Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

+28
tophercolfer
Divalicious
mindschemez
Sunshine 2012
angelnessa
Delight
Catt24
brisallie
TimF
Ireth
bayth
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Ranwing
M&M
sjonnepon
Vir Cotto
Kurt addict
Glorfindel
Buenos
ChrisColfersLightning
Lottie2303
Georgette888
fantastica
ChrisColferFan1
coxfire
ColferInspired
sheny
32 posters

Page 31 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 31 Empty Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  ColferInspired 1/18/2016, 1:14 am

This looks hopeful...

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 31 Tumblr_inline_o14moxVZ511rorrtw_540
LINK
STUDIOCANAL

They have released some amazing movies such as Carol.

X
StudioCanal (a.k.a. Le Studio Canal+, Canal Plus, Canal+ Distribution, Canal+ Production, and Canal+ Image) is a French-based production (as StudioCanal S.A.) and distribution (as StudioCanal Images S.A.) company that owns the third-largest film library in the world. The company is a unit of the Canal+ Group, owned by Vivendi. X

They’re headquartered in Paris, France and they produce and distribute films in France, Germany, UK, Australia, New Zealand, as well as internationally, including the USA. X

Updated on January 6, 2016
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 31 Empty Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  Kurt addict 1/18/2016, 3:14 am

Did anyone else notice? David Tennet!
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 1/18/2016, 3:31 am

Kurt addict wrote:Did anyone else notice? David Tennet!

Saw that! I told my son, who is the biggest 10 year-old Dr. Who fan in the galaxy and a TLOS fan as well, that Chris might be working with David Tennant. He was super impressed Smile .

StudioCanal backing this now is big, if it's true. It will probably be worth the wait if they are partnering up with BGood Pictures to make this movie. I hope it happens.
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/18/2016, 4:12 am

I failed to notice David Tennant.

This cast is full of big names already.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/18/2016, 4:51 am

They keep saying that other names would be added to the Noel cast, if it's David Tennant I'm more than good.

Razz Razz

At this pont why would Studio Canal be posting a release date so keeping my fingers crossed for an announcement any day now.

Last edited by Buenos on 1/18/2016, 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/18/2016, 6:12 am

This is good news indeed. neutre 
It seems like the producers of 'Noel' found new finances.

And David Tennant..... panik 
The cast list so far is amazing.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/18/2016, 6:32 am

Hopefully this is a concrete sign that our patience is finally being rewarded. This will be wonderful for Chris, and the cast is basically a who's who of great British actors.

Besides being an amazing opportunity for Chris to be the lead in such an amazing project, it's going to be fantastic for him to work with such a remarkable cast. He's still a young actor, so there's a lot that he can learn from these older performers. Especially Sir Ian and Stephen Fry about navigating his career as a gay man.

Tentatively excited... hiphopa
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 1/18/2016, 2:20 pm

I hope this means the movie will start filming very very soon, And the long long wait will be worth it.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon 1/18/2016, 3:52 pm

David Tennant and Chris together in a movie
I'm getting really excited for this movie! Even more than i allready was hola
sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/18/2016, 6:22 pm

this is nuts! i am going totally nuts over this!

nuts nuts nuts nuts nuts! hola
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 1/18/2016, 6:23 pm

It would be logical to aim for a spring shoot. Lets be cautiously optimistic. Yay! Razz
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/19/2016, 2:00 am

It’s a film about Noel Coward as a young man and I shall play Charles Hawtrey who was a successful actor who taught the young Noel how to laugh, to fake a laugh and other things too.

Sir Ian Mckellen on where he fits in to the forthcoming Noel Coward biopic (x)
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/10/2016, 10:19 pm

We finally have an official title for the film. panik

Since My Life Began
Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 31 Noel-top-portfolio

Synopsis

Noel explores how the world famous Noel Coward (Brief Encounter, Easy Virtue, Private Lives, Blithe Spirit, Hay Fever) became the Great British icon of wit and sophistication despite his humble beginnings.

Cast And Crew

Director: Joe Stephenson
Writer: Martin Sherman
Producers:  Jane Wright, Mark Birmingham

Starring

•Sir Ian McKellen (Lord of the Rings)
•Chris Colfer  (Glee)
• Vanessa Redgrave  (The Butler)
•Jonathan Pryce  (GI Joe: Retaliation)
• Cilia Imry  (The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel)
• Janet McTeer (The Woman In Black)
•  Stephen Fry (Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows)

source
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 2/10/2016, 10:33 pm

Hopefully,filming will start soon.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/11/2016, 12:15 pm

I don't see David Tennant listed in this update, however Janet Mcteer is a fabulous actress, one of my faves, and I'm hoping she's portraying Chris (Noel's) mother in the movie.

As others have voiced, I just want a starting date for production at this point.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/20/2016, 9:26 pm

Going this Tuesday to the SF premiere of the British Films festival's screening of "Chicken" by the Noel director Joe A Stephenson. Hopefully in the Q & A afterwards we'll get some details as to when "Since my Life began" will start production.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/21/2016, 2:28 am

^ looking forward to your report!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/22/2016, 12:21 pm

me too. it's been so silent here lately. although given what has chris been through this past month, it's no wonder there have been no news or major activity.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/24/2016, 12:02 am

Mixed news:  

Noel Film is still on, but will be filmed AFTER Joe Stephenson films a documentary on Ian McKellen.  Scheduled to film in latter half of year.  

Talked to him briefly, really a lovely young man.

Full report later!
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/24/2016, 3:28 am

First of all I was late (quelle surprise  ) but the Vogue theatre has horrendous public parking, I mean Sacramento street parking is nonexistent as it is.

15 minutes into the movie and yet I was suitably impressed, I can't believe this is his (Joe         A Stephenson's)  first directorial effort.  

After the movie the Q/A, and Joe had some interesting insights about the genesis of "Chicken" .

He is 31 but  I swear in person he looks 21, plus wearing a "Friends" T-shirt and a baseball cap doesn't help...LOL.

When he was asked by the moderator about Noel (SMLB)he mentioned specifically that it was now going to be his THIRD movie (or did the moderator mention that) .  The Moderator already seemed to know he was filming next the Ian McKellen documentary about Ian's storied life and career.

Joe started rattling off the stellar cast for SMLB still including Vanessa Redgrave, Ian CKellen, Jonathan Pryce ( Yaaay!!!) Steven Fry , etc and my heart sank because he didn't mention Chris by name and if course I thought the worst possible outcome (he's beeing replaced!)  Then someone asked " but whose Noel Coward" ?  And he replied, " Oh Chris Colfer from Glee".  He specifically mentioned that backing fell through the first time but that after filming the McKellen doc SMLB would film in the later half of the year.

It sounded from him as a fait-accompli but of course we still have to wait and see.

Lovely young man, I chatted briefly with him and he seemed pleased when I said I never would have guessed Chicken had been a play, it seemed such an organic film experience.

I'll post some photos shortly.

Last edited by Buenos on 2/24/2016, 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/24/2016, 5:33 am

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 31 Tumblr_o31qr1yxHs1ritvfvo2_1280
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/24/2016, 7:12 am

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 31 Tumblr_o31qr1yxHs1ritvfvo1_1280

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 31 Tumblr_o31qr1yxHs1ritvfvo3_1280

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 31 Tumblr_o31qr1yxHs1ritvfvo4_1280

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/24/2016, 1:34 pm

Thank you darling. That boy looks so young! (yes to me he's definitely a "boy"). Good to know he's a very capable director. So the Noel movie will be filmed in the later half of the year? or will it be filmed after the IM documentary which will be filmed in the later half of the year? in other words, which one is being filmed in the later half of the year? the IM doc or Noel?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/24/2016, 2:30 pm

He is directing/producing the Ian McKellen documentary first, and the Noel bio in the second half of the year; I'm speculating either fall or winter.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/24/2016, 3:59 pm

Thanks for the information!

The Noel biopic being pushed back to the latter half of the year is kind of a bummer, but on the other hand now we have good confirmation from the director himself that at least the movie is still in the works (and that Chris is still playing Noel). neutre 

Lol, in that first picture Joe looks like he's not even old enough to legally drink alcohol (by British law, which is 18). He and Chris will both have to carry an identity card whenever they want to visit a pub together for a beer after work. Smile
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next