Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread

+27
ColferGirl
sjonnepon
Delight
MissSoniaPP
brisallie
coxfire
Divalicious
FunnyLady
Ireth
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
emilynna
arina
BlueJazz
msjoanlucette
Dame Loli
sahhar
CloveGlee
sheny
M&M
Ranwing
fantastica
tamara04
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
31 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap9%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap68%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 68% 
[ 15 ]
4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap9%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap14%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 22

4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Empty Re: 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  tanita_mors 10/6/2012, 5:26 am

Teenage Dream re-dux. The performance got more cringe-worthy as it progressed. Hey, novel idea-- if you're too heart-sick to sing, stop singing. Pushing on like that is neither moving nor realistic.

My thoughts exactly. Darren was decent most of the episode, but during Teenage Dream he was in over-emotive mode. He looked like he was in physical pain. At which point you would think he would just stop being overwhelmed with such emotion, but no, he just goes on and on.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Empty Re: 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  valkeakuulas 10/6/2012, 5:37 am

Delight wrote:

- Kurt's anger, betrayal and hurt during the Klaine walk in the park. Chris really nailed that scene and made me feel for Kurt. You know how sometimes you see an actor trying to act sad, you can just tell that they are acting? I never got that feeling when it comes to Chris. There's snot, there's stuttering, there's voice cracking. The whole range of emotions that Kurt went through felt real. I like that Kurt's reaction wasn't just hurt, but fury as well.

About Chris' crying in this particular one (we've had to become experts unfortunately) was the fact that despite his eyes pooling with tears none fell and that is a whole another issue. Usually when some mediocre actors cry they start to vigoriously blink inorder to get those tears to fall, if Chris would have blinked he would have wet his entire face with those tears and also no blinking. It is a funny talent to have, being able to encompass feeling to your entire face and body to make the viewer physically see the pain.

It was also funny that during Don't Speak, the shows over facial emoters were counterparts: lets face it Lea and Darren do share quite similar 'pain' faces while two subtle, this time almost stoic performances came from Chris and Cory.

I've been really smug with my posts about Chris' talents after this episode and I'm not even ashamed of it. If the Klaine ship needs and blames the fans dividing because of it then fine, count me in as a Kurt fan all the way. I know some of us might sound as zealous and crazy in this board as some Blarren stans do elsewhere but I am just done caring if I'm labelled partial. I'm only in for Glee because of Chris so why pretend any othervise?
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/6/2012, 6:30 am

brisallie wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:...

I think more of the fandom are on Kurt's side.

Believe me they're 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 4247136565 Even those people who never were into Klaine, nor even were Kurtsies, are supporting him, because they think what Blaine did was something really awful and his excuse that he felt alone is not actually an excuse.Kurt also said he felt alone but he knew he was in a relationship and had a commitment with him. By other side, some passionate Blainers are happy that Blaine is single now. Personally I want a new boyfriend for Kurt, I don't know if is gonna be Chase or someone else but I want that.

However, I'm afraid what's planning RIB. Is this really an endgame?

As they are lessening the gay couples in the McKinley part of the show, I doubt they will pair Blaine up with anyone. Kurt could be a different story. If Chase does become an option the Kurt relationshipers will be as loud as they were during season 2. 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 1688725052

Ryan says Klaine is endgame, but we know how often he changes his mind. 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 3429310274

I am starting to think the Blaine stans are decreasing in size as they have probably moved onto another show. Teen Wolf comes to mind. Rolling Eyes

They aren't as loud as they used to be. Maybe a lot of them have stopped caring. 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 1688725052
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/6/2012, 8:34 am

ColferInspired wrote:

I am starting to think the Blaine stans are decreasing in size as they have probably moved onto another show. Teen Wolf comes to mind. Rolling Eyes

They aren't as loud as they used to be. Maybe a lot of them have stopped caring. 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 1688725052

I've been saying this for a long time. Darren is basically just a teen idol, and teen idols usually have a very limited shelf life. The fans either outgrow them, or lose interest because the next hot thing comes along. Their fall usually comes as fast as their rise.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/6/2012, 10:07 am

Since I was in a hotel room when I was watching the breakup, and was having internet issues, I wasn't able to properly review the episode as I normally do, so I've decided to rewatch and make my comments. Here goes:

So Jake and Marley are both poor? Wow. Prop department could have gotten better lunch tickets. I could go to staple, buy a roll of red tickets, and eat free at McKinely for a years on $10 investment.

Blaine and Britt having lunch together? That seems kind of random to me. Just co-miserating over their missing partners, I guess.

I love when Kurt says, "Thank God for earplugs. I love you both, but I don't want to hear any of that."

Finn calling Kurt little brother. wub wub wub I love Cory more every time I see him act opposite Chris.

LOL, at Finn naming his rifle Rachel. Finn really is in a tough place, isn't he. He's just so lost. I really wish they would let him find his place in the world. As horrible as they've handled Kurt on this show, I really think that they have handled Finn worse. It's really sucks that Glee has basically misused so many of their best actors (Chris, Cory, Matt, even Jane) so that the could elevate some of the weaker actors into more significant roles than their talents allow them to handle (Darren, Heather), and filling the cast with the likes of Alex and Samuel who aren't good actors or compelling characters.

Rachel really seems ready to pick things back up where they left them at the train station. She seemed so ready to just forgive and forget there.

What was up with Santana picking up Sue's nickname for Kurt? I didn't like that. I always kind of looked at Porcelain as a term of endurement for Kurt from Sue.

I have to say, I'm actually really surprised that I can understand just about everything Heather says now. I wonder if Heather took elocution lessons over the summer hiatis.

When I watch the phone conversation between Kurt and Blaine, one thing that really strikes me is how well Chris showed Kurt's maturity in the scene just with his facial expressions and body language. Kurt probably shouldn't have called Blaine when he was busy at work covering Isabelle's phones, though.

I'd buy a hot dog from you if you sold them at Madison Square Garden, Finn. Even though I don't like hot dogs.

"Barely Breathing" is one of my favorite songs, but I don't really like this version. I don't really like Cory and Darren's voice. I do think that Cory sounds great on it, though. His voice seems smoother on it. I wonder if Blaine would have been singing to an empty chair if it wasn't for Clint Eastwood's speech at the Republican National Convention. Oh, and there seemed to be a lot of Blaine ankle shots to satisfy Ryan's ankle fetish.

Um, Finn, you haven't sang in the showers since nationals? I'm honey, you just sang half of what probably was originally planned as a Blaine solo a minute ago.

Where did Blaine get the money to buy a last minute plane ticket to New York, and all those flowers? Singing at amusement parks doesn't pay that well. Blaine really has horrible parents to let him fly across the country at the last minute just to see his boyfriend. Oh wait, we're talking about Blaine here. He is loved an adored. Of course they let him go. They probably still wipe his ass when he poops, too.

Did you notice that Kurt smelled the flowers longer than the kiss lasted.

The whole Rachel/Finn/Brody conversation was kind of awkward. It just wasn't natural. I guess that Lea and Cory just can't carry Brody in a scene (I can't even remember the actor's name).

Not particularly fond of the Rachel/Brody duet. Lea's voice is just so much stronger than the dude who plays Brody. His voice is just flat (not in the sense that he's singing flat key wise, but in the sense that there is no dimension or character to his voice). He's just singing the song, not feeling it.

The whole Kurt not wanting to sing conversation was a bit of a slap in the face to us, wasn't it? "Risk page 6 spread? I don't think so. Vogue.com intern sings without warming up? I don't think so." To think that Kurt wouldn't want to take advantage of an opportunity to sing is just ridiculous. Kurt loves singing as much as anyone else.

I love the way Chris said, "Pascal." hehe.

Teenage Dream is really overdone. Darren really overemoted more than he ever has on the show. The transistions in the song were weird too. There were times when he seemed too out of control to continue and then he'd just get stronger. They scene would have been far more affective if they had made him too overcome to continue the song, and he just stopped singing after the first chorus. But no, they had to put the whole damn thing in for the stans.

I really feel for Finn feeling so lost. I really hope that they give Finn some direction before the show ends. They need to let him find his way. Finn really had no right to be angry about the Brody thing, though. He broke up with Rachel. He let her go. He didn't respond to her calls or texts.

As for Klaine, I have to say this whole Blaine felt lonely thing is ridiculous. Considered how loved and adored he is by everyone who ever sets their eyes on him, Blaine would never be in a poisition where he felt alone. I can understand him missing Kurt, and being lost without him near, but not him being lonely, and not him being alone. There was really no originality in Blaine's excuses. "It didn't mean anything." "It was just a hook-up." "I needed you, and you weren't there." Typical excuses and blaming that come along with guilt.

Chris was flawless in the scene, of course. You can see the pain on his face. You can hear the grief in his voice--with the fast delivery, almost like he is feeling so much, and he can't release it fast enough.

I don't know if it's just because we've haven't heard Cory in so long, but I'm really liking the way Cory sounds on the songs this week. He really seems stronger than ever. They seemed to turn up Chris's vocals on the Hummelberry harmonies for the show. It sounds much better than on the first listen version to me.

I don't know if this was intentional, but I like the way they did the lighting on the first chorus in the park when each couple is singing together. They have the hurt person in the brighter light, and the person who hit them in the shawdows. It's like a white hat cowboy vs. a black hat cowboy thing.

Furt harmonizing. wub wub wub Their voices blend together so well. They both showed their pain so well.

It bugs me that they shot this scene with Kurt and Blaine in bed together. Kurt wouldn't have let Blaine into his bed so soon after the revelation. Or even Finn and Rachel. If I had been directing it, I probably would have had Finn wandering around NY completely lost because that's the place where Finn is at right now, and Blaine alone on the couch or something. Blaine shouldn't have been in Kurt's bed at that moment--not after such a huge betrayal, not after the pain Blaine put Kurt through.

The Furt scene is my absolute favorite scene in the episode. Chris and Cory both nailed it, as they do everytime they share a scene. You can see their pain just by looking at them. Chris' delivery of the "I kind of feel like I'm gonna die" line was absolutely perfect--just so heartbreaking.

I love when Finn asks Kurt for a hug. That embrace is probably the best embrace ever on the show. That moment really shows you just how far Kurt and Finn have come, despite the fact that we don't really get to see it. When I take a moment to think about it, Kurt and Finn have really shared so much, and have really grown as friends, and then as brothers over the course of the series. Just take a few minutes to really think about how they have evolved from Kurt's hopeless crush, to where they are now. There is just so much affection, love, and warmth there. I have to make this next statement stand alone:

Furt is the best relationship on the show (despite the fact we see so little of it). It has evolved and grown more than any other relationship on the show, and is so pure and natural.

That is a testament to both Cory and Chris as actors. They have done such amazing work together. Gosh, I want more Furt.

To be continued...
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/6/2012, 11:46 am

I just had to watch the Furt scene a few more times. Gosh, Chris and Cory are so good together. There is just something so touching and moving about watching the two brothers together sharing their pain.

I agree with everyone that the left behind club storyline is ridiculous and a waste of time. I really don't like Kitty at all. She really is just a hybrid of Quinn and Santana, and it doesn't work.

The Finn/Mr. Schue relationship ship has always been a bit odd, but it's touching too. This scene makes me think about when Finn went to Mr. Schue after finding out Quinn was pregnant in season one.

I love that Finn questioned Blaine about what he did to Kurt, but I wish he had more anger in his voice instead of just cold. After Finn being so vocal about how much he hates cheating, I wish he had more anger towards Blaine for the hurt that he caused his little brother.

Ugh. I really can't stand Unique. I dread the day that they decide to do an episode when they explore Unique's relationship with his family.

I like that Finn was the one to come up with Grease. I like the grin on his face when everyone is cheering about the idea. I also like Finn's hair with the shorter sides. Cory is really looking better than ever right now.

Gosh, Will's story really is Burt's story. Going to Washington to fight for improvement of arts education. You know, for someone who has so many issues, they sure make Emma come across as a strong woman. It just seems kind of like the polar opposite of her OCD and other issues.

Once again, Chris shows how he doesn't need dialogue to convey emotion. You see more in his face when he is reading the card to Blaine than anything else. Chase has a weird face. I kind of don't want him to be Kurt's rebound guy. I really like the end of the dialogue in the scene, when Kurt says, "I'm OK. I'll be OK." It is like Kurt is brushing Chase off and doesn't want to get in on it. And he realizes that he's not really OK yet, but he knows he has the strength to get through this.

The Brittania scene is a bit weird to me. Santana's comment about sitting in the back row secretly watching Brit is just weird because that never really happened. Brittania were insepreable from the start. There was no pining. Santana really looks Naya's age. She seems to have gone to the Darren Criss Emote Face class. I don't recall Naya being that bad.

The part of the Brittania scene is actually quite touching. It really shows some maturity and growth within Santana. I'd like to that deep down Santana has to realize that she manipulated Brit into the relationship, and that in reality, she isn't doing either of them any favors by not taking the opportunity to look within themselves, and experience life to see if they are truly meant to be together. But then again, Santana is a promiscious bitch, and maybe she just wants to get her mack on more than a long distance allows.

Gosh, the Kitty/Jake/Marley triangle is really just a poorly written less interesting version of the Finn/Quinn/Rachel triangle from season one being acted by actors who aren't on the same level as Cory, Lea, and Dianna. What a waste of screen time.

I think that this last Finchel scene may be the best Finchel scene ever, and it's definitely the best acting Lea has ever done on the show. She delivered the lines so well, and she got the emotions right. And Cory did really good job in the scene, not because of his dialogue, but because he does such an amazing job of showing his emotional reactions to Rachel's speech with his expressions and body language. He is a lot better of an actor than people give him credit for.

Gosh, it's really depressing to think about how little they use their best talent on Glee so that they can elevate and waste time on weak actors who aren't capable of creating compelling characters that you feel for.

I kind of liked what they did with the scientist. Once again, you can see the pain in Chris' face, and you really see the pain and confusion in Cory's face. Heather doesn't sound like Heather to me. This song would have been really killer as a Furt duet.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/6/2012, 2:26 pm

I've already said that I love from the bottom of my heart the FURT scenes so I don't gonna mention that again.

Personally I think the broke up was good to the couples, because some of them need to figure out what to do with their life, like in the case of Finn and Santana, the first one have no idea what's going on with his life, because as we saw his military service apparently is done and it seems he's not going back to there; to be honest I think he will become a teacher at the end, Finn is the kind of person that need to be like a hero or inspiration for others and teaching can fulfill that aim. By other side, I don't think so Santana is going to finish College, I didn't see her so happy and secure about it. So I bet she will be in NY at the end.

I didn't care about Kitty/Jake/Marley, actually I press the botton of fastforwarding during their scenes. Actually instead of their scenes I would liked to watch more of Finchel, Brittana and Klaine. Or how some people have commented their scenes was a way to show the difference between young and puppy love and adult love, I understand that but anyway I didn't care about them and the left behind scene it wasn't funny at all, I felt bad for that Dottie girl :(

Though I've never been into Brittana, I won't deny their scene was emotional and I didn't expect that crying for Brittana, because Hemo is not the most skilled actress but she did well. I think Santana was right to broke up before things get worse, it was a smart decision and as I said above is going to help them to grow up, Brittany needs to be more independent and Santana realizes if she wanna be in College or somewhere else.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/6/2012, 5:01 pm

When rewatching I noticed that Kurt excused himself from singing in the NYADA karaoke bar (something about a Vogue intern being caught singing without warming up).
What?! antifana
These writers will do anything to make sure that Kurt doesn't get to sing, don't they?

This was like the Sam 'bro' lines in 'Makeover': RIB know darn well that they refrained from showing a friendship between Sam and Kurt because of 'gay reasons' while they want it now with Blaine. And they know darn well that we know that there are some actors who sing all the time while Kurt gets next to nothing.
So they try to excuse it and wave it away in canon by bullcrap lines like this. :angry:

I'd rather they would not mention it at all. This feels just like rubbing it in. smajli

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon 10/6/2012, 9:17 pm

Glorfindel wrote:When rewatching I noticed that Kurt excused himself from singing in the NYADA karaoke bar (something about a Vogue intern being caught singing without warming up).

yeah, i noticed that too, pissed me of.
and we have our excuse now why he doesn't sing.
sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 10/7/2012, 1:57 am

Glorfindel wrote:When rewatching I noticed that Kurt excused himself from singing in the NYADA karaoke bar (something about a Vogue intern being caught singing without warming up).
What?! antifana
These writers will do anything to make sure that Kurt doesn't get to sing, don't they?

I think it's Ryan Murphy who chooses the songs and which characters to sing them. It's time for a Kurt solo, all the other major characters already sang a solo or at least a duet. :(

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/7/2012, 2:25 am

acapella version of "don't speak" - u can hear kurt/chris a bit better.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 10/7/2012, 2:55 am

fantastica wrote:

acapella version of "don't speak" - u can hear kurt/chris a bit better.

Oooo, I love this!! wub wub It makes me want a Furt duet just that much more badly, Cory and Chris sound so wonderful together on their one part.
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 10/7/2012, 9:09 am

tanita_mors wrote:
My thoughts exactly. Darren was decent most of the episode, but during Teenage Dream he was in over-emotive mode. He looked like he was in physical pain. At which point you would think he would just stop being overwhelmed with such emotion, but no, he just goes on and on.

He looked as if his appendix is about to burst when he sang TD. What's even more unnatural is that Blaine was 'emotional' only when he's singing. In his scenes before and after the singing-at-the-piano part, he's totally calm and in control of his emotions.

valkeakuulas wrote:
It was also funny that during Don't Speak, the shows over facial emoters were counterparts: lets face it Lea and Darren do share quite similar 'pain' faces while two subtle, this time almost stoic performances came from Chris and Cory.

I guess Lea and DC are stuck with these over-emoting faces when they try to portray emotion on-screen because of their background as stage actors. As I understand it, Chris had been involved in community theatre work before his stint in Glee too, but he's able to do subtlety a lot better than his co-workers. Cory did only movies before he got his role in Glee right?

Jellyrolls wrote:As horrible as they've handled Kurt on this show, I really think that they have handled Finn worse.

I agree. I know that I'd be absolutely livid if they've put Kurt in the McKinley choir room as they did Finn (The writers tried-- for one episode-- and even that was galling and overly sadistic in my eyes). Now Finn seems to be in the choir room purely to bring in the TGP winner and to pull some interest to the ND storylines.

Why couldn't the writers come to realize the beauty and appeal of Furt and just show us more of the Hudmels and their interactions already? crycry

Stupid Glee and its missed opportunities...

Jellyrolls wrote:
What was up with Santana picking up Sue's nickname for Kurt? I didn't like that. I always kind of looked at Porcelain as a term of endurement for Kurt from Sue.

Yup, that took me out of the scene for a while too. Santana never called Kurt Porcelain. Maybe all the head-bitch Cheerios under Sue will come to imitate Sue in some manner.

Kitty's outburst after Jake dumped her, whereby she hurled a fellow student violently away from her, is also very Sue-ish.

Jellyrolls wrote:
Furt is the best relationship on the show (despite the fact we see so little of it). It has evolved and grown more than any other relationship on the show, and is so pure and natural.

^ Seconded. It's such a pity that the best written relationships on the show are also the least featured. I'd take more Furt over Klaine any day.

What?! antifana

When the concept of a karaoke bar first came up, my first thought was, 'Surely we'll be getting more Hummelberry duets now!' Instead, we got more... Brochel. And Blaine solo. I mean, Blaine's only been in NYC for one day and he's already sung his first solo. When is it ever going to be Kurt's turn?
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/7/2012, 9:13 pm

What?! antifana

When I saw that scene I remember a fic about Hummelberry and in that fic Kurt also was working in Fashion and rarely he sang on stage or anywhere due to his work. In the fic it was explained by himself that his boss and co-workers wouldn't like to see him singing. But in this case, I don't think so no one will mad about it. I mean Isabelle sang with him and Rachel.

So RIB stop doing excuses to not let Kurt to sing!

fantastica wrote:

Love it. Please RIB I want a Furt duet before the series is cancelled.

Delight wrote:...

I guess Lea and DC are stuck with these over-emoting faces when they try to portray emotion on-screen because of their background as stage actors. As I understand it, Chris had been involved in community theatre work before his stint in Glee too, but he's able to do subtlety a lot better than his co-workers. Cory did only movies before he got his role in Glee right?

I know both Lea and Darren came from an stage background but it was so different how Lea/Darren and Chris/Cory expressed their emotions during the bedroom scene. Personally I'd rather the subtle acting of Chris and Cory because the camera is focusing on your face and personally I don't wanna see those exaggerated gestures in your face. If it were a play , I'm ok with it.

Regarding Cory he used to do small roles on TV when he was in Canada. For instance once he was on Smallville, I think he was in the first season or second. I'll check imdb.

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 10/8/2012, 2:14 am

Delight wrote:
tanita_mors wrote:

He looked as if his appendix is about to burst when he sang TD. What's even more unnatural is that Blaine was 'emotional' only when he's singing. In his scenes before and after the singing-at-the-piano part, he's totally calm and in control of his emotions.

I thought the same when I watched it. He looked devastated during 'Teenage Dream' and even later during 'Don't speak'. But when he told Kurt what he had done, he looked as it wasn't a big deal. I cheated on you, I'm sorry but it was your fault. The apology sounded like he was apologizing for something small and irrelevant and not betraying 'the love of his life'. And when he was talking whit Finn later in the episode the same thing. He looked like nothing happened. I expected a least some red eyes from crying all night or something. But no Mr. Cheater slept peacefully all night while Kurt was awake waiting for him. Is the problem in Darren's acting or is it the director's fault? I just wanted to slap Blaine multiple times.

Last edited by sheny on 10/8/2012, 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 10/8/2012, 2:27 am

I think Chris is a perfectionist when it comes to his acting, the comments about his quietness leads me to believe this, he focuses on how his character would behave in a certain situation. So not only does he deliver the lines he is given, he delivers the intention. Blaine seems to give us the emotions and the lines, but not everything the character is feeling except when he is singing. How much of that is directors choice we will never know. I think Chris just brings it in everything he does, in case something makes it to the screen.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 10/8/2012, 11:28 am

sheny wrote:
Delight wrote:
tanita_mors wrote:

I thought the same when I watched it. He looked devastated during 'Teenage Dream' and even later during 'Don't speak'. But when he told Kurt what he had done, he looked as it wasn't a big deal. I cheated on you, I'm sorry but it was your fault. The apology sounded like he was apologizing for something small and irrelevant and not betraying 'the love of his life'. And when he was talking whit Finn later in the episode the same thing. He looked like nothing happened. I expected a least some red eyes from crying all night or something. But no Mr. Cheater slept peacefully all night while Kurt was awake waiting for him. Is the problem in Darren's acting or is it the director's fault? I just wanted to slap Blaine multiple times.

The problem is Darren's acting. I am prepared to believe that Blaine was broken by his own behavior, but Darren was only able to sell it while he was singing. He's just not as good an actor as Chris is, as there's nothing to be done about that. He's fair to middling. The show has worse, but he's got to go toe to toe with the master all the time and he can't do it.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 10/8/2012, 11:51 am

The problem is Darren's acting. I am prepared to believe that Blaine was broken by his own behavior, but Darren was only able to sell it while he was singing. He's just not as good an actor as Chris is, as there's nothing to be done about that. He's fair to middling. The show has worse, but he's got to go toe to toe with the master all the time and he can't do it.

Darren was so-so during this episode. He was good at times and plain awkward at others. I usually don't find him bad, just average, but this time...

The level of praise "Teenage Dream" received really surprised me. The performance was good at the beginning, but the end was so over-the-top it took me completely out of the scene. Too much eyebrows wiggling, mouth twitching, erratic change of pace... I really wonder if all these praises are genuine or not.

I have rewatched the episode and couldn't get through the performance a second time.

Compared to the Furt scene, or Kurt's part in the park that I've rewatched countless times, which were so subtly acted, or even Rachel's scene at the end, and I don't get how TD could be highlighted as the best acting moment of the episode.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon 10/8/2012, 2:50 pm

about Chris acting this episode:

with the others, i see somebody playing somebody else.
I see Naya acting and be naya, i see Lea acting and be Lea/Rachel, i see Darren who tries to be Blaine etc.

With Chris i just see Kurt, it doesn't feel like acting.
And that's a compliment, just to make that clear.
sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 10/8/2012, 2:58 pm

sheny wrote:
Delight wrote:
tanita_mors wrote:

THIS. Pretty much. It's like the swept the main issue (Blaine cheating) under the rug and focused more on Kurt not giving him any attention. I'm surprised Rachel or Finn didn't punch Blaine in the face (or Burt, for that matter).

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/8/2012, 3:48 pm

Teenage dream seemed like a nervous breakdown but the apology was shifting blame to Kurt. TBH, it's not the cheating but the anger towards Kurt by Blaine that bothered me most.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/8/2012, 7:23 pm

sahhar wrote:...

THIS. Pretty much. It's like the swept the main issue (Blaine cheating) under the rug and focused more on Kurt not giving him any attention. I'm surprised Rachel or Finn didn't punch Blaine in the face (or Burt, for that matter).

Is possible that Burt didn't punch Blaine in the face because Kurt asked to Finn don't tell him anything, don't know why, because we know how close and trusting is their relationship but it can be that Kurt doesn't want his dad involved in this. By other side, I don't understand how Finn talked to Blaine so calmly, we know that Finn get easily upset when there's something that's dont like him but my theory is they had this small interaction a day or two days later.

Regarding acting, personally I've perceived that for Darren is easier to communicate his emotions through music, but sometimes he's over the top. As some of you have pointed, he went from being slightly anxious before TD to almost faint during the song blinkk
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/8/2012, 7:57 pm

Well, I guess we have another lesson learned from Glee. Texting is cheating and a very bad thing, but hooking up with a random guy isn't so bad if your boyfriend lives 590 miles away, and has been gone for two weeks after you pursuaded him to go.

I'm trying to remember. Other than Quinn and Puck, has any of the cheating involved sex?

I don't think that Finn should have punched Blaine, but I do wish that he had more anger towards Blaine about it. Finn has been vocal about cheating on the show a couple of times, so it would have been nice if he had been nice if he had showed more resentment towards the guy who broke his brother's heart.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/9/2012, 4:16 am

^Quinn and Puck were the only 2 characters who cheated by having sex, besides Blaine now.

I wanted Finn to get angry at Blaine too, but at the moment I'm just glad that Finn mentioned it to Blaine at all.
I fully expect everyone to act perfectly normal around Blaine in the next few episodes, without any accusations, but only sympathy for Blaine's situation, the poor guy. vomit2

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 10/9/2012, 6:20 am

darren criss's "masterful" acting while doing teenage dream

Spoiler:

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 10/9/2012, 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Putting in spoiler tags to protect the eyes of our members. Enter at your own risk.)
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next