Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

+27
ColferInspired
coxfire
Georgette888
Buenos
Ireth
glimmerle
Lottie2303
ColdFlame96
arina
Glorfindel
bayth
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
Sani
zuppid
ChrisColferFan1
emilynna
ColferGirl
BlueJazz
Emile
Kurt Hummel
Delight
paulopf
tanita_mors
brisallie
fantastica
Shinra17
31 posters

Page 14 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 14 Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  tanita_mors 1/15/2014, 1:41 pm

not to mention that irene adler faked her death twice in a span of one episode, the second time with sherlock's help. it's a bit too much for one show.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 14 Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  Lottie2303 1/15/2014, 2:40 pm

tanita_mors wrote:not to mention that irene adler faked her death twice in a span of one episode, the second time with sherlock's help. it's a bit too much for one show.

I still pretend the second scene of Sherlock saving Irene was a fantasy  Razz 

I really love Moffat and his writing, but his Irene Adler really stands for everything how men write "strong, female characters" without actually have an idea in how to present women as strong human beings. Let alone that she was supposed to be a lesbian but seemed to switch her mind the moment she meets Sherlock  blinkk  Molly, who most certainly wasn't intended to be a major part of Sherlock, interestingly turned out to be a fan favorite with great development and so much potential!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 1/15/2014, 4:07 pm

idk, i'm a big fan of her as a character (i love bad girls/femme fatals). yes, it wasn't the type of empowerment as it was in the original, but in my mind she won in the end because she made the emotionless sherlock holmes care enough to fly across the globe and save her. even with his final proof of love as a weakness, he couldn't help himself to indulge in it, that is how much he regarded her as The Woman. i think the inclusion of moriarty was the reason why they chose for her to lose in the end, because in the span of 1 episode she messed with his mind and tricked him three times (in her house with her battle dress and the drug and crop when she took the phone, when she faked her death and he was depressed or whatever the shelock version of that is, and when she changed tactics and came directly to him as a damsel in distress and had him figure out the code for her). even with moriarty as a consultant, that is no small feet. i don't keep score, but had anyone ever thrown shelock so much of his game ?

as for the lesbian part, i think she acknowledged that probably for the first time in her life she cared for a man on an emotional level (she is a dominatrix for both genders, so she probably had sex with men, even though i figure most domination work doesn't have to involve the act of sex). it wasn't only about sex. that is why she tells john that they are a couple. john may not be gay, and she may be, but sherlock produced such feeling for both of them that they can't be denied. and frankly, i have seen this trope a few times with straight women who fall in love with other women, so it's not really fer for it not to work the other way around.

and the twisted romantic in me loved that end scene in scandal. yes, i'm an unapologetic sherlock/irene shipper  phr34r 
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 1/16/2014, 9:44 am

bayth wrote:[
Boy, do we ever!  What I was trying figure out was the little bit after the credits.  That was so weird.  I know that the writers did that to encourage discussion and speculation... But, that was just so strange.

I have a question. What exactly was shown after the end credits? The download I got merely showed a trailer of some kind for a new British TV series where swashbuckling is done. I doubt it's Sherlock-related. Yet, there's this voiceover instructing the audience to watch for something after the end credits.

Lottie2303 wrote:
I really love Moffat and his writing, but his Irene Adler really stands for everything how men write "strong, female characters" without actually have an idea in how to present women as strong human beings. Let alone that she was supposed to be a lesbian but seemed to switch her mind the moment she meets Sherlock  blinkk  Molly, who most certainly wasn't intended to be a major part of Sherlock, interestingly turned out to be a fan favorite with great development and so much potential!

I'm also surprised at how well-received Molly as a character became. When she was first introduced, I can't stop pitying the poor girl for having to put up with Sherlock brusque manner and cruel remarks. The turning point came when Sherlock apologized to her in the Scandal in Belgravia. After that, Molly seemed to have grown a backbone and was happily slapping away at Sherlock in the latest episode.

Speaking of Scandal in Belgravia, I thought it was a really well-written episode. What was it about the portrayal and writing of Irene Adler that had some getting upset and calling Moffat a sexist? I didn't think such accusations were justified...
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 1/16/2014, 10:18 am

Delight wrote:
bayth wrote:[
Boy, do we ever!  What I was trying figure out was the little bit after the credits.  That was so weird.  I know that the writers did that to encourage discussion and speculation... But, that was just so strange.

I have a question. What exactly was shown after the end credits? The download I got merely showed a trailer of some kind for a new British TV series where swashbuckling is done. I doubt it's Sherlock-related. Yet, there's this voiceover instructing the audience to watch for something after the end credits.

Oh, that's what that was. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the 3 Musketeers-like video was doing at the end of the credits. I thought that was the what we were waiting to see for Sherlock.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 1/16/2014, 10:28 am

The actress of Molly did the only possible thing: she humanized her. Yes, she was quite pathetic in the first season, but you understood her motivations and that he also suggests a much deeper level of low self-esteem issues and complexity. You know that we only see the surface and that Molly has so much more to offer. I really loved her in Season 3 and she adds so much to the show full with male figures.

Don’t get me wrong, I think the episode with Irene Adler was outstanding. Also Lara Pulver was so dynamic and electric and talented. I loved her portrayal. However I thought her being a dominatrx was rather predictable for Moffat and I am still confused about the lesbian comment. It can be very easily interpreted as “lesbian who will become hetreo once they meet the right man”. (Note: I don’t believe Moffat is misogynistic or homophobic. But him writing female, multiple layered characters is his weakness). It was also a general statement, as “strong, female” characters funnily always seem to share generally associated male traits and Mary Sue-ish behavior. We really need more females in Hollywood who have control over television and movies to generate a wider variety and portrayal of all the different female beings.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/16/2014, 10:40 am

Delight wrote:I have a question. What exactly was shown after the end credits? The download I got merely showed a trailer of some kind for a new British TV series where swashbuckling is done. I doubt it's Sherlock-related. Yet, there's this voiceover instructing the audience to watch for something after the end credits.
I saw it live on BBC, and all they showed after the credits was a bit extended footage of Moriarty saying he's back and "Did you miss me", so really nothing more that what was already shown at the ending before the credits.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 1/16/2014, 11:07 am

they showed this :

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 14 Tumblr_static_gif_341x276_9f493f

unlike the other frames they used in the episode with were clearly still footage/gif like, this is a live moriarty saying "did you miss me". does that mean he is back, alive and well, is anyone guess. but my money is still on a ruse by sherlock/mycroft/someone else. him being alive is a huge leap for the viewers because unlike sherlock (were we didn't see his body hitting the payment), we actually saw moriarty blow his brains out..
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 1/16/2014, 11:10 am

^ I so hope you are right. Moriarty being alive really isn't the wisest idea and would very clearly be the "jump the shark" moment.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 1/16/2014, 11:18 am

as for irene, in the original story she was an actress/opera singer which in those days was associated with loose behavior and questionable moral. she had many lover including being a mistress of a future king of bohemia. there aren't to many occupations today that would create such intrigue and scandal. the closest are starlets/reality stars, but they all seam like a bunch of complete airheads, but going for a professional dominatrix ups the anti. she know sex and she is used to being the one in charge, two thing that holmes isn't conferrable with. it was probably the first time a woman wasn't intimidated by his presence and intellect, that was on or close to his level. he couldn't automatically call himself superior like he does with donovan.

i like molly as well and she has definitely come out of her shell and showed him that he can't walk all over her, but she needs to get over him, otherwise she is going to continue getting hurt. it's not like he is leading her on. he hasn't shown ANY interest in a more intimate/sexual relationship, not only with her but with anyone.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 1/17/2014, 2:04 am

tanita_mors wrote:
i like molly as well and she has definitely come out of her shell and showed him that he can't walk all over her, but she needs to get over him, otherwise she is going to continue getting hurt. it's not like he is leading her on. he hasn't shown ANY interest in a more intimate/sexual relationship, not only with her but with anyone.

I've always liked Molly, but now that she has grown a backbone, I'm even getting Sherlock/Molly feels which I never did at first. I'm not a shipper, but I love the chemistry Sherlock has with every single character.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 1/17/2014, 5:11 am

^ Me too. I was also surprised how much I liked Sherlock/Janine. But I never shipped John/Sherlock, so it may be easier. I still prefer Sherlock to be asexual. Asexuality is too much treated like a joke for my liking.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/17/2014, 8:45 am

Strange, but I never saw anything romantically between Sherlock and John. I know the show puts it in deliberately, mostly to joke and wink about it (and even if they hadn't tumblr doesn't need much to slash/ship a same sex couple to begin with), but I never saw that sort of chemistry between them.

They have great friendship chemistry though.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 1/17/2014, 11:03 am

Glorfindel wrote:Strange, but I never saw anything romantically between Sherlock and John. I know the show puts it in deliberately, mostly to joke and wink about it (and even if they hadn't tumblr doesn't need much to slash/ship a same sex couple to begin with), but I never saw that sort of chemistry between them.

They have great friendship chemistry though.
me too. they are best friends. i don't see anything more, other then an occasional joke about "confirmed bachelors". and i'm kind of ticked of by this insistent need on tumblr that any great friendship must have a a hidden sexual component to it. not to mention that i find it weird as hell that it's women and girls who ship johnlock. maybe it's me, because i rarely ship any parings, slash parings even less, and even then it's more actor chemistry then anything else (like in wharehouse 13 with hg wells and myka, or regina and emma on once upon a time)
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 2/5/2014, 5:27 am

Since we were discussing Sherlock not that long ago, I thought that this video is too cute not to share.

Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/5/2014, 8:38 am

^"That's 1 smart man."

Yup, and totally sexy too.  aa54
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 2/8/2014, 7:16 pm

Jimmy Kimmel had celebrities read mean tweets about themselves - LOL!!!:

bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 2/9/2014, 12:05 am

bayth wrote:Jimmy Kimmel had celebrities read mean tweets about themselves - LOL!!!:

I love it when Kimmel does this. The best part is that they're not even mad about it. They'll just laugh and make fun of your spelling.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 2/10/2014, 3:40 am

^ Ouch. Some of those tweets are so mean that they nauseate me. What happened to common decency? Sigh... And I thought youtube comment sections were horrible.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 2/11/2014, 1:20 am

Can we talk about Teen Wolf 3x18? BECAUSE I AM NOT OKAY!!
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/11/2014, 4:29 am

^What happened?  ohmy  (haven't seen it yet)

Maybe put it in spoiler bars, for if someone doesn't want to know yet?
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/11/2014, 8:47 am

i loved it. they chose the best possible actor for that particular storyline as no one of the younger cast would probably be able to pull it off better. but i wouldn't worry for him, because that dude is like the biggest star of that show and i haven't heard that he wants to leave or something like that, so i'm guessing he is safe. i love "good guys turn evil" storylines so i'm loving this.  coool

Spoiler:
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/11/2014, 9:49 am

^Okay, thanks. I suspected as much that the storylines would go that way.
But..... yikes.  mince 

And I agree that they couldn't have picked a better actor for this. He is fab.  wub
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 2/11/2014, 6:03 pm

Dylan O'Brien is so amazing, like holy shit. I already knew he was a good actor, but this just takes the cake. He went from heartbreaking to adorable to scary as shit in like a minute. Not to mention, he's pretty hot as an evil guy. Well, he's hot normally, but wow!  wub

Also, that scene between him and Posey definitely brought a tear to my eye. I love those 2 and everything about their relationship. It's just so genuine and they have so much chemistry. Also, that thing with Claudia and Sheriff Stilinski was so sad. But let me tell you, this season has actually been surprisingly good, and this episode was definitely the best I've seen since season 2, at least.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 2/13/2014, 9:14 pm

Just finished watching 'The After' on Amazon (it's free for the pilot episode). Very creepy. Typical Chris Carter (The X-Files - one of my all time favorite series). Chris Colfer's friend Carol is one of the art directors.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next