Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

+27
ColferInspired
coxfire
Georgette888
Buenos
Ireth
glimmerle
Lottie2303
ColdFlame96
arina
Glorfindel
bayth
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
Sani
zuppid
ChrisColferFan1
emilynna
ColferGirl
BlueJazz
Emile
Kurt Hummel
Delight
paulopf
tanita_mors
brisallie
fantastica
Shinra17
31 posters

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next

Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 8 Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/9/2013, 9:18 pm

The Tony Awards are on tonight, in case anyone is interested. Smile

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 8 Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  ChrisColferFan1 6/10/2013, 2:30 am

Have any of you heard of The Patty Duke Show?
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 6/10/2013, 11:51 pm

Three shows I watch diligently, Game of Thrones, Doctor Who and Sherlock-oh and a fourth one, Glee, are on hiatus. Now I'm watching Teen Wolf, and I think I'll continue with Community and Once Upon A Time, and Galileo Season 2.

Community is hilarious, smart and I love a lot of the references. I only managed to watch one season before I got too busy but I have to make time to watch the rest. I found Once Upon A Time cheesy at first, but I continued because I heard a lot of good things about it, and I found it better after the first few episodes, it's a very fascinating take on fairy tales, like TLoS haha. Again, I had to stop because I didn't have time to catch up. Galileo is one of my favorite Japanese dramas, and it taught me so much physics in a fun way. I can't wait to watch the new season, but it's something my whole family watches so we have to wait to find a common time Smile.

When I have time to start a new show, I'm thinking of going for American Horror Story or Downton Abbey (I've already watched one episode of DA).
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 6/10/2013, 11:56 pm

^I love Teen Wolf! I think this season is off to a great start.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 6/11/2013, 2:31 am

Kurtsie4ever wrote:^I love Teen Wolf! I think this season is off to a great start.

I agree Smile. I miss Jackson though...
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 6/11/2013, 4:25 am

Ireth wrote:
Kurtsie4ever wrote:^I love Teen Wolf! I think this season is off to a great start.

I agree Smile. I miss Jackson though...

Yeah. Besides him, I love Scott and Stiles.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/11/2013, 6:05 pm

Tatiana Maslany from Orphan Black won female actress at the Critic Choice Awards, beating Claire Danes, Kerri Russell among others. The WTF faces of some actors were amazing as they sincerely didn't know who she is. Emmy's... there might be a chance! I'll promote this show to death. I am not even sorry Razz .
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/12/2013, 4:36 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Tatiana Maslany from Orphan Black won female actress at the Critic Choice Awards, beating Claire Danes, Kerri Russell among others. The WTF faces of some actors were amazing as they sincerely didn't know who she is. Emmy's... there might be a chance! I'll promote this show to death. I am not even sorry Razz .
i'm glad. i see praise for this girl everywhere i go, so i guess it's earned. not to mention that it's rather rare when a big fan favorite of a sf show actually gets recognition for their work.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/12/2013, 4:45 am

Tatiana Maslany is insanley talented and would be robbed not to get nominated. But as I said, half the audience at Critic Choice awards didn't know her. It was a great night for the underdog and truly deserved winner!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 6/13/2013, 7:45 pm

I just bought the first season of Downton Abbey. Good idea? Yes or no? unsure
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/14/2013, 6:02 am

d
ColdFlame96 wrote:I just bought the first season of Downton Abbey. Good idea? Yes or no? unsure
if you like really good period drama, great writing and acting, and an interesting and slow developing love story you are going to love it.

i still haven't watched the 3rd season, but from what i heard, DAMN YOU cousin Matthew !!!
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 6/14/2013, 4:27 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:I just bought the first season of Downton Abbey. Good idea? Yes or no? unsure
I gave up on it early in season two. I was bored by it while some characters annoyed me a lot. I thought about giving it another try, but then read some comments about it becoming very much a soap opera, so I haven't rewatched yet.
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/16/2013, 1:34 pm

i don't know if there are any arrested development fans on this forum or just people who have seen the show. but remember how much rib was harping that season 4 of glee was going to be soooo "revolutionary". well, if they want to see revolutionary, they should take a look at season 4 of arrested. i can say 100 % that this was the most brilliant season of television i have ever seen. you have 15 episodes, where because of cast shedualing problems, each one was about one character. there is an overarching storylines threw and 2 identical scenes in every episode that are always from and shot from some other characters perspective. you can virtually watch the episodes in every order you may like, because they are interwoven. i am honesty amazed by the brilliance and if they don't win best comedy, it will be a huge snub. it's of course not for everyone, but i just can't stop thinking about it. seriously guys, if you like absurd yet fantastic comedy, with great acting and amazing stuff, this is a show for you.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 6/18/2013, 9:05 am

glimmerle wrote:
I gave up on it early in season two. I was bored by it while some characters annoyed me a lot. I thought about giving it another try, but then read some comments about it becoming very much a soap opera, so I haven't rewatched yet.

I find Season 2 of Downton Abbey to be a low point for the series; and to be honest I skipped most of it because of how soap opera-ish it became. Season 1 is fantastic, and Season 3 is definitely better than 2.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 6/18/2013, 9:12 am

Just watched the pilot episode of 'Hannibal'. It's quite daring for the show to have two protagonists with severely limited facial expressions due to their personality disorders. It does look like it's going to be an interesting series though, so I'll continue watching it for now.

While watching this series, I keep thinking about Edward Norton's Will Graham in 'Red Dragon' and how he's so very different from the Will Graham in the TV series.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/18/2013, 9:35 am

There's nowhere else where I can vent this: I need to control myself of watching Supernatural every single day! If I keep like this, then I'll have nothing to do - watch Downton Abbey maybe?- And though I started to watch the series because of Misha and pretty boy angel Castiel wub , then Dean became in one of my favorites too. I don't know if is his "I don't give a shit" personality, or how well the actor expresses his emotions or being shallow, the man is handsome.

Currently I'm watching season six, but by far season 5 was better. The ending would have been the perfect finale series, and actually I've read it was supposed to be the finale one, but the rating and fans said otherwise. But still, I'll give an opportunity to the following seasons.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/18/2013, 10:31 am

Delight wrote:Just watched the pilot episode of 'Hannibal'. It's quite daring for the show to have two protagonists with severely limited facial expressions due to their personality disorders. It does look like it's going to be an interesting series though, so I'll continue watching it for now.

While watching this series, I keep thinking about Edward Norton's Will Graham in 'Red Dragon' and how he's so very different from the Will Graham in the TV series.

I watched a few episodes and it is very good with great actors. But the show started to be too depressing for for and all the murders... are just too out of there. The show is about a cannibal. I really don't think they need all those exaggerated cases of the week.

However, every single dinner scene will freak you out. Seriously Shocked
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/19/2013, 4:33 am

i think hannibal is brilliant. both from a visual point of view and the acting one. for the first time i feel like will graham is an actual character that i can understand - the fact that his empathy disorder is making him susceptible to all those overwhelming emotions of both the killer and the victims. talk about being unstable. but honestly, i'm most impressed by mads and his hannibal. i'm someone who is huge fan of hopkins's hannibal and for me to love mads's probably more says a lot. lector is always described as a sadistic sociopath but again for the first time you can actually see it. he is professional, reserved, stable and has just enough charm to appear normal abaet eccentric - and given his european background, totally believable. also, we still don't know his reason why he kills, but i loved when he told Abigale that he did because he wanted to see what would happen and how other people would react. for someone who has such a superior opinion of them-self, boredom with the mundane is a constant struggle.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 6/19/2013, 5:02 am

Hannibal seems to be the newest craze around the intenet. For me it's not a good because for some reason Mads Mikkelsen irritates me. I've seen him in so many danish films that I'm up to my limit with him. And now his stoic Hannibal face is popping up everywhere!

And for some reason I always mix him with Viggo Mortensen when I try to think fast. I know they don't even look alike and I love Viggo's work so mixing them up gives me great personal pain. Smile
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/19/2013, 5:22 am

Hannibal has amazing camera techniques, storylines, actors and everything else needed for a good show. I should totally love it. Actually, Hannibal is done great because for a long time you don't see him do anything at all. But every dinner scene is just creepy. However, Will really starts to be too depressing for him. Overall, the show needs a tiny bit of humour. Even if it is about a cannibal, it is just a bit too depressing.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/19/2013, 11:24 am

i have to say that i disagree. this show doesn't need humor, because it would cheapen everything that we are being sold on screen. in the first 5-6  episodes the audience was being luled in, almost made to forget who hannibal is, until the moment he kills that fbi trainee. from that moment, the lucifer is reveled. hannibal is effectively not only making will sick by not treating his meningitis, but he is doing "metal driving" - making will and everyone around him believe he is mentally unstable, suffering from delusional episodes and personality dissociative disorder and more importantly, a murder. and probably just because he can and is curious to see what would happen and how far he could drive will before he snaps. any humor in that would be in poor taste imo.

it's one of the reasons why i am so disappointed in glee these days. back in season 1, biting jokes were ok because that was what the show was, a satire on high school. now, with all their psa's and preaching, every subsequent joke on one one of those subjects just makes me sick. i mean, first you want us to care, and them you make fun of it a week later. yeah, that no longer flies for me. and i'm not touch feelly. that is just amateurish work at it's best or in this case, worst
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/19/2013, 1:25 pm

I knew, while writing my last post, I didn't really articulate myself well. I still don't even know how to say it. I don't want comedy comedy, but every now and then (and those moments should be used sparely) some lighter notes. 

My other complaint about Hannibal is that all murderers on those shows are just too unique. I wouldn't mind if they'd actually focus a bit more on the 'common' criminal and therefore put even more emphasis on how dangerous and sick Hannibal actually is. However based on the serial killers presented in the show, I don't actually think Hannibal is that special in terms of evilness. The entire world seems to be full with really sick people who are also use very unique killing techniques. He is just one of many. 

It is strange, I totally should love Hannibal and I totally see the appeal. But I started to look for the flaws instead of enjoying it.

BTW, I don't want to tell you to stop watching. I am very happy you like it. But it is just my two cents fanny2
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/19/2013, 3:22 pm

in a way i think that the fact that hannibal seams so mundane compered to other killers is the fact that he still hasn't been arrested. the killer of the week are driven by their unique pathology and unique modus operandi which is ultimately what leads to their capture. hannibal can kill as the "Chesapeake ripper" and with those severe mutilations hide the fact that he kills for the organ removal and eventual consumption (the cannibalism hasn't yet been explained and i think it will be in one of the subsequent seasons). he isn't driven by a need to always kill the same way with is characteristics of serial killers. he can be an effective copycat. he can control his impulses and manipulate others to not see what is there. i mean it takes a world class manipulator to avoid detection in a room full of profilers. that is what the writers are telling us. he isn't so frightening because he way he kills is the most brutal, but because he is effective and has escaped capture for so long.

anyway, i can understand if the show doesn't float your boat sort of speak. out of the 3 serial killer shows that came out this year, the one that was most popular with the viewers if not the critics was "the following" and i was incredibly disappointed with it, while hannibal had blown me away and it bearly has any viewers.

hannibal is my new dexter, especially given that dexter ends this summer.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/20/2013, 6:53 am

I absolutely love Dexter. With the exception S 5 and 6, that show just freaking rocks. I am sad it is over soon, but I am also happy that they can stop while it still provides strong stories. That reminds me, I am still stuck somewhere in S1 of Six Feet Under and I loved that show. I have to start watching again.

The Following I watched a few episodes and I didn’t like it. It was too coincidental and it annoyed how stupid the FBI operated on several occasions.

As I said, I totally expected to love Hannibal as it is my genre and type of storytelling. It is also so beautifully shot, the acting is over-the-top fantastic and they have intriguing storylines.

In terms of Hannibal appears mundane compared to the other sickos, I agree but also disagree. The killers on Hannibal are by no means in any shape or form realistic. Killings like those happening in the show (i.e. the angel maker, the guy using the human body for instruments) are one-of-a-kind techniques. But they pop up like ‘monster of the week’. Those cases would receive worldwide coverage. Reality provides so many monsters and brutality and unfortunately inspiration; you can use those easily and draw interesting cases. I think I’d rather see more focus on the psychology instead of the act. Then you can combine it with Hannibal and as you said, why does he kill any why he is so ‘special’. However I agree they did a tremendous job to introduce Hannibal and his dark side slowly, surely and effectively. In terms of Hannibal as person, they did everything right. The tiny scene with the “rabbit meat” was more chilling then all the killers and their victims combined.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 6/20/2013, 10:37 am

brisallie wrote:There's nowhere else where I can vent this: I need to control myself of watching Supernatural every single day! If I keep like this, then I'll have nothing to do - watch Downton Abbey maybe?- And though I started to watch the series because of Misha and pretty boy angel Castiel wub , then Dean became in one of my favorites too. I don't know if is his "I don't give a shit" personality, or how well the actor expresses his emotions or being shallow, the man is handsome.

Currently I'm watching season six, but by far season 5 was better. The ending would have been the perfect finale series, and actually I've read it was supposed to be the finale one, but the rating and fans said otherwise. But still, I'll give an opportunity to the following seasons.

I personally thought that season 4 is the best Castiel season, followed by Season 5. From what I gathered about the later seasons, they've villain-ized Castiel and more or less made him insane and power-hungry. His loyalties were called to question. He made awful mistakes. He became susceptible to manipulation. I imagine it would be quite painful to see a favourite character get destroyed by dodgy writing. Let me know how Season 8 pans out and whether Castiel is sufficiently kick-ass again to make it worth watching again.

Lottie2303 wrote:
However, every single dinner scene will freak you out. Seriously Shocked

One thing I find more disturbing than seeing Hannibal chop up human lungs and cook it into some delicacy, is seeing him feed human flesh to his unsuspecting dinner guests. TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 8 4080497794 That's just all kinds of wrong.

valkeakuulas wrote:Hannibal seems to be the newest craze around the intenet. For me it's not a good because for some reason Mads Mikkelsen irritates me. I've seen him in so many danish films that I'm up to my limit with him. And now his stoic Hannibal face is popping up everywhere!

I have to say, I'm not particularly taken in by the actor who plays Hannibal either. I suppose that, in my mind, Anthony Hopkins is Hannibal, and it's difficult for me to accept another actor in the role. I kept comparing the TV version and the movie version, and found the TV version's Hannibal too... expressionless. Granted, I'm only 5 episodes into the series and have yet to witness any graphic explosion of brutality on Hannibal's part, so that may be skewing my opinions a bit. (I would forever be haunted by how the Hannibal in Silence of the Lambs broke out of his cage-- it's like, his mask slips and there's this sudden frenzied display of violence that marked him as a predator among hapless prey)
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next