Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

+27
ColferInspired
coxfire
Georgette888
Buenos
Ireth
glimmerle
Lottie2303
ColdFlame96
arina
Glorfindel
bayth
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
Sani
zuppid
ChrisColferFan1
emilynna
ColferGirl
BlueJazz
Emile
Kurt Hummel
Delight
paulopf
tanita_mors
brisallie
fantastica
Shinra17
31 posters

Page 13 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 13 Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  Glorfindel 1/6/2014, 10:11 am

Due to real life only having 24 hours a day I only saw the first 30 minutes or so of 'The Sign of Three' last night (till Sherlock called Watson his best friend in his speech and they hugged) and I can't wait to watch the rest later today. I really love the episode so far.

And lol, at Sherlock texting for help in the beginning and the way Lestrade responded.  Razz
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 13 Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  Glorfindel 1/6/2014, 12:17 pm

Okay, just finished Sherlock 3x02.
That was probably the best episode so far. Very funny with still a lot of mystery and suspense, and just the right amount of tenderness between Sherlock and John Watson and Mary without it getting too sappy.

A+   thumnup
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 1/6/2014, 1:21 pm

not gonna lie, i know a lot of people ship sherlock/john, but my little otp of shelock got a little shout out last night. miss adler was on his mind

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 13 Large
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/6/2014, 2:27 pm

We Americans just got the first episode of Season 4 of Downton Abbey on Masterpiece Theatre...

Let me just say I love  the relationship between the head butler  Mr. Carson and Lady Mary, and boy did they throw Lord Grantham under the bus this episode.

Last edited by Buenos on 1/6/2014, 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/6/2014, 3:25 pm

season 4 of DA was a bit of downer for me in the beginning, but picked up after about 2 episodes. somehow my enthusiasm for this show has waned. i will still watch the next season though.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 1/7/2014, 4:19 am

The 'sign of three' is definitely the best mid-episode for Sherlock in 3 seasons. If they can't write brilliant crime-solving plots, I'd much prefer they write comedic, character-driven episodes like this one. It's entertaining to watch the man with the superhuman intellect and deductive skills get humanised. Witnessing how alcohol can temporarily dumb down that intellect is a highlight of the episode for me Smile

As for how likely it was for someone to get stabbed without realizing it... I shall ignore logic in favour of enjoying the episode.

Ireth wrote:
Also, did you guys see Alfie Enoch (Dean Thomas) from the Harry Potter movies? That boy is fine  blushh 

I have to admit that I have to google that name to know who that is

fantastica wrote:season 4 of DA was a bit of downer for me in the beginning, but picked up after about 2 episodes. somehow my enthusiasm for this show has waned. i will still watch the next season though.

Oh yes, episode3 of the season definitely shook things up.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 1/7/2014, 5:14 am

Glorfindel wrote:

And lol, at Sherlock texting for help in the beginning and the way Lestrade responded.  Razz

Poor Lestrade, I was so upset on his behalf. But the way Sherlock did it  Razz 

Buenos wrote:We Americans just got the first episode of Season 4 of Downton Abbey on Masterpiece Theatre...

Let me just say I love  the relationship between the head butler  Mr. Carson and Lady Mary, and boy did they throw Lord Grantham under the bus this episode.

I never got around to watching beyond 1 ep (sigh, so many shows, so little time). But it seems to remain interesting throughout all the seasons, is that true? I may give it a try one day.

Delight wrote:
Ireth wrote:
Also, did you guys see Alfie Enoch (Dean Thomas) from the Harry Potter movies? That boy is fine  blushh 

I have to admit that I have to google that name to know who that is

Hardcore Harry Potter fanatic here haha  Smile 
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 1/7/2014, 5:52 am

i didn't know his name but i recognized him. he is maturing nicely.  phr34r 

i agree, that was totally character driven episode and one very polarizing. from the reactions online it was either peoples favorite/best episode or they were very disappointed. frankly, i thought it was brilliant, one of the most brilliant moments of television in general. and the humanization of holmes was perfect, because even with feeling and emotions, he is still abnormal. look how obsessive he got with the weeding planing. if the detecting business ever fell throw for him, i totally see sherlock holmes, weeding planer in his future. and that little call back from mrs hudson "who leaves a weeding early ???". just brilliant.

as for the stabbing. i would amuse, that both the guardsman and the major felt pain, but because they are both military, they learned to ignore and withstand pain and not until the belt and pressure removed they are ok, but probably uncomfortable yet unable to show it. but however you look at it it just doesn't seam plausible. but it's a show. suspension of disbelief and all that.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/7/2014, 12:09 pm

In defense of the being stabbed under the belt plot, here's a true story:

Emperess Sissi (yes, that one) got stabbed in the chest with a needle-like weapon during a walk outside in Geneva, in 1898. She felt some pain for a brief moment, assumed that it was from bumping into her killer (who pretended to be interested in her parasol and 'fell' against her), even fainted, but was able to walk on for a bit. After a while she then became unwell but declared she wasn't in any pain.
There wasn't any visible blood loss, and they didn't realize she had been stabbed and mortally wounded untill they took her corset off after quite some time had passed and finally saw a tiny red spot (blood). The pressure of her corset had masked the pain and kept the wound from bleeding out. Sissy died the same day (60 years old).

So the belt story is not that implausible as it seems at first. I'm sure that both the guard and the major felt a pang of pain when they were stabbed, but assumed it was from the photographer accidentally hurting them when he positioned them to pose for the picture, perhaps from bumping into his camera equipment or him grabbing them too tight. As the tight belt must have given them a constant (uncomfortable) feeling around the waste anyway most of the pain from the wound could have been masked by that overall discomfort of the belt itself (as a corset would feel uncomfortable too).
Afterwards the stabwound didn't really start bleeding (and causing more damage) untill the pressure of the belt was removed, and therefore it didn't really bother them that much till then: maybe they thought they only had a slight bruise from bumping into the photographer.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 1/7/2014, 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 1/7/2014, 1:59 pm

Very late to the party, the last episode from Sherlock was amazing!!! So funny, so well written, so well plotted and with so many tiny but memorable moments. I hate the fact only one episode is left and what kind of cliffhanger awaits us this time... Nonetheless, Sherlock really proves itself to be the best written. plotted and acted TV show that was ever produced.

Teen Wolf (I still cannot get over the fact the show is called "Teen Wolf". Way to reject potential viewers who only can judge it via the name...) also had a great opening episode. For a show specifically geared towards teens, it is in my opinion the strongest show currently on air.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 1/8/2014, 3:12 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Very late to the party, the last episode from Sherlock was amazing!!! So funny, so well written, so well plotted and with so many tiny but memorable moments. I hate the fact only one episode is left and what kind of cliffhanger awaits us this time... Nonetheless, Sherlock really proves itself to be the best written. plotted and acted TV show that was ever produced.

Teen Wolf (I still cannot get over the fact the show is called "Teen Wolf". Way to reject potential viewers who only can judge it via the name...) also had a great opening episode. For a show specifically geared towards teens, it is in my opinion the strongest show currently on air.

I'm a bit sad that my favourite show only has 3 episodes per series/season. After the next week it's back to hiatus again  :( 

Oh and the new ep of Teen Wolf is out already? Time to watch it...
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/12/2014, 6:36 pm

Wow, I'm watching Sherlock right now on BBC, and it's heartbreaking and intriguing at the same time.  :( 

What a great quality of storytelling, what a wonderful dynamic between the characters, and the actors are absolutely brilliant. 

But jeez, I want this episode to be over, because the suspense is killing me.  Shocked
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/12/2014, 7:03 pm

I think I was just taken on an emotional roller coaster ride, not once, but about a dozen times.

My emotions after watching Sherlock 3x03 are something like this,... all at the same time, I might add:
 :(  Shocked  Smile   No   ohmy  wub  panik  Mad  humhum  saispa  schockeed  quesako  blinkk
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/12/2014, 8:45 pm

is this the end of this season? in the past there are only 3 episodes per season. i have to wait for a download.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/12/2014, 9:22 pm

Yup, end of season 3.  :(

There are several downloads available already.  fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 1/13/2014, 3:34 am

Steven Moffat had hit another homerun with the last episode of Sherlock in Season 3. His track record with writing Sherlock episodes had been exceptionally good and I sure hope he maintains that winning streak.  neutre 

Glorfindel wrote:But jeez, I want this episode to be over, because the suspense is killing me.

I'm of the opposite opinion as you this time. I didn't want the episode to be over. Ever. Because I know this episode will be the last for a while, and it may be at least another year before we see more of Sherlock.

My emotions had been put through the wringer, there's an intriguing and repugnant adversary for Sherlock to battle, and that ending! Sigh... I really hope it won't be another 2 year hiatus.

Won't spoil the story for those who haven't watched it yet, but I'm impressed by the tiny little foreshadowing that had been put in the first episode. We all saw 'liar' and wondered what that could mean. Now we know...
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 1/13/2014, 12:28 pm

Delight wrote:Steven Moffat had hit another homerun with the last episode of Sherlock in Season 3. His track record with writing Sherlock episodes had been exceptionally good and I sure hope he maintains that winning streak.  neutre 

Glorfindel wrote:But jeez, I want this episode to be over, because the suspense is killing me.  

I'm of the opposite opinion as you this time. I didn't want the episode to be over. Ever. Because I know this episode will be the last for a while, and it may be at least another year before we see more of Sherlock.

My emotions had been put through the wringer, there's an intriguing and repugnant adversary for Sherlock to battle, and that ending! Sigh... I really hope it won't be another 2 year hiatus.

Won't spoil the story for those who haven't watched it yet, but I'm impressed by the tiny little foreshadowing that had been put in the first episode. We all saw 'liar' and wondered what that could mean. Now we know...

Boy, do we ever! What I was trying figure out was the little bit after the credits. That was so weird. I know that the writers did that to encourage discussion and speculation... But, that was just so strange.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 1/13/2014, 3:52 pm

i loved the episode and mary the most, which i see is a big problem for devoted sherlock/john fans and particularly shippers. they all want to see her dead. the mind palace scenes were brilliant. the one thing i'm not sure about is the ending.

Spoiler:
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/13/2014, 7:26 pm

^I think I'm madly in love with John Watson.  aa54 
No, not really, but he's such a strong character, with so much heart, honesty and patience, but also with appropiate anger and a danger streak he reserves for when it really matters. He can be very forgiving, but won't let anyone walk over him. And he's very loyal.

With the original books and the numerous movies and series being made of Sherlock I never understood why a man like John Watson would ever stay with such a horrible person like Sherlock. But now I understand, and besides the excellent writing of the series a lot of that credit goes to the way Martin Freeman plays Watson, and also to how vulnerable and believable Benedict Cumberbatch makes Sherlock.
Well done.  rooots
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 1/15/2014, 9:15 am

Amazing last episode. So well done. The one major scene when Sherlock is hit was a true masterpiece.

However, have to be honest, I hated the ending. I really hope it is a red hering.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 1/15/2014, 9:57 am

yeah, the mind palace scenes in both sign of the three (the courtroom with mycroft as the magistrate) and his last vow (showing just how analytical his brain really is, not to mention i really loved the moriarty cameo here) were just fantastic.

as for the ending, i hope it's a red herring as well, because if what it suggests is true, sherlock would have not jumped the shark but done a tripple salto mortale over it. not that it would stop me from watching future seasons mind you, but i would expect more out of this show. but only time will tell.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 1/15/2014, 11:18 am

I'm wondering, was Moriarty shooting himself faked, because a real gunshot through his mouth would be more violent? But then, Sherlock would have known it's a fake. I must say, red herring or not, I was extremely shocked. There were a couple of other shocking twists in this episode, and I really loved it. I really loved the mind palace scene. It was a very strong finale and now I can't wait a whole year to see the next ep!
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/15/2014, 12:10 pm

As for the ending:
A twin?
Someone using old footage and computer technology to create a new image?

We'll see. At least this time Sherlock didn't die,... again.  fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 1/15/2014, 12:23 pm

one of the creates said that the reason why the suicide in the fall wasn't more violent is that the episodes are shown before 10 pm in UK and can't really be more violent. of course that could be a convenient excuse, but idk, that shot looked pretty final to me. going back on it seams kind of cheap. as moffat says “They did not fake suicide at each other. Imagine how stupid you’d feel if you bumped into each other [he mimes their exchange, ‘what, you too?’]. He’s dead.” but, we'll see. there are na buch of theory's to keep people occupied for months.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 1/15/2014, 12:26 pm

^ Yes, but the scene of him analysing how to survive best really was a masterpiece. That was so well done, acted and executed. I am in awe.

I find the cliffhanger frustrating, because the last one was the fall, and that was a heck of a cliffhanger! One of the best I'Ve ever seen on television. I just really want Moriraty to be dead, because I am getting very frustarted how TV shows love to kill off charcaters and then they return magically. It takes away the impact and lessens the amazing scene from S2 when he commited suicide unexpectedly.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 27  Next