Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bistro on the corner

+19
Ireth
ColferInspired
sahhar
paulopf
arina
kac
Coolbeans3131
Emile
tanita_mors
Kurt Hummel
Delight
CloveGlee
ColferGirl
brisallie
Shinra17
Jellyrolls
Struck by Lightning
Glorfindel
fantastica
23 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Bistro on the corner - Page 11 Empty Re: Bistro on the corner

Post  arina 3/28/2012, 4:56 pm

fantastica wrote:she is ony cuddly when she's already comfortable w/ you. she always hides from strangers. I like to let hte cats out because we have a nice yard w/ trees and flowers and all kinds of allergy-causing creatures and it's just so much fun for her to roam out there. right now one of our neighbor's house is vacant (it's for sale) so she spent a lot of time there as well, before she went missing. i feel bad to let cats stay indoors all the time because they are definitely happier when they have more space to roam around and bugs to chase. when they are home all the time they either run around in the house like crazy and give us heart attacks or just eat and sleep and get fat and lazy. I am all for them being outdoors and get natural vitamin D from the sun.
I know that cats are happier when they have more space and that's why I could not have a "normal" cat because I would want for her the best but on the other hand i would be worried. The persian cats we have love to lie on a bed, play with toys and hate "outside". And I live in the third floor in panel building so it would be really hard to let them go outside...
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/28/2012, 5:20 pm

^ then you are lucky to have some natural indoor cats and given the living environment and lack of garden spaces you are right to keep them indoors. I will keep my fingers and eyes crossed for her to come back one day. they say cats have 9 lives. maybe they indeed do and she will be back in one piece, alive.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/28/2012, 5:30 pm

I hope the cat comes back, Kim.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/28/2012, 5:57 pm

I'm sorry Kim. I know how much you can get attached to a cat.

If it gives you any solace: when I was a child our cat disappeared too, for about 3 weeks. Then she came back, carrying 4 kittens..... she was hiding under some house, and made a real cozy home for her and her children with an old blanket.

Does that help?
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/28/2012, 6:12 pm

thank you all to your kind comforting comments and prayers. I hope she will come back one day. Our cat is spayed which means she can't have kittens. all I am hoping is that she is either having so much fun out doors (right now the spring weather is soooooooooooo nice and all the critters are out) or she is cheating and cohabiting w/ a neithbor... I am praying on her extra 8 lives to take her home, soon.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/28/2012, 6:23 pm

^Just because she can't have kittens anymore, doesn't mean she can't have fun with the tomcats out there. It's springtime: love is in the air.
Maybe she's having a nice roll in the hay, or in a field of lilacs. neutre

I hope she comes back home soon.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/28/2012, 6:27 pm

^ I think when they are spayed or neutered they won't have normal sexual drive at all. they remove everything in a girl - uterus, vagina, along w/ her overies. It's not like humans who had their tubes tied but can still flirt and have fun and have sex w/ the opposite sex. sometimes I think it's cruel what they do to animals...

but you are right, it's so nice out there she may decide to be a "wild" cat for awhile.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 3/28/2012, 7:31 pm

brisallie wrote:
Kurtsie4ever wrote:
brisallie wrote:
Kurtsie4ever wrote:I watch a lot of different shows too.

Aside from Glee, I love Modern Family, Saturday Night Live, Teen Wolf, and recently I've been really getting into The Big Bang Theory. I like Regular Show, Adventure Time, and some shows on various channels.

From your list I've only watched MF, SNL and BBT is my fav one wub Love Sheldon. Currently I'm not watching many series aside of these ones, I'm more into movies lately.

I love Sheldon too. wub Howard is my second fave.

I spend most of my time in roleplay thread on Glee Forum.

After Sheldon my fav one is Leonard, though sometimes he could be really annoyed, then are Howard and Raj by equal :D love them together.

rolelay? do you mean gaming area? Lately I went to gleeforum because of my latin friends.

No, but I do go in the gaming area sometimes. I meant the one that says Glee Role Playing.

I'm sorry to hear about your cat, Kim. I know how you feel. I hope your cat comes back safe and sound.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 3/28/2012, 7:39 pm

Is it just me or does this guy from The Wanted look like Puck?

<-- I just noticed I'm a Llama now. Razz
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/28/2012, 8:08 pm

^ for about half a second i thought he looked a bit like Puck but then he looks quite different to me - Puck/Mark has a wider, more "rustic" jaw line.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 3/28/2012, 8:18 pm

^true. he just kinda reminded me of Puck when I first saw the video.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/28/2012, 8:21 pm

Kurtsie4ever wrote:<-- I just noticed I'm a Llama now. Razz
congrats! almost 1000 more hills to climb now. Wink
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 3/28/2012, 10:15 pm

fantastica wrote:
Kurtsie4ever wrote:<-- I just noticed I'm a Llama now. Razz
congrats! almost 1000 more hills to climb now. Wink

Haha thanks. neutre The video for "Glad You Came" is playing on TV and now I can't stop picturing Puck and that guy as relatives. that would interesting.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 3/29/2012, 6:04 am

Hi, Kim. I'm sorry to hear about your missing cat. I hope she finds her way back to you safe and sound.

And on a totally random note, I'm posting this picture here for all you Harry Potter movie fans out there. I can't believe Neville Longbottom had turned out to be the most dashing of them all...

Bistro on the corner - Page 11 52871732405565431466032
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/29/2012, 2:56 pm

Delight wrote:Hi, Kim. I'm sorry to hear about your missing cat. I hope she finds her way back to you safe and sound.

And on a totally random note, I'm posting this picture here for all you Harry Potter movie fans out there. I can't believe Neville Longbottom had turned out to be the most dashing of them all...

Bistro on the corner - Page 11 52871732405565431466032

Neville is the most shocking!!! I still remember in the first movie he was a sweet chubby boy and then in the third one or fourth one he grew up A LOT and it was like "Hello Neville! " OMG HAHAHAHAHA

BTW thanks for the picture.

@Fantastica, I hope you find your kitty soon :( I've never have a cat so I don't know is this attitude is common or not, but probably he will miss you and go back home :D

@Emile , do you mean the bald guy from the Wanted, right? Umm well his face is more oval than Mark/Puck.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/29/2012, 10:34 pm

Has anybody seen Hunger Games yet?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 3/29/2012, 10:51 pm

fantastica wrote:Has anybody seen Hunger Games yet?

No, but I want to.

That would be awesome to be an extra on Glee! I think I'd be so starstruck if I met Chris and/or Damian.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/29/2012, 10:53 pm

^ if you live in the LA area you can try. are you?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 3/29/2012, 11:14 pm

^I live kinda close but I'm not old enough. :(
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/30/2012, 3:39 am

Kurtsie4ever wrote:^I live kinda close but I'm not old enough. :(

Is their a limit age for being an extra??? Why don't you try? :D
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 3/30/2012, 5:49 am

I didn't think it was possible, but this hatius must end now because it's killing me!
Yesterday I was reading a book in english, and instead of reading "barren landscape", I read "blarren landscape". arghh
The Blaine episode's must persecuting me.
------------

Kurtsie4ever wrote:^I live kinda close but I'm not old enough. :(
But no, it's a shame!! ohmy What is the age limit?
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 3/30/2012, 9:25 am

koukou Me, me!

I was expecting a more violent movie, given that it's actually about teenagers butchering each other in a twisted version of 'Survivor', but there was hardly any blood and gore in it... But then again, I have managed to sit through the entire movie of the gratuitously violent 'Immortals', so that says something about my threshold for such stuff. The action scenes were filmed using jerky camera shots, and I have to confess to feeling a little motion sickness at some points in the movie.

I think the actress Jennifer Lawrence had elevated the movie to more than what it was. However, I can't help but feel that something is lacking in the movie. To be honest, I haven't read the books. What I have done is skim through a Glee/Hunger Games crossover fanfic, and that fic alone had managed to make me acutely feel the oppression and tragedy of such a 'game', whereas the entire 'Hunger Games' movie had not. Maybe it's because I just haven't emotionally connected to any of the characters who ended up perishing in the Games. The heroine, whom everyone is rooting for, ends up as a victor; and there is no surprise in that (We need a protagonist for books 2 and 3 after all). Well, at least Katniss is no Bella Swan.

Now, contrast this to a series like, say, 'Game of Thrones', where characters that are honorable, and good, and whom you're desperately rooting for end up getting betrayed and killed by the petty, the nasty, the cowardly... And you're never quite sure which one of your favourite characters is going to end up dead next (because NO ONE is safe)... There's a whole different feel to the story, and the world that the author is building up.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/30/2012, 2:57 pm

I'm moving this here from the appreciation thread Wink

Kurtsie4ever wrote:
Shinra17 wrote:
Kurtsie4ever wrote:
Haha. I'm Kurt (like in all roleplays I'm part of Wink ) and the other person is Blaine and the original charater (OC). Here's the roleplay if your interested in reading it.
Thx, I'll read it tomorrow and I might have more questions. I see propositions for RPG quite often in the glee fandom and since you can have only one Kurt in the game, I was always wondering how they manage that kind of situation since I guess a lot of people want to be him.
Yeah, I do roleplay a lot. That's where I spend most of my time. I'll be happy to answer any questions. neutre
I've read the RP game you started, actually it's a kind of fanfic written by 2 persons and each person has a total control over his character, right?
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 3/30/2012, 5:27 pm

Delight wrote:

koukou Me, me!

I was expecting a more violent movie, given that it's actually about teenagers butchering each other in a twisted version of 'Survivor', but there was hardly any blood and gore in it... But then again, I have managed to sit through the entire movie of the gratuitously violent 'Immortals', so that says something about my threshold for such stuff. The action scenes were filmed using jerky camera shots, and I have to confess to feeling a little motion sickness at some points in the movie.

I think the actress Jennifer Lawrence had elevated the movie to more than what it was. However, I can't help but feel that something is lacking in the movie. To be honest, I haven't read the books. What I have done is skim through a Glee/Hunger Games crossover fanfic, and that fic alone had managed to make me acutely feel the oppression and tragedy of such a 'game', whereas the entire 'Hunger Games' movie had not. Maybe it's because I just haven't emotionally connected to any of the characters who ended up perishing in the Games. The heroine, whom everyone is rooting for, ends up as a victor; and there is no surprise in that (We need a protagonist for books 2 and 3 after all). Well, at least Katniss is no Bella Swan.

Now, contrast this to a series like, say, 'Game of Thrones', where characters that are honorable, and good, and whom you're desperately rooting for end up getting betrayed and killed by the petty, the nasty, the cowardly... And you're never quite sure which one of your favourite characters is going to end up dead next (because NO ONE is safe)... There's a whole different feel to the story, and the world that the author is building up.

Well it's no wonder for the low gore. It's like a PG-13 movie based on a YA novel. Right? And I saw Immortals - I regret for those 90 lost minutes (it's all action with no plot, not to mention that as someone who has an obsession with Greek Mythology, the fact that Gods can be killed was the stupidest thing ever and a lot of other mistakes - but the Battle of the Titans suffers from the same problem). As for the HG, I plan to see it next week. I read the first novel and it's surprisingly good. The concept was fascinating as was the overall tragedy and the fact that people have to sacrifice their children and can do nothing about it. Some consider it a great honor even.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 3/30/2012, 6:57 pm

Shinra17 wrote:I'm moving this here from the appreciation thread Wink

Kurtsie4ever wrote:
Shinra17 wrote:
Kurtsie4ever wrote:
Haha. I'm Kurt (like in all roleplays I'm part of Wink ) and the other person is Blaine and the original charater (OC). Here's the roleplay if your interested in reading it.
Thx, I'll read it tomorrow and I might have more questions. I see propositions for RPG quite often in the glee fandom and since you can have only one Kurt in the game, I was always wondering how they manage that kind of situation since I guess a lot of people want to be him.
Yeah, I do roleplay a lot. That's where I spend most of my time. I'll be happy to answer any questions. neutre
I've read the RP game you started, actually it's a kind of fanfic written by 2 persons and each person has a total control over his character, right?
Pretty much. I never would gotten to roleplaying if wasn't for my step-sister.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next