Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread

+15
Buenos
sheny
Glorfindel
valkeakuulas
TimF
ColferInspired
YaoiChick
AnneNeville
ladydianab
Divalicious
brisallie
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
19 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap27%5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]
5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap18%5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap27%5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 11

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Empty Re: 5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Glorfindel 4/23/2014, 8:36 am

This was so funny:

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_n4gnxiqaRI1s57bimo3_250

ptdr
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Empty Re: 5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 4/23/2014, 9:42 am

Glorfindel wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:I don't know if this is leading to something with Blaine or not.
To be honest I think y'all reading way too much into this. Blaine took the number from Tina because she mistakenly thought he was straight, and then he went into the bathroom, that's all.

The thing about Blaine and the number is that they changed the shot to show Blaine going into the bathroom. It was very deliberate that they showed Blaine walking into the bathroom. There was really no need for him to walk into the bathroom, and there was no need to show it. It was an odd bit of editing if it wasn't intentional.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/23/2014, 10:13 am

For one, why did he need to take the number from her as he already said the DJ is gay?

Why didn't he throw it in a bin?

Why did he suddenly go into the bathroom, then come out with a big grin on his face?

And why show it this way if there was no need for it?

They could have just had Blaine going to the bathroom, but he went with the paper with the number on it in his hand.

Don't most scenes have a purpose, unless it is background?

Wouldn't this have been written in the script?

If this was not to be of any importance, why not edit it out?

It is already having fans saying that Blaine is cheating again.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/23/2014, 10:26 am

Jellyrolls wrote:The thing about Blaine and the number is that they changed the shot to show Blaine going into the bathroom.  It was very deliberate that they showed Blaine walking into the bathroom.  There was really no need for him to walk into the bathroom, and there was no need to show it.  It was an odd bit of editing if it wasn't intentional.  
I thought they only had him going into the bathroom because that way when he came back he would be nicely standing right behind Sue in the frame (anything to get Blaine prominently on the screen, right?), and also because of the comic delayed WTF reaction he had since he missed the first minute of that confrontation.  Razz

But who knows with Glee?  saispa 
Although I really doubt they would Blaine be so sneaky and cheat like that again, as it would permanently destroy his character. Unless they really want to throw Darren off the show, and seeing he's been tweeting during the episode twice now I don't think that's the case.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/23/2014, 10:33 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:The thing about Blaine and the number is that they changed the shot to show Blaine going into the bathroom.  It was very deliberate that they showed Blaine walking into the bathroom.  There was really no need for him to walk into the bathroom, and there was no need to show it.  It was an odd bit of editing if it wasn't intentional.  
I thought they only had him going into the bathroom because that way when he came back he would be nicely standing right behind Sue in the frame (anything to get Blaine prominently on the screen, right?), and also because of the comic delayed WTF reaction he had since he missed the first minute of that confrontation.  Razz

Although I really doubt they would Blaine be so sneaky and cheat like that again, as it would permanently destroy his character. Unless they really want to throw Darren off the show, and seeing he's been tweeting during the episode twice now I don't think that's the case.

The Klainers would once again forgive him and blame Kurt. So, it would not destroy him in the slightest.

Ryan would not let them get rid of Darren. No way would he be off the show.

But then like you said who knows with this show why the show some things?
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/23/2014, 11:06 am

Kurt edit: link.

Someone stripped down 'Pumping Blood', and it turns out Chris (and Darren too) is singing some back-up on it, although it's not audible on the regular version: link.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/23/2014, 11:33 am

ColferInspired wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

The Klainers would once again forgive him and blame Kurt. So, it would not destroy him in the slightest.

Ryan would not let them get rid of Darren. No way would he be off the show.

But then like you said who knows with this show why the show some things?

Exactly because it's Glee that scene meant nothing IMO. They needed Blaine to get out of the bathroom in the middle of Rachel and Sue's fight and the fact that he went there right after taking the number from Tina was just bad timing.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/23/2014, 11:35 am

banzai ^Exactly.

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_n4grnkOf1l1r9d33co6_500

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_n4grnkOf1l1r9d33co4_500

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_n4grnkOf1l1r9d33co1_500

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_n4grnkOf1l1r9d33co5_500

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_n4grnkOf1l1r9d33co7_500
x

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_n4hf2yLCgx1qgrxsfo1_r2_500
x

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_n4h1dhnopH1qgrxsfo1_250  5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_n4h1dhnopH1qgrxsfo2_250
x

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_n4gxdvy81e1rky01ho1_250  5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_n4gxdvy81e1rky01ho2_r1_250
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/23/2014, 1:12 pm

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_n4h1dhnopH1qgrxsfo1_250
5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_n4go8tQmHG1sqqzcso4_250
5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_n4go8tQmHG1sqqzcso3_250

Wow our Baby is a gay bar superstar...
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/23/2014, 1:15 pm

Buenos wrote:5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_n4h1dhnopH1qgrxsfo1_250
5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_n4go8tQmHG1sqqzcso4_250
5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_n4go8tQmHG1sqqzcso3_250

He can have his pick of any of the hot guys at the club. So why is he tying himself to the dwarf-sized oil slick (who was noticeably left out of the grope fest that Kurt was enjoying).
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/23/2014, 1:18 pm

Opps... apparently the Rachel Berry show is proving to be as popular with the audience as Blee is.

“Glee” Ratings Return to Series Low for “Opening Night”

For the third consecutive week, FOX’s “Glee” performed at a series low level in the overnights.

Despite the build around Rachel Berry’s “Opening Night” on Broadway, Tuesday’s episode once again mustered a 2.0 overnight household rating. While there is no guarantee the episode’s adults 18-49 rating will match that delivered by last week’s episode, there is definitely no reason to believe it increased more than slightly.

Three episodes remain in the current season of “Glee,” which has seen the show effectively fall off the weekly ratings map.
source
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  TimF 4/23/2014, 1:23 pm

Glorfindel wrote:banzai ^Exactly.

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_n4grnkOf1l1r9d33co6_500

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_n4grnkOf1l1r9d33co4_500

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_n4grnkOf1l1r9d33co1_500

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_n4grnkOf1l1r9d33co5_500

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_n4grnkOf1l1r9d33co7_500
x

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_n4hf2yLCgx1qgrxsfo1_r2_500
x

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_n4h1dhnopH1qgrxsfo1_250  5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_n4h1dhnopH1qgrxsfo2_250
x

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_n4gxdvy81e1rky01ho1_250  5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_n4gxdvy81e1rky01ho2_r1_250
x

I totally skipped this episode in favor of doing my Zombie run, which I will be doing in Blee's time slot from now on, barring episode 19 of course, but I love all these pretty gifs.  Gay bar superstar indeed. wub   ded
TimF
TimF
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/23/2014, 1:24 pm

i didn't watch last night's espisode at all. can someone tell me what the gay bar scene is about? why, what and how etc. Thanks!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/23/2014, 2:03 pm

fantastica wrote:i didn't watch last night's espisode at all. can someone tell me what the gay bar scene is about? why, what and how etc. Thanks!

Rachel decided not to attend the after party with the cast (even though the producer invited her to bring her friends along) and they went to the bar (that somehow Blaine seemed to know about) to party on their own. Upon arriving, the club made a huge deal over the "star" Rachel Berry gracing their establishment, she was asked to sing and we ended up with lots of images of Kurt being the gay bar superstar.

I still find it so odd that Rachel would reject going to the show after party and this is getting me to thinking that Rachel quitting NYADA when she did is going to have some pretty significant repercussions. Going to a school like that is partly about learning technique and stage craft, but it's also about learning to handle the business side of being an actor. Learning how to conduct yourself and behavior that is expected and how to handle the pressures of being a working actor. Maybe things like dealing with poor critiques, how to handle finances (because once a show closes, those fat paychecks stop and you have to survive on your savings until a new part comes along).

Not attending the after party is another episode of Rachel just showing that she doesn't know how to behave as a professional. It's rude to her cast mates and the production crew (who hired her). It's a missed chance to network (which can help her in getting work in the future) and it just keeps showing that Rachel has no real interest in the show beyond how it benefits her. I cannot imagine that Rachel is particularly liked by the rest of the cast as she ran off her understudy and doesn't seem to interact with any of them beyond what they can do for her. Rachel might have some good will at the moment because of the great reviews she received, but it's really easy to burn through that with a misstep and she's losing the chance to really get the cast and crew on her side to weather the rough times that are almost certain to come once she's no longer the new bright star on Broadway.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 4/23/2014, 2:23 pm

I just realized that the producer didn't have any reaction to seeing Santana again after she suddenly quit as Rachel's understudy. And he had metioned the problems she caused in 5.14 so he was supposed to be upset.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/23/2014, 2:58 pm

Ranwing wrote:
fantastica wrote:i didn't watch last night's espisode at all. can someone tell me what the gay bar scene is about? why, what and how etc. Thanks!

Rachel decided not to attend the after party with the cast (even though the producer invited her to bring her friends along) and they went to the bar (that somehow Blaine seemed to know about) to party on their own. Upon arriving, the club made a huge deal over the "star" Rachel Berry gracing their establishment, she was asked to sing and we ended up with lots of images of Kurt being the gay bar superstar.

I still find it so odd that Rachel would reject going to the show after party and this is getting me to thinking that Rachel quitting NYADA when she did is going to have some pretty significant repercussions. Going to a school like that is partly about learning technique and stage craft, but it's also about learning to handle the business side of being an actor. Learning how to conduct yourself and behavior that is expected and how to handle the pressures of being a working actor. Maybe things like dealing with poor critiques, how to handle finances (because once a show closes, those fat paychecks stop and you have to survive on your savings until a new part comes along).

Not attending the after party is another episode of Rachel just showing that she doesn't know how to behave as a professional. It's rude to her cast mates and the production crew (who hired her). It's a missed chance to network (which can help her in getting work in the future) and it just keeps showing that Rachel has no real interest in the show beyond how it benefits her. I cannot imagine that Rachel is particularly liked by the rest of the cast as she ran off her understudy and doesn't seem to interact with any of them beyond what they can do for her. Rachel might have some good will at the moment because of the great reviews she received, but it's really easy to burn through that with a misstep and she's losing the chance to really get the cast and crew on her side to weather the rough times that are almost certain to come once she's no longer the new bright star on Broadway.

thanks dear. rachel doesn't sound very social w/ her cast, does she? that's not good at all. oh well, it's glee. whatever it wants to do. no need to explain anything.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/23/2014, 3:01 pm

Ireth wrote:I just realized that the producer didn't have any reaction to seeing Santana again after she suddenly quit as Rachel's understudy. And he had metioned the problems she caused in 5.14 so he was supposed to be upset.
Ha, right. That's Glee's continuity for ya.  Rolling Eyes 

Not exactly episode related, but.....
Looking at the totally at ease with each other body language between Kurt and Santana I think that whatever is happening BTS did not influence the friendly (work)relationship between Chris and Naya.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/23/2014, 3:22 pm

Since Naya and Chris seem to have a good working relationship with all their fellow actors , it's like saying the water is wet. Naya and Lea, for example, seem to have good chemistry. I can't think of any of the Glee actors having negative body language with each other, quite frankly.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/23/2014, 4:54 pm

^Which is totally missing the point I was making.  Rolling Eyes 

The ratings:

FOX Glee 0.9 3 2.49

Ouch.  arghh 

Only 'City of Angels' had worse ratings this season (0.9 / 2.34).
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/23/2014, 5:15 pm

^ that's indeed painful. well, consider that i totally ignored it when it aired...
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/23/2014, 6:35 pm

fantastica wrote:^ that's indeed painful. well, consider that i totally ignored it when it aired...
me too. still haven't watched. i wonder should i even bother.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/23/2014, 6:38 pm

[quote="Glorfindel"]^Which is totally missing the point I was making.  Rolling Eyes 

Got the point, sweetie... Rolling Eyes 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/23/2014, 8:13 pm

Glorfindel wrote:

Kurtana moment. I've to confess I sang along with them while this scene  Razz 

I read you long post regarding the episode, but at this moment I'm slighly tired to analize everything, but something that I've wondering if is due to the budget  why Ioan Gruffud and Peter Facinelli didn't comeback. So that why we don't have scenes of Paolo, that was his name right, and we have a new producer.

Buenos wrote:

Love this gif, is like 'I'm the best bitches'. Is great to see how he has blossomed into this confident man, who yeah could have had the man he wanted...and even girl apparently? I need to rewatch this scene, you have confused guys, I don't know if was a girl-girl or girl-boy
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/24/2014, 12:33 am

ivana, don't bother. these gifs are all we need.  neutre 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 4/24/2014, 2:27 am

Did not watch either, Glee comes on 2 hours later after it first airs where I live and tumblr showed me what a bore Glee would be so I did not watch, and the songs had me snoring anyways, so yeah, not impressed at all. Glee used to be so great now everything is stale. And how sad, an whole episode dedicated to glees main 'Star' got the second lowest ratings AND album sales, smh I a embarrassed tbh, especially since Ryan wants to revive Funny Girl yet no one had interest to watch his mini tv episode of Rachel's big break!
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next