Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread

+27
ColferGirl
sjonnepon
Delight
MissSoniaPP
brisallie
coxfire
Divalicious
FunnyLady
Ireth
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
emilynna
arina
BlueJazz
msjoanlucette
Dame Loli
sahhar
CloveGlee
sheny
M&M
Ranwing
fantastica
tamara04
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
31 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap9%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap68%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 68% 
[ 15 ]
4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap9%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap14%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 22

4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Glorfindel 10/5/2012, 8:43 am

I thought it was a very good episode, except for everything involving the newbies. The Marley/Jake/Kitty part was soooooo boring I almost fall asleep trying to comment on it. One thing in this episode was clearly not like the others. Their relationship ‘problems’ segment was bland and who cares anywayzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. sleepp

- Finchel: both sides were understandable. Finn is really lost right now, and even though they love each other, Rachel was wise to choose for herself till he figures his life out.
Cory made Finn feeling lost and contemplating everything very real and believable and I loved him crying on Mr. Schue’s shoulders again, and feeling so at home in glee club. It was nice to see that Finn got so much out of glee club and that it is where he goes to now to find his way. Looking forward to how that will develop.
The shooting accident in the army was just really stupid.
Rachel was so strong and brave, well done girl. You’re totally right for being mad at Finn for not showing up or contacting you for so many months. I think Rachel finally came into her own in that last scene. It even made me think that if Finn and Rachel can always be this honest and true to one another there may be hope for Finchel yet. But certainly not now: let them grow and learn seperately for a while.

- Brittana: they clearly love each other and surprisingly (as I am no Brittana fan) I found ‘Mine’ the most emotional moving scene of the episode. Brittana are doing what Klaine should have done too: call it as it is, be realistic and ‘take a break’ for a year.
Although I didn’t like the way they suggested that Brittana’s LDR not working was mostly based on the temptations of being attracted to other people. There is usually much more: getting separate and different experiences and interests, simply drifting apart. They got that aspect of the difficulties of a LDR right in the Klaine part, but screwed up majorly after that.
Brittana did the right thing for now, imo, but it was heartbreaking to watch. crycry

- Wemma: also understandable from both sides. Will is enthusiastic about Washington and, being the old fashioned man he is, expects his woman to follow him. I don’t think this is necessarily a douche move of him yet: I honestly think it never occurred to Will that Emma would not want to follow him to Washington. Well: he got that wake-up call big time this episode. Now if he insists Emma comes with him, or is butt hurt if she doesn’t, I might reconsider giving him a pass for now.
Emma really showed her back bone. Another woman standing up for herself in Glee. RIB: who are you and where have you hidden the bodies of Ryan, Brad and Ian?
So there’s trouble in Wemma paradise, but I’m sure this couple will work things out: at least they are mature.

- Klaine: I know that cheating is common practice in Glee, but Blaine’s betrayal of trust (which is the real crux of cheating) was based on so little and came so fast that it is impossible to make any excuses for it.
Sure, Blaine had every right to feel alone and neglected, but Kurt at least tried to keep in touch despite his new demanding job and he clearly felt frustrated too. I loved how Kurt pointed that out: that he had been lonely and tempted too, but didn’t act on it, because he knew what it meant.
Ouch. pauly
Blaine is a weak douchebag for cheating after only a few weeks apart, and with his “texting is cheating” indignation of DWS fresh in my mind Blaine is also a hypocrite in my book. Do the writers even remember DWS and how that episode make Blaine’s actions now look even worse?
Oh, and let's not forget Blaine blaming Kurt for it all. Attention whoring bastard! sayian
The way it is in canon now I want Kurt to never ever take Blaine back again!!!

There was not enough of Kurt’s POV, imo, and why did they not make the break-up officially?
Poor Kurt: when he heard the news, God: his face! Chris is such a wonderful actor. wub

Stray observations:
- the ‘Left Behind’ thing was just ridiculous. I mean, what? One of the worst and useless storylines ever, surpassing even Sue marrying herself.

- After hearing Brody sing for the second time I can understand how Rachel thinks that Finn might have a chance getting into NYADA too, since they let Brody in. Ugh. Mad

- Loved every second of Furt: “little brother” and a hug! They are the best and I want more Furt!

- Kurt looked a bit like Carson in the Furt scene (sitting in the chair, dark clothes and that spiked hair, saying those short, bitten off lines with that cynical look on his face). Hot. aa54

- Wait for Dante di Loreto to say that the flashback end montage of the 4 couples during ‘The Scientist’ had no intention of leaving anyone out, even though it just ‘happened’ that both straight couples had a flashback to their first kiss, and both queer ones didn’t.
Hypocrites. beam
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Ranwing 10/5/2012, 9:58 am

I'm actually okay with Kurt and Blaine not having a definative "we're over" moment (the way Finchel did). I don't think that either of them want to do that at this point. Kurt is deeply, profoundly hurt in a way that has destroyed his image of Blaine and the trust that they had. It brought every single insecurity he has out in the open and right now, he needs time to think and process what happened and where to go from here. Unlike Blaine's rashness, Kurt is electing cold and thoughtful deliberation. He will take time to examine his feelings and heal before making a final decision, and frankly, he deserves the space to do that. Rationally he might understand some of the reasons behind Blane's actions, but until head and heart come to an agreement (preferably after heart is no longer hemoraging), he's going to pull back and do what's best for himself for a bit.

I think that for the first time, Blaine is being forced to deal with the consequences of his poor choices. Whenever he's tresspassed before, Kurt has readily forgiven him and taken him back. And Blaine has a long and storied history of making hasty, badly thought out decisions and this is something that he just can't walk back from. Right now, whether the relationship survives at all is entirely out of his hands and he's just going to have to live with that. I can imagine him continuing his efforts to reach out to Kurt from Lima, and ending up only irritating Kurt and being told off. Before he can even think about trying to rebuild what he so carelessly broke with Kurt, he's got to start dealing with his own shit and understanding just what lead him to make such a stupid, careless act.

There have always been problems with Klaine that got glossed over and ignored. Kurt has felt too long like the undesirable part of the relationship that should just count himself as lucky that Blaine deigned to be with him. He had always had that fear that someone would come along that Blaine would find more attractive or appropriate and he'd lose Blaine over it, Asking if Sebastian was the one that Blaine cheated with just threw all those fears up into sharp relief. And he has been overshadowed by Blaine in everthing - in how others see them (Blaine being the more dreamy, staight passing, bro material guy), in their performances (Blaine gets the leads and solos while Kurt gets nothing) - and that's got to stop. Kurt needs to be confident as an equal partner and right now, he's not going to find that with Blaine. He's in a new setting now where he's starting to shine. He needs his chance to grow and if Blaine really does love him, he'll give Kurt that space.

Now, one final thing about Finn and Rachel (since I can't stand their realtionship). We all know how big Rachel's dreams are, but they do tend to swallow up everything around her. Rachel is almost like a black hole, in that unless you are perfectly in sinc with her, you get swallowed up and destroyed. She can't see anything past her own dreams and that's okay right now for her, but it was never going to work with Finn. Once his own dream (playing college football) failed, he then tried to tailor his dreams to fit in with Rachel's. The problem? They're not really his dreams and he's not able to measure up to them. And Rachel could not see that. Her suggestions to Finn about what he could do in NY - apply again to Pace or apply to NYADA (again, a school so exclusive that Kurt and Jesse St James couldn't get in) were laughable because they're in no way realistic for Finn. I think back to the pilot where Rachel latched on to Finn because he was the ideal leading man to her ingenue. She's still looking for a leading man in some ways. Brody fits her life as far as ambitions go, but will she really connect with him? Doubtful. But like Klaine, they need space now. Finn needs to figure things out for himself without trying to actively make things click with Rachel.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 10/5/2012, 12:30 pm

For the first time I just really jumped over the new kids and I'm not regretting that at all. Oh but I did look Finn's part in McKinley. neutre

I was very taken back by Kurt and Blaine talking over the phone: I've been there and tried to really listen what the other one is saying. It was a really good scene, but I'm a Kurtsie and could only see that Kurt did try, really try even when he was obviously stressed by his work, to include Blaine and explain the situation to him. But I guess Blaine is still a child and a horny teenager. Since I knew Blaine was going to cheat the way he said he misses 'messing around' I actually said out loud "Oh no your not thinking about doing it with someone else!" And Kurt being so anxious after confirming that Blaine will be in NY in just couple of weeks.

The time frame looked a bit askewd because a song ends and next we're in NY with Klaine and Finchel. That's some quick hook-up and flight to New York. Finn according to Kurt wearing 'Dad jeans' and Kurt checking that his tushy looks OK in those amazing red pants. Smile

If ever there was a time I wish I'd not read the spoilers this is it: Kurt's joy of seeing Blaine is so painful to watch, he has yet almost no clue what his perfect Blaine has done. Brody and Finn are a good match but I'm always going to root for Finn and Brody is still creepy. I don't know if it's a misinterpritation but for the way Brody looked at the audience to find Finn when they started to sing with Rachel was odd and little bit a display of look at me singing with your girl macho.

Blarren singing TD was good for the first minute and should have ended there, would have been more effective for me. Now I just felt, it was just too much, lets leave it here in this thread. But on the other hand I get that they dragged it for so long since they had three faces to show that something is wrong.

I kept wondering what did Kurt expect Blaine to say after he pretty much asked with that pretending everything is alright rhetorical question. Something mildly bad at least. Same goes for Finn: he knew something had happened. I did shed a tear after Kurt's desperate need to confirm and ask who was it. Oh, the way Chris said it...so much hate, anger and hurt in one tiny little fragment of a sentence. Don't Speak was a little bit too "agressive" sond for in these situation but I'll live with it since it was well made.

Furt having a meaningful scene was a christmas gift given early, since I don't think we'll be getting a lot of those because Finn pretty much confirms what I already thought: he doesn't fit in New York. (That's kinda funny when you think of Finn's stature) And I don't think we've ever seen Kurt this natural and dishevelled before on Glee, not even after the food fight and TPPP. They really have excellent, trusting screen chemistry, Furt and Chris and Cory together.

And of course a perfect scene was ruined with Kitty's smirking face and WTF Breadstixs scene. I really would have loved to see some epic snarke from Santana right there and then.

Finn looks so grown up in Schues office, they do look like buddies now, I suppose they have looked that since S2 onwards. Cory has really been made to look older for this episode. Although I did love Finn and Blaine scene it started to feel a little like everyone were talking around Kurt and he didn't get to voice himself which was redeemed little with that conversation between Kurt and Chase? ant the Vogue offices.

Who am I kidding I didn't give a shit about anybody else except Klaine, Finchel and Emma and hence this was a good episode, Glee should just call it self glum and be done with the label of being teenagers entertainment show. And they are finally giving women and Kurt somewhat their own voices, hurrah for that. Hopefully they'll continue with that, makes the show so much better.

valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 10/5/2012, 1:03 pm

You've all said most of what I have to say so I won't say much...but I really liked this episode. The Left Behind storyline was ridiculous, and the new kids don't interest me. But I liked watching the rest of it. For Finchel, Brittana and Wemma, I could really feel for both parties in the relationship, and I found the Brittana breakup scene and Mine especially touching (though I don't quite get the temptation to cheat being a main reason). I expected the Finchel breakup to be just one of the many we've had, but it was also touching, just like the one at the end of Season 3.

However, I don't think I'm being biased when I couldn't feel sympathy for both parties in the Klaine relationship, and only felt it for Kurt. Yes, I felt sorry for Blaine in the last episode and when they started their phone call in this episode, but him seeking out some random guy on Facebook to sleep with just because Kurt had important work and he was too impatient to wait for Kurt to call during his break, not forgetting the fact that he was going to visit Kurt in 2 weeks is really unforgivable to me. Especially considering what happened in Dance With Somebody. I guess Blaine's consistent characterization is that he doesn't practise what he preaches.

The little bit of Furt we got was wonderful, as was Chase talking to Kurt at the end (he seems like just a colleague to me though). Kurt was so strong even though he was hurt so badly, and I hate that there can't be anything good going on in his life without something awful happening. In the next few episodes, I don't want him to dwell on this breakup (let Blaine do any chasing and pining and apologizing, but I want Kurt to move on) but to instead do whatever he wants that makes him happy-being successful and maybe dating other guys.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  FunnyLady 10/5/2012, 1:59 pm

OMG, can´t believe I say this, but I really enjoyed this episode. Mostly I liked this episode because it was fresh and new and the MH storyline was put in the backround (they could skip it completely.....and forever). It was also great to have Finn and Santana back. I didn´t realized how much I missed them until they came back and have their stories and sing (yes, it reminds me the good old days). When I compared them with the new guys (Jake/Marley/Kitty) I saw how good actors they are and how interesting their characters are.

Speaking of song....I used to like Glee because of two reasons. The first one was/is/will be Kurt (Chris) of course and the second were songs (notice I´m using a past tense). From the 4 episodes I know about 4 song - don´t know who´s responsible for choosing songs but they should fired this guy :( But I have to humbly admit that Don´t speak music number was very good (unlike Blaine´s performance. If that should be touching and bring tears to my eyes...well, the guy really miss the point :( I´m not afraid to use word terrible about his performace)

And Kurt....without no doubts, this was the BEST performance he ever did on Glee. Amazing. Unbelievable. Moving. Honest. I know I should talk about Kurt but I have to say that Chris is Mr.ACTOR !!
FunnyLady
FunnyLady
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 10/5/2012, 2:41 pm

I was really surprised that they did have Blaine do more than cybercheat, and I think the scene leaked from episode 7 discusses just how far he went. I still not sure he actually slept with anyone, and believe that will be used as part of his redemption. Right now we are dealing with the fact that he did sincerely contemplate cheating, at the very least.

Kurt was great, his joy at the beginning, his support of Finn, loved, loved it. I was surprised on how easily they had Rachel accept Finn at the beginning, be all over him, have him at her school. Not that I don't think Finn was the cause of this break up, he is the one who let his embarrassment keep him from contact, but they really went out of their way to make Rachel blameless in the eyes of the audience. I think to give even more fodder for Brody/Rachel success. I felt the same thing with the Brittana break up, Santana assumed all blame, I think to make room for Brittney and Sam. It really felt like they were putting all the pieces in place, this episode.

Wish we had more of Kurt singing, rather than Lea showing her lung power over and over. I do think that Blaine's TD breakdown could have been shortened just a bit, it felt like watching a car accident in slow motion. Like, do I really want to slow down to watch this, or give the bleeding bodies their privacy during rescue? I thought the scenes themselves were filmed well. Seeing Kurt in his cute little first meeting outfit was sweet, but as we remember from the retcon, Kurt was the one who fell at that moment, it took Blaine quite a few months after that. Perhaps he has retconned things himself, and is picking their first meeting as when he fell in love himself, but didn't know it. Don't know, they didn't explore that much.

I actually didn't mind ND scenes too much, although I would gladly change them for more Kurt scenes, or singing. The whole Jake/Kitty Left Behind crap was simply to make Kitty an enemy to Marley, we need something to make her interesting. I can feel some charisma from Jake, but Marley, ehh, not so much.

Kurt does have a little corner cubby for an office. Glad that random Vogue cute guy doesn't seem to be out for Kurt's blood, just random nice, cute guy. I wouldn't be surprised if they do have Kurt kiss him at one point, but then discover that he only wants to be with Blaine still. A little Kurt kissing that doesn't look like two 5 year olds giving each other a peck would be nice, like they had Brittana and Klaine do in this episode. I mean really, Santana sings a plaintive song, and then gives this tiny smooch, what was that! Kurt was at least in front of Finn and Rachel, and he had just voiced about avoiding all the sounds they would make, I think it kind of squicks him out.

I loved the drug dealer line, that boy knows how to not interrupt a moment. The best roommate ever, clean, can cook and gets out when needed. Let's see if Rachel can return that favor. Already we know about the cooking part, she sets fire to stuff, lets see about the getting out when needed part.

I admit, during the Will/Emma scenes I cruised the internet looking at comments.

It was funny that after 3 years in ND, it still felt like Finn was visiting after a long time when he was in the choir room, he did look happy, like he found a place of respite. I missed Cory, and look forward to a Racheless Finn. Perhaps they might give him a dream of his own, instead of always propping Rachel's ambitions. Rachel should be a star, she has talent and drive, but she did so totally overshadow Finn all of the time.

Brody wasn't in much, but still feeling the boring nice guy vibe from him. He looked surprisingly un-upset about Rachel hanging all over Finn, when he's been trying to get into her pants for weeks now.

I think even though they didn't say the words, Kurt throwing away the card and saying he would be okay was an indicator of him deciding to end things with Blaine. He thought about it, obviously, Kurt is very forgiving, but he isn't a fool either. I think he carefully analyzed what he thought he could get through and decided this was not enough. I am only hoping they don't make it easy for Blaine to win him back. And it had better be on Blaine's part, all the wooing. Kurt should be able to feel the gorgeous half of the relationship, because that is what I see. A perfect mate. Intelligent, talented, good humor, good cook, neat, strong family ties, great tush, great hair, great everything. He is a trophy husband, and it needs to be acknowledged.

I watched when I got home from work last night, and I was tired, so didn't really get the emotions from the episode. Perhaps this weekend when I am rested and rewatch it, I might feel more sentimental.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 10/5/2012, 3:14 pm

First, the acting was stellar in this episode, and I was even suprised by Darren's and HeMo performances, who I usually find OK, but not great. They were good here, particularly HeMo during the breakup with Santana. For Darren, he was good too, even if I found Teenage Dream over the top by the end of the song. I can't remember who stated it (sorry), but I agree that a stop mid-song would have been more effective and might have spared us from some of Blaine's faces, but hey! It gaves us as a counterpart a wonderful acting of Chris (seriously, he was just effin' perfect this episode).

I was glad to have Naya and Santana back, but I dread she will be gone afterwards. The Brittania break-up was IMO the "best" of the episode: set into reality, sometimes you don't breakup because of love, but because of life. I have moved 6 times in my life, and I know what it's like to lose friends and a boyfriend because of circumstances. It's hard, but that's adulthood.

Finn got a lot of bashing for his behaviour, and he indeed acted a bit like a jerk, but Cory was so wonderful portraying his complete loss of direction with his life, that I can understand all the wrong decisions he made. And I was glad to see Rachel own herself and ending things.

Will and Emma: I know lots don't care for the characters, but it's a pity whan you have strong actors like Jayma Mays and Matt Morrisson in your cast. I wish the writers stop making Will a self-centered jerk, lousy teacher, and uninspired Glee teacher. Will was great during season one, and Matt Morrisson's voice is cruelly missed, no thanks to remind it to me with the scientist, writers!!!

As for Klaine...Thanks F*CK they are (almost) broken up!! *Happy dance*. Hale-f*cking-llujah!!!

My only quip is that the cheating happened a bit too fast. I don't think Blaine cheating is character assassination, because any 17 teenager is prone to make (huge) mistakes, but it could have waited one or two episodes. As I said, I don't hate Blaine, I just find him Bland. I sincerely hope that the writers will take the occasion to use his screw-up to make him grow and allow him character development (unless he gets even more songs, in this case I might be pissed). They have layed the ground for good work material, so they best use it.

But (far)above this, I hope that they will finally give Kurt his old spark back, have him interact with people in New York, find back his inner confidence he had lost last year, between being "the ugly side" (CC words, not mine crycry ) of the couple and failing at anything he attempted. I want him to affirm himself, finally acknowledge that he IS sexy and worth of attention, and success in either of the worlds they want to throw him in. And HEAR HIS VOICE GODDAMMIT!!!

The scene in the park was hard to watch. Chris' face, with all the anger/hurt/heartbreak painted all over it was stunning.

I couldn't completely enjoy "Don't speak" for 2 reasons: the weird editing, and the fact that 1) Chris didn't get a solo line in it and 2) Lea overpowered everyone else and of COURSE belted at the end of the song. The rest was good, the 4 voices melted well together, and Kurt's withdrawn and cold face was heartbreaking.

Speaking of (sorry, I just realized how long this post was, but that was hell of an episode), the Furt scene was so so great!! More please, more!!! Cory and Chris act just so well of each other, and this time I really felt the "Little/big brother" vibe from them. Besides, did you notice how pale Kurt's lips were? They are usually all rosy, but here they were the same color as his cheeks => well done, make-up guys, 'cause it showed how restless the night was for him, and how bad he feels, I.e., like he's going to die....

Well, to finish, glad that Kurt threw the card away. There no way he is taking Blaine back or accepting flowers right now.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 10/5/2012, 3:24 pm

Divalicious wrote:I was really surprised that they did have Blaine do more than cybercheat, and I think the scene leaked from episode 7 discusses just how far he went. I still not sure he actually slept with anyone, and believe that will be used as part of his redemption. Right now we are dealing with the fact that he did sincerely contemplate cheating, at the very least.

Kurt was great, his joy at the beginning, his support of Finn, loved, loved it. I was surprised on how easily they had Rachel accept Finn at the beginning, be all over him, have him at her school. Not that I don't think Finn was the cause of this break up, he is the one who let his embarrassment keep him from contact, but they really went out of their way to make Rachel blameless in the eyes of the audience. I think to give even more fodder for Brody/Rachel success. I felt the same thing with the Brittana break up, Santana assumed all blame, I think to make room for Brittney and Sam. It really felt like they were putting all the pieces in place, this episode.

Wish we had more of Kurt singing, rather than Lea showing her lung power over and over. I do think that Blaine's TD breakdown could have been shortened just a bit, it felt like watching a car accident in slow motion. Like, do I really want to slow down to watch this, or give the bleeding bodies their privacy during rescue? I thought the scenes themselves were filmed well. Seeing Kurt in his cute little first meeting outfit was sweet, but as we remember from the retcon, Kurt was the one who fell at that moment, it took Blaine quite a few months after that. Perhaps he has retconned things himself, and is picking their first meeting as when he fell in love himself, but didn't know it. Don't know, they didn't explore that much.

I actually didn't mind ND scenes too much, although I would gladly change them for more Kurt scenes, or singing. The whole Jake/Kitty Left Behind crap was simply to make Kitty an enemy to Marley, we need something to make her interesting. I can feel some charisma from Jake, but Marley, ehh, not so much.

Kurt does have a little corner cubby for an office. Glad that random Vogue cute guy doesn't seem to be out for Kurt's blood, just random nice, cute guy. I wouldn't be surprised if they do have Kurt kiss him at one point, but then discover that he only wants to be with Blaine still. A little Kurt kissing that doesn't look like two 5 year olds giving each other a peck would be nice, like they had Brittana and Klaine do in this episode. I mean really, Santana sings a plaintive song, and then gives this tiny smooch, what was that! Kurt was at least in front of Finn and Rachel, and he had just voiced about avoiding all the sounds they would make, I think it kind of squicks him out.

I loved the drug dealer line, that boy knows how to not interrupt a moment. The best roommate ever, clean, can cook and gets out when needed. Let's see if Rachel can return that favor. Already we know about the cooking part, she sets fire to stuff, lets see about the getting out when needed part.

I admit, during the Will/Emma scenes I cruised the internet looking at comments.

It was funny that after 3 years in ND, it still felt like Finn was visiting after a long time when he was in the choir room, he did look happy, like he found a place of respite. I missed Cory, and look forward to a Racheless Finn. Perhaps they might give him a dream of his own, instead of always propping Rachel's ambitions. Rachel should be a star, she has talent and drive, but she did so totally overshadow Finn all of the time.

Brody wasn't in much, but still feeling the boring nice guy vibe from him. He looked surprisingly un-upset about Rachel hanging all over Finn, when he's been trying to get into her pants for weeks now.

I think even though they didn't say the words, Kurt throwing away the card and saying he would be okay was an indicator of him deciding to end things with Blaine. He thought about it, obviously, Kurt is very forgiving, but he isn't a fool either. I think he carefully analyzed what he thought he could get through and decided this was not enough. I am only hoping they don't make it easy for Blaine to win him back. And it had better be on Blaine's part, all the wooing. Kurt should be able to feel the gorgeous half of the relationship, because that is what I see. A perfect mate. Intelligent, talented, good humor, good cook, neat, strong family ties, great tush, great hair, great everything. He is a trophy husband, and it needs to be acknowledged.

I watched when I got home from work last night, and I was tired, so didn't really get the emotions from the episode. Perhaps this weekend when I am rested and rewatch it, I might feel more sentimental.

Usually a hookup means he slept with the person. Plus the description from Ep 7, (rumpled bed etc), clearly states that's what happened. Either way, I'm glad Kurt threw the card away, and I really hope everything Chris said in his Insider interview comes true for Kurt's storyline. Blaine will have to redeem himself big time before him and Kurt ever get together.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/5/2012, 5:15 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:For the first time I just really jumped over the new kids and I'm not regretting that at all. Oh but I did look Finn's part in McKinley. neutre

I did the same Smile

Overall, last episode it was good. At least the NY plot it was, though I even liked Brittana and Wemma storyline. Until now I haven't seen the episode with subs so probably I missed some details but definitely my favorite part was: FURT wub

4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mbff7lwtru1qgyzvzo2_2504x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mbfd32yftq1qgchnwo1_2504x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mbfd32yftq1qgchnwo2_250

It was so cute when Finn told Kurt "Little Brother",though I'm not sure who born first, but we know that Finn has this protective side and I'm glad writers remember they're actually brothers-well half bros.

Regarding Klaine, probably I missed some part of the conversation but still not sure if Blaine hooked up with this Eli guy, but I have the feeling they kissed at least and that goes beyond what happened between Kurt and Chandler. I mean, we know they only shared lots of text messages, but I don't remember and I think it never was mentioned either that Chandler said to Kurt "Do you wanna come over?". I understand that both of them have felt lonely at some point or the flame of passion has gone so that why they have accepted the flirt from other guys, but as I said before both situations were different; for me what Blaine did was really cheating and something like that Kurt is not gonna forgive it easily. I know I'm being so biased in this moment but I insist that both situations are different.

Probably I'd wouldn't have criticized what Blaine did if Klaine were in the same situation as Finchel.

Btw, during the scene that Kurt received the bunch of flowers and the card, a guy talked to him. Is he Chase, right?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/5/2012, 5:21 pm

i love chase madison. i was worried that he would play the jealous coworker kind, but he ends up being really sweet. don't care about office romance. chase can just be this supportive friend and make kurt happy. I am glad to see kurt's work envorinment is so positive (even if it's very hectic - hay if you want to be at the top, you have to work it). I have no complaints here at all.

I agree that blaine's sudden need for an affair is way too sudden and not well explained - I mean it's explained but still not enough "transition" to be well believeable, unless blaine is a chronic cheater (or will be) type of guy.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/5/2012, 5:40 pm

^
Chase appeared only few minutes on screen but I already liked and at this moment Kurt needs to be surrounded by a friendly work environment, not mattering how hard is the work there. But if in a place there's good energy, so therefore it won't be a torture to be there.

It took me by surprise when it was said that Blaine cheated on Kurt, because I always see him as mr. perfect who does nothing wrong (I blame writers for that) but then I remembered that Blaine has showed things that are sudden and is like he's other side such as his "secret" boxing club or how "kind" he's when he's drunk, too much I'd say. Umm probably he was drunk when he saw Eli?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/5/2012, 5:49 pm

brisallie wrote:^
Chase appeared only few minutes on screen but I already liked and at this moment Kurt needs to be surrounded by a friendly work environment, not mattering how hard is the work there. But if in a place there's good energy, so therefore it won't be a torture to be there.

I absolutely loved that Chase was exactly what Kurt needed at that moment. A sympathetic ear who had no agenda of his own (like getting into Kurt's pants) and giving that small offer of comfort (covering for Kurt if he needed to engage in some retail therapy). Kurt very rarely had anyone willing to help him that wasn't tied up in their own issues so that gentle moment was one that really stands out for me. Kurt isn't alone and he can get through this. I love how Kurt punctuated that moment, first by saying he's all right, but then amending that he will be all right.

Billboard had a great recap of the episode, but the commentary about the collapse of Klaine was really inspired.

Last year, cheating and outside romantic attention were brought up twice -- Sebastian's interest in Blaine and then Kurt's flirtation with Chandler in the Whitney Houston tribute episode. In "The Break Up," we finally have one of the characters crossing the line between flirtation and actual action. Thus, the fandom blame-slinging begins -- is Blaine out of character for cheating when he was so upset by the idea of Kurt cheating last year? Is it Kurt's fault for not paying attention to Blaine? Can cheating ever be excused? In the first, at least, it's not out of character for a character (or a person) to not live up to the morals they place upon others or imagine for themselves. Because Blaine would be hurt by cheating does not preclude him from, at some point, cheating. Blaine likes attention, romantic and otherwise, and in the moment of his weakness, Kurt isn't giving him the attention he needs. There's no fault here that's worth assigning; they both have to now choose to be better and work past this, or let this break them. Kurt and Blaine have long been in a honeymoon phase, the most functioning and stable couple "Glee" had to offer, with bumps that were solved within single episodes or not even big enough to register as bumps. This episode ends with them sans resolution (there is probably one missing scene where Kurt and Blaine interact before Blaine leaves for Lima, and that is the only real plot hole in this episode) but we do see Blaine's attempt at apology flowers (red and yellow roses in a nod to the season 3 bouquet) and Kurt, who still thinks Blaine is the cutest, dropping the card in the trash and vowing to be okay. This is their big moment, their growth, and "Glee" is already a better and most interesting show for letting this happen.

http://www.billboard.com/news/glee-recap-the-break-up-brings-cheating-1007973222.story#/news/glee-recap-the-break-up-brings-cheating-1007973222.story?page=2

Klaine needed to break up in order for them to really start dealing with their individual issues. Blaine has taken many things for granted and let his need for attention and adulation get in the way far too many times. Kurt has been so insecure as the weaker, less desirable componant of Klaine that he's held himself back in order to keep his relationship. They need to grow up and, like Finchel, they need to do part of that growing apart. The cheating was the symptom of deeper troubles and that act made it impossible for them to ignore their problems any longer.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/5/2012, 9:56 pm

There were two things I liked about this episode that really liked is that Santana is jealous of Kurt and his internship at Vogue.com and Chase said "Is someone crushing on you..." which in my mind means that Chase is acknowledging that Kurt is indeed attractive. And he was so sweet to Kurt, I just want a friendship with them, and if it heads in another direction I will be happy with that as well. 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 650269930

And if it did head into a romance, let the shipper wars begin. 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 3429310274
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/5/2012, 10:10 pm

ColferInspired wrote:And if it did head into a romance, let the shipper wars begin. 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 3429310274

One of my friends said that given how toxic things are right now, she hopes that if one of the boys starts dating, that Blaine starts first only so that Kurt don't get blasted with all the MEAN TO BLAINE!!!!! rants.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/5/2012, 10:30 pm

Ranwing wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:And if it did head into a romance, let the shipper wars begin. 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 3429310274

One of my friends said that given how toxic things are right now, she hopes that if one of the boys starts dating, that Blaine starts first only so that Kurt don't get blasted with all the MEAN TO BLAINE!!!!! rants.

I want Kurt to start dating then it will shut up the Blaine stans that Blaine is the desirable one. I think that is what Chris wants as well by what he says in his Insider interview.

I think more of the fandom are on Kurt's side.

I have seen a couple of posts on tumblr from people just viewers of the show and not a part of the fandom as I assume and are on Kurt's side in all this as they have been cheated on as well. I think the portion of the Kurt blamers are quite small from what I have seen.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 10/5/2012, 10:53 pm

Ranwing wrote:

Assuming RIB intend Klaine to be endgame, I don't want Blaine to start dating first because that is further reason for him to not deserve to be with Kurt. I don't want Kurt to get a raw deal after the breakup. He deserves to find someone who really loves and respects him.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MissSoniaPP 10/5/2012, 10:59 pm

I just saw the episode:

I liked the episode because now they will focus on the characters.
And not in couples, I hope

Speaking in Breakep:

Klaine: I was happy that it happened, I did not like the reason. But these two are finally separated bounce
Sorry but I never ship Klaine, so I loved hola
Blaine cheats and puts the blame on Kurt. blinkk When are the writers going to make Blaine takes the blame for their mistakes, without making excuses or blaming others. beam
Kurt deserves someone much better

Finchel: will do well for them. Mainly for Finn.

Brittana: I cried. It was the only one couple that I liked. "Mine" was one of the best scenes in the episode.

Wemma: I do not care. But I liked the reason for Breakep. Emma is not a puppy, she has her own life.

The scenes between Kurt and Finn were the best scenes in the episode

I like the new characters:
  • Marley: is cute

• Jake: is confusing

• Kitty: is crazy

Chris, Cory, Naya and Heather did an excellent job in episode.

Darren: I do not think he good actor. When he cries, I laughed chuut

PS: Now this is in the right place blushh
MissSoniaPP
MissSoniaPP
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/6/2012, 12:07 am

Personalized Tissue Box from Kurt and Blaine, Signed by Actors Chris Colfer and Darren Criss ccolferrr: Winner will receive a tissue box inspired by the October 4 episode of “Glee” titled, “The Break Up”. Chris Colfer and Darren Criss will personalize and sign the tissue box to the winner and “Glee” creator Ryan Murphy will also sign it. In the episode titled, “The Break Up”, Rachel and Kurt are both caught by surprise when they receive unexpected visitors to their new home in New York City; Santana and Brittany deal with the distance between them; Will and Emma have a disagreement over a new job offer. Terms: In condition as donated. Cannot be returned or exchanged. Cannot be resold or re-auctioned. Additional shipping charges may apply based upon the location of the winner. Shipping and Handling The minimum shipping, handling and applicable insurance for this item is $19.95. Additional shipping charges may apply based upon the location of the winner. Hard copies of tickets, travel certificates and merchandise are shipped via FedEx or professional shipping service. Detailed redemption information for non-tangible items will be emailed to the winning bidder. Donated by: Chris Colfer and Darren Criss CharityBuzz
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/6/2012, 1:23 am

ColferInspired wrote:...

I think more of the fandom are on Kurt's side.

Believe me they're neutre Even those people who never were into Klaine, nor even were Kurtsies, are supporting him, because they think what Blaine did was something really awful and his excuse that he felt alone is not actually an excuse.Kurt also said he felt alone but he knew he was in a relationship and had a commitment with him. By other side, some passionate Blainers are happy that Blaine is single now. Personally I want a new boyfriend for Kurt, I don't know if is gonna be Chase or someone else but I want that.

However, I'm afraid what's planning RIB. Is this really an endgame?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 10/6/2012, 1:43 am

Ireth wrote:
Ranwing wrote:

Assuming RIB intend Klaine to be endgame, I don't want Blaine to start dating first because that is further reason for him to not deserve to be with Kurt. I don't want Kurt to get a raw deal after the breakup. He deserves to find someone who really loves and respects him.

I agree if Blaine starts dating someone else it will probably destroy any chance of them ever getting together again. What he needs to do is to gain Kurt's trust and love back not date.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 10/6/2012, 2:24 am

Brought over from the spoiler thread:

fantastica wrote:i was really bored w/ TD last night. I was half a sleep most of the episode (didn't get that rapture thing).

I completely ignored the McKinley stuff and I will keep it that way. Seriously do not care.

TD suffered much from being too long and some really awkward shots of Darren as well as his overemoting. He also ended up speeding up the pace in the middle of the song, I assume, to show his increasing distress. It was strange.

His reactions when he performed also did not line up at all with how he treated Kurt when he told him, which I am sure boils down to acting. When he sang TD, even if some of it was awkward, I could feel that Blaine was sorry and torn up about it, but when he made the actual confession, calling it just a hook-up and immediately blamed Kurt, I felt none of that. Again, I think it probably has to do with Darren's acting in those 2 scenes (someone teach him how to cry already), but even so, Blaine was like 2 different people in those scenes.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 10/6/2012, 3:30 am

arina wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:
I can't believe there are some reviewers blaming Kurt. This is just not right.
What did they write?

Just to quote one by an obvious Blarren stan:

It looks like Blaine and Kurt are actually broken-up, though. Blaine crashed pretty fast, didn't he? After hooking up with an old flame, Blaine hopped a plane to New York to visit Kurt, but his guilt got the best of him. He admitted what he'd done and apologized profusely. He said that he was lonely, but showed maturity and understanding by not explicitly blaming Kurt for that loneliness, because that would have been unfair. Yes, we've seen multiple examples of Kurt ignoring Blaine, but Kurt also has a very busy full-time job and Blaine understands that. You can understand something but still dislike it.

TV.com

I'm not sure if this reviewer knows what she's talking about. Blaine didn't hook up with an old flame, did he?
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/6/2012, 3:45 am

^ AND he did blame kurt for being there (because he pushed kurt to NY himself). this reviewer didn't watch the show or was busy texting her old flame during the show.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 10/6/2012, 4:06 am

The Break-Up episode showed some good drama and some really amazing acting by Chris.

The Good:

- FURT! These step-brothers are finally allowed to acknowledge that they're step brothers on this show. About time! Finn calling Kurt 'little brother'. Finn asking for a hug from Kurt before he left. Finn demanding answers from Kurt's bf for his atrocious behaviour. Ah... I miss these warm and fuzzy feelings. This really stressed to me that the romantic relationships on Glee really pale in comparison with the familial ones.

Also, Kurt's voice in the Furt scene is making me feel... things. Who knew a hurt Kurt could sound so sexy? tonguue

- Kurt's anger, betrayal and hurt during the Klaine walk in the park. Chris really nailed that scene and made me feel for Kurt. You know how sometimes you see an actor trying to act sad, you can just tell that they are acting? I never got that feeling when it comes to Chris. There's snot, there's stuttering, there's voice cracking. The whole range of emotions that Kurt went through felt real. I like that Kurt's reaction wasn't just hurt, but fury as well.

- Rachel's confrontation with Finn in the auditorium. I feel that she's finally allowed to grow up now. I'm not particularly moved by Lea's acting, but I like the direction the writers are taking with her character.

- Brittany was able to cry more convincingly than Shane (Mercedes's ex), and that took me by surprise.

- Kurt's line in 'The Scientist' didn't get cut! Rejoice! hola

The Not-so-good:

- Anything Marley/Jake/Kitty-related. With so many of the (sorely-missed) old casts around, their love triangle drama stood out like a sore thumb. I find that the 'Left Behind' club was merely a means by which Brittany can let Santana know how she felt about their LDR.

- Teenage Dream re-dux. The performance got more cringe-worthy as it progressed. Hey, novel idea-- if you're too heart-sick to sing, stop singing. Pushing on like that is neither moving nor realistic.

- The Rachel/Brody duet. I'm not sure if it's the songs choices or the blend of voices, but I really don't like any of their duets so far. I want Hummelberry duets, dammit.

- Anything Klaine-related. After this episode, I really want this ship sunk for eternity, but I'm not that optimistic. We'll most likely get long drawn-out Blangst and an unbelievable reunion in the future.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/6/2012, 4:41 am

^ agree w u
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next