Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2x17 "A Night of Neglect" Watch & Discussion Thread

4 posters

Go down

2x17 "A Night of Neglect" Watch & Discussion Thread Empty 2x17 "A Night of Neglect" Watch & Discussion Thread

Post  Jellyrolls 3/11/2013, 9:49 pm

Episode descripton from the DVD:

Holly Holiday helps Will understand his true feelings, and also supports his fundraising efforts for the glee club. Naturally, this prompts Sue to assemble an unholy alliance in order to undermine all of the above.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

2x17 "A Night of Neglect" Watch & Discussion Thread Empty Re: 2x17 "A Night of Neglect" Watch & Discussion Thread

Post  Ranwing 3/11/2013, 9:56 pm

Aside from the amusement of watching wee little Blaine trying to take of Karofsky, and Santana riding to the rescue (that threat to crack the nut of Karofsky's choice is one of my favorite lines of Glee ever!) there wasn't a whole lot to recommend in this ep.

Do have remark that Kurt looked remarkably unconcerned at his petite hobbit BF trying to tackle Mt. Karofsky.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

2x17 "A Night of Neglect" Watch & Discussion Thread Empty Re: 2x17 "A Night of Neglect" Watch & Discussion Thread

Post  Jellyrolls 3/11/2013, 10:28 pm

So, I gotta suffer through night of neglect so I can get to the episode featuring my favorite TV moment ever. So here goes:

Will is so unoriginal. He can't come up with an original idea if his life depended it.

Glee sure likes to use the phrase "preditory gay."

Sue is so messed up with her hate for the Glee Club.

The continuity on the pizza is horrible in the scene with Will and Holly. Sometimes it's full, sometimes a slice is missing even before will started eating it.

Someone who's brilliance isn't appreciated, Will? Well, that would be Kurt.

Excuse me while I fast forward past All By Myself.

Wow. Nothing worth writing about five minutes after All By Myself.

Aww. Cute Kurt showing Blaine around school. I wish Dave knocked Blaine out. Darren shouldn't play angry.

It always bugged me that they made no one but the hecklers show up at the benefit. You can't tell me that Burt and Carole wouldn't be there to see Finn. And Rachel's dads?

Tina's song was weird. Oh, and she shouldn't cry.

Harry is a fun dancer.

Gosh, I'm drifting through this episodes. I forgot how bad i is, nd there's still about 15 minutes left to go.

You know, as much of a diva as Rachel is, I like that she can step back and be supportive and encourage others when she knows they need to be lifted up.

So, none of the parents who's kids were playing during "Turning Tables" could go to the benefit? Gwenyth has an OK voice, but it is not right for Turning Tables.

Excuse me while I fast forward through Mercedes song. Amber has a great voice, but all of her songs are the same to me.

Done.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 3/12/2013, 1:47 am

Dustin Goulsby was sorely wasted on this show, like a lot of male guest stars. Only the ladies get a lot of screen time. But of course, that was because they usually dated Schue, and dating was his only storyline outside of school life.

Songs by neglected artists, sung by neglected singers, only, not. Rachel's little world where she is a neglected artist. OOOKayy.

Pink dagger, wearing a red cap, teaching heckling. Fit so well. Thank goodness we aren't subjected to Jacob anymore.

Rachel not wanting Sunshine to sing, basically because she knows someone shorter than her actually has a big voice. Sunshine with her equally big ego. Too bad she wasn't a better actress, it would be nice for Rachel to have actual true competition. I think that is one of the reasons they didn't go more for a Rachel/Mercedes competition, sadly I don't think Amber could have really brought the angst.

Lauren's surprise at Mercedes taking a back seat to Rachel. I don't blame Mercedes for being tired of fighting Rachel, we didn't see Kurt win any fights either. I didn't like how petty they made Mercedes, but the idea of drying one's hands on puppy's was interesting, and not as sanitary as she is thinking.

Carl's gone, he was barely there, too bad, he had a great presence and fit in the Gleeverse nicely.

Rachel, now noticing that Mercedes' talent is being neglected, but only after confronted by Quinn and Finn.

Dustin coming onto Gwyneth was funny, but she was honest about seeing Will with Emma. He kissed her on the cheek, I think even then he knew things were over. Poor lady.

Kurt was cute showing Blaine around, when they thought the benefit was sold out, but gosh I can't remember her name, Gwyneth's character gave away Sunshine being part of the show, so suddenly they are basically the audience, other than the hecklers.

Too bad Tina wasn't given a chance to perform, she actually was doing more than just standing there belting. She shouldn't cry, it is true. I wanted to go punch all the hecklers, how mean. It is sad that they continued to not give her any spotlight, but after what they did to her this season, I kind of wish they left her where she was.

Mike's dancing is great, he has fun when he dances, something I really don't get from Britt. I get power from her, but they never really show her do something jazzy and fun.

Shaming the haters, it is very true that technology has allowed people to be brutally cruel with no consequences. We tear people down to build ourselves up, this is so true, we see it in this fandom, to be sure. They stopped jeering, but didn't cheer either. I remember when Jacob said he would be 18 in 3 years I was, you gotta be kidding me, we are stuck with him for 3 more years!!

Mercedes true moment to confront Rachel on why she gets the spotlight. Rachel acknowledging she would rather be a star than be liked, but she spends a lot of time trying to get her haters to like her.

Turning Tables was Holly's (thank goodness they introduced her for her song) goodbye to Will. They dressed her in black so she could disappear into the shadows at the end of the episode. That orchestra was filled with little munchkin's, well, other than Brad.

Mercedes got her moment to bring down the house, and we know she did, because Rachel said she did. Mercedes did look pretty in the last outfit.

Parent's, other than Burt and Carol, don't exist in season 2. Still it would be nice if they had a few people in the audience, and had a kid or two mention their Mom and Dad were in the audience, even if they didn't show them. It was nice for the orchestra and the choir to offer their services in this concert, because they pretty much only had 7 paying customers

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/12/2013, 4:30 pm

I loved when Santana stood up for Kurt and Blaine against Karofsky. I enjoyed her almost friendly smile when she said "It was more fun doing it together." LOL at Blaine being embarrassed at being "saved" by a girl.

I loved Turning Tables. I actually did not see the performance within the episode (I must've skipped over it). But when I heard the song on one of my Glee soundtracks, I swear, for the first 30 seconds or so...I thought it was Kurt singing the song!! I was like, "Wow! This is a really pretty song! Why is Kurt singing this? When did this happen?" LOL!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down