Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

+28
tophercolfer
Divalicious
mindschemez
Sunshine 2012
angelnessa
Delight
Catt24
brisallie
TimF
Ireth
bayth
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Ranwing
M&M
sjonnepon
Vir Cotto
Kurt addict
Glorfindel
Buenos
ChrisColfersLightning
Lottie2303
Georgette888
fantastica
ChrisColferFan1
coxfire
ColferInspired
sheny
32 posters

Page 17 of 33 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next

Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 17 Empty Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  Ranwing 10/4/2014, 12:59 pm

So happy! We got our first song spoiler thanks to Joe Stephenson's Tweet.

This is a great song and I cannot wait to hear Chris sing this. I couldn't find a recording of Noel singing it, but I did find a scene from the film Star where it's performed by Daniel Massey (as Noel Coward).

Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 17 Empty Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  Glorfindel 10/4/2014, 8:09 pm

^That song is very interesting, and right up Chris' alley. neutre 

Oh, I can't wait to hear Chris sing in such a significant style.
It will be glorious.  danse3
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/4/2014, 8:10 pm

^ would you kindly analyze the songs when the movie comes out? it would be glorious, for us. neutre
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/4/2014, 11:58 pm

This is really going to be an interesting challenge for Chris, not just as an actor, but as a singer. On Glee, he was singing in his own vocal style. But here he is going to have to sing in the same style that Coward developed, which is very distinctive. But he can't just mimic Coward. He's got to infuse his own flavor into the performances so they don't feel flat. That would be daunting for any actor, let alone one as young as Chris.

But I think that Chris is capable of rising to the challenge. We've seen so often his ability to act during his vocal performances and give them an emotional heft that few others in the cast are capable of.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/5/2014, 4:10 pm

^Exactly.  Smile

fantastica wrote:^ would you kindly analyze the songs when the movie comes out? it would be glorious, for us. neutre
It will be my pleasure. fanny2

(And thanks, Wendy, for finding that youtube video of 'The Forbidden Fruit'. I shall certainly use it for the review. iagree )
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/15/2014, 7:28 pm

From the official website of Noel:

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 17 Tumblr_ndhx5p7P8e1r5ewzdo1_500
The untold story of how a boy called Noel Coward became a legendary playwright, charting his early life and the people that shaped the man and his work. Written by Martin Sherman (Bent, Mrs Henderson Presents) developed with assistance from the British Film Institute, in full cooperation with the Noel Coward Estate.

Starring 
Chris Colfer as Noel Coward

Sir Ian McKellen, Vanessa Redgrave & Jonathan Pryce also star, with more cast announcing soon.

More details soon
www.bgoodpicturecompany.com/untitled-noel-coward-biopic
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/15/2014, 7:56 pm

that "poster" looks very creative. i have trust in this creative team.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/15/2014, 8:11 pm

Sir Ian McKellen, Vanessa Redgrave & Jonathan Pryce also star,

Wow to see it in writing!
With those 3 Chris has six degrees of Kevin Bacon with the whole frigging british acting community. ptdr
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 10/15/2014, 8:17 pm

This is so exciting! Joe Stephenson said the rest of the cast would be announced "soon", and that was several weeks ago, so hopefully now it's "really soon" Smile .

angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/19/2014, 5:41 pm

Maybe research for the Noel movie?

For Joe Stephenson twitter:

Joe Stephenson retweeted
Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 17 VZm0eh-e_normal Old Pics Archive @oldpicsarchive  ·  6h 6 hours ago
class system, London, 1920s

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 17 B0UOnViIgAA3pQv
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/25/2014, 10:52 pm

https://twitter.com/chicken_film

4 Your Excitement  @4_Y_E    ·     Oct 23
.@chicken_film Sir Ian McKellen Gives High Praise to 'Chicken' Actor http://www.4ye.co.uk/hbcSv 

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 17 Teaser-poster

Obviously Ian McKellen was impressed with Director Joe Stephenson's first movie "Chicken", which no doubt helped him decide to commit to this movie.

I cannot express how excited I am that Chris is working with an exciting young director with so much promise.

Is it March yet??
bounce bounce bounce
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/27/2014, 2:44 pm

Joe Stephenson Twitter:

I've just spent some time with Noel Coward's private photo albums. So much joy.
9:31am - 27 Oct 14
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/28/2014, 2:43 am

Buenos wrote:Joe Stephenson Twitter:

I've just spent some time with Noel Coward's private photo albums. So much joy.
9:31am - 27 Oct 14

I can see this movie is going to be done with a lot of love. wub
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 10/28/2014, 9:41 pm

I'll be very happy when we get to see Chris inhabiting this person's character. I hope they have him in the white tails as a young person. We know Chris is excellent at looking 15, and then older.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/14/2014, 2:59 pm

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 17 Tumblr_nf1erl6xEM1rwi7xbo1_1280

Whatever those "Oooo"s mean: it must be something good. Smile

(There's a light at the end of the tunnel: Glee will be over soon, and then Chris will move on to better things.)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 11/14/2014, 5:06 pm

With the Robodog debacle, I am so anxious for Glee to wrap so we can see Chris on set for Noel. Cant wait!

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/14/2014, 5:16 pm

I love the Noel Director's enthusiasm.

The good thing for Chris is that if he films around London there will be many shots of him in Merry ole England. Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/18/2014, 2:23 pm

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 17 Tumblr_nf8q5sa7zV1qc4ojbo1_1280

Can I hope and pray for more casting news? miamiam

Last edited by Buenos on 11/18/2014, 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 11/18/2014, 2:28 pm

With all the Glee (and possibly Robodog) gloom and doom, Joe's continued excitement for this project makes me happy neutre .
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/18/2014, 3:23 pm

I really like that guy's sense of humor. Razz 

Hopefully exciting casting news? Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 17 Prayer-hands-smiley-emoticon
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 11/28/2014, 9:03 pm

In just a few months - we'll be watching and discussing Noel as it's filmed. (I'm hopeful that the director and actor will be using social media to the max. tonguue )

I wanted to get a better feel for Noel Coward and it just so happens that the repertory theatre in Portland is doing 'Blithe Spirit' over the next few weeks. I bought tickets for the performance on the 28th of December. It looks like a fun play.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/29/2014, 3:39 am

bayth wrote:In just a few months - we'll be watching and discussing Noel as it's filmed. (I'm hopeful that the director and actor will be using social media to the max. tonguue )

I wanted to get a better feel for Noel Coward and it just so happens that the repertory theatre in Portland is doing 'Blithe Spirit' over the next few weeks. I bought tickets for the performance on the 28th of December. It looks like a fun play.

I saw the movie when I was a kid on television.

It was one of my favourites. neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/29/2014, 5:56 am

I mostly know Noel Coward through his songs/songwriting. So I'm really looking forward to any songs Chris or other actors will sing in the movie.

Never saw one of his plays (as they are not that well known and/or performed much in the Netherlands: our country tends to stick to its own products/writers first, so maybe that's also why only TloS1 is translated in Dutch and SBL never even was released here).
But I plan to go look for some of Noel Coward's work online after the holidays (and after Glee is ove).

From what I read about Noel it seems he had such a very talented, witty and creative mind. (and lol, no wonder they came to Chris with this biopic: similarities galore)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/3/2014, 6:38 pm

"It’s going to surprise people, I think. We focus on Noel Coward’s early life; looking at how he found himself as an artist, the people who influenced him the most early on, and how he came to create a public persona so successful that people today think that was actually who he was. Everything people think of when they think of Noel today was designed by him, even the way he spoke was a creation of his. I start shooting next Spring on this, Chris Colfer (Glee) is my young Noel, and he’s joined by Vanessa Redgrave, Sir Ian McKellen and Jonathan Pryce. And more I can’t tell you about yet."
Joe Stephenson in response to “What can you tell us about [the Noël Coward biopic]?” (via noel-coward)

I'm getting more and more excited about this project. panik

It will be so interesting to watch Chris act as a young Noel Coward who deliberately changed his image and speech: we'll get Chris playing 2 different characters for the price of one, so to speak. neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/3/2014, 6:56 pm

And something about the composer of the soundtrack:
In addition to this a much bigger and more high profile commission that he has received recently has been to compose his first ever film soundtrack for the first ever biopic of Noël Coward which will star Ian McKellen, Vanessa Redgrave, Jonathan Pryce and Chris Colfer of ‘Glee’ fame. Not only is this project something that has the potential to expose him to a much larger and wider audience than ever before but is also a project that is very close to his heart. 
"I have full musical direction and I’m meant to compose the whole soundtrack. To research his life has been interesting especially as we grew up in the same part of South London. I was at my studio when I got the script and it’s all in the same place and it’s insane!"
An interview with Patrick Wolf   (tumblr source)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 33 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next