Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

+27
ColferInspired
coxfire
Georgette888
Buenos
Ireth
glimmerle
Lottie2303
ColdFlame96
arina
Glorfindel
bayth
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
Sani
zuppid
ChrisColferFan1
emilynna
ColferGirl
BlueJazz
Emile
Kurt Hummel
Delight
paulopf
tanita_mors
brisallie
fantastica
Shinra17
31 posters

Page 20 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next

Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 20 Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  Buenos 6/3/2014, 2:07 am

Orphan Black..

I love this show:

spoiler:

Spoiler:
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 20 Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  Lottie2303 6/3/2014, 12:49 pm

Yesterday was an epic TV day. Orphan Black, Game of Thrones and In the Flesh all had standout episodes. I was in awe.

Spoiler:
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/4/2014, 2:48 pm

this is where i was today

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 20 Sdc13210

sat on that throne like the queen i am  coool 
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/4/2014, 4:23 pm

^ where the hell is that???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Orphan black: i feel really sorry for Donnie. poor thing. can somebody explain to me what's going w/ the scientist clone? i mean, all this gene jargon talk made me clueless. why did her girlfriend trying to keep the guy's discovery from her? what did he discover? what does that has anything to do w/ Kera? 

i never liked Vic and i still don't like him. 

i have too much to say about GOT. i will write more later in case someone still haven't seen it yet. don't want to spoil too much.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/4/2014, 4:57 pm

That's a very impressive throne, Ivana. TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 20 Bth_KingOnThrone

Were you at some kind of comicon-like convention?
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/4/2014, 5:04 pm

i read that GOT was partially filmed in Croatia (king's landing part). maybe that's where the throne room is?

i bet this throne is cold and hard and doesn't even have a lumber support.  tonguue
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/4/2014, 5:30 pm

HBO Adria (our local HBO ) made some sort of an event and from 31.05-04.06 a life size replica of the Iron Throne was located at a music pavilion in our capitals fortress/big city park, Kalemegdan. (in Belgrade ) You could sit on it and take a few pics for free. It was epic. Look at the lines, and this is just today at 2 pm, imagine that 5 days, from 10 - 21 h.

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 20 SDC13251

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 20 SDC13262

It's pretty comfy, it's made out of wood.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/4/2014, 5:47 pm

aha! the faux "iron" throne! it's smart to make it out of wood. it's a lot easier to carve wood and much lighter to carry/move than if it's out of iron. as long as it's made to look like iron from a distance it's good enough as a prop.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/4/2014, 5:52 pm

even out of wood, it's over 120 kg heavy. and it was fun. even thought i stood in line for over an hour.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/4/2014, 7:45 pm

that same chair made out of steel would have to be measured by tons. 120 kg is the same weight as a fat man. a 3 ton chair would need a special hydrolic lifter to move.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 6/6/2014, 2:14 am

^That's so cool! I would have queued for hours too. Glad to hear this throne was comfortable, unlike the Iron Throne from the books which sounds awful.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/10/2014, 4:43 pm

last week's Orphan Black was a big disappointment for me. they should kill off some old clones before introducing new weird clones, and I really don't like Tony. he/she makes me want to quit watching. my fav clone is the soccer mom. helena the undead is my second fav although i hope they stop trying to kill her again. we all know she can't be killed, for long.

i did enjoy the GOT epic battle episode though. i am glad they keep it focused in one location.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/10/2014, 5:12 pm

I loved the idea of Tony. I really, really loved the idea. But the execution was weird, the make-up bad and the SL seemed like they forced a transgender clone in just for the sake of it. But overall, last episode was the weakest episode from all seasons combined, as all SL's were somehow lacking. I wish they would have introduced Tony as a person, and not a political statement. That was the crux of the matter, as you could feel Tony was too disconnected from the rest of the show. He just had no purpose, which is SO sad, because a transgendered clone is such an amazing and liberal idea.

Jon Snow is my least favorite character and battle scenes usually bore me. Still have not watched the last GoT episode, even though I read amazing reviews.

For those who like/watch In The Flesh!!!: Despite 2 Bafta wins, amazing reviews and a growing fanbase, the future really is not secure. We need some support! So PLEASE tweet #saveintheflesh and #intheflesh to @bbcthree and maybe the cast and crew. Hey, maybe you get some response. The showrunner even tweeted back to me once (today... I feel like a proud kitten). But ITF really is AMAZING, so I would really appreciate it if you could let BBC3 know that a third season really is wanted. Thanks!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/10/2014, 6:43 pm

I just wanted to talk about the new clone, I find interesting the idea of a transgender clone, but I agree the execution wasn't good. As I read somewhere else, what was the point of introducing this clone when the series is almost ending? If they
Spoiler:
and is only me but looking at Tony was like seeing Sarah with a beard? When it comes to Allison, Cosima and even Rachel, I think is clear who is who and their characteristics, especially Ali and her 'uhm' and manners; but with this new clone...I honestly believe Tatiana saved the character with her performance, but yeah there's lacking something. From now and on I hope they focus more on the current plots: What' going to happen with Cosima?  :(  or who will be the new villain?

On a side note, what a great comedic couple are Allison and Donnie  Razz 

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/11/2014, 1:27 pm

^ u r absolutely right that tony looks just like sarah w/ beard, which is why it appears so weird. and regardless of all these testostrone shots he still sports feminine upper body profiles (apparently, you can't turn a real actress into a man and it's hard enough just to hide her boobs). but tony's weirdness isn't as bad as "yet another friggin' clone" reaction from me. I am just tired of it. how about developing and concluding the existing threads such as Helena? where is she now? so they laid down all these question marks and it's time for them to be answered. i don't want more questions to be raised. Donnie and Alison are the greatest thing on this show.

why did rachel say "dr. leeky died from heart attack (or whatever disease i forgot)"? did they already know he's dead? Donnie killed him by accident, and he took the body home. how did Rachel know if leeky is dead or alive? she told him to leave, that's all.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/11/2014, 9:43 pm

fantastica wrote:...

why did rachel say "dr. leeky died from heart attack (or whatever disease i forgot)"? did they already know he's dead? Donnie killed him by accident, and he took the body home. how did Rachel know if leeky is dead or alive? she told him to leave, that's all.

I think Rachel lied as a way to save herself to be scolded (or worse) for not killing Leeky, so as you can't trust in anyone is this show, is better to lie. Is just a theory I've, because unless Leaky was followed by someone, how does she know he's actually dead?. Unclear moments like this one make you want you to know what the hell is going on. As regards Helena, I think her storyline needs more development, we already know why the crazy organization kidnapped her, but what's next?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 6/12/2014, 8:51 am

Lottie2303 wrote:For those who like/watch In The Flesh!!!: Despite 2 Bafta wins, amazing reviews and a growing fanbase, the future really is not secure. We need some support! So PLEASE tweet #saveintheflesh and #intheflesh to @bbcthree and maybe the cast and crew. Hey, maybe you get some response. The showrunner even tweeted back to me once (today... I feel like a proud kitten). But ITF really is AMAZING, so I would really appreciate it if you could let BBC3 know that a third season really is wanted. Thanks!

I really would hate if they didn't get another series or perhaps even an upgrade to BBC2. Very upset actually, because the last episode broke me and left so much open that my hunger for a proper ending will never be satisfyed.

I know they might not get the viewer numbers that they originally wanted but surely this series has been on a up or at least during these very last episodes gotten more hit on the iPlayer. Will surely tweet.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/12/2014, 11:12 am

^ I know! Last episode gutted me! It was so intense and sad and amazing. I really need a third season.

My recommendation, really tweet @bbcthree and@dommitchell (#saveintheflesh and #intheflesh) (the creator. Who promotes the show like as hell as well. He liked/and tweeted back quite a few of my messages already). I think there is a bit of hope, but us fans need to fight for once, as this show is not over and I believe it may eventually take off. I literally witness how each day the viewer numbers are increasing on tumblr. But we really need to be vocal in this case, so I would really appreciate it if you could leave some tweets on Twitter and show your support.  rooots 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 6/13/2014, 8:54 am

The last Game of Thrones episode bored me to bits...I liked some parts, like the ones with Sam and the one where Ygritte was killed, but that battle scene dragged on way too long. But I was prepared for an episode that wouldn't be as good as usual once I saw the opening credits...no Lannisters, no Sansa.

Orphan Black was quite interesting, I like the idea of introducing a trans clone. But he looks so much like Sarah that seeing him kiss Felix was gross. Alison is my favorite and her scenes were the best. Donnie is such an idiot though!
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/13/2014, 11:01 am

^ No, no one. I like Sam and Gilly. Everyone else really does not bother me.

I still have not watched the episode. I stopped once the credits were over. I also read that every other character on the show would have died, but because it is Jon Snow he magically survives. Really, why from all actors it is Jon and Dany who get all the attention and love from the author?
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/13/2014, 12:54 pm

i am one who love epic battle scenes. not the modern machine gun and explosion type but the old fashioned kind especially if they use interesting and inventative machinery for siege etc. I used to watch History Channel (before it turned into another reality trash producer) on ancient warfare and ingenious machinery used during ancient wars. fascinating stuff. 

the tunnel under the Wall is so tall that the giant can easily enter. why did they need such a tall and big tunnel? they should have built it just tall enough for men on horses to get trough and narrow enough so only one or two can move side by side. they can build the outter gate the same size so it can retain its massive weight, but by making the actual tunnel small, and if they further build hidden devices along the way they can trap the enemies in case the outer gate is breached. the invader cannot flood in. they will be slaughtered one by one in the tunnel, kind of like what the "bloody gate" in Sansa's aunt's castle does. if i were to time-travel to ancient time, I would love to design a castle that won't fail, ever.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/13/2014, 1:04 pm

just finished the HBO series Rome. this was the GOT before GOT. it was very well written and acted and the sets and costumes are gorgeous. too bad it was nixed after just 2 seasons, because it was so expensive to produce. it's sad to see a great show like Rome being cancelled while Glee is still given a season to produce vomit-inducing nonsense. 

btw, Rome the series has very few battle scenes for practical reasons. several famous battles were mentioned and shown after-effects but the actual battles were all missing. those who get bored w/ battles can still love the show. for me, i wish they at least talk more about battle field strategies instead of skipping everything together.

I miss History Channels. didn't Chris used to have that on his twitter description? the company who bought History Channel, Bravos, Discovery Channel and TLC have completely destroyed them. I used to subscribe to cable mainly to watch these 4. now i am completely cordless.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/15/2014, 8:26 pm

this episode of Orphan Black is a lot better than last week's. no Tony (is he just a one episode thing?). i feel like that last week can be totally skipped. 

Donnie and Alison are a great couple. they have so much chemistry. i like how that storyline sort of "concludes". Helena's side progresses a bit too fast. the daughter and her bf both turned against the dad is not what I foresee or comprehend. i feel it's a bit too rushed, but i like the ending. is the series renewed for next year? they still haven't explain a lot of stuff, and probably never will.

tonight is the finale of GOT. i already know what will happen to Tyrion because i read hte damn book, but i still look forward to it very much. i love this series.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/19/2014, 2:15 pm

The Queen visiting the "Game of Thrones" set...

http://www.eonline.com/news/552311/queen-elizabeth-is-going-to-the-game-of-thrones-set-fingers-crossed-for-awesome-pictures

How fucking cool is that??

I can just visualize her and Prince Phillip in bed watching episodes commiserating with the trials and tribulations of sitting on the iron throne... Smile  Smile
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/22/2014, 5:24 pm

Fot those who watch Orphan Black, did you see the season finale? Someone mentioned a theory that Feliz could be a clone...well that was close, but it turned out someone else is the male clone, someone I personally didn't expect.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next