Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2

+35
M&M
Struckbycolfer
E-ko
dap1217
msjoanlucette
fountain
sheny
Georgette888
fireangel
kac
mellama
BlueJazz
valkeakuulas
Kurt Hummel
Divalicious
Buenos
Ireth
Esme
happydays
sahhar
tanita_mors
Shinra17
arina
red texta
Jellyrolls
Emile
paulopf
brisallie
Delight
Glorfindel
Heyerchick
ColferInspired
ChrisColferFan1
fantastica
CCfan93
39 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 23 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2

Post  fantastica 5/31/2012, 4:31 pm

i am used to his eyes now. nothing appears "abnormal" to me anymore.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 23 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2

Post  Emile 5/31/2012, 5:20 pm

^Mh. I notice it only when I see a mirrored picture of him.

Btw, they used a nice photo!

He's also one of the youngest to came out, right? (or the youngest?) In addition, he looks handsome in that pic but usually when he's smiling looks younger than he is. Still like his smile anyway.
I was sliding throught the list, and seriously, he was one of the youngest.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/31/2012, 10:14 pm

Emile wrote:^Mh. I notice it only when I see a mirrored picture of him.

Btw, they used a nice photo!

He's also one of the youngest to came out, right? (or the youngest?) In addition, he looks handsome in that pic but usually when he's smiling looks younger than he is. Still like his smile anyway.
I was sliding throught the list, and seriously, he was one of the youngest.

I'm glad they used a current and nice photo of him :D I was getting use to see old photos of him or "Kurt" photos :rolleyes:

I did the same! and though some of them came out at a young age, none did publicly at 19 as Chris did.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 5/31/2012, 10:45 pm

Divalicious wrote:Not trying to make this a Rachel vs Kurt thing, I've gotten to the point where I don't even care about her, there is no anger. Sometimes I think in order to balance the storytelling, you have to have some losses and some wins, their problem is they give all the wins to one person, even Prom Queen, and she doesn't even get real losses, just set backs. In the end Rachel gets what she wants, the solos, the NYADA, the plays, the spotlight, even a boyfriend who loves her enough to let her go, only to court her like mad sometime next year to get her back. There is no if, only when for Rachel.

This - this balance (or rather, lack of) for Kurt, and Rachel, is a big part of what makes all this so frustrating, and the majority of season 3 emphasized and illuminated it even more. The finale was just what hammered the final nail into the coffin, so to speak, and made all of us Kurtsies unable accept anymore the contrasted imbalance of Glee's two biggest characters when Kurt was rejected and Rachel was let in.

And just little things here and there could make the storytelling so much better, and easier to swallow. Why not let Kurt win the presidential election, just so he'd have at least one success to his name, especially when Brittany didn't even do anything with it? And why let Rachel win Prom Queen due to a caring sympathy vote from her friends (which is cruel in a way, if you contrast this again with Kurt and how his Prom Queen nomination was a malicious joke), when she was already going to get her big victory - getting Carmen to see her audition, and ultimately getting into NYADA? Tipping the scales this small bit would make the story smoother, would lessen some of the upset.

And it's not that we want Kurt to get things handed to him on a silver platter all the time. At least, that's not what I'm wanting. I fully expect him to have to struggle and work hard again next season, too, and that makes sense, it's life and that's how it should be, you don't get everything you want and you don't always succeed. But next season I want, need Kurt to succeed at something, anything, some tangible personal triumph that will finally bring some joy and accomplishment to his life (and, as a Kurtsie, of course I'd love him to have several triumphs here and there, or at least a fantastic huge one). The best case scenario for me would probably be Kurt going to New York, struggling for half the season, and then at the midway point, suddenly things get gradually better and better, little wins here and there, until he gets some incredible triumph toward the finale, maybe right after a sudden dramatic set back - similar to Rachel this season in the final few episodes, but not so heavy handed.

Unless the writers are trying to make a specific point with Kurt always losing all the time, then having a balance of wins and losses is always the best method for storytelling, and I'm not sure why the Glee writers don't utilize this....

(Though, maybe the writers really do think Kurt maturing into the lovely person that he is, and having a boyfriend, and a loving father, is enough "reward" in his life....and maybe, they think Rachel having a strained relationship with her birth mother, and a perpetual up-and-down relationship with Finn, and her struggle to gain friends throughout the seasons is enough of a "loss" in her life, and so they do think it's balanced. To be a fly on the wall in a Glee writer's meeting....)

Kurt gets losses, he gets kicked on, he has to feel bad about someone who harrassed him, and then tried to kill himself, because no one can do scenes like that other than Kurt. Kurt hurts for others, Rachel usually only hurts for herself, it is the nature of their characters. That is why Kurt is willing to support plays that don't support him, he is a team player. That is why Kurt doesn't demand what he deserves, like the Troubletones. Kurt is a caretaker, he took care of his father, and he goes into the nuturing mode in most situations. Rachel is used to being cared for, by doting parents, doting teacher, sometimes doltish boyfriend. I think NY is going to be a huge wake up call, especially since all her caretakers are not going to be in NY. Santana isn't a caretaker, except with Brittnay. Rachel isn't going to have that support she has had all her life, and I think she is going to find that the hardest thing, she needs her support, she is too high strung not to have someone helping her emotionally.

100% agree with all of this, this is how I view Kurt and Rachel as well, nurturer versus the nurtured, and also think - if the writers follow through, you never know with them - that it would be a great story for Rachel next year to finally realize she won't always have a Mr. Schue to guarantee her solos or friends who will vouch for her talent, she needs to be able to handle loss and to face a true struggle and stand on her own two feet, apart from people always supporting her. I would root for that Rachel. I would care about that Rachel. I hope her storyline next season will be something like that.

Kurt doesn't need that same assistance, he is used to loss, and picks himself up and continues on. That being said I wish he had someone who was a little more pushy about taking care of him, that puts his well being above their own. Burt and Kurt has more of an equal relationship, Burt has grown very used to his independent little boy. While I am not against Klaine, I would love for someone as stubborn as Kurt to come into his life and try to make things better for him, even with Kurt digging in his heels and saying he can do things himself. Secretly, I think Kurt would like to have someone take care of him for a while, he has done so much for others for so long, I don't know what he would do with that kind of emotional safety net.

YOU ARE MY BRAIN TWIN. This this this, I feel exactly the same way, especially the bolded. That's exactly what I always wanted for his boyfriend too, or at this point I would settle for a close friend, someone who would adore him and would take care of him, even if Kurt tried to insist he could do everything on his own. Kurt's nurturing, sweet nature is one of my favorite things about him, and yet after seeing him take care of others again and again (from his Dad to Blaine to Rachel, Finn, Karofsky), I keep wanting to see someone take care of Kurt sometimes, too. Kurt's emotionally strong, he always has been, and is stubborn and resilient. But even so, he still needs someone who will nurture him as he has for others, and be a safe, loving, supportive presence for him. Someone he won't be afraid to breakdown in front of, someone who will champion him. I also wonder how Kurt would react if he had someone like that in his life, and agree that I think he secretly wants someone to.

....and now I'm wondering if this post actually belongs more in the episode thread than the appreciation thread? Oh well. ooppss
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 6/1/2012, 6:34 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 23 Tumblr_m4xm4e9P3w1r4e4j3o1_500

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 23 Tumblr_m4xi4beAjB1qe476yo1_r1_500
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 6/1/2012, 6:28 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 23 Tumblr_m4yj9qq91v1qg5mtao1_500
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/1/2012, 6:32 pm

Remember this?
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 23 A-great-destination-for-tourists-or-perhaps-a-wedding

Well, it's actually from here:

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 23 Chris+Colfer+wearing+mustachioed+t+shirt+tight+heXq3E-1qGIl

LOL ptdr

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/1/2012, 6:41 pm

Shinra17 wrote:Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 23 Tumblr_m4yj9qq91v1qg5mtao1_500

Razz I'm glad Downton Abbey doesn't have so many episodes. But it seems he's having a good weekend.

Last edited by brisallie on 6/1/2012, 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/1/2012, 7:06 pm

downton abby episodes are almost 70 minutes long w/o commercials. so the total viewing time will be LONG.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/1/2012, 7:14 pm

fantastica wrote:downton abby episodes are almost 70 minutes long w/o commercials. so the total viewing time will be LONG.

Well he has the whole weekend to see it Smile if he has nothing else to do but sleep, eat or going to the bathroom.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/1/2012, 7:17 pm

i did that w/ the lord of hte rings trilogy extended dvd. each movie is over 3 hrs so it was a grueling day, and since then I haven't touched it for years.

they should have fastened the pace more. Peter Jackson has a tendency to make very SLOW movies, so the movies get very long.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/1/2012, 7:28 pm

fantastica wrote:i did that w/ the lord of hte rings trilogy extended dvd. each movie is over 3 hrs so it was a grueling day, and since then I haven't touched it for years.

they should have fastened the pace more. Peter Jackson has a tendency to make very SLOW movies, so the movies get very long.

I've never seen the extended version because I couldn't find it but the regular version was enough for me. I meant I've never see the 3 movies in a row but you're so right with the slow time, If weren't because I was really into the plot, I almost fell sleep. You know, it happened me the same with The Lovely Bones.

Remembering baby penguin lol
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 23 Tumblr_m4ylc9fBxU1rp439xo5_250
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/1/2012, 7:32 pm

that's not a penguin. that's a human being! - wait my brain is fried. I have to go to bed now. adios!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/1/2012, 8:29 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 23 Tumblr_m4yjvpSZdQ1qg5mtao1_r1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/1/2012, 9:01 pm

OT, but the extended versions of LOTR is fantastic, totally worth the extra time, especially the whole subplot in Return of the King with Éowyn and Faramir, as well as Saruman's cut scenes.

I don't think I have ever had a 9 hour movie marathon, but I definitely had them with tv shows. I had days where I would watch between 10-15 45 minute episodes in one siting, with bathroom and food breaks of course.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  E-ko 6/1/2012, 9:18 pm

^ Oh, I do it with TV shows all the time too, but mostly not intentionally at all. It's just so hard to turn it off when you're really into it, sheesh.

About the tweets, yay for a relaxing night of couch-potato-ing. Smile And I don't watch Downton Abbey, but do I smell Chris and Ashley engaging in some sort of ship-war/ship-shade there? Lol!

E-ko
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 6/2/2012, 5:58 am

E-ko wrote:About the tweets, yay for a relaxing night of couch-potato-ing. Smile And I don't watch Downton Abbey, but do I smell Chris and Ashley engaging in some sort of ship-war/ship-shade there? Lol!
I watched Downton Abbey I don't like it so much ooops, and Sir Richard is a sort of assh... mean character that nobody can actually like for the things he has done. Well, apparently or Ashely does (!) or he's trolling her. LOL.

I read that tweet alone, so decontextualized, and at first I totally thought they were talking about Twilight!
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/2/2012, 6:43 pm

Saw this amazing thing on someone's tumblr and wanna share it here:

Glee, Season 3 Re-Do, How It Should Have Gone Down: Kurt getting into NYADA

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 23 Tumblr_m4jz1kbf7t1qmeiveo1_250_Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 23 Tumblr_m4jz1kbf7t1qmeiveo2_250
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 23 Tumblr_m4jz1kbf7t1qmeiveo3_250_Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 23 Tumblr_m4jz1kbf7t1qmeiveo4_250
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 23 Tumblr_m4jz1kbf7t1qmeiveo5_250_Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 2 - Page 23 Tumblr_m4jz1kbf7t1qmeiveo6_250

Source

Sigh wub ...why can't these fans be the writers instead?

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon 6/3/2012, 5:27 pm

hey Chris will be at some mtv thing tonight right? How many hours from now till that begins?
sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 6/3/2012, 5:44 pm

I know The MTV Movies Awards are tonight but I can't remeber if Chris will be there. It starts at 9.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 6/3/2012, 5:45 pm

^Don't know how many hours untill it airs, but it does at 8pm ET/PT.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon 6/3/2012, 5:51 pm

ah thanks girls/boys!
sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 6/3/2012, 5:56 pm

^Girlzzzz.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 6/3/2012, 9:12 pm

I watch the MTV Movie Awards every year but can't watch them the one time Chris is presenting crycry , have to go to a wedding reception and then wake up early for my brother's graduation tomorrow. Will catch up on things much later. Y'all enjoy watching Chris tonight!.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 6/3/2012, 9:21 pm

http://www.mtv.com/ontv/movieawards/2012/watch-movie-awards-live-stream.jhtml

There are several livestreams at the link, including red carpet and behind-the-scenes. Chris is listed as a presenter tonight.
(from CNN tumblr)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is not available for non-US residents though suure
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next