Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2

+35
M&M
Struckbycolfer
E-ko
dap1217
msjoanlucette
fountain
sheny
Georgette888
fireangel
kac
mellama
BlueJazz
valkeakuulas
Kurt Hummel
Divalicious
Buenos
Ireth
Esme
happydays
sahhar
tanita_mors
Shinra17
arina
red texta
Jellyrolls
Emile
paulopf
brisallie
Delight
Glorfindel
Heyerchick
ColferInspired
ChrisColferFan1
fantastica
CCfan93
39 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2

Post  tanita_mors 5/31/2012, 4:47 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 22 Tumblr_m4vefcYn551qe476yo1_500

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 22 Tumblr_m4vf9iGsN51qe476yo1_500

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 22 Tumblr_m4vfee2w831qe476yo1_500

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 22 Tumblr_m4vfg1nCWj1qe476yo1_500

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 22 Tumblr_m4vfkkyy3k1qe476yo1_500

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 22 Tumblr_m4vgsop61d1qhyhrso1_500

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2

Post  arina 5/31/2012, 4:48 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 22 Tumblr_m4vf9iGsN51qe476yo1_500
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 22 Tumblr_m4vfee2w831qe476yo1_500
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 22 Tumblr_m4vfg1nCWj1qe476yo1_500
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 22 Tumblr_m4vfkkyy3k1qe476yo1_500
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 22 Tumblr_m4vga9K3ps1qe476yo1_500
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 22 Tumblr_m4vgcwKrid1qe476yo1_500
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 22 Tumblr_m4vj2wP8Um1qe476yo1_500
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 5/31/2012, 5:13 am

tanita_mors wrote:Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 22 Tumblr_m4vgsop61d1qhyhrso1_500
Haha, silly boy.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 5/31/2012, 5:32 am

Divalicious wrote:Now I want to move to Australia, the people make sense, and have taste there baibai

Me too! I've been wanting to visit that country for years ! wub

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/31/2012, 8:45 am

ColferInspired wrote:In "Choke" not much of the fandom except Rachel fans cared that she choked, for days on tumblr and everywhere else all the talk was about Kurt and NTBND.

I think the more level-headed people in the fandom (even the Rachel fans, I would imagine) knew that Rachel choking with 4 more episodes to go in the season meant that she'll get highlighted big time in the subsequent episodes, and be allowed to claw back into her 'rightful' spot in NYADA.

Not many people were actually surprised that Rachel got into NYADA (though her win is quite unrealistic, but we already know that Glee and realism don't mix).

A lot of people were surprised that Kurt didn't (because we believed that there's a limit as to how much the writers would want to torture a fictional character).

I think the writers do know how much Kurt meant to a lot of people, and they did that 'cruel twist' to him precisely because such an action would guarantee an emotional, even visceral, reaction in the viewers. If they've done it to any other character, there wouldn't have been such a great degree of hurt and outrage.

I don't know if many people are actually upset over the Finchel break up. I imagine that a proportion of the die-hard Rachel fans want nothing more than the couple to break up as well. Just like they want Rachel to be appreciated as a driven and talented individual instead of a weak girl who is nothing without her boyfriend, we also want the same for our favourite character.

Speaking of Glee in Australia, I did notice that for the previous seasons, the episodes used to be live-streamed from the US. This season, the network sometimes didn't bother broadcasting any new Glee episodes for weeks (I remember that there's a long 'hiatus' here after the Christmas episode aired); either because they are aware people are losing interest in the show, or they were waiting for the time when the new shows on other channels came on and they wanted to use Glee to compete for ratings (if they had done it for the latter reason, I'd say they miscalculated).

BlueJazz wrote:
Divalicious wrote:Now I want to move to Australia, the people make sense, and have taste there baibai

Me too! I've been wanting to visit that country for years ! wub

The Plume restaurant in High Point serves the best dim sums in Victoria. Just saying Wink
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/31/2012, 8:49 am

oh i love dim sum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/31/2012, 8:56 am

fantastica wrote:oh i love dim sum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just for you:

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 22 Photo190611111621pm

Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/31/2012, 9:03 am

u r so evil! i am already hungry and now I have to cook peasant food!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/31/2012, 9:27 am

Delight wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:In "Choke" not much of the fandom except Rachel fans cared that she choked, for days on tumblr and everywhere else all the talk was about Kurt and NTBND.

I think the more level-headed people in the fandom (even the Rachel fans, I would imagine) knew that Rachel choking with 4 more episodes to go in the season meant that she'll get highlighted big time in the subsequent episodes, and be allowed to claw back into her 'rightful' spot in NYADA.

Not many people were actually surprised that Rachel got into NYADA (though her win is quite unrealistic, but we already know that Glee and realism don't mix).

A lot of people were surprised that Kurt didn't (because we believed that there's a limit as to how much the writers would want to torture a fictional character).

I think the writers do know how much Kurt meant to a lot of people, and they did that 'cruel twist' to him precisely because such an action would guarantee an emotional, even visceral, reaction in the viewers. If they've done it to any other character, there wouldn't have been such a great degree of hurt and outrage.

I don't know if many people are actually upset over the Finchel break up. I imagine that a proportion of the die-hard Rachel fans want nothing more than the couple to break up as well. Just like they want Rachel to be appreciated as a driven and talented individual instead of a weak girl who is nothing without her boyfriend, we also want the same for our favourite character.

Speaking of Glee in Australia, I did notice that for the previous seasons, the episodes used to be live-streamed from the US. This season, the network sometimes didn't bother broadcasting any new Glee episodes for weeks (I remember that there's a long 'hiatus' here after the Christmas episode aired); either because they are aware people are losing interest in the show, or they were waiting for the time when the new shows on other channels came on and they wanted to use Glee to compete for ratings (if they had done it for the latter reason, I'd say they miscalculated).

BlueJazz wrote:
Divalicious wrote:Now I want to move to Australia, the people make sense, and have taste there Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 22 358184402

Me too! I've been wanting to visit that country for years ! Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 22 413578547

The Plume restaurant in High Point serves the best dim sums in Victoria. Just saying Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 22 1071211947

I think most of Season 2 was fast tracked from the US.

I have never been to the Plume restuarant.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/31/2012, 9:30 am

fantastica wrote:u r so evil! i am already hungry and now I have to cook peasant food!

Your fault for eating healthy all the time.

And just to emphasize my evilness, I want to let you know that I have a tray of siu mai in my fridge (which I bought fresh from a specialized dim sum place) that needs only to be steamed 10 minutes before they're ready for consumption. They taste just as good as the ones sold in the dim sum restaurants.

Oy, talk about going off-topic here... tonguue

ColferInspired wrote: I have never been to the Plume restuarant.

A mistake that definitely needs to be rectified in the near future Wink

Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/31/2012, 9:56 am

Delight wrote:
fantastica wrote:u r so evil! i am already hungry and now I have to cook peasant food!

Your fault for eating healthy all the time.

And just to emphasize my evilness, I want to let you know that I have a tray of siu mai in my fridge (which I bought fresh from a specialized dim sum place) that needs only to be steamed 10 minutes before they're ready for consumption. They taste just as good as the ones sold in the dim sum restaurants.

Oy, talk about going off-topic here... Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 22 3730135933

ColferInspired wrote: I have never been to the Plume restuarant.

A mistake that definitely needs to be rectified in the near future Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 22 1071211947

I will go there one day. I just I can't afford to go to any restaurant at the moment.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/31/2012, 1:21 pm

Delight wrote:

Just for you:

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 22 Photo190611111621pm

That looks delicious but what it is??? I'm so hungry now!!! :(

Not many people were actually surprised that Rachel got into NYADA (though her win is quite unrealistic, but we already know that Glee and realism don't mix)...

Is true her fans couldn't believe he choked DROMP because is her safe song but also they knew, actually most of the fandom, she well get into NYADA, possibly they weren't sure how but it was clear she was gonna get her aim. As you have mentioned the real impact was the fact Kurt didn't, I mean everybody was sure next season was gonna be Hummelberry adventures in NY lol
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/31/2012, 1:47 pm

Is true her fans couldn't believe he choked DROMP because is her safe song but also they knew, actually most of the fandom, she well get into NYADA, possibly they weren't sure how but it was clear she was gonna get her aim. As you have mentioned the real impact was the fact Kurt didn't, I mean everybody was sure next season was gonna be Hummelberry adventures in NY lol

So the Rachel fans got it all, focus on Rachel drama for 4 straight episodes (see Rachel choke! See Rachel heartbroken and cry! See Rachel get Prom queen! See Rachel lead ND to Nationals win! See Rachel get into NYADA!) and the big win at the end.

Now the some RAchel fans who were shitting at her "choke" are all "we are not surprised she deserved it all and more" smug to nth degree. I like Rachel, it's unfortunate the show takes all suspense and tension out of her journey.

Kurt's journey all thru Season 3 to ultimately fall short to me indicates the writers have a creepy fascination with making him suffer. He's like a Mexican Telenovela heroine who is sinned against over and over and over so when she finaly "wins" at the end it's doesn't seem worth the suffering she went through
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 5/31/2012, 2:32 pm

Not trying to make this a Rachel vs Kurt thing, I've gotten to the point where I don't even care about her, there is no anger. Sometimes I think in order to balance the storytelling, you have to have some losses and some wins, their problem is they give all the wins to one person, even Prom Queen, and she doesn't even get real losses, just set backs. In the end Rachel gets what she wants, the solos, the NYADA, the plays, the spotlight, even a boyfriend who loves her enough to let her go, only to court her like mad sometime next year to get her back. There is no if, only when for Rachel.

Kurt gets losses, he gets kicked on, he has to feel bad about someone who harrassed him, and then tried to kill himself, because no one can do scenes like that other than Kurt. Kurt hurts for others, Rachel usually only hurts for herself, it is the nature of their characters. That is why Kurt is willing to support plays that don't support him, he is a team player. That is why Kurt doesn't demand what he deserves, like the Troubletones. Kurt is a caretaker, he took care of his father, and he goes into the nuturing mode in most situations. Rachel is used to being cared for, by doting parents, doting teacher, sometimes doltish boyfriend. I think NY is going to be a huge wake up call, especially since all her caretakers are not going to be in NY. Santana isn't a caretaker, except with Brittnay. Rachel isn't going to have that support she has had all her life, and I think she is going to find that the hardest thing, she needs her support, she is too high strung not to have someone helping her emotionally.

Kurt doesn't need that same assistance, he is used to loss, and picks himself up and continues on. That being said I wish he had someone who was a little more pushy about taking care of him, that puts his well being above their own. Burt and Kurt has more of an equal relationship, Burt has grown very used to his independent little boy. While I am not against Klaine, I would love for someone as stubborn as Kurt to come into his life and try to make things better for him, even with Kurt digging in his heels and saying he can do things himself. Secretly, I think Kurt would like to have someone take care of him for a while, he has done so much for others for so long, I don't know what he would do with that kind of emotional safety net.

This kind of went all over the place. I started season 1 firmly in the Kurt vs Rachel camp. Didn't like Rachel. As hummelberry developed, I began to see a little value, and admired her drive. Now with season 3 I've gone into the I don't give a crap about Rachel, she is going to win, she always wins, I don't care about her anymore. Season 1, first scene loved Kurt. Continued to love Kurt, enjoyed his snark and his spunk. Loved him as a cheerio, even if I missed the clothes he wore. He got time in the spotlight, even if it wasn't a focus. Season 2 miffed that Kurt was sidelined so much, but happy he got a boyfriend, even if the person was dense as a post. Season 3, tired of Kurt not winning a single thing all season, enjoyed his emotional scenes, because he does them so well, but very little happiness for Kurt this year. You would think the writers would want us to care more about characters, not less. We root for the underdogs, but their lead character is the least underdog of anyone in the show. I do think they plan on changing that, but I also thought they wouldn't have Kurt lose everything in a season also. I hope they plan on a reversal of roles between Rachel and Kurt, and will leave it at that misguided hope.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/31/2012, 2:34 pm

brisallie wrote:
That looks delicious but what it is??? I'm so hungry now!!! :(
It's dumplings made from dead animal flesh.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/31/2012, 3:13 pm

Buenos wrote:...

Kurt's journey all thru Season 3 to ultimately fall short to me indicates the writers have a creepy fascination with making him suffer. He's like a Mexican Telenovela heroine who is sinned against over and over and over so when she finaly "wins" at the end it's doesn't seem worth the suffering she went through

Mexican Telenovela heroine??? Actually my perspective of those kind of characters is she HAD to suffer the whole telenovela to finally be happy at the end, because it seems to be the only way that viewers feel relieved for her but in Kurt's case we still haven't seen his "happy ending", we have nor even idea what's going on with him. Deeply I believe he's going to be in NY but don't know how.

It's dumplings made from dead animal flesh

blinkk I know the main ingredient of dumplings is the meat but it was necessary to be THAT specific.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/31/2012, 3:22 pm

^ i was merely trying to stop you from being hungry. think of it as a "favor".
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/31/2012, 3:31 pm

fantastica wrote:^ i was merely trying to stop you from being hungry. think of it as a "favor".

Thanks gurl. I've decided not to eat meat, at least for today.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/31/2012, 3:32 pm

^ good for your health and good for the planet and some animal can now live for an extra day. yay!

bananaz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 5/31/2012, 3:45 pm

Chris featured in TV Guide’s gallery of ‘Out and Proud Celebrities

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 22 Tumblr_m4walcoD0Y1qdsjzio1_1280

TV Guide
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/31/2012, 3:49 pm

he looks so young and clean!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/31/2012, 3:55 pm

And his cute lazy eye is showing. He's apparently learned to control it more for the red carpet and photo shoots, which takes some of his uniqueness (I hate to use that now that the character isn't...such a great addition to the cast.) away. I love these little traits in people.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/31/2012, 3:58 pm

fantastica wrote:^ good for your health and good for the planet and some animal can now live for an extra day. yay!

bananaz

I'm glad because I'm saving a life Smile

Shinra17 wrote:Chris featured in TV Guide’s gallery of ‘Out and Proud Celebrities

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 22 Tumblr_m4walcoD0Y1qdsjzio1_1280

TV Guide

He's also one of the youngest to came out, right? (or the youngest?) In addition, he looks handsome in that pic but usually when he's smiling looks younger than he is. Still like his smile anyway.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/31/2012, 4:00 pm

his lazy eye is always visible in unprocessed still photos. pro photo shoots don't have that problem because they can "fix" it in Photoshop.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/31/2012, 4:21 pm

I knew I had seen before something "unusual" on Chris face but just now I've realized his lazy eye lol I'm so bad at these things.

Here's is also noticeable his lazy eye. Isn't common to have a lazy eye?
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 22 Tumblr_lpldctCcHG1qaa9xe
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next