Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

+17
tanita_mors
Buenos
fantastica
brisallie
Ranwing
Kurt addict
Delight
valkeakuulas
M&M
mindschemez
ChrisColfersLightning
Ireth
Jellyrolls
Glorfindel
Divalicious
dimpledchris
bayth
21 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 7 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Glorfindel 5/22/2015, 5:54 pm

So we have a Sue like character, bitchy cheerleaders, the 'ugly/nerdy' girls (a token black girl, a token Asian girl, a handicapped girl and a token bigger girl), 1 or 2 jocks/hunks, and a concerned (but very handsome) dad. If not taken directly from Glee (and Popular too, lol) these characters are still terribly highschool stereo-typed.
And then there's all the horror elements of AHS.

But apparently Ryan Murphy's creativity is unique and groundbreaking. Rolling Eyes
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 7 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  angelnessa 5/22/2015, 6:34 pm

Glorfindel wrote:So we have a Sue like character, bitchy cheerleaders, the 'ugly/nerdy' girls (a token black girl, a token Asian girl, a handicapped girl and a token bigger girl), 1 or 2 jocks/hunks, and a concerned (but very handsome) dad. If not taken directly from Glee (and Popular too, lol) these characters are still terribly highschool stereo-typed.
And then there's all the horror elements of AHS.

But apparently Ryan Murphy's creativity is unique and groundbreaking. Rolling Eyes

Don't forget that it's the brand new Horror-Comedy genre that he alone came up with. Revolutionary Rolling Eyes .
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/22/2015, 7:04 pm

Going by the show runners track record it might start strong and then burn and crash.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/23/2015, 3:03 am

This concept has been done to death, so this is not revolutionary as Lea called it in one interview a while back. Rolling Eyes

Ryan to me has clearly run out of ideas.

I had a feeling it would be like Glee, Popular and AHS rolled into one.

I already don't see much excitement for this show.

Supergirl is what I will be watching.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/23/2015, 3:05 am

And Harry Shum Jr has joined the cast of Shadowhunters, another show I might take a look at. neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/23/2015, 5:44 am

for those interested, Supergirl pilot has "leaked" online (more like pre-released to test the audience reaction) Haven't watched it yet but from what i've red it gets mixed reviews.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/23/2015, 5:49 am

also, for those who enjoy hannibal like me, the new season is going to be a mix of hannibal (only instead of clarice, will graham will be hunting hannibal and bedilia in florence and across europe), hannibal rising (his origin story with his japanise aunt) and the second part from episode 8 or so will be the red dragon with the tooth fairy killer. there are several trailer online that look great. i'm to lazy to post them so go to (www.spoilertv.com). it's still unsure that if the series gets season 4 we will see clarice starling.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/23/2015, 3:26 pm

^ can't wait for Hannible. let's eat!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/23/2015, 7:14 pm

supergirl is super cheesy. i'm not sure how i feel about it.  it's almost more comidic and goofy then the flash and i'm not really into that. but we'll see if it improves. a pilot is just a pilot. it does have a decent villain twist though
Spoiler:
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 5/23/2015, 8:46 pm

I'll never watch another Ryan show, simply because he has proven too many times that he is willing to create compelling characters, make you care, and then wander off looking at what new toys he can find. Scream Queens isn't even a question to me, no interest whatsoever, and I usually watch anything genre.

Supergirl, I will wait for it to come out officially, but I don't mind a little cheese. After dealing with alcoholics and drug addicts at work, I can deal with a little light-hearted cheese. I always say, if I want reality, I'll go to work tonguue

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/24/2015, 1:34 am

i won't watch supergirl only because i don't like super comics anymore. but i do wish Melissa and the show best of the luck. judging by how popular comic movie franchise are, this show may do well too.

about Ryan Murphy - he couldn't make me care about any character. The only exception was Kurt and that's totally due to Chris Colfer. If he's played by someone else, say Darren Criss, I wouldn't even watch more than 1 episode of Glee.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/24/2015, 4:45 am

fantastica wrote:i won't watch supergirl only because i don't like super comics anymore. but i do wish Melissa and the show best of the luck. judging by how popular comic movie franchise are, this show may do well too.

about Ryan Murphy - he couldn't make me care about any character. The only exception was Kurt and that's totally due to Chris Colfer. If he's played by someone else, say Darren Criss, I wouldn't even watch more than 1 episode of Glee.

I think Ryan is done with Darren. Darren could not even get a role as a corpse on AHS.

Ryan has moved on.

My guess onto Nick Jonas as a lot of gay guys drool over him as much as the girls do.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/25/2015, 8:20 am

Re: Scream Queens trailer

Looks like they've assigned Jamie Lee Curtis to play Jane Lynch's role. I'm getting vibes of Sue Sylvester from her character...
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/25/2015, 7:43 pm

ryan murphy can only write certain characters. he recycles them for different shows.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/4/2015, 3:14 am

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/4/2015, 3:49 pm

wow, matt's beard is getting really BIG! Razz Is he still on Broadway?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/8/2015, 8:18 pm

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 7 Tumblr_npn9j1sFt91s57bimo1_500

So I guess Naya wins the race who will dish the Glee dirt first. tonguue
(Unless some other cast member spills it all in an interview before Naya's book comes out.)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/8/2015, 9:13 pm

Wow. I didn't peg Naya to be the one to write the book with juicy stories (I was betting on Darren or Matt).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/8/2015, 9:18 pm

i dont think Naya is really going to dish out on Glee, she's still a working actress (got a Devious Housemaids " gig ) so she's not going to burn all her bridges.

At least not at this stage of her career.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/8/2015, 10:11 pm

i agree. she will spill some harmless "juice" instead of really controversial/shocking "dirt" about any of her cast/bosses, unless she is planning on retiring from acting and rely on the book proceeds (and her husband) to pay her future bills. I just don't see Naya as such a person.

I also don't see darren dish any dirt on any powerful people. he may gradually spill a little here and there about fellow cast members who he doesn't think would ruin his career.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/8/2015, 11:13 pm

I think Darren is already wrecking his career without revealing any dirt. Rolling Eyes

It remains to be seen how his career will look like after Hedwig finishes.

His so called loyal stans are angry with him now about a misognynistic comment he made about women wearing make-up and no make-up.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 6/9/2015, 12:20 am

I'm thinking a book a'la Jenna's Choosing Glee and Lea's growing up, get well books. Mayyyybe a little bit about how hard it was working on the set time to time?
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/9/2015, 4:01 am

Teen choice awards:

Choice TV Actor: Comedy
Andy Samberg- Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Anthony Anderson- Blackish
Chris Colfer- Glee
Jaime Camill- Jane The Virgin
Jim Parsons- The Big Bang Theory
http://www.teenchoice.com/article/wave-1-nominees
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/9/2015, 8:18 am

^Lol, after all the promoting and rallying the Klainers did to get Klaine nominated for 2 TCA's (as well as Darren for comedy actor), so Chris would be "forced" to talk about Klaine again if they won, it's only Chris who got nominated individually.  moque

(-ETA- It seems that the categories they wanted Klaine to be nominated for haven't been announced yet, so there's still a chance for them, though I wouldn't hold my breath, lol.)

Oh, and Lea is nominated too. Congrats.

Tell me again who always was the most popular and the true leading actor of Glee alongside leading actress Lea? bubgum
(Hint: it's not the former coattail-riding coworker, nor 'Chad'.)

fantastica wrote:i agree. she will spill some harmless "juice" instead of really controversial/shocking "dirt" about any of her cast/bosses, unless she is planning on retiring from acting and rely on the book proceeds (and her husband) to pay her future bills. I just don't see Naya as such a person.
I don't think Naya will spill real 'dirt', but I also don't think she will stick to harmless juice either. It's not like Ryan Murphy and especially Brad Falchuk are thrilled and eager to work with Naya again after what happened late season 5 BTS of Glee.
Naya won't burn all her bridges, she's smarter than that, and I'm sure she wants to keep a reputation of being loyal and easy to work with. But she also has no reason to go too soft and protective on Ryan and Brad either, especially not when it's obvious a lot of people in Hollywood are well aware of how much the cast of Glee worked and was screwed over because RIB were horrible producers and employers.

It will probably be something inbetween (or at least I hope, lol). No real dirt, but her leaving enough hints and innuendo to read between the lines that not everything was "glee" on set. sifflou

ColferInspired wrote:I think Darren is already wrecking his career without revealing any dirt. Rolling Eyes

It remains to be seen how his career will look like after Hedwig finishes.

His so called loyal stans are angry with him now about a misognynistic comment he made about women wearing make-up and no make-up.
The ironic part of this is that this time Darren didn't really make that much ofa misogynistic comment at all (unlike some other comments he made in the past).

If it's the quote I read online yesterday, he only said that he thinks women without make-up are sexy, as they appear to be confident with themselves to not wear any. He never said anything about finding women with make-up unattractive, nor that women wear make-up only to please the guys.

So of all the offensive and/or misogynistic things he has said over the years this one doesn't even raise any flags imo. I dislike Darren as much as the next bitter Chris stan, but this time he didn't really do much wrong (and personally I thought the comment was meant as a compliment).
And yet this is the comment that makes some of his 'fans' finally turn on him, after they've excused much worse from him. Rolling Eyes  Wanna know why?

Darren also said in that quote that he found it intimate when his girlfriend didn't wear any make-up when they were together at home as a couple.
And I think that's why Darren's 'fans' are now suddenly so mad at him: it's not about the make-up comment at all, but it's because he talked about Mia as his girlfriend.

It's a crisscolfer thing, disguised as SJW crap (it's not the first time that happens). And it only shows that, although these tinhatters are first and foremost Darren fans while they loathe Chris, they're not really fans of Darren either. All they care about is the delusion of their fake ship: anyone who bursts that bubble gets harassed and bullied.
Chris has done so numerous times already (and that's why they hate him so). But now that Glee is over and they get more and more frustrated because their "boys" don't interact with each other anymore in rl, Darren isn't safe from their wrath anymore either when he reminds them that he has a gf, and therefore crisscolfer isn't real (even though he still wants their attention, hence the col-fur joke in Hedwig).

I almost feel sorry for him,....almost, if the irony and karma of it all wasn't so on point. suspectt
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 6/9/2015, 5:12 pm

Yay for Lea and Chris. Thats a pleasantly delicious surprise.

I always pictured naya spilling juice, especially with the hooplah over her final months, and how wierd that all played out. Im confused by her professional journey, so who knows what she'll spill. But i look forward to any dirt. Evil or Very Mad

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next