Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

+28
sahhar
TimF
AnneNeville
colfhummel
rooszie
Delight
SippyCupofLuv
tanita_mors
Buenos
Ireth
coxfire
arina
ChrisColferFan1
Lottie2303
opals
Ranwing
Divalicious
glimmerle
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
brisallie
MoviesAreLife
Glorfindel
sheny
ColferGirl
ColferInspired
bayth
fantastica
32 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 23 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  Buenos 5/10/2013, 4:04 pm

From "The Breakup", "Glease" and "Thanksgiving", I thought there was a gradual thawing out of Kurt, trying to get past the hurt and forgive Blaine and get to a happy place.

The problem really started I thought in "Glee, Actually". At the time it was attributed to the Burt Cancer but Chris's acting left a clear impression that he was uncomfortable and awkward still in Blaine's presence.

Since then "I, Do", "Girls (and boys) on Film, "Guilty PLeasures", "Wonderful" and now "All or nothing", Kurt has been ambivalent at best when referencing Blaine. While it's a realistic character place to be, it doesn't make for narrative interest and movement to be STUCK there.

HOnestly, if Kurt was bitter and still angry with Blaine and was able to show it, it would be better, or if he was shown trying to reconnect with Blaine that would be some movement the other way. But it's like Kurt is keeping things close to the vest to the point that the Audience is going to think he really doesn't care either way, so why should they?
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 23 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  AnneNeville 5/10/2013, 4:12 pm

Buenos wrote:From "The Breakup", "Glease" and "Thanksgiving", I thought there was a gradual thawing out of Kurt, trying to get past the hurt and forgive Blaine and get to a happy place.

The problem really started I thought in "Glee, Actually". At the time it was attributed to the Burt Cancer but Chris's acting left a clear impression that he was uncomfortable and awkward still in Blaine's presence.

Since then "I, Do", "Girls (and boys) on Film, "Guilty PLeasures", "Wonderful" and now "All or nothing", Kurt has been ambivalent at best when referencing Blaine. While it's a realistic character place to be, it doesn't make for narrative interest and movement to be STUCK there.

HOnestly, if Kurt was bitter and still angry with Blaine and was able to show it, it would be better, or if he was shown trying to reconnect with Blaine that would be some movement the other way. But it's like Kurt is keeping things close to the vest to the point that the Audience is going to think he really doesn't care either way, so why should they?

Actor choice? He's been given so little to work with in terms of text, and the directors change every episode, so perhaps this is the closest he can come to expressing his dislike of Klaine (which I think Chris has pretty explicitly stated in interviews is boring and Twilight-esque).

I guess there are three options: 1) The directors are directing him to perform this way (apathetic, not too impressed by Blaine, or "just don't give anything away one way or another"), 2) Chris is choosing to perform that way and no one is stopping him, or 3) they are shooting multiple variations of reactions, and consistently chose the most ambiguous takes to edit into the final product.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/10/2013, 4:14 pm

arina wrote:It's so sad when you see more and more people who starts to feel apathy towards Kurt but the saddest thing is when you understand them and are afraid that you are starting to feel very similarly. :( (not about everything of course, the way they are portraying Blaine I see as delusional and not sympathetic but the lack of Kurt's POV and actually often not understanding what he is thinking or why he is doing what he is doing makes me unforunately gradualy lose inteterst in that character. I hated his storylines last year but at least I saw him like a acual peron, I felt connected to him, he felt real...

I'm afraid I am feeling that way, too. I am at the point where I can do nothing but cheer Chris Colfer for doing the best he can with lousy, almost non-existant material. And that is getting tiring. I think I'll have to return to the HP fandom.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/10/2013, 4:20 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
Buenos wrote:From "The Breakup", "Glease" and "Thanksgiving", I thought there was a gradual thawing out of Kurt, trying to get past the hurt and forgive Blaine and get to a happy place.

Actor choice? He's been given so little to work with in terms of text, and the directors change every episode, so perhaps this is the closest he can come to expressing his dislike of Klaine (which I think Chris has pretty explicitly stated in interviews is boring and Twilight-esque).

I guess there are three options: 1) The directors are directing him to perform this way (apathetic, not too impressed by Blaine, or "just don't give anything away one way or another"), 2) Chris is choosing to perform that way and no one is stopping him, or 3) they are shooting multiple variations of reactions, and consistently chose the most ambiguous takes to edit into the final product.

Yes, I'm thinking the show wants ambivalent and they let Chris do it as Kurt because he's one of the few (if not the only one) who can convey that, but it's at a cost with GA connection IMO.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 5/10/2013, 4:28 pm

I've seen a lot of complaining about Chris's acting choices on tumblr but honestly no matter what opinions Chris has about Klaine, the last word has always the director and if director wanted Kurt to make eye conctact with Blaine, Chris would have to play it etc. Chris can offer his opinions how could Kurt react but if the director does not agree Chris has to follow the script.. And if Chris had the influece as some people think I don't think Kurt would spend all year in the background.... I don't say Chris's does not influence anything but I think the inconsistent writing, hardly any POV and bad editing is the biggest reason that Kurt is now like he is. (or the writers/directors does know the show does not make any sense at all either way so they let the actors do what they want to, which would be also the writers/directors fault)

I've seen a couple of former big Kurt's fans giving up lately, it's really sad to see that happening but the show just getting worse and worse... I am just afraid that because Kurt has hardly any screentime or does not get anything interesting to do, more people will start forget about him and feel apathy towards the character which could influence also Chris's career. Like it or not Chris's popularity is still connected to Glee and I am afraid that many people will start watch different shows, and follow different actors from these shows... It's easier for many people to be fan of someone you see every week on your sccreen ...

Last edited by arina on 5/10/2013, 4:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/10/2013, 4:39 pm

The following article is from Crushable: http://www.crushable.com/2013/05/10/entertainment/glee-season-four-finale-recap-most-likely/

If The Glee Kids Went To My High School, This Is What Their Yearbook Would Look Like

Thursday night marked the fourth season finale of Glee, and, like every time I watch this show, I was simultaneously enthralled and horrified. It was like looking at a 42-minute car crash (with singing!). I don’t think anything this politically correct and simultaneously offensive has ever existed before. Only Ryan Murphy had the technology.

Rumors have been swirling for weeks that next season will be very New York heavy (thank God), which means we’ll be seeing a lot less of the weird Lima/New York split that everyone hates. In celebration of this final episode, I have compiled yearbook superlatives for all the Glee characters I could remember—seriously, there’re like 50 people on this show.

Rachel (Lea Michele) – Most Likely to be a Famous Person You Never Liked but will Still Name-Drop to All Your Friends

Rachel has talent, that is undeniable. But she’s also hella annoying. Which is why everyone at McKinley will remain Facebook friends with her forever, but probably ostracize her socially until she gets her big break.

Kurt (Chris Colfer) – Most Likely to Run a Media Empire

Why is Kurt the only student on this entire show to have ever had a job? Kurt will someday outrank every one of his high school classmates, based purely on the fact that he, you know, has a resume. Also, Kurt is a glorious human being who radiates perfectly pitched solos and bitchy power-glares from his every pore, both of which I’m pretty sure will come in handy when he becomes the youngest Vogue Editor-in-Chief/EGOT winner of all time.

Finn (Cory Monteith) – Creepiest Graduate

Finn, you are 19-years-old. Why is your best friend your 40-year-old former show choir teacher, and why is your only discernible life goal to STAY in high school? Get it together, man.

Santana (Naya Rivera) – Most Likely to Own My Heart Forever

Santana is the sexiest songbird in all the land. Remember when she sang “Cold Hearted” and slunk around on a bunch of NYADA playground equipment to try to convince Brody she was awesome or something? Yeah, I don’t really recall the circumstances, because the only thing I could think about while watching Brody on screen was how punchable his head looked. But, the image of Santana Lopez writhing around in a leather corset will never leave my soul.

Artie (Kevin McHale) – Most Likely to Show Up at His Five-Year Reunion Looking Goooood

Artie has definitely blossomed in the past two seasons. His attitude is fierce, his singing is on point, and his wheelchair choreography is better than ever. He’s also one of the few New Directions I would actually hang out with. I wish he’d had better luck with Tina or Brittany or Sugar (or Kitty. That is a couple I would ship hard), because this boy is a treasure. And, after making it big with his first indie surprise hit film of the summer, I hope he rolls back into Lima so everyone can see what they were missing.

Blaine (Darren Criss) – Most Likely to Be Served with a Restraining Order, and Totally Not See it Coming

Blaine, I know that your love for Kurt is an eternal fire perpetually burning in your sweet little heart, and that you protect that fire with a shield made of hardened hair gel and overly-emotional singing. But come on, dude. Seeing as this is the 21st century, asking Burt for Kurt’s hand in marriage was a lot creepier than you thought. Also, YOU AND KURT AREN’T EVEN DATING!!! Like, you broke up! I’m not saying you need to let him go. I’m just saying, maybe try being in a relationship for a few weeks before you bring up everlasting matrimony.

Brittany (Heather Morris) – Laziest Writing

This one is more for the Glee writers than for Brittany herself. While all the other characters get to pursue their dreams (Kurt and Rachel at NYADA, Mike at Joffrey Ballet, Finn at Lima University, Mercedes with a record deal, Artie at film school), Brittany gets dumped at … MIT? The last time I checked, Massachusetts was not New York. Brittany should be in New York with Santana and EVERY OTHER New Directions graduate who matters. Also, during the New Directions show circle before Regionals, Brittany went around and said nice things about everyone. Then she got to Santana … and they just hugged. No words exchanged because, apparently, Brittany only gets a certain allotment of speech per episode, and it ran out just before she was about to gush her feelings to the love of her life. Not cool Glee, not cool.

Tina (Jenna Ushkowitz) – Most Likely to Never Speak to Her High School “Friends” Again

Watching the scene where Blaine passed out on his bed and then Tina straddled him and sensually massaged VapoRub into his chest was definitely haunting. She’s a weird girl. However, she’s also been pretty poorly treated by the New Directions. Remember when she swapped bodies with Rachel and was forced to learn the lesson that, actually, she should just shut up and let everyone walk all over her? Yeah, that was a strange moment on Glee. So I can totally understand if, after she graduates, she moves across the country and never speaks to anyone again, but also harbors a mixture of shame and anger inside of her for years to come.

Sam (Chord Overstreet) – Nicest Person

Sam is a really nice person, guys. Probably too nice for this show, where people routinely belittle a freshman for having bulimia, and no one really says anything about it. Also, his abs could probably be used on the CW. I hear they go for that kind of thing over there.

Sugar (Vanessa Lengies) – Best Use of Face

Sugar doesn’t get a lot of lines. I think Ryan Murphy received a bunch of hate mail (imagine that) after he made her pretend to have Asberger’s for half a season, and so now she isn’t allowed to talk anymore. But, if you go back through the episodes and just watch Sugar’s facial expressions and dance moves, you will probably laugh harder than at anything Mr. Schue “rapping”. Please do it. In fact, someone should probably make a GIF set. And then send it to me. Thanks.

Jake (Jacob Artist) - Whitest Teeth

Yup, that’s all I got. New New Directions, ye shall not be missed.

Ryder (Blake Jenner) – Most Likely to be Forgotten Immediately After Graduation

Did anyone care about this character? He was clearly a less cool, less talented version of Jake, and Jake isn’t all that cool or talented. Also, the Catfish storyline went on FOREVER, and took time away from the New York characters, and also from me playing fetch with my pet rock, both of which are drastically more interesting activities than watching Ryder Lynn exist.

Marley (Melissa Benoist) – Most Likely to Grow Up to Be Pam Beasly

Marley is a sweet kid, but she doesn’t exactly have what you would call a “personality” or “character traits” or “identifying features.” She’s a dull person. Now, I’m not hating on Pam, who definitely has her moments. But can’t you just see Marley working at Dunder Mifflin in 15 years, rolling her eyes at Michael Scott and wondering how in the hell she ended up working for someone even less self-aware than Mr. Schue?

Kitty (Becca Tobin) – Spiral-iest Hair

Kitty’s hair looks like a giant flaxen spring, and I really want to “boing” it. No, that’s not a sex euphemism; that is the sound a spring makes.

Unique (Alex Newell) - Most Obvious “Twist”

We all knew that Unique was Catfishing Ryder. We knew about it for weeks, pretty much since that storyline began. We even knew it was Unique when Marley confessed. I would much rather see Unique get an actual love interest (probs too controversial, even for Glee, which is saying something considering the show uses racial epithets as cute nicknames). Alas, the closest Unique will probably get to a boyfriend is that time Mr. Schue creepily complimented her (“Lookin’ good, Unique.” Remember?) after being a huge jerk earlier in the episode. Ew.

Lord Tubbington – Best Alibi

I choose to believe that Lord Tubbington has committed all of the crimes Brittany has accused him of. But he will never be convicted. Because he is a cat.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/10/2013, 4:53 pm

I don't like at all that some of the "blame" is even indirectly targeted at Chris because in a show that is studio produced, professionaly directed and shot the actor doesn't have that much leveradge. Just like you said arina, Chris is being directed at every scene and director also has to deal with the editor and then approve everything with producers. No way does Chris have any say in that chain of command.

I think this kind of speculation comes from the fact that no one can seriously believe that a studio professionals are agreeing with this kind of monster of a shows excistance as it is. Looking for someone to blame is just wrong! Looking for a reason in the most visible part of the show ie. an actor is singling out because it's an easy way of trying to find reason out of this chaos. (Not blaiming anyone here, I know this subject came up with a quote.)

An actor can do only so much with crap. I suspect Kurt's screentime, fully Kurt related, speaking time without songs this season must be less than 30 minutes so calling Kurt vague by those minutes sound fishing. I wonder now that the season ended if someone has counted those precious minutes.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/10/2013, 5:02 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:I don't like at all that some of the "blame" is even indirectly targeted at Chris because in a show that is studio produced, professionaly directed and shot the actor doesn't have that much leveradge. Just like you said arina, Chris is being directed at every scene and director also has to deal with the editor and then approve everything with producers. No way does Chris have any say in that chain of command.

I think this kind of speculation comes from the fact that no one can seriously believe that a studio professionals are agreeing with this kind of monster of a shows excistance as it is. Looking for someone to blame is just wrong! Looking for a reason in the most visible part of the show ie. an actor is singling out because it's an easy way of trying to find reason out of this chaos. (Not blaiming anyone here, I know this subject came up with a quote.)

An actor can do only so much with crap. I suspect Kurt's screentime, fully Kurt related, speaking time without songs this season must be less than 30 minutes so calling Kurt vague by those minutes sound fishing. I wonder now that the season ended if someone has counted those precious minutes.

Great post I agree 100%. I for one am 100% on Kurt's side when it came to the cheating storyline.It was wrong of the writers not to show Kurt's side of this or much of Kurt's side. All of my sympathies lie with Kurt.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/10/2013, 5:22 pm

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
valkeakuulas wrote:I don't like at all that some of the "blame" is even indirectly targeted at Chris because in a show that is studio produced, professionaly directed and shot the actor doesn't have that much leveradge. Just like you said arina, Chris is being directed at every scene and director also has to deal with the editor and then approve everything with producers. No way does Chris have any say in that chain of command.

Great post I agree 100%. I for one am 100% on Kurt's side when it came to the cheating storyline.It was wrong of the writers not to show Kurt's side of this or much of Kurt's side. All of my sympathies lie with Kurt.

But kurt cheated first! Remember Chandler? And that super hot song blaine performed? Remember? Blaine admitted he was wrong, but kurt never did!

^^this is the kind of bullshit I have to read everyday from Klainers. And that's exactly what it is. Bullshit.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/10/2013, 5:32 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:

But kurt cheated first! Remember Chandler? And that super hot song blaine performed? Remember? Blaine admitted he was wrong, but kurt never did!

^^this is the kind of bullshit I have to read everyday from Klainers. And that's exactly what it is. Bullshit.

I agree 100%. this kind if thing is bullshit.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/10/2013, 5:35 pm

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:

They could've totally brought the Warblers, and by extension Sebastian, back instead of the Waffle toots.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/10/2013, 5:37 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:

They could've totally brought the Warblers, and by extension Sebastian, back instead of the Waffle toots.
True.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/10/2013, 5:38 pm

I know some Klainers have for years called Kurt all kinds of horrible things and that's their right, but I'm just fuming that now that Kurt's time to even be "nasty little bitch" (one of the worst ones that I remember) has been cut down they moved forward to blame Chris for ruining their precious OTP.

Chris is playing this weirdly, why isn't he making Kurt smile here, howcome Chris gives conflicted portrayal of Kurt...etc.

This sudden turn of events and trying to find reasons makes me even more upset than the shitty S4. Neither Kurt nor Chris can ever win with some of these hardcore OTP shippers. They will find a way to blame someone other than Blaine or Darren that their daydreams of Klaine were over promoted and ruined by entirely different people than either of the actors.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/10/2013, 5:44 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:I know some Klainers have for years called Kurt all kinds of horrible things and that's their right, but I'm just fuming that now that Kurt's time to even be "nasty little bitch" (one of the worst ones that I remember) has been cut down they moved forward to blame Chris for ruining their precious OTP.

Chris is playing this weirdly, why isn't he making Kurt smile here, howcome Chris gives conflicted portrayal of Kurt...etc.

This sudden turn of events and trying to find reasons makes me even more upset than the shitty S4. Neither Kurt nor Chris can ever win with some of these hardcore OTP shippers. They will find a way to blame someone other than Blaine or Darren that their daydreams of Klaine were over promoted and ruined by entirely different people than either of the actors.

Great post. I think a lot if not most Klainers are really Blaine can do no wrong stans.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/10/2013, 5:45 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:I know some Klainers have for years called Kurt all kinds of horrible things and that's their right, but I'm just fuming that now that Kurt's time to even be "nasty little bitch" (one of the worst ones that I remember) has been cut down they moved forward to blame Chris for ruining their precious OTP.

Exactly. These people are awful. And it almost seems like Darren encourages them to be assholes. Kurt may have been a bitch in the first 2 seasons, but he was also heartbreakingly sensitive and sweet. He had so many layers and feelings. What the hell does Blaine have? Also, it sickens me when people portray Kurt as this whiny little girl and Blaine the big strong man in fanfiction. Hell. To. The no.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/10/2013, 5:52 pm

i agree that whatever chris is doing on screen it's either directly by the director/script to do so or his acting chose is approved by the director to be a better intepretation. actors cannot do whatever they want. making a movie/tv show is a team project. the writer and director are the bosses. actors, cinematographers, lighting people, set designer, waldrobe, props... they all have to follow directions, or else the movie will fall apart if each one wants to follow his/her own intepretations. say the actors hate the ship and want to play the couple as distant/cold, while the script tell them to say "i love you" to each other, and the lighting guy who also hate the pair casts a strong shadow from below and make them both look like insane killers, and the walldrobe guy give them teh same outfits because he ships the pair so much that he wants them to look like twins, and the music person add some new age music/chants in the background because he thinks it should be a serene moment, and the camera man incorporates weird camera shakes to create more "action" for the pair... now it's up to us viewers to inteprete what the hell is going on there! lol
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 5/10/2013, 5:54 pm

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 23 Tumblr_mmkz0hOjXj1rdv3sxo2_500

I'm only posting this to prove that all those morons on Tumblr and AfterElton who say awful things about Kurt and Chris for not even looking at Blaine in the Breadstix scene are not only the world's biggest idiots but also blind. Here we have Kurt looking at Blaine. Will that satisfy them so they can shut up and stop criticizing Chris or his acting choices?

Last edited by sheny on 5/10/2013, 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/10/2013, 5:56 pm

sheny wrote:General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 23 Tumblr_mmkz0hOjXj1rdv3sxo2_500

I found randomly while I was for new Kurt gifs on tumblr. Obviously all those morons who say awful things Kurt or Chris for not looking at Blaine at all are not only the world's biggest idiots but also blind. Here we have Kurt looking at Blaine. Will that satisfy them so they can shut up and stop criticizing Chris or his acting choices?

Good job, but unfortunately I can't see Chris's face now. crycry
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 5/10/2013, 6:08 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
sheny wrote:General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 23 Tumblr_mmkz0hOjXj1rdv3sxo2_500

I found randomly while I was for new Kurt gifs on tumblr. Obviously all those morons who say awful things Kurt or Chris for not looking at Blaine at all are not only the world's biggest idiots but also blind. Here we have Kurt looking at Blaine. Will that satisfy them so they can shut up and stop criticizing Chris or his acting choices?

Sorry I found it on tumblr and there were not pictures from another angle :(
Maybe a gif of this cutie can cheer you up
General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 23 Tumblr_mmkvmcl1ch1qaedvuo3_r1_250

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 5/10/2013, 6:21 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:(...) it almost seems like Darren encourages them to be assholes. (...)
I don't know about Darren, but I'd agree insofar about Blaine as you have to at least condone assholish behavior to advocate someone who is glorified for being a douche on a regular basis. So I'm not surprised in the least Blaine's fans tend to share traits with the character they stan for.

sheny wrote:I'm only posting this to prove that all those morons on Tumblr and AfterElton who say awful things about Kurt and Chris for not even looking at Blaine in the Breadstix scene are not only the world's biggest idiots but also blind. Here we have Kurt looking at Blaine. Will that satisfy them so they can shut up and stop criticizing Chris or his acting choices?
They see and hear what they want to see and hear. Wasn't there someone complaining a while ago that Kurt never talked about Blaine while poor Blaine allegedly pined for him all the time? When it was basically the other way round and Blaine was brought up in every NY-episode while Blaine crushed and ogled otherwise, Kurt forgotten?
Those people sure are annoying and will hardly be convinced to change their minds, but their opinions are still ludicrous.
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/10/2013, 6:22 pm

I love how Naya/Santana in the backround sees Kurt's enthusiastic bouncing up and down and sort of lady-like joins it. Either Naya knows that the camera is targeted at the most funniest reaction in the choir room or the creative bouncing inspired her. uhuhu
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/10/2013, 6:22 pm

sheny wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:

Sorry I found it on tumblr and there were not pictures from another angle :(
Maybe a gif of this cutie can cheer you up
General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 23 Tumblr_mmkvmcl1ch1qaedvuo3_r1_250

He really is such a child, sometimes. He acts like a little kid, and its adorable. wub
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/10/2013, 9:21 pm

I think you hit the nail on the head here. They need to blame something, someone for not getting their Klaine after expecting it from Glee (because everyone just luvvs Klaine) and bragging about it to the rest of the fandom.
They of course cannot blame Ryan and the other writers, or GOBr (who has been trolling them), and certainly not Darren, because all these people are supposed to be on their side and love Klaine more than any other ship, or at least that is what the Klainers constantly remind the rest of the fandom of. Blaming either one of those people would make them (the Klainers) lose face, because it would mean they would have to confess that their influence on TPTB is not that great and TPTB don't deal them any favors in comparison to the other subfandoms.

So they blame Chris. Chris is the one who has not always been blind to Klaine's flaws when Darren kept waxing fancy poetry about Klaine, and Chris is the one who kept Kurt at least somewhat consistent during this season when it came to his feelings. The writers sure as hell hardly gave him any material to work with or to derive from how Kurt was feeling, so he had to make do with the little information he got.
I do believe that Chris played Kurt in a certain way, more out of necessity I think, because he got no decent POV in screentime or songs, and on top of that because I don't think that the writers told Chris how Kurt was supposed to feel. So Chris chose to play Kurt a bit distant and careful around Blaine, maybe ambiguous, but also very clearly still hurting and conflicted over the break-up, so he would get that across in the few minutes screentime he got to work with.

However, and this is the crux of the matter: they let him play Kurt that way. The directors, the editors, even the writers after the first few episodes after the break-up: they created that image/mindset of Kurt together. Even if it was indeed initiated by Chris (and I personally believe so), it was eventually what all people in the creating and producing process of Glee agreed upon how Kurt should act around Blaine after the cheating.
Ryan himself directed 'Come What May': he would have directed Chris to act differently if he thought that Chris was making Kurt too sad and melancholy, looking at Blaine from a distance with hurt in his eyes. Brad wrote Kurt's voice-over from 4x21, in which Kurt stated it was not as weird as it was before to look at Blaine and he didn't know if that made him sad or not: that was clearly putting distance between Kurt and Blaine. Brad also wrote 'Diva' in which he showed Kurt deflecting a compliment from Adam while mentioning his ex: that was a very telling and important scene. Ian wrote 4x22 in which Kurt firmly says they are not a couple, the same episode in which Ian mocks Blaine's ridiculous soulmate statement by mistaking Tina as Blaine's pregnant gf and letting Sam say twice(!) that Blaine wants to do him. And RIB approved of Kurt saying he desperately wants to be over Blaine in GABOF.

Making a tv-series is a team effort. There's no way that Chris is solely responsible for how Kurt acts around Blaine. If that was the case he would have been corrected and told to do what they (the writers and directors) wanted him to do. Chris might have had some suggestions and ideas as how to Kurt would react, but if so and he voiced them to the writers/directors: they listened and agreed with him, allowing him to act that way because they thought it was a good idea and it added to the story.

OTOH I think that RIB wanted Kurt's feelings to be ambiguous and unclear in the show for as long as possible, because they want to be able to still choose which way they want to go with Klaine next season. My impression is that they wanted to see what the reaction to this proposal storyline is (and it's very strongly negative), and maybe they are even still negotiating with Oliver about next year, so they had to keep Adam as vague as possible. As per usual they want to have their cake and eat it too. They want to write for Klaine to give Blaine even more to do on the show and to keep him hooked to one of the most popular actors/characters, but they don't want to show Kurt's POV much because that would make Blaine look bad, plus they don't want to develop and progress Klaine because they don't know what to do with them yet.

If Klainers want to blame anyone, let them blame RIB and the other producers, who have the final say in what will eventually be in the episodes and what not.
And let them also blame GOBr, Joaquin and Ryan Murphy (and even Darren) for trolling them the way they have with their Klaine 21 and proposal spoilers.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 5/11/2013, 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/10/2013, 10:08 pm

ot: the New Normal got formally cancelled! why am I cheering?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/10/2013, 10:37 pm

fantastica wrote:ot: the New Normal got formally cancelled! why am I cheering?

Oh really? I actually kind of liked that show.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next