Blaine. He hasn't fell in love with anyone new in a while.

You crack me up.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/18/2013, 3:46 pm

TimF wrote:

banzai
I wouldn't be surprised if it was Blaine. Ryder is the new Finn after all, and Blaine gets everything that Kurt wanted without any hesitation...

Really though Ryder is boring as hell to me anyway and I find myself not caring in the least when he appears on my screen. He's basically a clone of Finn mixed with the idiot Manti Teo...doesn't make for good plot devices. Sleep

Which is a shame, because Blake is actually a good actor, I think, and he has a lot more to offer the show than he's been given.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/18/2013, 4:37 pm

^ r u talking about the cat fisher? got to be a mouse!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/18/2013, 5:27 pm

Sandy Ryerson
or better yet
the old favorite, Pedo Will

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 17 PEDO_WILL
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/18/2013, 5:51 pm

I think it's Brad the piano player.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/18/2013, 5:55 pm

I vote for Lord Tubbington. Which would make about as much sense as anything else on this show does.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/18/2013, 6:06 pm

moque

Yes, please! This will be the nail in the coffin for the Klaine proposal BS.

You know, I don't even hate Blaine....I'm mad at him for hurting Kurt so badly, and I'm annoyed with his personality. But I don't hate him...I just want him to leave Kurt alone and to let Kurt be happy without him.

Last edited by MoviesAreLife on 4/18/2013, 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/18/2013, 6:50 pm

I'm still puzzling over why Ryder even had Katie's telephone number. If it's someone in Glee club, the catfisher wouldn't have dared give their number because he'd have recognized their voice. Once you give your number out, how do you justify never answering the phone or talking?

Writers have painted themselves into the corner.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/19/2013, 4:28 pm

GLEE GOT PROMOTED FOR A A FIFTH AND SIXTH SEASON !!!!! blinkk

Last edited by Lottie2303 on 4/19/2013, 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/19/2013, 4:28 pm

Fox Renews 'Glee' for Fifth and Sixth Seasons
4/19/2013 by Lesley Goldberg

Musical dramedy Glee has been renewed for a fifth and sixth season, the network announced Friday.

"Glee debuted as the first and only successful musical comedy series on television, and more than four years later, it continues to defy genres, break new ground and have a significant impact on popular culture,” Fox entertainment chairman Kevin Reilly said in a statement announcing the news. “Week in and week out, Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk, Ian Brennan, Dante DiLoreto and the entire Glee team deliver a series that not only delights and surprises fans, but also inspires them to talk about, share, debate and engage with the show -- and I’m absolutely thrilled to have them on board for another two seasons.”

Reilly first hinted that the renewal could be for multiple seasons in January, telling reporters that it was a "real possibility" that he would pick up the musical for multiple seasons. "We're going to negotiate now for the fifth season and beyond," he said at the time.

The Lea Michele starrer has been a sturdy performer for the network in its new Thursdays at 9 p.m. slot, where it has featured more mature themes including last week's controversial school shooting hour as the series split its focus between McKinley High and New York. In its fourth season, Glee is averaging a 3.6 rating in the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic and 8.7 million total viewers. It's ranked as a top 10 comedy among the metric and overall among adults 18-34.

The musical series, which this season marked its 500th musical performance, remains a valuable commodity for Fox and sibling studio 20th Television, with music sales also serving as a cash cow. More than 53 million Glee tracks have been downloaded and more than 13 million albums have been sold worldwide, including two platinum and give gold albums. The Glee cast also holds the record for the most singles to ever enter the Billboard Hot 100 chart with 203 tracks to date, surpassing the records previously held by Elvis Presley, the Beatles and James Brown.

Glee joins fellow hourlongs The Following and Bones on Fox's 2013-14 schedule, which also features returning comedies The Mindy Project, New Girl and Raising Hope. Animated entries also securing a spot on the schedule include American Dad, Bob's Burgers, Family Guy and The Simpsons.

Season four thus far has been a divisive one, with interest waning in the Ohio-set story line where the series has added a roster of new faces including Melissa Benoist (Marley), Becca Tobin (Kitty), Jacob Artist (Jake) and Glee Project season two winner Blake Jenner (Ryder). Much of Glee core cast graduated in the season three finale, with stars Amber Riley, Dianna Agron, Mark Salling, Naya Rivera and Harry Shum Jr. appearing sporadically this season after the planned New York-set spinoff were nixed last year.

Murphy, speaking with The Hollywood Reporter in early February, said he was considering doing something different with Glee's fifth season -- potentially nixing one of the show's two locations.

"I think what we're going to do, and I have to wait until that moment to announce, but what we're going to do with the show is very different," he said of the idea of an entirely New York-set location. "Not everybody will go to New York, because I think that's really unrealistic. I really like this season, and I liked going back and forth, but I would really like at one point for a huge chunk of them to stay in one location, which we'll probably do next year. We just started to talk about that."

STORY: 'Glee's' Ryan Murphy Prepping Potential Cliffhanger, Location Changes for Season 5

"I loved going back and forth, and I think we'll always have one foot in both, but I would like a big chunk to follow one particular story that we're getting ready to launch at the end of this year," he added of the season four storyline that will include Rachel and other characters. "It's going to be a big cliffhanger."

And while another graduation would appear to be on the table for characters including Blaine (Darren Criss), Tina (Jenna Ushkowitz), Artie (Kevin McHale) and Brittany (Heather Morris), Murphy says that may not be the case. "We're doing some weird s--- on the show, just wait," he said with a smile. "I don't want to do what we've done every year; I want to do something different."

With the renewal, Murphy will have at least two shows on the air next season, with Glee joining FX anthology American Horror Story: Coven. NBC has yet to make a decision on the future of Murphy and co-creator Ali Adler's freshman comedy The New Normal and Oxygen has yet formally weigh in on the future of The Glee Project, which thus far has produced stars Damian McGinty, Alex Newell, Jenner and Samuel Larsen. For Murphy's part, he also has a sexually-themed drama pilot set up at HBO.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next