Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

+32
ladydianab
BlueJazz
bayth
sjonnepon
Dame Loli
emilynna
MissSoniaPP
brisallie
sheny
coxfire
opals
glimmerle
arina
valkeakuulas
CloveGlee
Ireth
Delight
tanita_mors
Glorfindel
Catt24
Divalicious
ColferGirl
sahhar
M&M
Ranwing
zuppid
fantastica
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
MoviesAreLife
Jellyrolls
36 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 38 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  fantastica 3/31/2013, 1:10 pm

^ Great post! I agree, and I am so happy you have decided to join. Welcome LittleSong! Smile

you mentioned that RIB was surprised at the reception Adam got and i noticed that too, and I also wonder if they decided to hold him back so it wouldn't jeopardize klaine's future reunion. they dont want people to root for kadam. sigh...
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 38 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  Lottie2303 3/31/2013, 1:13 pm

fantastica wrote:^ Great post! I agree, and I am so happy you have decided to join. Welcome LittleSong! Smile

you mentioned that RIB was surprised at the reception Adam got and i noticed that too, and I also wonder if they decided to hold him back so it wouldn't jeopardize klaine's future reunion. they dont want people to root for kadam. sigh...

banzai : sad but most likely very true No .

Hello, LittleSong! My first post was also just a long rant. You'll feel at home here very soon and it is quite addictive!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/31/2013, 1:19 pm

you are not the only two people who joined hte forum from this thread. this place is a hair saver for those of us who want to pull our hair out everytime glee does something stupid.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 3/31/2013, 1:33 pm

this place is a hair saver for those of us who want to pull our hair out everytime glee does something stupid.
which basically means every single episode. stupid central 24/7.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 3/31/2013, 1:42 pm

With Adam having a positive reception, writing wise, it would be smart to continue his story next year. I mean, once they get Klaine together, just like Finchel, what do they do? It is easier to keep them apart until the end of the series, so their happily ever after can be whatever their fans imagination want. If they have an agreeable talented actor, why not use him? Yes, I know, their hard on is for perfect Blaine. My only defense is that I don't think they are planning on Brittana either. If they find another girl I think everyone will jump on the new partnership, so why not Kadam also? That way their star, Rachel, has their perfect happy ending. Brittana and Klaine remain best friends (after Blam and Blatina Mad ). In the end, it was Kurt's journey to acceptance and happiness that started this inspiring storyline, before being hijacked by Blaine, it should end with him.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/31/2013, 2:32 pm

all this end game crap is really bothering me. not that I don't believe in long lasting love but love is something you have to work VERY HARD to maintain. there's no such a thing as end game if you don't actively involved in nurturing a relationship. people grow apart. sure there are some couples who remarry after a divorce but chances are good that they will split yet again, unless one or both of them are so old that "til death do us apart" comes first.

what's bothering me the most is that the people who are calling for end games are the people who probably never had a real, serious, long term relationship. or some desperate housewife whose own marriages aren't exciting enough that they invest all their hopes and energies on a fictional couple in order to fulfill their childhood dream of marrying a prince charming. yeah, real life often disappoints if you get brain washed by fairy tales. that would explain why they don't want any reality-based portrayal of these couples. they want to project their own fantasy on them, and this is very bad for compelling story-telling.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/31/2013, 3:00 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I could see Darren in a 'new girl' kinda show and I could see him kind of successful. He has charisma... But enough about him, as I actually don't care what he does once Glee is over. I really have to stop talking about him.

I think Chris does the best out of his situation by creating his own projects, doing unconventional projects (come one, who would have ever expected a children book? Turned out to be a stroke of genius). In case he will fail, at least he lost fighting badly. From all the Glee cast, he is the one making the smartest decisions and not just following the expected route (recording contracts, bad parts in bigger Hollywood movies which might be more damaging then helping *cough* New Years Eve *cough*). I don't see him as a movie star, only in small independent movies. Hollywood is to bigot to cast him in larger projects. Sad, but true. However, I could see him in television and wouldn't be surprised if Showtime/BBC America/HBO might be interested to work with him. At least, that is my dream scenario that Chris gets a big role one day a la 'Dexter', 'Six Feet Under', 'Homeland', 'Breaking Bad' and all those other great shows. Also, I totally hope that he will grace the stages of Broadway one day.

Okay, it is Chris Colfer, I admit it. I want him to win Oscars, Tony's, BAFTAS, Emmy's and Golden Globes. I am biased, but it would be devastating to witness how he might potentially fail crycry .

This is exactly how I feel about Chris, especially the last sentence. And you know what? I really do believe he will be the one to have the most solid and successful career after Glee and not just because he is my favorite. He's got everything. The positive reputation, the talent, the intelligence, the insane work ethic. I'm not worried about him at all. He strikes me as a Tyler Perry type. He is a genius in front of and behind the camera, which works in his favor. He is not a one trick pony....he can act, he's good looking (even though he probably laughs at the whole model idea), he can sing despite not wanting a recording career, he can write for screenplays and novels, he can act onstage as well as onscreen, he can make costumes and build sets as well. He even knows he'd make a good director.

Hi, LittleSong! baibai

Thank you, Kim. This "endgame" crap is the most obnoxious, childish concept I've seen in a while. How can anyone with half a brain believe in that stuff? It does not apply to real life. It makes me want to barf.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 3/31/2013, 3:06 pm

Almost all shows have an endgame couple. But it is ONE couple and that it is. Usually that couple also has a reason why they should be together, expect convenience of the lazy script writers. In Glee-verse, it feels like, every single one is destined to be forever. It kills the show, the characters and potential storylines. It is just stupid.

Biggest problem of Glee is actually that they have no idea how to write a happy, successful relationship. All needs to resolve around drama. It is tiring and I am actually a bit terrified how they ruin Adam in order to make Klaine work again No .

Yeah, I believe Chris will be fine too. As I said in case he fails, we know he did everything in his power to remain successful. But from all actors of Höee, I truly believe he has the best chances. And I am also saying this without my Chris glasses.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/31/2013, 3:10 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Almost all shows have an endgame couple. But it is ONE couple and that it is. Usually that couple also has a reason why they should be together, expect convenience of the lazy script writers. In Glee-verse, it feels like, every single one is destined to be forever. It kills the show, the characters and potential storylines. It is just stupid.

Biggest problem of Glee is actually that they have no idea how to write a happy, successful relationship. All needs to resolve around drama. It is tiring and I am actually a bit terrified how they ruin Adam in order to make Klaine work again No .

Yeah, I believe Chris will be fine too. As I said in case he fails, we know he did everything in his power to remain successful. But from all actors of Höee, I truly believe he has the best chances. And I am also saying this without my Chris glasses.

Kadam is lovely so far. I'm worried about how they will be thrown under the bus as well. :(

It's either a sweet, boring couple with no sexual fireworks (Tike), or a toxic couple that revolves around drama (Finchel). There is no middle ground.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 3/31/2013, 3:17 pm

Never though I'd say that, but they should hire some FF writers from the fandom. They might add some nice ideas in how to make a couple work! unsure
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/31/2013, 3:19 pm

Some of the FF writers are so talented!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/1/2013, 3:11 am

fantastica wrote:i just want to ignore blaine. the more i think of him the more angry i get, and it's just silly to ruin my sanity and health by a fictional character. so i very much appreciate my fellow posters to put his photos in spoiler tags w/ a warning. it really helped. not everybody enjoy looking at his face. i can't stand him anymore. i have to go back and replace all his solo songs w/ original versions, because i am so sick and tired of his voice. i don't think there's one single character on glee that gets so much negativity right now. they really tried hard to make me hate him. i don't want to hate anybody. but i hate being shoved down my throat things I don't like.

Funny that you should say that. Just the other day I had a dream (nightmare?) where DC/Blaine was singing one song that I like listening to (i.e. Nathan Tasker's 'Love is the Compass'), and my reaction was a heart-felt wail of, 'Nooooo! Don't you dare sing that song! You're ruining it for me! Now I can't even listen to this song without imagining those exaggerated singing facial expressions! The song is now ruined! Ruined!'

I think my subconscious was trying to tell me something. I'm just not sure what ooppss

Ranwing wrote:
I highly doubt that Darren, or Blaine, would have had half the focus he's gotten if he was straight and paired with Rachel. He would have been lost in a sea of straight guys panting after Rachel (along with Finn, Jesse, Brody and Puck). He got that major media attention when he first came on specifically because he was paired with Kurt, who is as much a fan favorite as Rachel and with an actor who has of all the cast gotten the most critical acclaim and recognition (as far as awards go). It was specifically because he got to work opposite Chris (still IMO one of the best actors in television today) and because his character got linked at the very start with Kurt, that he became the "sensation" that he is today. Pairing Blaine with a girl would have utterly killed the very thing that made him at all compelling when he first came on the show. I can assure everyone here that if Blaine had been introduced and been straight, his character would not have survived past his initial three episode run.

Ah, if only they've really made Blaine fall for Rachel in BIOTA and kept it that way. I imagine that Glee would be a vastly different show from what it is currently.

Lottie2303 wrote:I could see Darren in a 'new girl' kinda show and I could see him kind of successful. He has charisma... But enough about him, as I actually don't care what he does once Glee is over. I really have to stop talking about him.

I should try to learn from you and adopt your attitude as well. There are times when I get very tempted to voice my grievances about Blaine. Then I ask myself whether I want to spend my time and energy discussing a character/actor whom I have no love for; and try to limit such an activity. It just seems healthier that way.

Divalicious wrote:In the end, it was Kurt's journey to acceptance and happiness that started this inspiring storyline, before being hijacked by Blaine, it should end with him.

I bemoan the death of 'inspirational' Kurt. In my opinion, the Glee writers had killed him last season (being portrayed as a failure in all things he strives for, and an 'inferior' gay) and this season (with his artificial Vogue and NYADA wins, low self-esteem and his inability to cut Blaine off decisively). Kurt still remains 'human' (thanks to Chris's portrayal of him), but the media's interest in Kurt is concentrated in his role as one half of a couple; as opposed to a unique, critically acclaimed character in his own right.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/2/2013, 2:28 am

I just want to comment on the ones saying about Chris's career after Glee.
Firstly I agree it can do with luck. Though I don't think Chris is the type of person to rely on that. I think he is too smart to think that is all he would have to rely on.
Chris has the brains and the talent. He has shown he can create his own opportunities.
Chris doesn't need another big break like Glee to stay a success. He can with the smaller ones he has created himself that could build up into I am hoping him creating his own production company someday.
He has a big enough fan base. And I'm sure his networking has created some useful contacts and friends for when Glee ends.
Chris is driven and works hard.
Before he talked that he had to work on as many projects as possible because those doors will close one day. Lately he has seemed more positive and doesn't talk about those doors closing.
Chris seems so indifferent to Glee thesedays. I don't think he cares anymore, but still wants Kurt to have that happy ending.
Chris (and I see this from lots of fans) feel that he has moved on or is moving on from the show.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/2/2013, 3:46 am

I respectfully disagree. Chris has at least one and realistically maybe two or three years left with Gee. He may have issues with the writing and the direction of the show, but I don't think Chris is dialing it in or not giving it all in his work on Glee.

Understandably some of his fans are fed up with the show but if Chris gets conservatively 50k + per episode that's over a million dollars a year Chris is getting paid. The show has opened many doors to him and continues too.

Not implying its just for the money, but I do think Chris still cares a lot about Glee.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/2/2013, 5:30 am

and not only that, but i really hope chris never slanders glee after the show is over. he should admit that the show had it's issues and problems, but anything more would sound ungrateful. this show made him the star he is. this soon to be 23 yo kid makes more money per episodes then what my mom can make in 10 years.

i really like what zach efron said about high school musical in a recent interview (and i'm not a fan of either him or those movies) - they made him the star he is and if people think he is going to dump shit on it they know nothing about showbizz or gratitude. to think that talent alone and good preparation is indicative of ones success in this bizz is naive. it will take a lot of luck and serendipity and it has nothing to do with chris, but with everyone else.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/2/2013, 7:46 am

Agree.

Once I read an interview of Dan Radcliffe, and though he wanted to stop being called "Harry" by some people, by other side he admitted that it weren't because of the franchise, he wouldn't be in the place he's now. So I think the same goes for Chris, despite of being a mess the last years, he can't forget it was Glee that it led him to be a breakout star. And then he did the rest, and he's still doing.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/2/2013, 8:56 am

tanita_mors wrote:and not only that, but i really hope chris never slanders glee after the show is over. he should admit that the show had it's issues and problems, but anything more would sound ungrateful.

I think Chris is too smart to make that mistake. He had stopped praising the writing on the show (as he once kept crediting the writers for the wonderful character of Kurt Hummel and tried to downplay his role as an actor in the creation process); but that's a far cry from slandering the show. Chris is honest, at least. I tend to side-eye any of the Glee cast who sings praises about the writing on Glee (e.g. Lea, DC, the actor who played Figgins).

Speaking of uprising stars who had been criticised of being ungrateful; Shia LaBeouf was in plenty of blockbuster movies during a period of time (the transformer movies, eagle eye, wall street, Indiana Jones), but after he dissed the Indiana Jones movie he was in, he kind of faded into obscurity. He's now doing Indie movies or something, but fact is, he's no longer as prominent as he once was.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/2/2013, 10:06 am

Actually I don't think it was that long time ago when I saw Chris praising writers somewhere. I also think that actors and other people from "inside" see the show totally differently than fans. Also I don't know if all of the actors watch Glee or if they are aware just of the scenes they are filming.

I agree it takes alot of luck to have success in showbusiness, especially to have long lasting success. There have been a lot of actors and actresses who were incredibly talented and I was so sure they have to be successful but sadly they just disappeared. There are so many artists and every day there comes new and younger, it's really rather miracle to get two good roles in row on tv.

The ability to write your own projects is of course big advantage but if there is not big fuss around you it's very hard to gather money to get it done...

And fans are so volatile, it's kinda easy to be big fan when there are forums and news to comment on and you see the person often on tv. But when the show ends, forums get more quiet, people find new hobbies, new shows, new obsession to discuss....
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/2/2013, 10:36 am

Chris has made a number of very smart choices in his career, which is still only in its very early stages. What is important is that besides his writing is his ability to network and he is very highly regarded by a lot of people in the industry. The fact that Rob Reiner cast him when they did the production of "8" (still available for watching on YouTube if anyone hasn't seen it yet), it showed that he was in the eye of some highly placed people in the business. Having a chance to perform alongside Brad Pitt, George Cloney, John C. Reilly, etc. is something that will serve him very well in the future. Unlike Darren, who might be a fan favorite, Chris is a darling of the people who actually make projects happen. A Golden Globe win and Emmy nominations mean something.

Sure, things can go badly and Chris could be one of those that become a Trival Pursuit game answers, but he's doing everything in his power to ensure that he's got a career when Glee is over. As much as I love his singing, he's a far stronger actor and I would love to see him not only do a serious film project, but a serious play on stage as well. He was amazing in "8" and showed enormous ability to give depth to a character (something we already know), as well as spot on comedic timing. My dream casting right now is for him to play Ensign Pulver in "Mr. Roberts", or Alex from "A Clockwork Orange" - two extremely different characters and both very well within Kurt's wheelhouse to pull off.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/2/2013, 11:57 am

I don't minimize the ability to "network" , I just think that trying to guess post Glee success for any of the cast is dicey. Too many outside projects involve more than just the actor to be a success.

There was an actor in "Friday Nights Live" who got offered 3 high profile movies roles back to back, two were big budget films costing over 200 Million each and the third was a prestigious director (Oliver stone) project. Relatively speaking all 3 movies flopped yet he's bein offered more roles but its still a toss up how his career will pan out. However he's being given plenty of opportunities because he's got the classic leading man look.

Chris will get more opportunities, I just hope it's things he enjoys doing.

The nice thing is if the "worst" happens(yes I'm being facetious) and glee continues to the full term of Chris contract to FOX, he will have had a high profile gig for 7 years on his résumé, doing side projects at the same time all by the age of 26. If by then he's made his second movie that he wrote hell have the opportunity for more.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/2/2013, 12:34 pm

You are talking about Taylor Kitsch, right ??? I haven't seen him in FNL, but having seen both Battleship and John Carter, I can honestly say I wasn't impressed. At all. Maybe the roles were rather one dimensional, but besides his obviously great physicality and good looks, not much acting there. And I still don't get why was JC such a flop. i have seen a million worse movies then that one. Not brilliant, but not a train wreck either.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/2/2013, 1:40 pm

tanita_mors wrote:You are talking about Taylor Kitsch, right ??? I haven't seen him in FNL, but having seen both Battleship and John Carter, I can honestly say I wasn't impressed. At all. Maybe the roles were rather one dimensional, but besides his obviously great physicality and good looks, not much acting there. And I still don't get why was JC such a flop. i have seen a million worse movies then that one. Not brilliant, but not a train wreck either.

JC was a flop because it was hideously expensive to produce and didn’t make its expenses back. Not everything Kirsh has done post FNL has been a flop – he was in the first Wolverine movie (and acting against Hugh Jackman is never a bad thing) and that film was a hit. I think that Kirsh’s problem is that the projects he’s selecting are action hero types and that has worked against him. He’s quite a good actor and very personable, but he’s not good enough to salvage a weak project. And he’s not a big enough name himself to be a real draw. Tom Cruise can fill a theater even with a mediocre film, but Kirsh isn’t in that league.

I wouldn’t mind if Chris stuck to smaller projects and indy films. He’s not the kind to do a big blockbuster type film because he’s too cerebral an actor. He needs to do projects that don’t insult his intelligence or ours. I’d love to see him in a Cohen Brothers project, or something along those lines where the humor is sharp and the plot and characters challenge the audience. I think that the key for Chris to have success past Glee is to be very careful about what roles he accepts so that he can avoid ending up in the kind of part that pretty much anyone halfway decent looking can play (the way Darren did in the Kristen Wiig film) or plays a slightly older variation of his Glee character (as Lea did in New Years Eve). He’ll need a break out role (to get away from his earlier break out role) and show that he can be something other than Kurt Hummel. And a bit of luck won’t hurt either. mrgreen
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/2/2013, 2:40 pm

I know why it was flop financially, but I don't get why it was so unpopular.The movie isn't really that bad. But, I got to say, 250 million is to much for a single feature that isn't Star Wars/Hobbit or something equally as extravagant. What was Disney thinking. For heavens sake, didn't the 3 LOTR movies combined cost like 300 million. Talk about a complete waist of money and on a relative unknown star and a really old and not quite so popular story at that.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/2/2013, 4:36 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Some of the FF writers are so talented!

Agree 100%.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/2/2013, 4:52 pm

I think Chris Colfer has the major advantage of a major and dedicated fanbase, critical acclaim, great networking skills, drive, courage to try out different/unconventional projects and is also universally liked by everyone who seems to meet him. Criss is popular but has no critical acclaim. Michele is some critical acclaimed but not well liked. Even before I've ever watched an episode of Glee, I read a lot of negative comments about her. She also doesn't do the smartest choices by only being in silly HW movies. Of course his career can always fail, but at least I know he will work his hardest to make it work. And as I said, from all the Glee kids, he actually has the best chances even speaking from a non-fan related perspective. He is being really, really smart and already works his butt of to stay in the business!

As much as I would sometimes read about Chris just badmouthing Glee, I do not ever want it to happen. Glee made his career. Simple as that! There is a good chance he would have never made it otherwise, as he is not a convectional actor (which will most likely help now, being in the business, in the long-run) and also because of the major competition in HW. Glee gave him some epic scenes and relationships. I also believe there will be a shift of tone in S5. Fox won't allow another season with less Rachel/Kurt focus. They are too popular and just cannot disappear from screen. S4, as bad it is as a fan, has officially proven how worthwhile and important they are for the overall brand!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next