Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4

+30
ColferGirl
kac
arina
sjonnepon
paulopf
Ireth
Sani
happydays
msjoanlucette
ColferInspired
Vir Cotto
ChrisColferFan1
M&M
Dame Loli
Shinra17
sheny
Emile
fantastica
Buenos
Divalicious
Delight
brisallie
sahhar
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
E-ko
Glorfindel
BlueJazz
CloveGlee
tanita_mors
34 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 19 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4

Post  ColferGirl 6/18/2012, 12:29 pm

BlueJazz wrote: I guess I'm just tend to be too sensitive about this stuff and will overreact sometimes. I hope you guys can bear with my "weird" attitude. I should learn how to not get worked up on these silly stuff and focus more on the positive ones neutre

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 19 Tumblr_m3dj77lDgU1qcpsrlo1_250

I'm a bit late, but, don't apologize or feel bad about how you feel or react to things, BlueJazz. We're all friends here and this is a safe place to feel however you feel, no matter whether that's anger or happiness or depression, whatever. If you need to vent, we'll vent with you or help cheer you up. So please don't feel like you're a nuisance or we have to "bear with" or "put up with" you. I love talking to everyone here, you included, you're my friend, so please don't feel bad about yourself. bisou

BlueJazz wrote:Since the Much Music Awards Show 2012 is the latest event right now, I'm gonna post a link of a video of a hobbit who just won't stop embarrassing himself (I don't know how to embed it):

A man embarrassing himself by quoting Broadway

Wow at " that's how we do in Broadway" ! Wow, you're a Broadway star now after 3 weeks on it, DC? And you called THAT KIND of singing "Broadway style"?

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 19 30aaywo

I don't even know that you're really deaf or you just acting douchey now. And LMFAO complimenting DC's vocal range?? Oh, I think I get that since they can't sing tonguue I weep for those truly talented Broadway souls who watched this. *facepalm*

Ok, this was really embarrassing. unsure I think I finally know what people mean by feeling "second-hand embarassment" now. That was really, really bad, especially after I watched the Tonys for the first time last week. Broadway is weeping right now.

I'm gonna end this post by quoting a Broadway's queen words:
" If you’re going to put your heels down on Broadway, then dig in. Honor it. Nobody’s allowed to sign for three months — we gotta sign for a year! So don’t insult us by signing for twelve weeks. I’m always asked for a year. "

Patti Flawless LuPone

I love that quote from Patti!! Beautiful. wub wub I bet when Chris gets to Broadway, he'll make sure he has enough time to do a full-time gig, like Daniel Radcliffe. I don't think he'd want to do a 3-week or 3-month celebrity stunt cast, he'd want to really commit himself to it and whichever show he was performing in for the long-run.

ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 19 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4

Post  Glorfindel 6/18/2012, 12:30 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I don't follow the singing thread that well on the GF, but has Marie commented on how big Darren's vocal range is?
Yes, I have, and it's not big. He has the shortest/smallest (?) vocal range of all the guys (and girls). And that's not even snarking and barking, but simple truth. fanny2

Darren has a real pleasant voice for certain pop songs and indie songs, and in his niche as a singer/songwriter I actually like him a lot, but he ain't no Broadway star: he lacks the vibrato, the projection, the enounciation, and basically the physical endurance (his voice is not strong).
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 6/18/2012, 12:56 pm

BlueJazz wrote:Since the Much Music Awards Show 2012 is the latest event right now, I'm gonna post a link of a video of a hobbit who just won't stop embarrassing himself (I don't know how to embed it):

Good lord, were those girls actually crying?

That whole thing was so scripted, and the three of them were all so bad. LOL.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/18/2012, 12:58 pm

@ Erin: Aww, thanks for the hug and your kind words wub wub (I'm gonna pretend that I'm Rachel in that gif tonguue ) They warmed my heart and I really appreciate them neutre I'll try not to think I'm nuisance to people next time even though it's kinda in my blood Razz

I'm gonna hug you back since there can never be too many huggings in this world:
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 19 Tumblr_lykm3rU01c1rn95k2o1_400

BTW, I wanna thank God for giving us Patti and Marie at this kind of days.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 19 Tumblr_lii4rxz8Vw1qdwbw8
Bless them.

If there's a day where a voice like DC's is widely acknowledged as a Broadway star, I'd think that the end is near.

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/18/2012, 1:06 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:I don't follow the singing thread that well on the GF, but has Marie commented on how big Darren's vocal range is?
Yes, I have, and it's not big. He has the shortest/smallest (?) vocal range of all the guys (and girls). And that's not even snarking and barking, but simple truth. fanny2

Darren has a real pleasant voice for certain pop songs and indie songs, and in his niche as a singer/songwriter I actually like him a lot, but he ain't no Broadway star: he lacks the vibrato, the projection, the enounciation, and basically the physical endurance (his voice is not strong).

Thanks, Marie. That's what I suspected. Even my untrained ears can notice the weakness in Darren's voice when he sings out of his range (most noticably in the WSS stuff, and on the bootleg recordsin from H2$

ETA: I do like Darren's voice on some of the stuff he's done (Silly Love Songs and Somewhere Only We Know are two of my favorites), but I find that they have thrown us in our faces so much that I have a hard time stomaching him on any song when he was singing alone--and barely on the duets with Chris.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 6/18/2012, 1:12 pm

I like hearing everybody's voice here, that's why it's so great. It doesn't matter if you're sad or angry, you can let it out. OR laugh and cringe off with second hand embarrassment. I'm not going to watch that, I'll take your word for it.

@Bluejazz: I love that gif of Bale, now talk about a crazy person though...
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/18/2012, 1:38 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:

Even my untrained ears can notice the weakness in Darren's voice when he sings out of his range (most noticably in the WSS stuff, and on the bootleg recordsin from H2$

ETA: I do like Darren's voice on some of the stuff he's done (Silly Love Songs and Somewhere Only We Know are two of my favorites), but I find that they have thrown us in our faces so much that I have a hard time stomaching him on any song when he was singing alone--and barely on the duets with Chris.

Couldn't agree more with the bolded. I dislike everything he sang on the WSS musical because he sounds very bland and really amateur when compared to lea and Naya. And I'll snort every time people say he's the best choice for Tony among the cast.

And I think my favorite Blaine solo on Glee will always be SOWK.(I think SLS is ok) I did find some of his other songs exciting at first (mostly after the ep) but they get boring pretty fast after that. I notice that because it doesn't happen to most of the other Glee songs that I downloaded.

I never really like Klaine duets except the 2 Christmas songs. Apparently they only have good chemistry during Xmas tonguue After all these ridiculous behavior by DC, I JUST WANT HIM TO GET AWAY FROM MY BB Evil or Very Mad

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 6/18/2012, 1:48 pm

paulopf wrote:As others have said, I'm indifferent to the rest of the Glee cast. But, also like others, I do react, mostly by giving reality checks, to stans of others who insist on comparing the work and achievements of said others to Chris', especially if, purposely or not, they try to diminish Chris' accomplishments and talents with those comparisons. For instance, I can't stay quiet when in the Chris Colfer tag I find people, let's say, equaling Chris' reading in 8 to Darren Criss' shirtless photoshoot. Also, some of these actors are quite competitive, especially Lea Michele, Darren Criss, Naya Rivera. They do try to attract as much media attention and fan love as they can upon themselves. Can't blame them for it, of course, since that's part of their business, yet I am going to say something about it when both Chris and Lea Michele are invited to some show and she goes out of her way to steal focus, like it happened in that show where they were drinking and commenting some reality show.
It was the only time I watch Lea Michele in a talk show and indeed she gave me a really bad impression. At one moment, she said twice the same thing, it's typical of someone who wants to occupy the noise space, as if she didn't talk enough lol.

About the DC video, I'm not watching it, I already saw a gif where he faked to fall out of the car at his arrival to this event, it is enough. It was as ridiculous and classless as the many times he jumped on a red carpet for the cameras.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 6/18/2012, 1:58 pm

Shinra17 wrote:About the DC video, I'm not watching it, I already saw a gif where he faked to fall out of the car at his arrival to this event, it is enough. It was as ridiculous and classless as the many times he jumped on a red carpet for the cameras.
Did he?! LOL, this guy.
valkeakuulas wrote:@Bluejazz: I love that gif of Bale, now talk about a crazy person though...
I think after The Machinist I'll never see him in the same way again. @.@
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/18/2012, 2:16 pm

^ I saw that gif, too. I think he'd make a excellent clown tonguue

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 6/18/2012, 2:23 pm

^ too bad he's confusing clown and broadway star Smile

Emile wrote:Did he?! LOL, this guy.

Spoiler:
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/18/2012, 2:40 pm

Wow at " that's how we do in Broadway" ! Wow, you're a Broadway star now after 3 weeks on it, DC? And you called THAT KIND of singing "Broadway style"?

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 19 Facepalmglee

Umm What can I say? Still don't get it at all because this award has nothing in common with Broadway besides umm well the music stuff. So why did he say that?

Jellyrolls wrote:I just wanted to post a bit more from the Patt LuPone article that Blue Jazz posted above:

What do you think about Ricky Martin as Che?
You know, I’ll tell you what I think in general about people who want to make their Broadway debut that are not trained stage actors. Don’t they know, Broadway ain’t for sissies? It is a tough gig. You are responsible, physically, mentally, emotionally, for eight shows a week, at the top of your game. It’s not easy.
Art isn’t easy, as Mr. Sondheim would say …
Right. I was thinking of Brecht, “That’s not nice — that’s art. And art isn’t nice.” [Laughs.]
I like your Brecht accent to go with that.
Oh God, I was imitating Raul Julia. But you know what I mean? And then it becomes disappointing to the audience member, and I am an audience member, that the film actor or the rock star or whatever coming to Broadway doesn’t fulfill his contract and has a limited run. You know what? If you’re going to put your heels down on Broadway, then dig in. Honor it. Nobody’s allowed to sign for three months — we gotta sign for a year! So don’t insult us by signing for twelve weeks. I’m always asked for a year. “But how come ...? Never mind, I’ll sign for a year.” I know they can’t possibly be aware of how difficult it is. It’s a monastic life.

The whole article was fantastic, but this is right on point.

rooots

I'm not an expert in Broadway but since I was a child I've thought THIS how a Broadway star should be. As she had said, if any hollywood actor or wherever the actor comes from, has to be ready to leave everything on the stage and work hard.

Like Marie and Jelly, I like Darren's voice but only in pop, indie or songwriter style which fits perfectly in his vocal range but they're... and I'm in rage again, he's singing ALL the time, All the songs dryy

P.S @Marie, I remember you said once Daniel impressed you more than Darren when he did HOW TO... so why it was that? He has never sung in public before that performance unlike Darren.

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/18/2012, 2:57 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Thanks, Marie. That's what I suspected. Even my untrained ears can notice the weakness in Darren's voice when he sings out of his range (most noticably in the WSS stuff, and on the bootleg recordsin from H2$

WSS was bad, I agree.
I thought Darren did okay on 'Something's Coming' for a non-Broadway singer, and I gave him a pass for trying something that was clearly out of his league (it isn't his fault he doesn't have a Broadway voice after all), but at the time of FLF we didn't know Blaine would actually get Tony handed to him as the Godsend from heaven (because Kurt aparently wasn't good enough). :angry:
I will always mourn the WSS songs we could have had from Chris. :(

H2$ makes me cringe, laugh and angry at the same time. I wouldn't mind this stunt casting because of Darren's popularity, that's what stunt casting is for and it worked financially, but darren is not in a position to brag about being a Broadway performer now. Patti Lupone was right.
Whoever wrote that exchange with LMFAO for these awards has to be fired. Don't they understand how arrogant that makes him look? tonguue

SOWK is my favorite Blaine song, I like some Warbler songs, the Klaine duets Animal, Candles, and the Christmas songs. I don't like Blaine in Perfect (but I love Chris in Perfect). I do like the Klaine harmonising in the bridge of 'Big Girls Don't Cry': that really worked.
Darren has a nice voice for harmonising and as I said: some of his songs are quite enjoyable, although I think he was at his best with the Warblers backing him up. But the singing overexposure on Glee with no character development for Blaine is a big part of why I don't like to hear his voice anymore either.
The same goes for Rachel and Santana (and in a lesser way: Mercedes). Santana just doesn't interest me as a character, and her songs are meh, although her voice is unusual and interesting. The Rachel solos of the last half of season 3 almost make me fall asleep, they are boring and all sound the same. The only one I like is 'It's All Coming Back', and that song is tainted because of Nationals and NYADA.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/18/2012, 3:08 pm

brisallie wrote:P.S @Marie, I remember you said once Daniel impressed you more than Darren when he did HOW TO... so why it was that? He has never sung in public before that performance unlike Darren.
I was very impressed with Daniel.
He took many months to practice for H2$, months he could have done something else, like a movie. That was a gamble after Harry Potter, because the audience and the business forget very fast. And then Daniel did H2$ for a long time (I don't know for how long), risking that the novelty of Harry Potter on Broadway would wear off pretty fast too. He wouldn't have a full house for 3 weeks stunt casting, but many months of shows filled with people who would buy tickets to see him after hearing reports of how he sang, danced and acted.

Daniel's acting was great, his dancing fine, and his singing surprisingly good for an untrained singer. I respect him for taking this art serious and dedicating all he had to give to embrace it. wub
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/18/2012, 3:44 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
brisallie wrote:P.S @Marie, I remember you said once Daniel impressed you more than Darren when he did HOW TO... so why it was that? He has never sung in public before that performance unlike Darren.
I was very impressed with Daniel.
He took many months to practice for H2$, months he could have done something else, like a movie. That was a gamble after Harry Potter, because the audience and the business forget very fast. And then Daniel did H2$ for a long time (I don't know for how long), risking that the novelty of Harry Potter on Broadway would wear off pretty fast too. He wouldn't have a full house for 3 weeks stunt casting, but many months of shows filled with people who would buy tickets to see him after hearing reports of how he sang, danced and acted.

Daniel's acting was great, his dancing fine, and his singing surprisingly good for an untrained singer. I respect him for taking this art serious and dedicating all he had to give to embrace it. wub

Thanks Marie for remind me why I'm so proud as Daniel as I'm for Chris wub And I searched on internet that he read for the character in 2009 and then in 2011 he started to perform the character in Broadway, so he was a year or less training.
Daniel Radcliffe was featured in a reading in December 2009, with Rob Ashford as director and choreographer.[10] Radcliffe starred in the revival for ten months, which began previews at the Al Hirschfeld Theatre on February 26, 2011, with the official opening on March 27, 2011

Source:wiki
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 6/18/2012, 3:53 pm

Shinra17 wrote:^ too bad he's confusing clown and broadway star Smile

Emile wrote:Did he?! LOL, this guy.

Spoiler:

I love how he doesn't even make the effort to NOT seem like an attention whore. He's so proud of being one Rolling Eyes .

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/19/2012, 11:25 am

^ That's why he seems more like a JOKE. Seriously, I think LMFAO can convince him to quit Glee and join them. They can evolve in LMFAOH and sing songs like "Our Funny Hobbit". I bet it'll top the charts when that hobbit movie is released (I heard it's December).

BTW, Cory is going to mentor in TGP's anti-bullying ep. Here's the ads:

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 19 Tumblr_m5u39jL9rW1qdc3p0

TBH, I have nothing against Finn and Cory but um..."Finn is Glee's biggest hero" ?

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 19 Tumblr_m5u75o6qof1qe0stn

Since when there's a hero in Glee? blinkk I don't even think that Kurt and Burt are heroes. Why does Glee have to be so offensive all the time? saispa

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/19/2012, 11:50 am

BlueJazz wrote:...

BTW, Cory is going to mentor in TGP's anti-bullying ep. Here's the ads:

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 19 Tumblr_m5u39jL9rW1qdc3p0

TBH, I have nothing against Finn and Cory but um..."Finn is Glee's biggest hero" ?

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 19 Tumblr_m5u75o6qof1qe0stn

Since when there's a hero in Glee? blinkk I don't even think that Kurt and Burt are heroes. Why does Glee have to be so offensive all the time? saispa

Since first season I guess humhum Ok since the beginning Finn has been portrayed as the "hero", It doesn't matter how hurtful he's with his words, at the end he apologizes and people accept that. It always be the same. Personally I have nothing againts it because I got used to it, but I didn't like how the juniors dedicated the Beatles song to him because he wasn't the only one who did something for ND. ¬¬
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/19/2012, 11:54 am

finn was written a lot of the times as a hero. unfortunately fans don't buy it.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/19/2012, 12:24 pm

^Really ? Shocked What did I miss? To me, he's just a confused high school boy who doesn't think much before he acts but manage to do the right thing sometimes. He's just an ordinary boy and the male leader of ND who's still learning in high school. I kinda dislike him in Grilled Cheesus because he never prayed for Burt but I think he's ok in other eps.

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/19/2012, 12:40 pm

he saved hte first sectional competition remember? or was it the regionals? whatever... my memory escaped me again.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 6/19/2012, 12:48 pm

^ He first put them in trouble by withdrawing right before the competition though. I can't see his comeback as an heroic action.

BlueJazz wrote:^Really ? Shocked What did I miss? To me, he's just a confused high school boy who doesn't think much before he acts but manage to do the right thing sometimes. He's just an ordinary boy and the male leader of ND who's still learning in high school. I kinda dislike him in Grilled Cheesus because he never prayed for Burt but I think he's ok in other eps.
In Furt, he was the only one who didn't confront Karofsky when they learn about the bullying against Kurt. Talking about an hero...
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/19/2012, 2:36 pm

Come on people, Hero!Finn is like one of Glee's staple tropes. Just like "We made each other men" - lot of men-making going on in Glee.

Nobody buys it anymore, but they don't effing care. Long live Hero!Finn.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/19/2012, 5:59 pm

BlueJazz wrote:^Really ? Shocked What did I miss? To me, he's just a confused high school boy who doesn't think much before he acts but manage to do the right thing sometimes. He's just an ordinary boy and the male leader of ND who's still learning in high school. I kinda dislike him in Grilled Cheesus because he never prayed for Burt but I think he's ok in other eps.

Even Puck prayed for Burt lol . For me he's someone very impulsive, whose feelings surpasses him sometimes and are those moments when he's hurtful to others, without the intention to be evil, he's just expressing what he's feeling without thinking in the aftermath before to open his big mouth ¬¬ But still don't understand why is he a hero? He's only someone whose characteristic is to be a good leader because he's good at motivating people when he's focus on it.

fantastica wrote:he saved hte first sectional competition remember? or was it the regionals? whatever... my memory escaped me again.

First Sectionals. They needed a "hero" ,I'd rather to say a leader.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/24/2012, 4:24 pm

For anyone who needs a good laugh (at some stupid stuff), kindly click the link below:

LOL

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 19 000s15hd

BTW, I read from p_f that a Kurtsie got permanently banned from ontd_glee just because he/she said Kevin is the ugliest among the cast. The real reason wasn't provided by the mods but that's what he/she thinks. For people who are familiar with ontd, I guess you all know how people over there bashed Chris and other casts sometimes (and Blarren all the time), right? So, I think what happened to the kurtsie really shows the double standard in that comm and I'd like to warn everyone who read this about it. If you're a regular poster in ontd, please be careful if you still wanna stay in the comm. While for the non-members, you might wanna think twice before joining it fanny2

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next