Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10

+31
BlueJazz
azure
sjonnepon
msjoanlucette
ecka
coxfire
Ireth
Adamina
opals
Piciollina
ladydianab
sahhar
MissSoniaPP
M&M
Divalicious
brisallie
tanita_mors
glimmerle
arina
Delight
Glorfindel
Ranwing
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
MoviesAreLife
bayth
ChrisColferFan1
fantastica
ColferGirl
valkeakuulas
sheny
35 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10 - Page 34 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10

Post  Jellyrolls 3/4/2013, 12:13 pm

RIB and the writers have beat the Blaine adoration in the heads of the fandom that, and basically catered to the fandom that it is completely unacceptable to say anything bad about him anywhere.

Even when you are just giving your opinion without even being snarky, you are labelled a hater and criticized for giving your honest opinion of a song.

The entitlement and superiority of that part of the fandom is repulsive.

The only thing I can say is that I guarantee that this forum will never shut anyone down from criticizing Darren, Blaine, or any other character or actor associated with Chris. I will never hide this forum because of the harrassment of Blarrenstans who think that everyone is required to love Darren and Blaine--if they don't like our discussions, they shouldn't read here.

The only requirements here are that you love Chris, and respect your fellow posters. And the request that if you feel the need to vent excessively, that you do it on snark and bark out to respect those people on this board who are more Blarren tolerant than some of us.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10 - Page 34 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10

Post  Glorfindel 3/4/2013, 12:29 pm

Okay, found this in the lol Klaine tag and this is so true it hurts:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10 - Page 34 Tumblr_inline_mj5207GsBD1qz4rgp
tumblr
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/4/2013, 1:07 pm

Just to take everyone's mind off of the bad spoilers: someone made a gravity tilted video of 'You're All The World To Me'. It's pretty amazing how Matt and Jayma pulled that off.
Here it is:

rooots
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/4/2013, 1:36 pm

brisallie wrote:^
How unfair!!! So are you banned for giving your personal opinion? I used to think that forums are places to express what you think freely and respectfully at the same time.

By other side, I hate how some fans are so blind and they can't accept any critics toward their favorite one.

It's her blog, and she can invite or disinvite participation as much as she'd like. But if you don't want dissenting opinions, then say so. If you don't want comments that will "kill your squee" as she put it, than close the posting to comments. I've certainly done that when I posted items that I wasn't interested in getting commentary on. And everyone is entitled to their opinions, to have their favorites and support them. What I have no respect for, though, are those who protect their opinions by locking themselves in an echo chamber where the only opinions they hear are ones that reflect their own.

This is why I don't rule out TWOP, or other forums. Even if I don't post, I at least like to read the thoughts of others (including those that I don't agree with). It's healthy to get another perspective that sometimes gets you to see things from another angle. And it's one of the reasons like I do love this board so much. We don't always agree on things, but we respect one another.

And yeah... the Klaine fandom (especially those that are Blarren fans in disguise) are a bunch of self-indulgent and self-entitled twits.

Last edited by Ranwing on 3/4/2013, 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 3/4/2013, 2:00 pm

On the previous Batman theme, the ratings will keep dropping, have a lovely Catwoman quote:

"Cause when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us."

Just watched TDKR and snickered a little, to the amazement of others, when that one came up in the film. tonguue

valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 3/4/2013, 2:31 pm

I've given up.

Blaine has supplanted Kurt. There's no use in expecting anything else anymore. He's never going to be used the same way again. I really look at those rumors about Darren sleeping with Ryan and wonder if there's any truth to them, because what has happened defies all logic, especially in light of the People's Choice Awards. Darren won the Ryan's Choice Award, and nothing else matters.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 3/4/2013, 3:52 pm

that version of come what may was hideous. first of all, what the hell was that instrumental. i may have seen the movie a long time ago, but i do remember the song had an actual melody (maybe i'm confusing it with the full version). i'm not overly impressed with how chris sounds or how he was used.

i have yet to listen to other songs. i just got home from my study hall and remembered that there are new songs today.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/4/2013, 4:11 pm

I'm going to keep a rein on my disappointment because I want to see how CWM is staged and how it plays out. The one thing that will make Blaine getting the lion's share of the singing tolerable is if we really get to see Kurt's POV play out. We already know where Blaine's gel-soaked head is at when it comes to a possible reconciliation, but Kurt's feelings are still (for some) ambiguous. If Kurt is shown really observing Blaine during CWM, considering what being with Blaine means for himself, then I can stand it because the scene will be about Kurt (who has been so badly shortchanged in actual storytelling time) and letting his feelings actually be what matters here. As much as I hate to say it (and it feels like having a tooth pulled out using a string and a slamming door), the staging would make sense if the point of the scene is for Kurt, who is the one being pursued, to be in a position of observing and either responding to or rejecting Blaine's pleas.

That doesn't take away my anger over the fact that Kurt has been getting so few songs this season, and that we're going to be deprived of our traditional 18th ep solo or even having him on screen at all while Blaine has been getting multiple songs per ep, and often multiple duets and solos. That it's considered extraordinary for Blaine not to have a solo in an episode. Blaine has become the performing equivalent of a Twinkie - tasty at times, but junk food - whereas Kurt is the most exceptional dessert possible. We don’t get to enjoy Kurt nearly enough, but when we are able to have him, it’s a life-changing experience.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 3/4/2013, 4:29 pm

dryy Look who is promoting Glee's 500th performance. Why couldn't they use someone else for once. I don't like her but Brittany is singing in this song too. Why not her?
Spoiler:

Seriously this can't continue forever. Is Ryan that stupid and can't see that everybody except the Darren stans is sick of Blaine? Evil or Very Mad

I just discovered the ''lol Blam'' tag on Tumblr. I usually avoid that kind of tags, but this place is great so many Blam haters. Yay, I can't believe something like this makes me happy. All these awful spoilers ruined me.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/4/2013, 5:39 pm

with so many songs in that episode and they are doing multiple episodes at the same time they can easily make any other song the "500th" song. it's a matter of sequencing it on the books. they did that intentionally to promote him. someone is putting a lot of effort into shoveling him down our intestine. :angry:

all this negative reactions won't unheard. everything we write, all the tumblr posts... all of them are in public domain. RIB do not need to come personally to read anything. someone will, and somebody does, and the media hears it too. don't worry. all of this will back fire one day.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 3/4/2013, 5:58 pm

Lea and Chris are in the Sneak Peek too after 1:05. Chris is so handsome. I'll check Tumblr for gifs. This is the first Glee related thing that made me smile.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10 - Page 34 Tumblr_mj5n6o1BtO1qcy3j9o1_500Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10 - Page 34 Tumblr_mj5m109B5E1qfbgyfo4_1280Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10 - Page 34 Tumblr_mj5m7v9EkU1qfcdl6o1_500

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/4/2013, 6:40 pm

CloveGlee wrote:I've given up.

Blaine has supplanted Kurt. There's no use in expecting anything else anymore. He's never going to be used the same way again. I really look at those rumors about Darren sleeping with Ryan and wonder if there's any truth to them, because what has happened defies all logic, especially in light of the People's Choice Awards. Darren won the Ryan's Choice Award, and nothing else matters.
You never know what is fact or fiction.
If it is true, I pity Ryan's fiance David. I have heard these rumours many times before. So who knows. *shrugs*
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/4/2013, 6:41 pm

i ddin't watch that sneak peak video because seeing those guys bottomless makes me want to puke. :angry:
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 3/4/2013, 6:45 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10 - Page 34 Tumblr_mj5njyJVwq1qaxxelo1_r1_250Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10 - Page 34 Tumblr_mj5njyJVwq1qaxxelo2_250

Gorgeous wub Too bad they are using him to promote Darren and Heather's song.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10 - Page 34 Tumblr_mj5oo56wZB1qh97q8o2_250Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10 - Page 34 Tumblr_mj5oo56wZB1qh97q8o1_250

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10 - Page 34 Tumblr_mj5osxO5BA1rk8n9co1_1280

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/4/2013, 7:32 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10 - Page 34 Tumblr_mj5m109B5E1qfbgyfo4_1280
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 3/4/2013, 7:56 pm

fantastica wrote:i ddin't watch that sneak peak video because seeing those guys bottomless makes me want to puke.
LOL, my thoughts exactly. Didn't watch the video, but what the hell is that still picture? blinkk Is this just Glee's usual screwed up version of reality or do guys really jump around in their underpants in American High School clubs? I guess not, but I'm sure they deliberately chose that pic to get people to watch this, so I'm seriously side-eyeing their taste an choices.
Should have chosen one of those awesome Chris/Kurt stills instead... wub
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 3/4/2013, 9:18 pm

it's a homage to risky business - i guess the song is from that movie

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10 - Page 34 Risky-Business-Tom-Cruise_l

the only place guys should be pantless in any high school is the locker room.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/4/2013, 9:19 pm

sheny wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10 - Page 34 Tumblr_mj5m7v9EkU1qfcdl6o1_500

Thanks Sheny for the video, thought I haven't watched it. But Chris looks gorgeous in that gif.

And I've listened to the songs. First I have to say there're many for an episode, but I get used that instead of a plot, Glee prefers lots of songs to express any emotion from their chracters, or simply because they don't know how to write a dialogue.

Come what may: I can't believe I'm saying this, but the duet part it doesn't sounds so bad, but is true that is mostly a Blaine song plus Kurt doing the background voice. Pretty much like the film, but they could have changed some details. And how I'm not even a fan of the original song, it was ok for me.

Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend/Material Girl: The mash-up was well done, and also Unique and Marley sings well. A nice song to dance.

Footlose: It is me or all the boys sound the same? I think Kevin and Jacob probably, are the only ones who have a different voice. The song is ok.

In Your Eyes : I like they're giving songs to sing to Will/Matt. This ons in particular it was good, it has a softness that I like.

Old Time Rock And Roll/Danger Zone: Top Gun, right? Is the first thing that came to my mind. Is sounds just like in the film, so is ok.

Shout: I don't like it. Though is a fast song, for me is boring.

Unchained Melody: Just like the one from the film, so it was ok for me. Though, I won't deny I like Jacob voice.

You're All The World To Me: From which movie is the song? It has a 40's style that I like. And as I said before with Will/Matt, I'm glad they're giving the opportunity to Jayma/Emma to sing.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/4/2013, 9:51 pm

tanita_mors wrote:it's a homage to risky business - i guess the song is from that movie

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10 - Page 34 Risky-Business-Tom-Cruise_l

the only place guys should be pantless in any high school is the locker room.

Let's just say a prayer of thanks to Grilled Cheesus that Blarren isn't dancing around in his tightie whities.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/4/2013, 10:02 pm

blarren wouldn't be dancing in his tightie whities. he would be dancing w/ his sausage and eggs dangling in front of RM. Twisted Evil
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/4/2013, 10:03 pm

Instead of buying CWM, I made a donation to the Mr. Holland's Opus Foundation in Chris' Honor. This is a foundation that provides musical instruments to schools where funding has been cut.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/4/2013, 10:08 pm

that's really thoughtful! chris will definitely like what you did. i also want my money to be well spent on useful things. glee is not the place to waste even a penny these days. i also will not watch the show because i dont want to contribute to the ratings in anyway. any chris parts will be clipped and saved on youtube. no need to watch the whole thing and get your blood boiling week in and week out.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/4/2013, 10:44 pm

I am trying very, very hard not to try to read too much from that 0.3 second clip of Kurt from CWM. Trying and failing. It's like trying to read the future in tea leaves, but I'm facinated by the expression on Kurt's face.

It's going to be Kurt's response to all of Blaine's proclamations of love in CWM and what I'm getting from that image? Wistfullness. Not passion or wanting to run into Blaine's arms. It's quiet and a little reserved.

So I'm holding onto my slender thread of hope that rather than being the moment of reuniting that the Klainers are clammoring for, this is the farewell for Klaine. At least for now. Kurt has moved on. He can acknowledge love for Blaine, but the fantasy that this song embodied - the romantic dream of a young man flush with first love - is over. Maybe at some point in the future they can build a new relationship, one as adults with the experience of adults who have both been in other relationships and had a taste of the real world. For me, a perfect conclusion for this scene would be Kurt answering Santana's comment about CWM being Kurt's theme for his wedding to Blaine with a quiet comment that it was a nice dream while it lasted, but there comes a time when childish fantasies need to get put aside. And then share a gentle kiss with Adam before changing his Facebook status from Single to In a Relationship With Adam Crawford.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 3/4/2013, 10:58 pm

The spoilers are frustrating, it is also frustrating that it just seems convenient that Blaine's part of the song is like the movie, therefore justifying that he gets to sing more. Hasn't he sang bloody enough? Also sad that Chris has said for 2 years about singing CWM and then he ends up just being a back up singer. I am dammithoping that the McKinley overload for most of the season, with little exploration of NY will give way to a little evolution in the last 4 episodes of the year. Evolution might mean Kurt really deciding to make things work with Adam, and perhaps Blaine might spend season 5 not winning much at all. Then I look at Rachel, and even when they don't have her win, they marginalize it. She doesn't plan on dancing, so not being successful there doesn't matter much. Kurt won by the closest margin in school history. So they will probably do the same with Blaine. It would be great if Carmen said he had no soul, and seemed to need back up singers to fill out his not strong voice. Nah, never happen. She'll probably offer to have his children.

The writers don't seem to realize, or perhaps they are pandering to fandom too much to change, but making both so very successful takes you out of their journey. You know they will be sprinkled with fairy dust and success will follow them like a dog following a steak dinner. Same with Jarley, good looking kids with problems that are talked about, and then forgotten, to be brought out when they want to show what underdogs they are. What I see are a bunch of good looking people with made up problems, and I don't care. At this point the only futures I want to see are Kurt and Finn. They are wonderfully flawed, and much better without their "soul mate".

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  SippyCupofLuv 3/4/2013, 11:23 pm

Ranwing wrote:I am trying very, very hard not to try to read too much from that 0.3 second clip of Kurt from CWM. Trying and failing. It's like trying to read the future in tea leaves, but I'm facinated by the expression on Kurt's face.

It's going to be Kurt's response to all of Blaine's proclamations of love in CWM and what I'm getting from that image? Wistfullness. Not passion or wanting to run into Blaine's arms. It's quiet and a little reserved.

So I'm holding onto my slender thread of hope that rather than being the moment of reuniting that the Klainers are clammoring for, this is the farewell for Klaine. At least for now. Kurt has moved on. He can acknowledge love for Blaine, but the fantasy that this song embodied - the romantic dream of a young man flush with first love - is over. Maybe at some point in the future they can build a new relationship, one as adults with the experience of adults who have both been in other relationships and had a taste of the real world. For me, a perfect conclusion for this scene would be Kurt answering Santana's comment about CWM being Kurt's theme for his wedding to Blaine with a quiet comment that it was a nice dream while it lasted, but there comes a time when childish fantasies need to get put aside. And then share a gentle kiss with Adam before changing his Facebook status from Single to In a Relationship With Adam Crawford.

OMG! After months of lurking in this forum, I've finally signed up because I HAD to reply to this!

So much THIS! "Wistfulness" is EXACTLY the word I was thinking when I saw that CWM clip. Almost like he's wandering 'outside' of it all, looking on the 'dream' he had with Blaine, detached and reflective, observing 'what was' but he's now moving on from.

I've always thought CWM would be a Kurt letting go of the 'teenage dreams' and 'fantasy romance' as he's moving on to the reality of an adult life and relationships and more realistic (and healthy) views on romance. Not that he's giving up on romance, but GROWING up.

Thanks for posting this. Now I don't feel like I was imagining Kurt's expression. Smile

SippyCupofLuv
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next