Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

+28
Sunshine 2012
Kurt addict
opals
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
kac
sheny
TimF
tanita_mors
Ireth
Divalicious
Catt24
angelnessa
Tash87
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColferFan1
Glorfindel
Lottie2303
Georgette888
mindschemez
Ranwing
fantastica
bayth
coxfire
Buenos
brisallie
Vir Cotto
ColferInspired
32 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 21 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Buenos 8/5/2014, 1:11 am

Twitter followers among the Noobs

Jacob Artist 374 K
Blake Jenner 360 K
Melissa Benoist 346 K
Becca Tobin 228 K
Alex Newell 168 K
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 21 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  brisallie 8/5/2014, 1:45 am

Buenos wrote:Twitter followers among the Noobs

Jacob Artist      374 K
Blake Jenner     360 K
Melissa Benoist  346 K
Becca Tobin      228 K
Alex Newell       168 K

I'm surprise Becca doesn't have more followers, from what I've seen she's one, if not the most, popular from the newbies. And as for Heather, didn't know she has a twitter, last time I checked she wasn't into social media.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/5/2014, 2:08 am

brisallie wrote:
Buenos wrote:Twitter followers among the Noobs

Jacob Artist      374 K
Blake Jenner     360 K
Melissa Benoist  346 K
Becca Tobin      228 K
Alex Newell       168 K

I'm surprise Becca doesn't have more followers, from what I've seen she's one, if not the most, popular from the newbies. And as for Heather, didn't know she has a twitter, last time I checked she wasn't into social media.

Certainly Becca seems the most socially media saavy of the Noobs..

I wonder if it has partly to do with the fact that Kitty was not one of the leads when the Noobs first appeared, but rather a supporting foil whose "evil" character was badly sketched at first. By the time the show built her up and made her more somewhat more sympathetic and accessible , the audience had fallen off drastically by then.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/7/2014, 2:19 am

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 21 Tumblr_n9wqa2LrTK1tynbjdo1_500
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/7/2014, 3:36 am

Buenos wrote:General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 21 Tumblr_n9wqa2LrTK1tynbjdo1_500

What? Chord is also planning to release an album? Umm good luck, to him and I think country may suits him.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/7/2014, 3:50 am

brisallie wrote:
Buenos wrote:General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 21 Tumblr_n9wqa2LrTK1tynbjdo1_500

What? Chord is also planning to release an album? Umm good luck, to him and I think country may suits him.

I think it is country as he has always intended to release such an album in the past.

I think if he sticks to that market he might do okay sale wise.

Not mammoth sales, but enough so he doesn't look embarrassing.

I have not heard any of his stuff, but I sure hope he hasn't gone the pop route.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/7/2014, 3:53 am

brisallie wrote:

Chord has an advantage in that he's originally from Nashville and his family is well connected in the music business.  His father is a Nashville singer songwriter and his brother is part of a well known band, "Hot Chelle Rae".  Their last album went double platinum.

This solo album was talked about as far back as when he wasn't picked up for regular status at the beginning of Season 3.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/8/2014, 4:18 pm

grantgust
2 hours ago
The cool kids at Starbucks were sneaky today. Very cool. #ididntsayshit #theflash

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 21 Tumblr_na01g3Sn3M1susnhzo1_r1_1280
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/11/2014, 4:04 am

Tyler Hoechlin from Teen Wolf beat out Darren for Best Scene stealer in the TCA's.

Thing is Fox could only have picked Darren to win if he was in the top four who had the most votes. So, by this Darren most not have got the votes to be in that top four. Same with Chord as well as he didn't win his category either.

I did think Darren's fanbase was shrinking, but this cannot look good to Fox.

Chris was never in the nom's, but I just know if he was in any top four Fox would not have given him any sort of win.

Though I think Chris is outgrowing his teen idol status.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/11/2014, 10:00 am

Lea Michelle did win in her category again, lead actress in a TV comedy.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/11/2014, 10:13 am

Buenos wrote:Lea Michelle did win in her category again, lead actress in a TV comedy.

Well, some are calling this a consolation prize as she received it on the red carpet.

Fox do pick the winners out of the four with the most votes, so she would have been in the top four. It is obvious she would have won.

So, knowing she must have been in the top four shows she is still popular with fans.  neutre

The thing about the top four I got from tumblr so this is not from me.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/11/2014, 1:26 pm

ColferInspired wrote:
Buenos wrote:Lea Michelle did win in her category again, lead actress in a TV comedy.

Well, some are calling this a consolation prize as she received it on the red carpet.

Fox do pick the winners out of the four with the most votes, so she would have been in the top four. It is obvious she would have won.

So, knowing she must have been in the top four shows she is still popular with fans.  neutre

The thing about the top four I got from tumblr so this is not from me.

While TCA has never had real awards credibility, (FOX chooses the winners) this year did show how far off the buzz Glee has fallen. FOX had to cater to "The Vampire Diaries", "Teen Wolf", "Pretty Little Liars",etc  fans as the shows the kids are interested in.   Glee with the exception of Lea was hardly a presence wich was glaring since Glee used to be a big factor in this show.   It's ironic considering how many think Glee ruined itself by catering to the teens exclusively that the teens have moved beyond it.

Not airing until maybe Feb/March, Glee doesn't even rate enough for FOX to artificially create buzz , and let's be real, some of the nominations that FOX produced  for Glee were a joke (does anyone in the universe  actually think that Chord Overstreet is the most popular male  actor on Glee? Matt Morrison probably gets more buzz than Chord, to speak nothing of  Chris, Darren and Kevin).

Seeing which shows seem to have the lasting power with the teenagers it telegraphs how risky it was for Glee to eschew all it's other demographics just for the tweens.

Last edited by Buenos on 8/11/2014, 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 8/11/2014, 1:34 pm

It could also be that Darren was in the top four vote getters, but Fox chose not to give it to him. I tend to believe though that Tyler Hoechlin could have very well won the category fairly by votes. Darren has been unable to win even minor fan-voted polls lately (especially since most of them started using Captcha to prevent bot voting). I believe that his fanbase is dwindling, and only the most devoted (rabid) stans are still motivated to earn him some kind of award, but they just don't have the numbers against a still-popular show like Teen Wolf. Although it was a very minor category, Fox giving Scene Stealer to someone like Darren over someone like Hoechlin would have eroded the relevancy of the TCA's even more (if that's possible  fanny2 ).

I predict Lea's TCA win will be the last we see from the Glee cast, in a Glee role, unless Chris can pullout another PCA win.
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/11/2014, 1:44 pm

angelnessa wrote:

I predict Lea's TCA win will be the last we see from the Glee cast, in a Glee role, unless Chris can pullout another PCA win.

That's going to be tough since Glee won't probably be on the air when the voting is done.

It's a catch22 for FOX to promote Glee since it's a lameduck show that for all intents and purposes is cancelled.   It will be interesting to see  if they do any promo photo shoots at all before filming commences, and being a midseason replacement show if any marketing blitz is devoted to Glee.

Chris was smart, he's created his niche as a writer, he has a movie coming up immediately after he wraps up Glee, and then he'll probably have promo for both the next book released and the Robo Dog movie (summer of 2015 I'm guessing, though animated films can take forever) .  While Chris has teen fans , he's working on a career that encompasses more than that market once Glee is over.

Chis may never again achieve the screaming teens  popularity of Glee at it's height (Season 1 and 2) but I don't think he really gives a rat's ass about that, with him it seems to be all about the work and being respected.

The teen  market is tough, since the fans can get new favorites every year, so people like Zac Efron have been smart to use their teen popularity to move beyond that to other roles, something I think Chris will also get  due to the fact he's known primarily as as good actor and now a writer.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/11/2014, 2:22 pm

I don't think it's fair to call Lea's win a consolation prize.  There were tons of award that were awarded off camera because there just wasn't enough time to give them all out in a two hour program (though why the included the web stars over the TV stars in the program, I just don't know).  They were on a tight schedule (made a bit tighter by the long windedness of the Fault With Our Stars actors).

The TCA's are more about face time at the event than anything else. Fox can pick who they want, and you can bet that they pick people that they know who will attend the event. They probably just go down the line of top vote getters until they get one to commit to going. Of course, if Darren was the top, they would have picked him and he would have gone, but if they others had more votes, they probably would have offered them the award first.

I'm just hoping that we don't see both Chris and Darren (and Klaine for that) in the running for People's Choice Awards. I don't want to spend two months voting again Wink
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/11/2014, 2:34 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:The TCA's are more about face time at the event than anything else.  Fox can pick who they want, and you can bet that they pick people that they know who will attend the event.  They probably just go down the line of top vote getters until they get one to commit to going.

PLus they want the fans/teenage base who watch "Teen Wolf", "The Vampire Diaries", "Pretty little Liars", etc. to tune in to FOX to watch their faves.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 8/11/2014, 2:38 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
I'm just hoping that we don't see both Chris and Darren (and Klaine for that) in the running for People's Choice Awards. I don't want to spend two months voting again Wink

Oh no, the PCA's are coming!? I just got throught Slash Madness. Wink

I spent almost an hour cleaning last years tweets from my feed and most are still there.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/11/2014, 4:41 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:
Oh no, the PCA's are coming!? I just got throught Slash Madness. Wink

I spent almost an hour cleaning last years tweets from my feed and most are still there.

I sent most of my tweets from accounts set up specifically to vote for the PCA's so I wouldn't clog up my regular account. I'll only vote it Chris is nominated, and I'll vote more if Chris is nominated opposite Darren like last year because there is no way in hell I'll stand for Darren beating Chris.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 8/11/2014, 4:47 pm

Buenos wrote:
angelnessa wrote:

That's going to be tough since Glee won't probably be on the air when the voting is done.

It's a catch22 for FOX to promote Glee since it's a lameduck show that for all intents and purposes is cancelled.   It will be interesting to see  if they do any promo photo shoots at all before filming commences, and being a midseason replacement show if any marketing blitz is devoted to Glee.  

I was wondering about a promo photo shoot as well, which would normally be done and out by now. I'm guessing we should look for that in the late fall or early winter, if it even happens.

I don't really want to be doing anymore extreme PCA voting again either, and only will if Chris is up against Darren again. We'll see what happens.
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/11/2014, 5:04 pm

I'm really loathing the PCA's at this point.  It's  almost seems lose/lose with how toxic it gets with the competing fandoms.

Sure it's nice to demonstrate how loyal and passionate Chris fans are despite the neglect on the show.  It's also a nice feather in his cap if could win it three years running... coool 

However, it's not as if the voting is going to help or change anything on Glee (it will practically be finished filming by then) and just that on principle  I hate voting for something or someone just so they don't lose against someone else.  

That is what soured me last year, with some people admitting that they were voting against Klaine or voting for Chris just so that Darren wouldn't win. Ugh. (mind you, not referring to here but more in tumbr and other cyberspace where it gets ugly with the accusations, etc, )

TBH I sort of hope neither one of them is nominated this year.  Or if Chris is nominated that Darren isn't so that  it becomes more simply voting FOR Chris than against someone else.    The divisive Glee fandom is so screwed up.

Of course if Chris is nominated again I will have to vote LOL, but I guess it's the last time affiliated with anything for Glee  so there's that.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/11/2014, 5:28 pm

does Fox put shows/actors from other network in TCA too? is it just a Fox thing?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/11/2014, 5:42 pm

^Other networks too. Fox has too, as they're just hosting the event while the award show is for all shows/networks.
Doesn't mean Fox can't use their power/influence on who gets the awards, altough they would look like fools if the results are very visibly and awkwardly manipulated to include only Fox shows and Fox 'stars'.
Letting e.g. Chord win his category and pretend it was an honest fanvoted victory would have been a clear example of "Yeah,... I don't think so".  fanny2  And letting Darren win his category over the immense popular Teen Wolf actor Tyler Hoechlin would also have been fishy.

BTW: it's possible they gave Lea her award on the red carpet this year because last year there was this big (controversial?) spectacle around her acceptance speech due to Cory's death.
She got so much focus last year that they might have chosen to let others in the spotlights this time, without stirring (sad) things up again.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 8/11/2014, 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong Tyler ;))
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 8/11/2014, 5:45 pm

Or, maybe Lea didn't want to stay for the event inside.  She could accept her award on the red carpet, do some press and then go home....
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/11/2014, 6:44 pm

Lea was a presenter this year during the televised event, no? She is popular enough to get a fan voted win one would think.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/11/2014, 9:40 pm

The problem with the TCA rules is that we have no way of knowing if Lea got the award due to fan votes, or because she was selected. It's the primary reason that this "award" is really meaningless.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next