Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread

+15
Buenos
sheny
Glorfindel
valkeakuulas
TimF
ColferInspired
YaoiChick
AnneNeville
ladydianab
Divalicious
brisallie
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
19 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap27%5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]
5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap18%5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap27%5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 11

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Ranwing 4/22/2014, 9:55 pm

So basically this was an hour long Rachel tongue bath. Right?
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  AnneNeville 4/22/2014, 9:55 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Blaine sure grabbed the number of the DJ really fast, and then went into the bathroom.  Bet Blaine's calling the DJ now.

Really? Blaine took a guy's number?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/22/2014, 9:58 pm

Ranwing wrote:So basically this was an hour long Rachel tongue bath. Right?

Yep. Mixed with Sue and his new LI, or one night stand.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/22/2014, 9:59 pm

Rachel was a hit. The reviewer flailed over her the way Ryan flails over Blarren.

Will has a boy named Daniel Finn Schuester.

So Kevin tweeted for the Glee along for an episode that he wasn't even in.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/22/2014, 9:59 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:Blaine sure grabbed the number of the DJ really fast, and then went into the bathroom.  Bet Blaine's calling the DJ now.

If true he had no right, even more so then earlier to confront Elliot the way he did.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/22/2014, 10:00 pm

AnneNeville wrote:

Tina got it, and Blaine said, "I told you he was gay" or something like that. He took the number from her, and went into the bathroom.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/22/2014, 10:01 pm

Saw the promo for next week. Looks just as gross. If I don't have to swallow Special Snowflake Rachel, I get Even More Special Snowflake Grease Stain.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/22/2014, 10:06 pm

Will not be watching live next Tuesday. I will not even be DVRing it to watch later.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  YaoiChick 4/22/2014, 10:08 pm

The only thing that interested me this episode was that Kurt still sleeps with Bruce.
YaoiChick
YaoiChick
Llama
Llama

http://ukeobsessed.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/22/2014, 10:12 pm

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_n4gkx8aOgM1s7uvlko1_500
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/22/2014, 10:12 pm

YaoiChick wrote:The only thing that interested me this episode was that Kurt still sleeps with Bruce.
Have not seen the episode yet. not sure when I will. It may be days or weeks. But  Kurt still sleeping with Bruce , may  just be the best   thing about this episode.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/22/2014, 10:17 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_n4gkx8aOgM1s7uvlko1_500

Haha when you have your tie on your head, yeah you're having lot of fun.

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Bl3jSu7IUAAhwgz

Who is the one touching Kurt? Who wore something read?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/22/2014, 10:17 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
Is it actually opening night? Because the top critics don't come to opening night. They come to the previews beforehand so they can have their review all written.

Yes, it was set on opening night.

AnneNeville wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:Would friends actually be able to get backstage like that in the middle of the show?

I'm not watching, but no--friends would probably not be welcome backstage during the show. I guess that they could, if they know their way around the theatre, go back there . . . but it wouldn't be appreciated. I had some actors who had a guest who stayed in their dressing room during the performance. I also child-wrangled, and the 10 year old's mother was not welcome to come backstage any time she wanted. She could go as far as the stairwell connected to backstage (and her kid could visit her there), but she was not supposed to go any farther.

Kurt and Mercedes went to Rachel's dressing room at intermission.

I briefly wound up backstage at a performance of Rent on Broadway during intermission because I had to drop off a note to a cast member friend of mine. Ran into another cast member friend just outside the backstage door smoking quite by accident, but just said a quick hello so as not to disturb him.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/22/2014, 10:18 pm

brisallie wrote:5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Bl3jSu7IUAAhwgz

If memory serves me correctly, it was Mercedes.

ETA:  Memory was wrong. It was a stranger. Lucky lady.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  YaoiChick 4/22/2014, 10:25 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
brisallie wrote:5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Bl3jSu7IUAAhwgz

ETA:  Memory was wrong.

I think its Rachel.
YaoiChick
YaoiChick
Llama
Llama

http://ukeobsessed.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/22/2014, 10:28 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
Is it actually opening night? Because the top critics don't come to opening night. They come to the previews beforehand so they can have their review all written.

Yes, it was set on opening night.  

AnneNeville wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:Would friends actually be able to get backstage like that in the middle of the show?

I'm not watching, but no--friends would probably not be welcome backstage during the show. I guess that they could, if they know their way around the theatre, go back there . . . but it wouldn't be appreciated. I had some actors who had a guest who stayed in their dressing room during the performance. I also child-wrangled, and the 10 year old's mother was not welcome to come backstage any time she wanted. She could go as far as the stairwell connected to backstage (and her kid could visit her there), but she was not supposed to go any farther.

Kurt and Mercedes went to Rachel's dressing room at intermission.

I briefly wound up backstage at a performance of Rent on Broadway during intermission because I had to drop off a note to a cast member friend of mine.  Ran into another cast member friend just outside the backstage door smoking quite by accident, but just said a quick hello so as not to disturb him.  

If they were in the dressing room rather than other areas backstage, then there is a bit more possibility that this could happen. I don't think it is very likely, though, early in the run.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/22/2014, 10:32 pm

YaoiChick wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:

I think its Rachel.

I went back and looked, and it's definitely a stranger. And Kurt's hand is one some guy's leg.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/22/2014, 10:33 pm

Point of note - the on-line editions of all NYC newspapers are available shortly after midnight so there's no need for anyone to go trooping down to the newsstand to pick up a copy. They could had the reviews as soon as they got back to the loft.

I breezed through a lot of the ep because it was just so... dull. For a storyline that should be the absolute climax of Rachel's story, it was very anticlimactic. Maybe had they actually allowed her to struggle a bit to reach her goal it would have worked better, but I just couldn't feel any excitement or emotional investment in this. It was rote and mundane and so predictable. Even if you hadn't read any of the spoilers, there was no question that Rachel would be a hit. It was going through the motions.

And I found it absurd at how basically every character appearing, including several making guest appearance and barely had any real interactions with Rachel, were trotted out just to keep beating us over the head with how very special Rachel is. After season one, I can barely remember Sue even mentioning Rachel by name, but Sue made her high school experience a living hell? Well, since Rachel only saw ND as an extension of herself I supposed I can understand why she would see it that way but it was little more than hyperbole. And Max... great to see him (and damn, did he look good) but why he was in Rachel's nightmare since his real interactions on the show was with Kurt is beyond me. He was wasted here.

Can someone please explain to me why everyone on the show seems to have made it their personal mission to ensure that Rachel succeed at all times?
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/22/2014, 10:34 pm

I think this is about as close as Glee will get to the orgy that tanita_mors has been dreaming of:

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_n4gm6m1E8c1qfcdl6o1_500

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_n4gm6m1E8c1qfcdl6o2_500
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/22/2014, 10:36 pm

Kurlow forever!

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_n4gmf6FSKt1qdsjzio2_250
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/22/2014, 10:37 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Kurlow forever!

5x17 "Opening Night" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_n4gmf6FSKt1qdsjzio2_250

Agree 100%.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/22/2014, 10:38 pm

Ranwing wrote:Point of note - the on-line editions of all NYC newspapers are available shortly after midnight so there's no need for anyone to go trooping down to the newsstand to pick up a copy. They could had the reviews as soon as they got back to the loft.

Actually, many papers post their opening night reviews minutes after the curtain goes up opening night . . . and if not that soon, they tend to post them by the time final bows are taken. But absolutely you are right: there is no longer any long night waiting to find out what the major critics have to say.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/22/2014, 10:40 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
YaoiChick wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:

I think its Rachel.

I went back and looked, and it's definitely a stranger.  And Kurt's hand is one some guy's leg.

Thanks. This was like a foursome? The perverted in me is speaking, but I like he had his head on Santana's lap.

@Ranwing, apparently has turned into a custom that Rachel needs  to be reassured. I just feel like everytime she has her meltdowns, there's someone who has to come in and tell her "Hey remember how great you're".

Last edited by brisallie on 4/22/2014, 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/22/2014, 10:43 pm

Something no one needs to see at the Glee tweet along:

Spoiler:
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/22/2014, 10:44 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Something no one needs to see at the Glee tweet along:

Spoiler:

blinkk What is that and why? Was that on the show, or is that just something Darren and Jane (?) thought we'd like to see?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next