Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread

+27
ColferGirl
sjonnepon
Delight
MissSoniaPP
brisallie
coxfire
Divalicious
FunnyLady
Ireth
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
emilynna
arina
BlueJazz
msjoanlucette
Dame Loli
sahhar
CloveGlee
sheny
M&M
Ranwing
fantastica
tamara04
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
31 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap9%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap68%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 68% 
[ 15 ]
4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap9%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 22

4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  sahhar 10/5/2012, 2:23 am

Saw the episode. Long story short, Chris was amazing in this episode. The way he gets reactions out me when he performs is just insane. Such a raw, real performer. Love him.

Bullet points

-I don't blame Kurt for being invested in his job
-The fact that Blaine actually slept with someone, whilst being fully aware of it, was obviously wrong in my opinion.
-I am happy the writers took the bold step of making Blaine a flawed character and broke Klaine up.
-The Finn/Kurt interaction. Golden
-I personally hope Blaine gets some immense character growth from now onwards. Grows up, becomes more mature, and have to prove and fight for Kurt until the end of the season, if Kurt pines for him and forgives him quickly, I'm done. Blaine having actual physical relations with another guy whilst dating Kurt is a MAJOR thing, and they better not just treat it as something small.
-As for Kurt's future, I want exactly what Chris wants (his new Insider interview).

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Dame Loli 10/5/2012, 2:30 am

Good God! There's just too many Blaine's apologists out there.
Dame Loli
Dame Loli
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

http://dameloli.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/5/2012, 2:39 am

^ then stop reading those posts! neutre
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/5/2012, 2:39 am

sheny wrote:This definitely is a great way way to beg for forgiveness. Just run away and send a stupid card.

Kurt wasn't giving him any other options. He wasn't talking to Blaine at all so I don't think Blaine had any other choice but to head home and try to give Kurt some time to process. The flowers were a sweet guesture, but highly inadequate given the gravity of what happened. But right now, it was all Blaine could do. I expect that we're going to hear over the next several episodes that Blaine is trying to get through to Kurt in any way he can manage.

I'll be honest that eventually... after Blaine has seriously examined just why he did this and really understands how deeply he hurt Kurt... I'll be okay with them renewing their relationship. Hopefully Kurt will have gotten at least some dating in (even if we don't see him dating, I want it mentioned that he is dating). I need Kurt to have a chance to move past Blaine a little bit before he decides if he wants to take Blaine back.

I like the idea about Kurt and Sebastian, that would be great but I doubt they will do it.

Kurtbastian is one of my favorite alternate pairings. There's some very good fic written for them, including one of my favorites that I'm rereading now in honor of Blaine's infidelity (since it's cheating that caused the breakup in the fic too). It's called Of Bearcubs, Meerkats, and Hobbits and it's what I would have loved KUrt's senior year to have been like.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7922422/1/Of-Bear-Cubs-Meerkats-and-Hobbits
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/5/2012, 2:42 am

Dame Loli wrote:Good God! There's just too many Blaine's apologists out there.

Just ignore them. I am finding more on on Kurt's side anyway. They have really split the Klaine fandom.

I just want Kurt to date someone nice for a bit. That is all I want right now. 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 650269930

Blaine needs to continue to suffer. What he did was so wrong. After all Kurt has been through for the past four years, this is the worst thing someone who supposedly loved him could do.

I am going to love the fanfiction that comes out of this. As I am a Kurtbastian shipper in fanfiction, this is me said for Kurt, but joyous that it was Blaine was the one that come out looking bad not Kurt. 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 650269930
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/5/2012, 2:46 am

Ranwing wrote:
sheny wrote:This definitely is a great way way to beg for forgiveness. Just run away and send a stupid card.

Kurt wasn't giving him any other options. He wasn't talking to Blaine at all so I don't think Blaine had any other choice but to head home and try to give Kurt some time to process. The flowers were a sweet guesture, but highly inadequate given the gravity of what happened. But right now, it was all Blaine could do. I expect that we're going to hear over the next several episodes that Blaine is trying to get through to Kurt in any way he can manage.

I'll be honest that eventually... after Blaine has seriously examined just why he did this and really understands how deeply he hurt Kurt... I'll be okay with them renewing their relationship. Hopefully Kurt will have gotten at least some dating in (even if we don't see him dating, I want it mentioned that he is dating). I need Kurt to have a chance to move past Blaine a little bit before he decides if he wants to take Blaine back.

I like the idea about Kurt and Sebastian, that would be great but I doubt they will do it.

Kurtbastian is one of my favorite alternate pairings. There's some very good fic written for them, including one of my favorites that I'm rereading now in honor of Blaine's infidelity (since it's cheating that caused the breakup in the fic too). It's called Of Bearcubs, Meerkats, and Hobbits and it's what I would have loved KUrt's senior year to have been like.

[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7922422/1/Of-Bear-Cubs-Meerkats-and-Hobbits
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7922422/1/Of-Bear-Cubs-Meerkats-and-Hobbits[/quote[/url]]

I love that story, it is one of my favourites. 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 650269930

I am hoping it is Rachel that encourages Kurt to date as I don't think he would at this stage for as we know it would be hard for Kurt as Blaine was his first boyfriend.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/5/2012, 2:48 am

to be honest, most people who chooses to cheat prefer to keep things a secret, whether they feel guity or not. this is because telling the partner about the affair will only hurt them, and complicates things. there are only 4 sceneros I can imagine that teh cheating side will confess to their partner:

- he's trying to break up the relationship. in blaine's case, he doesn't, because he tries to get kurt back).
- he's either intentionally or at least subconsiouly trying to hurt his partner. this maybe true not because blaine is vicious but because he wants to share his pain w/ someone - someone he can trust.
- he is downright stupid and under estimate the consequence of his action. maybe there's some truth to this, since he can't seem to hide his guilt.
- he slipps or doesn't cover up his track well enough - not applicable here.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Loli 10/5/2012, 2:49 am

^I'm usually laughing at them while reading the lol blaine tag on tumblr, but some excuses these stans come up with (like that Blaine was raped or that it was only emotional cheating dryy yeah right, he sais hook up, not look up).

And dear god yes! Give me some kurtbastian anytime of the day (and this makes me remember that I have a big bang to write tonguue )
Dame Loli
Dame Loli
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

http://dameloli.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/5/2012, 2:54 am

From CloveGlee (Claire's) mini review:

Blaine neglects Kurt, so Kurt allows another guy to send him sexy texts. Blaine responds by singing him an insulting song in front of the entire Glee club.
Kurt neglects Blaine, so Blaine allows another guy to send him sexy facebook messages. Then he has sex with him. Kurt responds by quietly throwing the apology in the garbage.
That’s all. Think about it.

yup. but this is glee. dryy
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 10/5/2012, 3:01 am

fantastica wrote:to be honest, most people who chooses to cheat prefer to keep things a secret, whether they feel guity or not. this is because telling the partner about the affair will only hurt them, and complicates things. there are only 4 sceneros I can imagine that teh cheating side will confess to their partner:

- he's trying to break up the relationship. in blaine's case, he doesn't, because he tries to get kurt back).
- he's either intentionally or at least subconsiouly trying to hurt his partner. this maybe true not because blaine is vicious but because he wants to share his pain w/ someone - someone he can trust.
- he is downright stupid and under estimate the consequence of his action. maybe there's some truth to this, since he can't seem to hide his guilt.
- he slipps or doesn't cover up his track well enough - not applicable here.

There are two other scenarios:

1. You tell them because the guilt is gnawing at you uncontrollably and you just can't live with yourself unless you are honest with your partner. There may be an element of wanting to punish yourself for wrongdoing in there.
2. You think the consequences will be less dire if you tell the truth before you get caught.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  msjoanlucette 10/5/2012, 3:10 am

I was sort of disappointed in the episode.... Everyone made it seem like it would be so heartbreaking and great. but it was sort of dull. (maybe because of all of the spoilers I read?)
Chris, of course, is never ever ever dull. Smile But I mean, I sort of wished that he had more of a stronger part in the episode.
I should finish saying what I have to say so I can do my homework. lol.
There were of course moments that stood out that I liked: Kurt/Finn scene....Kurt singing....Chris acting....

Chris and Kurt are like my sun which i revolve around. Nothing else matters
msjoanlucette
msjoanlucette
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/5/2012, 3:28 am

I have been trying to get onto the GF but all I am getting is a community message telling me I cannot enter this community. It says it's a error message, so maybe I haven't been banned but it is an error for the site. 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 2176491633
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/5/2012, 3:39 am

^ i just went to GF and i had no trouble getting in. no error msg. try again.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/5/2012, 3:40 am

even if you get banned, that means you cannot login. you should still be able to read posts like before you joined.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/5/2012, 4:05 am

fantastica wrote:even if you get banned, that means you cannot login. you should still be able to read posts like before you joined.

I still can't get on. There must be a glitch with my IE. I might have to use another server. 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 357632081
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/5/2012, 4:08 am

your IE has some weird temper tendroms. tonguue btw do you still have trouble posting videos?

try this - clear your IE cache and see if things clear up.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/5/2012, 4:27 am

fantastica wrote:your IE has some weird temper tendroms. 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 3730135933 btw do you still have trouble posting videos?

try this - clear your IE cache and see if things clear up.

Thanks I will try that.

I did try Safari but still the same problem with GF. 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 4029858209

This happened with this forum a couple of days ago.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 10/5/2012, 4:32 am

fantastica wrote:From CloveGlee (Claire's) mini review:

Blaine neglects Kurt, so Kurt allows another guy to send him sexy texts. Blaine responds by singing him an insulting song in front of the entire Glee club.
Kurt neglects Blaine, so Blaine allows another guy to send him sexy facebook messages. Then he has sex with him. Kurt responds by quietly throwing the apology in the garbage.

yup. but this is glee. dryy
banzai THIS. Thanks for pointing that out in your review, Claire. It really shows the glaring difference in the treatment that both characters received.

Btw, did anyone notice that Chris referred Kurt as the "ugly side of a relationship" ? He broke my heart with that line crycry

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/5/2012, 4:50 am

BlueJazz wrote:
fantastica wrote:From CloveGlee (Claire's) mini review:

yup. but this is glee. 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 357632081
4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 3070767216 THIS. Thanks for pointing that out in your review, Claire. It really shows the glaring difference in the treatment that both characters received.

Btw, did anyone notice that Chris referred Kurt as the "ugly side of a relationship" ? He broke my heart with that line 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 1062082318

That was how they wrote Kurt all of Season 3, he was just being honest. I hope they have stopped that. It doesn't match up with the actor that is playing him, so it is insulting and laughable.

I can't believe there are some reviewers blaming Kurt. This is just not right. 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 3181402168
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 10/5/2012, 4:57 am

^ Well, some reviewers are pretty biased. Or maybe they were paid to do that. Sometimes, i feel like they are not watching the same show as me. So, no need to feel too upset about it.

Sigh, i can't get over the heartbreaking Chris' Insiders interview. Remember the time where Chris used to get praises for how Kurt inspires gay teens? Now he usually get Klaine-related questions and hate tweets from fans because of a fictional relationship. Sigh I feel your pain, Chris. And i wanna hug you so bad crycry crycry

Last edited by BlueJazz on 10/5/2012, 6:17 am; edited 2 times in total

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 10/5/2012, 4:58 am

ColferInspired wrote:
I can't believe there are some reviewers blaming Kurt. This is just not right.
What did they write?
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 10/5/2012, 5:23 am

I loved Finchel and Britanna was touching as well. I don't think the cheating stoline was necessary, Klaine could break up for long relationship problem (even if know it's too early for it, but it's Glee) and they would avoid all this blaming..

But it was what it was. I do think there could have been a reminder that Kurt was little self-absorbed during their conversations on skype (that it was not just about no being able to talk because of work) just to shut-up the those who always complain that Glee never acknowledge Kurt's mistakes... But still, that is no excuse for cheating, especially when Kurt barely left... I was suprised they really went with this road for Blaine... and I kind of expected to see more of Klaine, there was not even mentioned they broke up, I found out they really broke up after reading Chris' interview.

But I really like the episode overall, but I don't think it's the best one from all seasons how some people were saying.

My favorite scene was the Furt scene, thank you so much for not ruining them and give me more of them please wub

Last edited by arina on 10/5/2012, 7:25 am; edited 2 times in total
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  emilynna 10/5/2012, 5:29 am

blushh it been a while...

i have not watch the episode....have not even watch episode 1, 2 and 3, only see in gif.
but...can someone take kurt to gay club now? preferly on shirtless night? Razz
emilynna
emilynna
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 10/5/2012, 6:53 am

OK, lets start. As someone who doesn't ship any couple in this show, I though that Break Up was phenomenal. If the episode had only cut out those unnecessary Jake/Marley/Kitty scenes, this would have been, without a doubt, the best episode Glee had even done. Now, it's in my top 5 at least.

Brittana - Loved the speech Sanatana gave to Brittany at the end. It was very mature and truthful. It's the best way to preempt the situation we saw in the Klaine ship. I understood it from both Santana's and Brittanies point of view. I wasn't a fan of Mine, find it boring, but it served it's purpose. Also, Santana was sooo jealous of Kurt for going to NY Twisted Evil (even though I agree with her about the ridiculousness of him working at vogue.com).

Rachel's speech to Finn in the auditorium - the best monologue on this show ever. Yes Finn, she is grown woman and she can make decisions for herself. I like Finn, but the guy has to sort himself out first. Forget about Rachel or dating, figure yourself out. Unlike Blaine, I completely emphatised with Rachel. He cut himself of after pushing her away. And her saying that his actions weren't of a real man - golden, because she is right.

Klaine - Blaine really fucked it up. I can understand felling lonely, but he was going to see Kurt in two weeks and he kept trying to call him at work for heavens sake. Cheating - total overreaction and stupidity. The buying of flowers and singing him a song was classic guilt. Frankly, I felt Darren overdid it in Teenage Dream a bit (he looked like he was in physical pain at with point I would have expected him to stop singing not go on an on). The montage of Don't Speak was brilliant, the cuts the split screen, I must have repeated that scene 10 time on my only viewing. Also, I felt no simpthy for Blaine. Why ? Because he tried to turn it around and blame Kurt for the cheating - " I was lonely and you weren't there". So, the moment Kurt answered him that he was lonely too and felt temptations yet he didn't do anything because it was wrong and disgusting , I was like YEAH !!!! tell him bb !!!!

FURT !!!!!!!!!! - they were so great, and may I say that Chris as never looked hotter or sounded sexier then in that very scene.

Ok, those are my initial thoughts on this thing. Probably much more later. After all we will have a month to discuss this and everything that may come after.

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/5/2012, 8:13 am

arina wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:
I can't believe there are some reviewers blaming Kurt. This is just not right.
What did they write?

They say it is Kurt's fault that Blaine cheated. Though I think this reviewer is a Blaine stan, so maybe I shouldn't worry about it.

Michael Aisello did a review, at least he isn't blaming Kurt and thinks he should move on. Though he isn't a Klaine shipper and wanted them to break up like forever.

In all honesty I have only seen two reviews but I have heard there are some others on Blaine's side. but I haven't come across any of those yet.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next