Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4

+30
ColferGirl
kac
arina
sjonnepon
paulopf
Ireth
Sani
happydays
msjoanlucette
ColferInspired
Vir Cotto
ChrisColferFan1
M&M
Dame Loli
Shinra17
sheny
Emile
fantastica
Buenos
Divalicious
Delight
brisallie
sahhar
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
E-ko
Glorfindel
BlueJazz
CloveGlee
tanita_mors
34 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4

Post  fantastica 6/24/2012, 4:38 pm

i heard that it's not even easy to join. some people get rejected for joining because they are not active LJ users or something like that.

i only go there to dig new stuff. there's no need to join. I now only post on this forum and once in a blue moon go to GF, and to an even lesser degree visit P-F. everywhere people post/say the same thing so saying it once is enough for me. The weather is too hot and I am lazy.

ontd-glee worships Kevin and Naya, and also very pro Amber, Lea and Dianna. Chris is somewhere in the middle, as are most of the other guys. In the bottom pit are Cory, Matt and Darren. They also hate the TGP guys. there's no doubt that comm is quite biased, like most other communities. That's why there are so many different glee fan communities out there. People join groups because they like a particular "tone" of hte conversation, or a particular chemistry of the people in teh group.

i like all of us here, that's why I sticking around. neutre
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4

Post  Shinra17 6/24/2012, 5:10 pm

^ Indeed, it appears like a generalist (?) glee community but actually, it's closer to a fan community of a few cast members. Lol@Kevin the ugliest.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 6/26/2012, 5:41 am

BlueJazz wrote:For anyone who needs a good laugh (at some stupid stuff), kindly click the link below:

LOL

That's... kinda embarrassing, and also kinda funny.

*shakes head*

I have more to say on the matter of deluded CrissColfer shippers, but I'll refrain from doing so as my current thoughts are all nasty and best left locked up in my head for now.

Shinra17 wrote:^ Indeed, it appears like a generalist (?) glee community but actually, it's closer to a fan community of a few cast members.

I guess what makes this forum different is that it doesn't pretend to be anything other than a pro-Chris forum fanny2

As for the case of the ONTD member who got banned, I suppose it drives home the fact that it's vital for people to suss out the 'atmosphere' of a forum before joining it, as there's always the possibility of stepping on a land mine and getting blasted for it. Same reason why discussion of Blaine is more or less off-limits in the Kurt threads on GF.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/26/2012, 12:33 pm

I just accidentally saw a Rachel/Blaine kissing pic online and my first reaction is vomir Ew, I don't know why but I just can't stand Blaine with anyone else in ND, not even Sebastian vomit2 Maybe I just hate him and think the only one he should be is the creepy Jacob or Sandy tonguue

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/26/2012, 1:19 pm

BlueJazz wrote:I just accidentally saw a Rachel/Blaine kissing pic online and my first reaction is vomir Ew, I don't know why but I just can't stand Blaine with anyone else in ND, not even Sebastian vomit2 Maybe I just hate him and think the only one he should be is the creepy Jacob or Sandy tonguue

Now that's a ship I can ship. Can the ship name be Blandy Blanderson?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 6/26/2012, 2:28 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
BlueJazz wrote:I just accidentally saw a Rachel/Blaine kissing pic online and my first reaction is vomir Ew, I don't know why but I just can't stand Blaine with anyone else in ND, not even Sebastian vomit2 Maybe I just hate him and think the only one he should be is the creepy Jacob or Sandy tonguue

Now that's a ship I can ship. Can the ship name be Blandy Blanderson?

ptdr

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 6/26/2012, 3:02 pm

I don't mind shipping rachel and blaine, and this ship would sail on the Styx...
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/26/2012, 3:55 pm

Sigh. I shouldn't have visited GF out of curiosity and boredom just now. I think I just met a jerk over there dryy

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 6/26/2012, 9:04 pm

BlueJazz wrote:Sigh. I shouldn't have visited GF out of curiosity and boredom just now. I think I just met a jerk over there dryy

I don't visit GF at all now. It's better to just stay here.

And in reference to Blarren's place on the AfterElton list, I still fail to see how he's supposed to be hot and attractive, especially with the way he carries himself vomir

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/26/2012, 10:11 pm

sahhar wrote:
BlueJazz wrote:Sigh. I shouldn't have visited GF out of curiosity and boredom just now. I think I just met a jerk over there dryy

And in reference to Blarren's place on the AfterElton list, I still fail to see how he's supposed to be hot and attractive, especially with the way he carries himself vomir

I hardly ever go to the GF anymore. I like our home here too much, and I'd much rather play here.

I don't see how he's supposed to be hot and attractive either. I mean, he's not ugly, but I don't think he's hot, or even handsome. Those eyebrows and the stupid faces he makes are just not attractive (at least not to me).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 6/26/2012, 10:29 pm

I admit I spend very little time on GF anymore, today was the most I've done since the end of the season, I think. It is more friendly, and we all have the same primary interest, so lots in common here.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 6/26/2012, 10:37 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
sahhar wrote:

I hardly ever go to the GF anymore. I like our home here too much, and I'd much rather play here.

I don't see how he's supposed to be hot and attractive either. I mean, he's not ugly, but I don't think he's hot, or even handsome. Those eyebrows and the stupid faces he makes are just not attractive (at least not to me).

At one point in earlier times I used to find him a little attractive ( vomit2 ), but as time progressed I kept getting more and more put off by him. The classless way he conducts himself in real life, the trying-to-be-cool-and-funny-but ending-up-being-obnoxious attitude, and just other things in general.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/26/2012, 11:25 pm

sahhar wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:
sahhar wrote:

At one point in earlier times I used to find him a little attractive ( vomit2 ), but as time progressed I kept getting more and more put off by him. The classless way he conducts himself in real life, the trying-to-be-cool-and-funny-but ending-up-being-obnoxious attitude, and just other things in general.

Actually, I think part of the initial appeal in Darren for a lot of us was the portrayal and characterization of Blaine in season two. We found Darren appealing because we found Blaine appealing because he was the object off Kurt's affection.

But as Darren started to appeared in more interviews, and apppearances, and really started showing himself as a fame whore, it made him a lot less appealing. And it got worse when we saw more and more how weak an actor Darren was.

While Darren fans may love the way he carries himself in public, it's the same thing that turns off much of the GA. So, giving his fans the attitude and goofiness that they want, he could wind up killing his career because he is turning off the GA, and probably a lot of Hollywood.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 6/27/2012, 12:32 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
sahhar wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:
sahhar wrote:

Actually, I think part of the initial appeal in Darren for a lot of us was the portrayal and characterization of Blaine in season two. We found Darren appealing because we found Blaine appealing because he was the object off Kurt's affection.

But as Darren started to appeared in more interviews, and apppearances, and really started showing himself as a fame whore, it made him a lot less appealing. And it got worse when we saw more and more how weak an actor Darren was.

While Darren fans may love the way he carries himself in public, it's the same thing that turns off much of the GA. So, giving his fans the attitude and goofiness that they want, he could wind up killing his career because he is turning off the GA, and probably a lot of Hollywood.

You're so right. That definitely was my initial appeal of Blarren. We never really knew the real person underneath, so we just blindly accepted him with open arms into the Glee universe because we wanted to see Kurt happy. As time progressed his acting got progressively worse, which showed that he wasn't capable of adding layers and complexity to a character.

Then everything else, I started noticing his behavior in interviews, the favoritism by the Glee makers towards him, the blatant sucking up (pun intended) to Trollphy. It's come to the point now where I cannot stand the guy. Chris must have too nice of a heart to put up with Blarren and not lose it.

One thing he should be working on is bettering himself as an actor, then MAYBE I'll be convinced and won't mind him as much. But as of right now, the attention whore attitude of his visible in all his appearances and interviews is not sitting well with me and will hardly help in him getting legit work in Hollywood.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 6/27/2012, 4:09 am

Jellyrolls wrote:I hardly ever go to the GF anymore. I like our home here too much, and I'd much rather play here.

That's why I always scroll quickly when I'm at the level of your signature... Laughing phr34r
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/27/2012, 6:40 am

I know this forum is a friendlier place than GF but I also quite enjoyed the conversation that I had with the people over there sometimes neutre Plus the different dynamic over there is kinda interesting, too. That's probably why I was tempted to visit there blushh Anyway, I think that fan who made fun of Kurt's fans (I think it's a hobbit fan) by saying Kurt shippers will even ship Kurt with a tree if it's good-looking kinda turns me off, so I have no more desire to visit the place for the moment.

BTW, I find it amusing that some Klainers liked that fan's post. Hmm...maybe he/she was only insulting Kurtsies who are not klainers.

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/27/2012, 6:56 am

Shinra17 wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:I hardly ever go to the GF anymore. I like our home here too much, and I'd much rather play here.

That's why I always scroll quickly when I'm at the level of your signature... Laughing phr34r

I know. I hate that Darren is in it, but I love Chris saying "What is wrong with you?" Smile

ETA, Hey Shinra, can something like that be manipulated to put a black dot over Darren's face? lol

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 6/27/2012, 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/27/2012, 7:03 am

^LOL. I love that, too fanny2 I wish he could say it more to Blaine (or Rachel) next season tonguue

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 6/27/2012, 9:50 am

Uh oh, I haven't gotten the chance or time to check it out properly. Have the Kurt threads there been invaded, or are we talking about general threads where Kurt and anyone else non-Blaine can be shredded with impunity (I've avoided the general threads most of the time)?

Jellyrolls wrote:
I know. I hate that Darren is in it, but I love Chris saying "What is wrong with you?" Smile

ETA, Hey Shinra, can something like that be manipulated to put a black dot over Darren's face? lol

To be honest, my Chris/Kurt goggles could only see Kurt in that gif tonguue (I'm trying to acquire the skill where I can mentally blot out Blaine's face when Kurt has to share a scene with him)
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/27/2012, 11:26 am

Delight wrote:

Uh oh, I haven't gotten the chance or time to check it out properly. Have the Kurt threads there been invaded, or are we talking about general threads where Kurt and anyone else non-Blaine can be shredded with impunity (I've avoided the general threads most of the time)?
Except for the not so 'funny' comment of shipping Kurt with a tree in a general thread, the Klainers have been quiet this time around. They are busy with the Glee Equality Project and I think they want Kurt in New York too.

What happened was that the posters in the Kurt Spoiler thread (not a general thread) got some 'good advice' from a few Rachel fans to stop whining and be more positive towards Kurt's future and the Keck spoiler ("look at the bigger picture", "the finale isn't the end", "RIB luuuuv Kurt", "Kurt will be in New York so you should be satisfied now", blablabla). And then someone even mentioned that Glee never was an ensemble show in the first place and that Rachel fans have had it rough as well because Rachel has been handed a lot of crap too. Yeah right. dryy
I don't mind other posters being positive, on the contrary, but I don't need this sort of condescending pep-talk from non-Kurtsies in a Kurt thread, especially not from Rachel fans. :angry:

The general threads have been tense the first week(s) after the finale, mostly indeed people telling the Kurtsies to not make a drama out of Kurt not getting into NYADA (see the arguments above). And of course Kurt's talent was questioned again, compared to special snowflake Rachel.
But tbh, most Gleeks on GF were shocked and displeased about Kurt's fate in the finale, and we got a lot, a lot of support as well. Many Gleeks are turned off by the Rachel Berry show, many Gleeks think Kurt has gotten a shitty deal in the finale and want Kurt to win at something, even when they don't particularly like Kurt as a character.

It mostly has turned into another Rachel vs. Kurt war. I've seen it in other forums too (e.g. ONTD_Glee and TWoP). Not only were these 2 characters together in the NYADA arc, and one won undeserved and the other lost undeserved, but there is also the issue of the Rachel Berry show vs. Kurt being Rachel's prop and him not getting screentime after the letter opening scene. Plus because of the last episodes of season 3 Rachel (and Finchel) lost a lot of sympathy in the fandom, while Kurt won a lot of sympathy in that same fandom.

So we have 3 things:
1) the canon: Rachel getting into NYADA unearned and Kurt did not when nailing his audition.
2) the screentime: Rachel getting the train scene and a send-off with that bland Anders song, and Kurt got nothing anymore.
3) the fandom: Rachel (Finchel, the Rachel Berry show instead of Glee) lost sympathy, Kurt won sympathy.

It's going to be a long hot summer. arghh
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 6/27/2012, 1:59 pm

It is very true that Kurt has garnered more sympathy. I was on TWOP, and reading the postings of a person who is a Finn fan, who usually puts down Kurt, and even he/she thought the ending was undeserved. I actually think the Emmy bid for Lea is going to bite the character of Rachel in the tushy. It is too bad the writers can't write evenly, some successes, some losses. Get sympathy, but also let the characters enjoy some victory. There wouldn't have been the Kurt is a saint backlash in season 2, and the probable backlash to Rachel for season 3's multiple undeserved victories.

They really shouldn't have written that Kurt did a great job in the audition, but is put in backgrounds for competitions, and then had Rachel blow it, but be put center stage for so much of the competition. The only way I will ever find this palatable is that someone, Kurt, Blaine, someone hold Will with some account to Kurt not having the chance to get into NYADA. We saw it wasn't talent, so it had to be his background status, and lack of extracurriculars (even though we know they exist, in football and cheerios). Kurt had a teacher that didn't believe in him, and it caused him to fail at a dream. I want that. I want Will dealing with his favoritism harming the future of the kids he ignores because he doesn't know what to do with them. The only problem is they will most likely do that with Unique, whom I find an unpalatable actor. It will give Matt a chance to show his acting chops, because he will be carrying those scenes totally.

The Rachel send off could have been meaningful if it was shared. But Rachel doesn't share, and she is rewarded for it, so she continues the same behavior. It was symbolic, and in their heads probably lovely, but I don't think the writers realized after the huge emphasis on Rachel in the last episodes, that the ending needed to be shared. Hugs with Mike's parents, perhaps a proud moment with Puck's Mom finally realizing she raised a good kid, Kurt getting a sad hug from either his father or Blaine, Brittnay maybe sitting down with a book and Santana helping her, Finn walking into a recruiting station. It would have taken time for the set up, but on screen it would just be a few seconds each. More than enough time to still show Rachel victoriously arriving in NY with her inappropriate sixties outfit to show she is from out of town. Then Rachel would have been carrying their victories and failures with her, she really would have been a symbol of ND, instead of just an entitled, but talented little girl in the big city.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/27/2012, 2:33 pm

The finale was a Rachel fest orgy. yet even then the Rachel Stan's are squawking that it doesn't compare to"Furt" of season two, whatever .

I still loveRachel but it's obvious the show is all about her path to stardom.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/27/2012, 3:42 pm

I think Furt has been fully overshadowed (like tenfold), by I Kissed A Girl for Santana, and the last 4 episodes of Season 3 for Rachel (the Rachel sob fest started from Prom and it didn't waver till the last frame of Goodbye). So, as far as I'm concerned, Rachel had 4 Furt's in a row.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 6/27/2012, 3:45 pm

Buenos wrote:The finale was a Rachel fest orgy. yet even then the Rachel Stan's are squawking that it doesn't compare to"Furt" of season two, whatever .

I still loveRachel but it's obvious the show is all about her path to stardom.
except that Furt was the conclusion of the bullying arc, Kurt was representative of all the bullied kids and all the support he got at the wedding was a message to these kids. Rachel Berry represents nobody except the oversized ego of lea michele.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/27/2012, 4:15 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Except for the not so 'funny' comment of shipping Kurt with a tree in a general thread, the Klainers have been quiet this time around. They are busy with the Glee Equality Project and I think they want Kurt in New York too.

What happened was that the posters in the Kurt Spoiler thread (not a general thread) got some 'good advice' from a few Rachel fans to stop whining and be more positive towards Kurt's future and the Keck spoiler ("look at the bigger picture", "the finale isn't the end", "RIB luuuuv Kurt", "Kurt will be in New York so you should be satisfied now", blablabla). And then someone even mentioned that Glee never was an ensemble show in the first place and that Rachel fans have had it rough as well because Rachel has been handed a lot of crap too. Yeah right. dryy
I don't mind other posters being positive, on the contrary, but I don't need this sort of condescending pep-talk from non-Kurtsies in a Kurt thread, especially not from Rachel fans. :angry:

So we have 3 things:
1) the canon: Rachel getting into NYADA unearned and Kurt did not when nailing his audition.
2) the screentime: Rachel getting the train scene and a send-off with that bland Anders song, and Kurt got nothing anymore.
3) the fandom: Rachel (Finchel, the Rachel Berry show instead of Glee) lost sympathy, Kurt won sympathy.

It's going to be a long hot summer. arghh

I think the comment of "shipping Kurt with a tree" is not from a Klainer (but surprisingly some Kurtsies who ship klaine supported it Shocked ), it's from a Darren fan who hopes that Glee writers will abandon the seniors and focus only one juniors next season (with Seblaine being a next power couple on glee fanny2 ). Frankly speaking, I hope I'll never meet that person again since those encounters we've had were unpleasant and kinda messy mince

As for the "Rachel stan incident", I think they're either very controlling people or they're really bored. I posted a kinda flaming retort over there and I hope that I wasn't too hard on that person blushh I feel a little bad for doing that after calming down.

Yeah, I guess the only thing that we earned after all these mess is "Kurt got sympathy" and "Rachel's fans keep advising us to shut up", huh? Oh, and some Chris bashing over ONTD because people are jealous and in bitch mode. Yup, it's definitely gonna be a loooong summer fufufu sifflou

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next