Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4

+30
ColferGirl
kac
arina
sjonnepon
paulopf
Ireth
Sani
happydays
msjoanlucette
ColferInspired
Vir Cotto
ChrisColferFan1
M&M
Dame Loli
Shinra17
sheny
Emile
fantastica
Buenos
Divalicious
Delight
brisallie
sahhar
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
E-ko
Glorfindel
BlueJazz
CloveGlee
tanita_mors
34 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 30 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4

Post  brisallie 7/17/2012, 7:53 pm

sjonnepon wrote:
Vir Cotto wrote:
sjonnepon wrote:"I am still mad about that. I’m upset with that because, I mean personally, it’s like I wore these tight gold pants for nothing."
- Chris Colfer (re. Kurt not getting into NYADA)

I reallty wonder what Chris' username on this forum is.

Which interview did he says this in? There's so many today; it's hard to keep up!

it's this one

Thanks. I was wondering when did he say this.

Poor baby!! I know he did his best doing that performance and wearing those (hot) golden pants but at the end... at the end it seems that work was sent to the garbage :(

But quoting Jelly:
I didn't want to quote the whole article above, but he didn't wear the gold pants for nothing. They made tanita_mors very happy.

and I would add that Tanita wasn't the only one happy Smile

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 30 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4

Post  sjonnepon 7/17/2012, 9:21 pm

Vir Cotto wrote:Pardon my rant, folks, but right now not only are the Blaine-biased moderators policing the Kurt threads at GF, but now the Rachel-biased moderators are as well. There's been a Rachel stan moderator sitting in the Kurt spoiler thread for over a day, judging everything that's said, and telling the Kurt fans what they're allowed to feel. They objected to Kurtsies complaining in the main threads, and then they followed them back to the Kurt threads to try stop them there.

And, since I know GF has it's little spies over here reporting back evey word that gets said, let me just say this: You complain about the negative things that get said about Darren over here, (who I'm sure couldn't give a fuck what we say), and call it bullying; but you follow Kurt fans around and do your damnedest to stop them from saying anything about your favorites. You're the bullies. Bullying is about power. We have no power over Darren or Blaine; you have power over the people who post at GF, and you use it to protect your favorites and slap down anyone who has a different opinion.

Feel free, GF moderators, to ban my ass. There's not a single thread over there where a Kurt fan can be left in peace to talk about Kurt with a moderator getting in their face, so what's the point?

I asked in the spoiler-thread if we were even allowed to say anything there.
Rachelstannie told me a nice reply that 'because of those posts there are mods in the kurt-thread'
yeah, right, whatever
sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/17/2012, 11:02 pm

Pardon me for complaining about GF anymore. I don't post there anymore so I don't even know what's going on, and as a result they don't bother me.

For those of you who hate being policed elsewhere, you can choose to not go there. It's not worth the aggrevation you know. neutre
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 7/17/2012, 11:37 pm

The horror stories I hear about how some at GF behave has made me less interested in going there. The main moderators are in a cushy situation, their favorites are in the spotlight, get respect. Our favorite is more complex, and therefore less accessible. If they were in our position, they would be grousing to high heaven, and we would be expected to commiserate with them. In fact they would be pulling Kurt down.

I am so thankful that this board was created. For the most part on GF I really only look at spoilers, when I see people who don't even care for Kurt's character hanging out on the Kurt board I feel very unrespected.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/18/2012, 12:21 am

Vir Cotto wrote:Pardon my rant, folks, but right now not only are the Blaine-biased moderators policing the Kurt threads at GF, but now the Rachel-biased moderators are as well. There's been a Rachel stan moderator sitting in the Kurt spoiler thread for over a day, judging everything that's said, and telling the Kurt fans what they're allowed to feel. They objected to Kurtsies complaining in the main threads, and then they followed them back to the Kurt threads to try stop them there.

And, since I know GF has it's little spies over here reporting back evey word that gets said, let me just say this: You complain about the negative things that get said about Darren over here, (who I'm sure couldn't give a fuck what we say), and call it bullying; but you follow Kurt fans around and do your damnedest to stop them from saying anything about your favorites. You're the bullies. Bullying is about power. We have no power over Darren or Blaine; you have power over the people who post at GF, and you use it to protect your favorites and slap down anyone who has a different opinion.

Feel free, GF moderators, to ban my ass. There's not a single thread over there where a Kurt fan can be left in peace to talk about Kurt with a moderator getting in their face, so what's the point?

Bullying is harassment, like Chris and I have always said in my everyday life not on the internet, like probably others have as well. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 30 3181402168

I only go to that forum occassionally to see if there is anything new.

Chris knows Glee won't last for much longer, and that is why he is doing all these projects. Ones like Lea and Darren among others are still clinging to this show for dear life. Those mods and stands have to realise after Glee these actors could disappear and all their carrying on and being forum nazi's on that forum, lording over what the fans can say about their precious Blaine and Rachel, that is censorship and immature, not the way moderators should act.

Don't any of these people has real lives. Or can't they differiant between Lea and Rachel anymore, like the same is with Darren and Blaine?

Chris is trying to make sure this doesn't happen to him. He wants to still be famous, he wants to still be a name and not just be that kid from Glee. He is working his arse off with Glee and with his projects. He's not sitting around to wait for something to happen.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/18/2012, 12:22 am

do they really have more spoilers than we can get elsewhere? I get most of hte spoilers from ontd-glee and CCN.

at this point I dont care much about spoilers anymore. what can be further spoiled? It's already rotten!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 7/18/2012, 1:32 am

You know that is true. Mainly we hear about Rachel songs (because our biggest source is Lea's tweets, so of course she tweets about her stuff.) All Kurt really got last year was depressing, although it is nice to know ahead of time so we can prepare ourselves. In the end, while there are other characters I like, like Tina and Artie, I don't mind not knowing about what is coming for them. In the off chance something nice happened to Kurt, we would get a great surprise.

Although it is sad Kurt/Chris wouldn't be getting the representation he deserves on GF, if there is that much lack of support and censorship, how much would we get to say anyway. Chris fans only need to google to find this lovely haven. I know I've already posted more in few months than I have posted in a few years on GF. Maybe because I can wax poetic on how much I love the character of Kurt, and adore the actor who portrays him, without being labeled as a Kurtsie. Not that I don't love being a Kurtsie, but I didn't like the attitude that having Kurt as my favorite somehow negated my opinions. I may be biased, but I am not ignorant of the characters flaws, you can even point them out to me, but don't expect me to ignore the flaws of other characters, because no character or actor is perfect. Getting angry when we call someone on their characters behavior, but there is an expectation on their part that the same behavior from them is okay, is not an adult behavior. I think as long as we stick to our own threads and not get verbally abusive, people should be allowed freedom of speech, but that is not the case.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/18/2012, 2:55 am

If it makes you Glee Forum people feel any better, (probably not LOL) other forums are not much better. Take TWP (Television Without Pity) which true to form as what it's done in others shows has run off most of the posters who used to go there on Glee.

Their moderators are in some ways worse than stanners, they relish in their power and exempt status. The moderators nitpick and moan about being civil and even handed as far as posters, and some of their own moderators, like the shithole called Damian can bash other posters and Glee characters with abandon. For a forum that prides itself on not allowing trolling the blind item about Darren and Ryan Murphey this same recapper posted it and linked it to Darren Criss. Any other poster would have gotten booted out. Then there is the anal retentive idiot named TWHoward...there is an actual thread where you can only post media links with no commentary. So what the fuck does the moderator Howard do, he posts *his* commentary on such media links, basically saying "Screw you, I'm doing what you all can't do because you're not a moderator like me."

The problem I see is that so many that post and get involved in discussions are also moderators. It's the same problem you run across on private discussion groups that are smaller. The moderators are so invested in discussions that they will shut up posters just top win an argument by default.

So Glee Forum is not unique in any way shape or form. Does that cheer you up? ptdr
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/18/2012, 6:40 am

I believe that was the first time I've seen the mod in question post anything on a Kurt thread since I've joined GF at the start of the year. Then you get people who aren't even interested in Kurt coming to the thread to comment on the drama unfolding.

I hardly contributed to the spoiler thread there nowadays, and from the looks of it, I've managed to dodge some kind of bullet. mince

It's all swept under the carpet now, anyway (Read: posts deleted)

Before she deleted her own post, there had been some reasonable points made about the waste of bringing back Rachel's mother Shelby, with hardly any decent daughter-mother interaction to speak of. But seriously, the last thing we want to read about in a Kurt thread is how much injustice the writers have done to some of Rachel's storylines.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Vir Cotto 7/18/2012, 7:13 am

Well, I got banned. It came at the end of a day when I actually reported moderators twice. The first was "Rachel Berry", the Rachel stan, who was sitting in the Kurt thread; and the second was for Bowtie Blaine, who came into the thread and said that SJP was being brought in as a "sparring partner" for Rachel (this was after Kurtsies were harassed and their posts deleted in the main spoiler thread for complaining about the spoiler that Rachel would be involved in SJP's storyline). Although, I'm sure it's what I said over here that did it, so be warned if you still want to post over there.

The thing is that the Rachel and Blaine biased moderators are harassing Kurt fans in whatever thread they post in, and that's not going to change. So, if you post over there, you have to accept that you will be bullied. And if you can't, you'll end up like me.
Vir Cotto
Vir Cotto
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/18/2012, 8:11 am

Vir Cotto wrote:Well, I got banned. It came at the end of a day when I actually reported moderators twice. The first was "Rachel Berry", the Rachel stan, who was sitting in the Kurt thread; and the second was for Bowtie Blaine, who came into the thread and said that SJP was being brought in as a "sparring partner" for Rachel (this was after Kurtsies were harassed and their posts deleted in the main spoiler thread for complaining about the spoiler that Rachel would be involved in SJP's storyline). Although, I'm sure it's what I said over here that did it, so be warned if you still want to post over there.

The thing is that the Rachel and Blaine biased moderators are harassing Kurt fans in whatever thread they post in, and that's not going to change. So, if you post over there, you have to accept that you will be bullied. And if you can't, you'll end up like me.

I will probably be banned as well. But I won't take back what I have said. They are immature and forum nazi's.

Actually they are an embarrassment. I am actually laughing at them for the way they carry one. One day they won't be a Glee and no more forum, and no more moderators on there.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sani 7/18/2012, 8:26 am

Couple mods in GF seems pretty biased towards they're favorites. I guess it's normal in some way, but it shouldn't affect how they judge the conversations.

Some people are just not suited of being mods.
Sani
Sani
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 7/18/2012, 10:01 am

fantastica wrote:Pardon me for complaining about GF anymore. I don't post there anymore so I don't even know what's going on, and as a result they don't bother me.

For those of you who hate being policed elsewhere, you can choose to not go there. It's not worth the aggrevation you know. neutre

Always the wise one, Kim fanny2

fantastica wrote:do they really have more spoilers than we can get elsewhere? I get most of hte spoilers from ontd-glee and CCN.

at this point I dont care much about spoilers anymore. what can be further spoiled? It's already rotten!

No, they don't. I get spoilers from ONTD & CCN these days. Sometimes, they're even faster. You're right about spoilers. I despise Glee spoilers lately and I don't have much desire to look for them anymore. However, it's a pity that I can't refrain myself from visiting the spoiler thread here ooppss *facepalm*

I have no idea what happened in GF since I missed the drama and posts were deleted but here's a hug for everyone who are upset:
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 30 Tumblr_m7482jCqFH1rodgmf

I think this issue will not affect Colferites who are no longer enthusiastic about Glee but for those who still need to voice their frustrations and criticisms on GF, maybe they'll need a Kurtsie mod in future.

But look at the bright side, there're so many other mediums to express ourselves on the internet ( LJ, twitter, tumblr) and some of them are not even moderated. Plus, at least we have this forum to vent while some other fans might be less fortunate than us neutre

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/18/2012, 10:09 am

Sorry you got banned, Vir Cotto. I just popped over and looked over there, and I was surprised to see that your user name has the word banned underneath it. I've never seen a board have banned members marked with a banned tag before. On other boards I've been on, when someone is banned, they just kind of disappear.

At any rate, I think most of us here have either left or barely go on the Glee Forum any more because of the bias over there. It's within the board owners rights to run the board they way they chose, and have the moderators they chose. Message boards change and evolve based on the participation of the most active poster. It's up to us to decide if a community holds value for us anymore. For me, when it stops being fun for me to visit someplace, it's time to move on, which is why I choose not to participate over there anymore. I wasn't willing to live by their rules, so I have moved on.

I've been moderating boards for about 10 years now, and as Sani said, some people just aren't cut out to be moderators. I think a good moderator has to be fair and unbiased. You have to be able to look past something you may not agree with at times and think if it's really something that is harmful to the community as a whole and truly against board guidelines, or really just something that is against your opinion. Some people become very heavy handed when they have that moderating power.

That being said, I have to say that running an moderating a site as big as the Glee Forum is a difficult task. It really is a nicely organized and comprehensive message board. But, it's not easy keeping thousands of posters happy, especially on a board with a lot of posters in their teens who are used to getting their way. The hardest challenge for the webmasters of a board that big is to keep moderating consistent. I think they were a lot more successful the first six months I was on the board than they have been this year.

We have a lot of freedom on this board. People wanted a place where we could speak freely without fear of heavy handed moderation, or people who aren't really participating on the board coming in to complain and stop conversations. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. With that freedom, we all have to take responsibility for our words to. All's I ask is that we respect each other here.

I don't care if people come in and vent about the Glee forum here from time to time, but remember anything you say here could result in consequences for you over there.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 7/19/2012, 9:19 pm

Anyone read this piece of news?, Perez Hilton thinks Blarren was robbed of an Emmy, Laughing Razz ptdr moque lol! blahh guzu

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/19/2012, 9:27 pm

sahhar wrote:Anyone read this piece of news?, Perez Hilton thinks Blarren was robbed of an Emmy, Laughing Razz ptdr moque lol! blahh guzu

Perez thinks with his penis not his brain.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 7/19/2012, 10:50 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
sahhar wrote:Anyone read this piece of news?, Perez Hilton thinks Blarren was robbed of an Emmy, Laughing Razz ptdr moque lol! blahh guzu

Much like Mr Trollphy eh? Laughing .

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/19/2012, 10:55 pm

sahhar wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:

I just remember being really grossed out by seeing the way Perez behaved when he interviewed Darren at the 3d movie premeire.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 7/19/2012, 11:06 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
sahhar wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:

I just remember being really grossed out by seeing the way Perez behaved when he interviewed Darren at the 3d movie premeire.

I've never seen that interview, that bad huh?, Perez has issues Rolling Eyes .

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/20/2012, 12:29 am

And if we didn't have enough to upset our stomachs, to have the first ep named "The New Rachel"?

Wow show... nice to at least drop the pretence that any other storylines matter except for St. Rachel of the Special Snowflake. The only way this episode is going to be tolerable to me is if Rachel is left shredded and in tears at the end when she realizes that not everyone in NYADA thinks that she's God's gift to musical theater and that just maybe, going to NYADA isn't the fantasy that she expected it to be.

I can see it now... Rachel swans into her first dance class with one of her inane inner monologues talking about how she's going to dazzel them with her talent and about the dance contests she won as a toddler. The teacher introduces herself and asks the class to discuss their previous dance training so she can get an idea of their experience. One girl talks about her internship with the ABT, another who did a tour with Cirque de Soiler, one who was on a competative dance team that won their nationals four years running and one who just missed making the top 20 of So You Think You Can Dance (letting FOX plug another failing show). Rachel talks about the contests that she won as a 10 year old (which is met with much eye rolling). Class begins and Rachel immediately sees that she is very badly outclassed. And it all goes downhill from there for her.

She ends the ep sitting in her dorm room alone (because her roommate barely tolerates her), in tears because this was far worse than it was when she first started in McKinley, where she had no friends but at least had the comfort that she was the most talented girl around. Now that illusion has been cruelly stripped away. ptdr

Can't wait for the Rachel pain to begin.

Oh, and while that is going on, some... stuff happens in Lima with other people.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/20/2012, 12:34 am

you know rachel's pain is only temporary. didn't she cry enough last season? yup. but she always "overcame" them. unlike kurt. who never wins, because he's not allowed to. he's not just gay but wrong type of gay - so he's perfect to be bullied not just by students but by writers too.

I guarantee you that by the end of that Kate Hudson's glee run she will finally admit that Rachel is the better than she is and that one day rachel will be the biggest star since the creation of the universe.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/20/2012, 1:20 am

In my opinion he was not robbed, not even close.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/20/2012, 6:17 am

You know what I need to see this season? A return to Rosie's Turn Era Kurt. A Kurt who doesn't just take the lumps that life hands out, but who genuinely fights for himself and what he wants. I'm not looking forward to seeing Kurt moping about Lima and lurking by McKinley like some sad loser ghost. He deserves to express some real righteous rage over how things panned out for him.

It is very, very unusual for Kurt to actually indulge in self-pity. He is better known for having a steal spine and being resolute even in the face of the worst hardship. He hangs on to his ideals even when everything around him is battering him. He didn't out Karofsky even though it would have halted the harassment he was suffering and might have allowed him to stay in McKinley. He didn't change his beliefs when his father was possibly dying and everyone around him was trying to entice him into prayer circles. He's perhaps the most composed, self-assured individual on the show. He knows who he is and won't change for the whims of others, even if it would save him some pain.

What's stranger is that he very rarely responds in real anger towards someone, even when rightly warrented. Confronting Karofsky in the locker room was the first time I really can recall Kurt absolutely flipping out and responding to something in real anger. That's not to say he doesn't get angry because he does. But it's a quiet, simmering type of anger, and he can hold onto a grudge when he really wants to. But lashing out because something hurt him or something was unfair and he couldn't respond or change things? He internalizes that, and the anger simmers before he just lets it go. Not sure if that's healthier than just venting, but that's how Kurt operates.

I would love to see Kurt learn of the string pulling on Rachel's behalf, if only because I want to see a reaction out of him other than quiet self-reflection and feeling yet again that he just doesn't measure up. He has a right to be upset that things just never work out for him no matter how hard he tries. I'd like to see him lash out at Schu, for not once in three years managing to give him a single prominent role in a competition which could very well have helped him. I'd like to see him call Artie out on his hyprocrasy and cruelty during the WSS for ridiculing him after his audition and reminding Artie (and Bieste while he's at it) that they're not the only ones who constantly have to challenge people's perceptions of them. I'd like to see him yell at Tina for not only inadvertantly possibly costing him his shot at NYADA, but sacrificing her own ambitions for someone who not once was willing to take a backseat to her (reminding her of Rachel's tantrum over the Tonight solo might not be out of line). I'd like him to call out all the guys who not once counted him as "one of the guys", and his boyfriend for his hyprocrasy over the Sebastian/Chandler messes. He can be angry at himself for getting so caught up in Rachel's fantasy that he didn't leave himself other options.

More than feeling sorry for himself (however justified), I want to see Kurt fired up and angry over the shit hand life keeps dealing him and make it clear that he's not going to take a backseat to anyone any longer. Then let him get his ass to NY, meet up with his heterosexual lifepartner Santana and plan their conquest of the city. Kurt doesn't need NYADA. He just needs to get his fire back. sayian
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/20/2012, 6:42 am

besides the fire, I feel like all the negative or less then savory aspects of Kurt's character have been diminished in the last two years. It's like, he is such a role model that he can't be petty, or vindictive, or scheming, self-absorbed, passive-aggressive,.... any more. Some of it is still in traces there, but this "haulier then thou" Kurt is in full force and it's irritating me like nothing else. I didn't like Kurt because he was perfect little gay teen, I liked him because he had the perfect measure of human imperfection.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 7/20/2012, 6:57 am

I don't agree with Perez when I first read this but the following tumblr post changed my mind (got in from ONTD):

The self-proclaimed GLEEKS that have an irrational hatred for Darren Criss just make me sick. You can’t call yourself a member of said fandom and then turn around and despise a character that has brought so much light, life, and positivity to an otherwise mediocre show on a decent day. True GLEEKS just love Kurt and his storyline, so why would you hate a character that is finally an upstanding gay male in Kurt’s life? A positive influence? An inspiration to the LGBTQ community, as well as heteros around the globe?
You people make no sense to me, but I’d rather you not anyway. Darren Criss is a sexy man, Blaine Anderson is a great character, he’s just had some odd moments. Notably though, you cannot hate on Darren Criss for this, blame the writers who seem to suffer amnesia in regards to the storyline after every flippin’ episode.
And yes, I tagged Chris Colfer in this post JUST. TO. PISS. YOU. OFF.

Guys, he was freaking robbed! Evil or Very Mad No phr34r

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next