Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 3

+19
Buenos
valkeakuulas
brisallie
M&M
angelnessa
tanita_mors
Ireth
Kurt addict
mindschemez
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColferFan1
Glorfindel
Ranwing
sjonnepon
ColferInspired
Vir Cotto
bayth
TimF
lilypaperclips
23 posters

Page 3 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next

Go down

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 3

Post  ColferInspired 2/3/2015, 6:32 am

You know it is bad when you see Klainers that don't care about Kurt are pissed off that Kurt barely gets to sing in this weeks episode.

Even they are waiting for Kurt to have a solo. 

Chris should be singing that song Close To You, not Chord. :angry:

And Chris would have sounded amazing on Arthurs Theme.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 3

Post  Glorfindel 2/3/2015, 6:46 am

It's ridiculous that football assistant coach Sam, rival choir director Blaine, and even NY-college student Artie (though I'm all for Kevin singing when he's around) get to sing on an all guys ND song, while Kurt, who is ND's male choir director, stays silent.  :angry:

Ugh, I can't even get myself motivated enough to listen to the rest of the songs (have only listened to WTWNN and 'Arthur's Theme'). Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/3/2015, 6:52 am

This is a joke that Chris is the one regular who has not gotten a solo of a featured place in any of the group numbers. And that fucking Heather has sung more than Chris has this season. I know that he's singing next week, but I'm tired of this. At least this will be over in a few weeks and Chris will be free (and we know that he will be singing in the Noel Coward film).

None of the songs were impressive. Even Lea's solo was bland and this is supposed to be her big audition number? Chord pretty much murdered Close To You (an not in a good way) and his duet with Lea was awful. She sounded fine, but he in no way can keep up with her vocally.

Nice to hear Matt for the first time this season... if there's anyone even more underused than Chris, it's Matt.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/3/2015, 7:25 am

Yes, it is nice to hear Matt. neutre

None of these songs I want to keep. :angry:
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/3/2015, 7:32 am

I guess Chris gets to sway in the background during the boys group number as he is in the scene. :angry: 

Arthur's Theme is ruined for me.

I had to turn off Close To You, Promises Promises and Arthur's Theme as they were so bad.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/3/2015, 10:24 am

Promises Promises was a waste. I know that it's going to be Rachel's big audition number, but she did her usual bombastic treatment of the song and I'm just so bored with Lea belting every number like she needs to reach the cheap seats. And don't get me started on her even having an audition...

This season is going to be a waste and getting upset over Chris being so underutilized in singing numbers is pointless. He doesn't need Glee and he's going to be singing in his film so we'll get lots to enjoy there. And he's not the only one being shamefully ignored - Matt would have been excellent in this episode and having his few bits in WTWNN is sad considering that this is the first he's getting to sing all season.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 2/3/2015, 1:55 pm

Because humans are egocentric, we make everything about what we feel is important. So I am self-aware when I state that perhaps Kurt getting so little spotlight is because they want to punish the fans for not treading the partyline of thinking Blaine is the King of Cool and Rachel the Queen of SnowFlakes. Smile

In the end, I miss the opportunity of hearing Chris sing songs so much in his wheelhouse, because even if we get to hear him sing in Noel (very likely) it won't be these songs. Glee is only hurting itself by continuing the downward spiral of only these people singing all the songs, instead of taking some risks when they have nothing left to lose. So they are letting the ship go down without sending out a single life boat.

The travesty of stories they initiated, your true love is your first and only love, some people get all the opportunities, where some people just can't win. Some people can be bitchy and cruel and have not one jot come back on them, cheaters get to browbeat the ones they cheated on without consequence. In the end, the bullies and idiots get to win, and the outcasts get to sway in the back ground.

They even bring in these marvelous new voices, and seem to take little advantage of them. I do like that the Glee club is aware Rachel makes everything about her, even if all the show does is acknowledge it, instead of doing something about it.

Soon, our trials will be over.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/4/2015, 5:02 am

I had forgotten that Chris has already sung a Burt Bacharach in Season 1 "House Is Not A Home" until Marie reminded me on tumblr when she posted up "House Is Not A Home" on tumblr.

The Burt Bacharach in this episode is a massive mess.

I know Chris wants to find a way so he can continue to sing to please the fans after Glee is finished.

Hearing the song made me sad that they have wrecked this show.

Chris owned that song as he sang most of it, Cory getting but a small part.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/4/2015, 7:22 am

I'm in a pestimistic mood. The way I'm guessing things will play out is that Arthur's Theme will be done while Rachel is in NY for her audition. Kurt calls in Blaine to help him with this lesson, since he's so incapable of doing anything without one of the Special Snowflakes. It's not as if he's co-director or anything. dryy

As for Rachel, her audition will go well. Because why should she actually be held responsible for her own actions and quitting a show early into her run is nothing that should hold her back. Which will leave Rachel torn between her responsibilities to ND and her desire to get back to NY where she (thinks) she belongs. vexe

As for Kurt.... *crickets*
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon 2/4/2015, 7:30 am

If i will even watcht this episode if a performance comes on then i'm just going to watch A House is not a home instead.
Even Cory's solo in ahinah is better than all the songs in 6.06 together.
sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/4/2015, 9:55 am

There was a Fox press release for '2009' (6x09) on February 27th, but then they deleted it and replaced it by a press release for 'Star Child' (6x10).

(GLE-609) "2009" Press Release
THIS LISTING HAS BEEN DELETED BY THE NETWORK AND IS NO LONGER VALID.

IT’S FLASHBACK FRIDAY ON AN ALL-NEW “GLEE” FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 27, ON FOX

GLEE goes back in time to see why the original members of New Directions signed up for glee club in the first place in the all-new “2009” episode of GLEE airing Friday, Feb. 27 (9:00-10:00 PM ET /PT) on FOX. (GLE-609) (TV-14 D, L)

(GLE-610) "Child Star" Press Release
MAZEL TOV! ON AN ALL-NEW “GLEE” FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 27 ON FOX

A high-strung, demanding tween requests that the members of New Directions perform at his bar mitzvah, and the glee club must band together for its first public performance. Meanwhile, Spencer pushes Roderick to lose weight in the all-new “Child Star” episode of GLEE airing Friday, Feb. 27 (9:00-10:00 PM ET /PT) on FOX. (GLE-610) (TV-14; D, L) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.11

So Jane (and Lea too) was right and the flashback episode '2009' has moved and will be part of the finale, either 6x12 or 6x13.

"We do an episode that might end up being our last episode, we’ve shot it already, where we go back in time and some things are resolved and some feelings are resolved and it’s quite sweet and it’s, y’know, quite touching and I think that if that indeed is the last episode I think it’ll be a wonderful ribbon on the package that has been Glee."
Jane Lynch talking about “2009” (via fyeahgleeclub)

There have been last minutes rewrites for that episode ('2009'), probably to make it more fitting for a finale, and also to include Blaine and maybe Sam, who were first not to be in that episode.
(You can imagine the whining and moaning of the Blarrenstans and Blam fans on e.g. tumblr over their favorites probably getting very little in the last or penultimate Glee episode. moque )

So, in all likelihood the order for the last episodes will be:
6x06 - What The World Needs Now - Febr 6th (Burt Bacharach tribute: lots of Brittana)
6x07 - Transitioning - Febr 13th (Beiste, Rachel and Blaine getting egged)
6x08 - A Wedding - Febr 20th (blegh)
6x10 - Child Star - Febr 27th (Bar Mitzwa, possible no Blaine)
6x11 - ? - March 6th (Carol Burnett/Sue's mom, medical people needed for scene)
6x12 - ? - March 13th (99% sure that's Sectionals)
6x09+6x13 or 6x13+6x09 - 2009 and ? - March 20th (flashback/finale, Jesse back)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/4/2015, 10:22 am

This last minute jockeying really does show in graphic detail just how poorly planned this season is. It's not as if they didn't have a few extra months to set things up before they starting filming.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/4/2015, 12:57 pm

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 3 - Page 3 Tumblr_nj945nnPiv1r4ezfzo1_500

"I just didn’t want to let down the girls who are straight and tomboys that my character represented the last four seasons. But I got the script and I was, like, ‘Oh my God. This is amazing.’"
Dot-Marie Jones on her small hesitation about her character transitioning from female to male

Dot-Marie (accidentally?) pointing out that Beiste's transgender storyline is a complete retcon. moque
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/4/2015, 2:53 pm

i kinda feel sorry for Dot. but she is professional and she will do what she was given.

the glee train has derailed eons ago and now it's sinking in a muddy river beneath a valley 3000 miles from the train track. can't get any worse.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/4/2015, 3:34 pm

If this is legit, than '2009' will be the finale episode:

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 3 - Page 3 Tumblr_nj97hyOve51qg49w0o1_500
(Glee schedule from the Fox press site.)

This could mean all kinds of things: at best it's just a nostalgic look back at the original kids before glee club got taken over by Mr. Shue, at the worst it's a canon altering AU episode that wipes out everything that happened in 6 seasons.
Since it's Ryan Murphy we're talking about, anything goes. notall

-ETA-
The schedule has now 6x12 and 6x13 on March 20th, and no Glee episode on March 13th. The flashback episode '2009' (6x09) has no airing date at all.
Could it be they won't air '2009' but maybe have it as a bonus people will have to buy? saispa
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  lilypaperclips 2/4/2015, 4:00 pm

Ranwing wrote:This last minute jockeying really does show in graphic detail just how poorly planned this season is. It's not as if they didn't have a few extra months to set things up before they starting filming.

banzai Agreed.

But the showrunners are probably like Rachel in their thinking, in that they feel that no matter how massive their foul-ups, the television industry will let them continue because they are soooo talented. Yes, may be it looks like it for now...but if you start costing people money they are going to be looking for returns on their investment.
lilypaperclips
lilypaperclips
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 2/4/2015, 7:28 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
-ETA-
The schedule has now 6x12 and 6x13 on March 20th, and no Glee episode on March 13th. The flashback episode '2009' (6x09) has no airing date at all.
Could it be they won't air '2009' but maybe have it as a bonus people will have to buy? saispa

Messy, messy, messy. If they're really "listening" to their viewers then they'd know that 2009 is one of the few episodes people were actually excited to watch, well, except for for some fans of certain actors who are purportedly not in the episode. If they'll take '2009' out, they'll be letting go of fans who stopped watching seasons ago who would've tuned in just for the nostalgia.
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/5/2015, 1:10 am

Glorfindel wrote:Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 3 - Page 3 Tumblr_nj945nnPiv1r4ezfzo1_500

"I just didn’t want to let down the girls who are straight and tomboys that my character represented the last four seasons. But I got the script and I was, like, ‘Oh my God. This is amazing.’"
Dot-Marie Jones on her small hesitation about her character transitioning from female to male

Dot-Marie (accidentally?) pointing out that Beiste's transgender storyline is a complete retcon. moque

Still disagree with this storyline, and I know half or even more of the fandom think the same, but Dot is a professional and knows how to deal with this crap

As for 2009, some people are afraid that turns out to be the finale, as they believe will mean everything will go back to when started. Do I have to say the name of those who are afraid? There's a hint: it would be terrible for them to not have their favorite one.

I personally I'm curious how this nostalgic episode will be. And really want to see baby Kurt.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/5/2015, 5:39 pm

Stills for 6x08 are out. Here are 2, the rest is up on http://fyeahgleeclub.tumblr.com/.

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 3 - Page 3 Tumblr_njbb0vkne31s57bimo1_500

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 3 - Page 3 Tumblr_njbbb77sXy1s57bimo1_500

The moms are singing in the back, Carol is on the left. Blaine and Kurt are sitting on the far right (Kurt is behind Blaine).

They're really trying to hide that Klaine get married too, which is kinda stupid, as everyone already knows and even the media have spoiled it. Rolling Eyes
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/5/2015, 6:39 pm

Grain of salt, but it's a reliable source:

6x08 spoilers
My source has given me a couple of spoilers from the script.  So, they are subject to filming changes, editing, etc, as usual…  And they also said that they will not spoil any more about this episode, just a couple of fun teasers (they don’t want every detail spoiled).  So this is it for now!  And this is word for word all they told me—I know nothing more!

1) Kurt and Blaine reunite officially when Kurt runs to Blaine’s apartment.  This is in the first act of the show (before the first commercial).

2) There is a scene at the wedding where Burt and Carole give advice to Kurt and Blaine, but ultimately it is Santana, Brittany, and Sue who ask/convince Kurt and Blaine to join the wedding.

3) “Hey Ya” is a big group number where everyone is dancing at the reception.  ”Our Day Will Come” is the last song at the reception.  The couples start off singing while others are dancing, but then Kurt and Blaine suggest a couples’ dance.
http://missbeizy.tumblr.com/post/110184866745/6x08-spoilers

So Klaine is indeed getting married in the same episode they get back together again, and 2 of the people urging them to get married right away are Kurt's dad and stepmom, and anoter one locked them up in an elevator only weeks ago.
   smajli
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/5/2015, 7:54 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
So Klaine is indeed getting married in the same episode they get back together again, and 2 of the people urging them to get married right away are Kurt's dad and stepmom, and anoter one locked them up in an elevator only weeks ago.
   smajli

And the people who Kurt said were two young to get married just weeks before.

Glee is just so dumb it's not even funny. We have a group of kids who either didn't get married or dropped or flunked out of college, or didn't bother to go at all. We have many of them getting married or almost getting married, or seriously considering getting married.

And none of them can legally drink yet.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 2/5/2015, 8:58 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Glee is just so dumb it's not even funny. We have a group of kids who either didn't get married or dropped or flunked out of college, or didn't bother to go at all. We have many of them getting married or almost getting married, or seriously considering getting married.

And none of them can legally drink yet.

It's really so frustrating to see the show reduced to this. They keep saying that for this last season they "listened to what the fans want" and if they did, they clearly listened to the questionable ones. Who wants  to see their favourite characters out of school and with no careers, or married at such a young age with no other plans for a better/more secure future?

These young characters' goals during the first few seasons were to get out of that "cow town" and be successful, and most of them have actually regressed. Ugh.

On to some positive news:
Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 3 - Page 3 Tumblr_njbmb04fgS1r4ezfzo1_r1_500
Source

And Kevin mentioned that they have two weeks of filming left (x). Exciting times!
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/6/2015, 4:54 am

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 3 - Page 3 Tumblr_njbltlKV5w1r4ezfzo1_500
@alxanders #TBT with Kate at @ChaliceStudio Not only is she uber talented but she’s super sweet as well.
Yay!!! Kate Hudson's back. dryy
Well, at least it's not Gwynneth Paltrow. 

If this is for a NYADA scene I bet my house it won't be for Kurt, but probably Cassandra kissing smoke up Rachel's ass again. Rolling Eyes

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 3 - Page 3 Tumblr_njc0b9ltxE1r4ezfzo1_500
Ooooh, the shade. uhuhu
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/6/2015, 7:43 am

Glorfindel wrote:Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 3 - Page 3 Tumblr_njbltlKV5w1r4ezfzo1_500
@alxanders #TBT with Kate at @ChaliceStudio Not only is she uber talented but she’s super sweet as well.

It's a throwback Thursday picture (#TBT), so it's an older picture. So, she's probably not back.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 2/6/2015, 10:07 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 3 - Page 3 Tumblr_njbltlKV5w1r4ezfzo1_500

It's a throwback Thursday picture (#TBT), so it's an older picture.  So, she's probably not back.
My first question was: how on earth could they have gotten her again, knowing they probably don't have any money left. ;D
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next