Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6x09 "Child Star" Watch & Discussion thread

+6
brisallie
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Buenos
Divalicious
dimpledchris
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

6x09 "Child Star" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap13%6x09 "Child Star" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
6x09 "Child Star" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%6x09 "Child Star" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
6x09 "Child Star" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap13%6x09 "Child Star" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
6x09 "Child Star" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%6x09 "Child Star" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
6x09 "Child Star" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap38%6x09 "Child Star" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 38% 
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
6x09 "Child Star" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap25%6x09 "Child Star" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 8

6x09 "Child Star" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 6x09 "Child Star" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  brisallie 2/28/2015, 2:36 am

I haven't seen the episode as I was finishing an anime, but then I decided to give it a chance and apparently is better to avoid it.

...lets see how masochist I am
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

6x09 "Child Star" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 6x09 "Child Star" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ColferInspired 2/28/2015, 3:39 am

I value other opinions but many on tumblr loved this episode.

I want to see the newbies, because I want see these kids get chances after Glee, because they all deserve it.

This is their chance to shine.

I can go without an episode without Kurt, because no Blaine as well and not much Rachel.

To me is a win win.

But I really wished they had not gone the romantic route and created two ships that won't even matter, when they could have done other stories with them to show what they can really do. :angry:

Don't these five young stars deserve to have the same opportunities as Chris, Dianna, Melissa, Grant, Max etc have gotten?

Granted the writing is crap, but that is no fault of theirs.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 2/28/2015, 3:59 am

In my opinion the best thing about this episode no Blaine
In my opinion the worst thing about this episode no Kurt.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/28/2015, 4:09 am

Call me weird,but I laughed at some points,as they were so cringeworthy that I couldn't help myself.

Overall,I feel they tried to do a season one episode,but was so messed up that it didn't work,and is sad as I insist these new newbies have potential. But once again the writing was poor. And as for the new characters, I know sectionals are coming and need new people,but I feel Myron had many scenes and is an annoying boy,so I dont want to see him. As regards the other boy, I didn't care,but the romance was fast.

The performances, I only save Uptown funk and I want to break free (though no one would be as good as Jon Groff doing Queen),but Mason/Billy has charisma for me,and sings well. Yeah I like him.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/28/2015, 6:26 am

who knew that my sarcastic and passive-aggressive episode description was SO ON POINT. like 100 %. got to be a first. banzai
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/28/2015, 7:32 am

@colferinspired, I definitely think the new newbies are better than the old ones, but I just can't bring myself to get invested in any of them because I know the series is ending. If the had been introduced in season four instead of the boring clones Glee would have been a much better show. Ultimately, this is just Ryan pushing his idea of a rotating cast and keeping it in high school, but finding a way to keep some of the originals in it because Fox won't let him completely toss them away.

And they gave the A storyline to a new character with four episodes let to go. What was the point of that? Honestly I would have rather seen Kurt and bland on their honeymoon than that. It is absolutely pointless.

The Spencer/Alastair thing was just so rushed. There was no build up for it. One awkward flirting seen, and a little heart to heart, and boom, they kiss, and Alastair is in glee club. Glee just can't let the characters be single.

the problem with this entire season is that there has been absolutely no growth for any character. You have all these kids one or two years either not going to college or dropped out (except Kurt, who has a entirely unlikely work study for a performing arts major) rushing back to their high schools to coach glee clubs. Their entire story lines have basically been been finding new glee club members. Kurt's entire storyline has been pining over the cheating bastard only to windown up marrying him a day after reuniting despite the fact in canon Kurt says they are too young for marriage and in reality a character who is a hopeless romantic and a strong snarky guy would never put up with the crap Blaine has pulled. And then they bring in all of he other original cast members to prop up Rachel and the newbies instead of giving them an ending for their characters.

If it wasn't for the fact that I have committed to watching to support Chris to the end, I would have stopped watching this ages ago.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/28/2015, 11:27 am

I don't mind a bit of focus on the new noobs, but honestly... I just can't get invested in characters that are introduced and are basically there to fill space. It's not that I don't like the characters - I especially like Jane and the incest twins - but I don't want to spend an episode pairing them off and I couldn't care about their romantic interests. Getting new members to fill out the choir? Fine. But did we need to spend an entire episode just to bring in an obnoxious brat who I hope will stay in the background for the rest of the season.

What amazes me is that for all the flash and bang Glee is trying to squeeze out of this corpse of a show, very little of consequence is being accomplished. ND just kind of blundgers along and Rachel's style of leadership seems to be about not getting in the way of other people's ideas. Kurt has fulfilled his obligation of getting married and otherwise has no real storyline of his own. Same for Blaine. Nothing gets accomplished without six alumni traipsing through McKinley. Sue and Will continue their pointless rivalry that has been stale since season two. And instead of using what little time the show has to give the established characters a respectable sendoff and wrapping up the show in a satisfactory way, only Rachel gets a season-long story arc that's being told in the most contrived manner possible. We're spinning our wheels and besides being disrespectful to the characters and actors who made this show such successful, it's disrespectful to the fans who's stuck by the show well past its expiration date.

It's one thing for Glee to be outrageous. It's another thing for it to be tired and boring.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/28/2015, 3:30 pm

Rating was about the same, but viewers were down.

Overnight ratings for Friday, February 27, 2015:

9:00

ABC - Shark Tank - R - 1.2/4 18-49 rating/share, 4.91 million viewers
NBC - Dateline - 1.2/4 18-49 rating/share, 6.19 million viewers
CBS - Hawaii Five-0 - 1.1/4 18-49 rating/share, 9.47 million viewers
FOX - Glee - 0.6/2 18-49 rating/share, 1.67 million viewers

Half-hour breakdown for Glee:

9:00 - 0.6/2 18-49 rating/share, 1.70 million viewers
9:30 - 0.6/2 18-49 rating/share, 1.65 million viewers
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/28/2015, 7:00 pm

not bad. still over a million.

Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2