Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

+28
angelnessa
mindschemez
ChrisColfersLightning
Vir Cotto
AnneNeville
MoviesAreLife
opals
kac
M&M
brisallie
Jellyrolls
Kurt addict
coxfire
Glorfindel
Buenos
Delight
tanita_mors
Lottie2303
Georgette888
sheny
valkeakuulas
Ireth
fantastica
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Ranwing
Divalicious
bayth
32 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 20 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Lottie2303 4/22/2014, 7:46 am

Lets put aside my love for Chris: the critics, media, fans and general audience LOVE New York City. There was a reason it was so much in demand and basically the show was forced to stop MK altogether. Then obviously the characters who were involved in NYC. Rachel, Santana and Kurt had such a great dynamic and they already got robbed with so many SL's, character development and focus. So instead of doing 3 great years in NYC, with all the ups and downs, they needed to use the freeway and give Rachel a very underwhelming and undeserved early win. I doubt even in 2 years anyone will talk about Rachel's BW debut and the feelings it emoted from the audience. Her success was so clear since end of Season 3, it will not create any intense fan reaction at all.

It really pains me, because the NYC trio had so much comedic potential and I could write 10 different SL's just with 30 seconds brainstorming. Glee had all the potential for an amazing return and they wasted it on every single bad decision available.

No matter what happens in LA, the focus will apparently be in Rachel, Blaine and Sam. Which logically speaking tells me, something is happening BTS with Chris. Even though Ryan Murphy seems to hate Chris nowadays, he and FOX were never shy to use him for marketing purposes. I know it is all rumors and speculations and no valid source actually exist, but maybe Chris really will only be available with limited capacity next season.

In case the rumor is true (and it is a tumblr source, so the chances are very slim anyway to be fair - but it sounds like a SL Glee totally would write just to please the Klaine fandom), at least we can predict yet another epic outcry. I do not believe the GA will be happy with Kurt giving up all his dreams, just to support Blaine and basically becoming the little, submissive housewife with no own dreams and ambitions.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 20 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Glorfindel 4/22/2014, 10:32 am

Ireth wrote:And ugh, just when you think you've experienced the worst, another Glee spoiler comes and proves you wrong. Throwing everything away (and NYADA, Vogue and Pamela Lansbury is really a lot) for a boy goes against everything Kurt is. Sadly, I believe the spoiler because Blee would. I just hope Kurt decides to move because of an excellent opportunity if he decides to move.
It also goes against everything Chris is (he mentioned kids should put an education above a high school sweetheart several times), so if it's true he won't be happy with the idea.  Mad

The more I think about the spoiler the more I think it isn't true, at least not that Kurt will follow Blaine right away. With the time jump we already know will happen I hope that Kurt will finish NYADA first before maybe moving to L.A.

Stopping the New York narrative before it even properly began is so stupid. Many people waited 2 years(!) impatiently for Glee to move its focus from Lima to New York, and now that they're finally there they get only 7 episodes!
They really make ALL the wrong choices, it's baffling.  Evil or Very Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/22/2014, 10:34 am

For me, the best case senario is that Chris himself requested reduced screen time in order to allow him to do outside projects. That at least would make having Kurt sidelined bearable since Chris will be benefiting from the additional free time. I know that Chris is loyal, but Glee is rapidly fading and at best, he's got only another year left. I think that the odds are much more likely that with the craptastic ratings, Glee might only get a half season before Fox pulls the plug so it's critical for Chris to start getting new projects lined up.

As far as a storyline goes, I've said it before that none of this makes any kind of sense. I don't have any issue with Blaine going to LA as his aspirations were never really set on being a Broadway performer, but Rachel's were set in concrete. This was all she lived for the entire time that we knew her character and she rejected going to LA with Finn because she refused any other career options besides Broadway. For her to basically throw not just NYADA away, but any chance of a viable Broadway career for the chance to work in Hollywood really is contrary to everything that we know about Rachel as a character. This is beyond character assassination - this is shredding everything that was at the core of who Rachel is.

It is also equally problematic that ambitious, dedicated Kurt would throw his career prospects away in order to follow Blaine to LA. Again, this goes against everything that we know of Kurt. He will not harm those that he loves in order to further his ambitions (seen in Wheels), but he also will not shy away from striving for his goals. The only possible way that I can see this working for Kurt without totally destroying his character is for there to be a mid-episode time jump and Kurt has finished his NYADA studies and is going to LA not just for Blaine, but because he's got a major career prospect there.

Sadly, I don't hold out any real hope for a good storyline for Kurt because I think that he and Chris have fallen off of Ryan Murphy's radar (and have been so for quite some time). RM is still trying to make Darren and Chord happen, and Lea is still his pet so he'll at least give her screen time and major storylines. Amber is being used because of her DWTS success. But Chris (along with Naya, Kevin, Matt and Jane) are just no longer any kind of priority.

As I said, for me Glee ended at that terrible season 4 finale (before Kurt accepted Blaine's proposal) and everything that happens now is a crappy AU. As far as my headcannon is concerned, Kurt never broke up with Adam and they are deliriously happy with one another and he's excelling at NYADA and preparing for his professional career. Blaine can just go... wherever.... so long as he's far away from Kurt.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/22/2014, 10:52 am

Klaine is a rapidly dieing fandom, so waste their time on it will just turn more viewers away.

I really do hope Glee does get just a half season, because I would hate for Chris just to be reduced to a guest star.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/22/2014, 11:01 am

The fandom is fine. The show, on the other hand, it a total mess. They couldn't have fucked this up worse if they had a committee dedicated to fucking up Glee.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/22/2014, 11:08 am

Glorfindel wrote:
brisallie wrote:@ColferInspired, 24 episodes? Glee always do only 22 episodes, and at least the rating magically increase next season, I don't see it go beyond episode umm... What is the least amount of episodes that is allowed for a series like Glee? You know a series that on the primetime.
This season they're only doing 20 episodes because they lost too much production time to finish 22 episodes in time due to "Cory's death" (and I use quotation marks here because I think that's just an excuse for other things gone wrong BTS), so TPTB said that the next season will have those 2 episodes added, 22+2 = 24.

Oh, I didn't know  this. I'm not so well informed.

Is truth that Cory's death was an important factor, but I also agree there were some issues BTS. For instance they have to re-arrange the schedule when everything was settled in NY, as they need to shoot more scenes, and I don't think that was in the original plan as they tried to extend MK as much as they can. And if gossip websites are right, there were some discussions as well.

@ColferInpired, thanks. So now I believe Glee will probably have 13 episodes.

@Ranwing, you know I've noticed the fandom isn't as much in disagreement as they used to be. Now lots of people believe writers are messing up the show, well is something was always believed, but even those who still trusted and loved blindly Glee, are changing their mind.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/22/2014, 11:34 am

Fandoms are pretty resiliant. Glee is hardly the only show to go completely into the crapper after a promising begining, or have to deal with significant challenges. I think the impact of Cory's death on the production schedule is vastly overblown and provides a convenient scapegoat for poor planning by the production team (from Ryan Murphy on down). Cory's role on the show was already very markedly reduced and outside of giving Lea time off, there was no need to postpone production by weeks. The cast are all professionals and could have returned to work much earlier. As far as handling Finn being written out, other shows have managed and Finn's role was already so sidelined that it would have been relatively simple. As I said, blaming the shortened season on his death is a cop out.

There was a show that I was a huge fan of in the 80s called The Sentinel (which still has a pretty active fandom). The show got canceled after season 2 and left on a major cliffhanger (with one of the two lead characters apparently dead). A major fan campaign got the show a new lease on life and we got a shortened final season that allowed them to wrap up the show properly and paid a great deal of respect to the show, the characters and the fans. There are ways to do it if the writers show some intelligence and creativity. Glee stands out as a glaring example of how not to write a show because right now, I don't know of any fans who are really happy. Well, maybe the Rachel fans since she's getting all the prizes, but everyone else has plenty of reason to complain.

Glee is a victim of it's own early success. Ryan Murphy let things go to his head and in the process of trying to keep Glee innovative and trend-setting, destroyed all the things that were good about Glee. My guess is that Fox will not give Glee an extended final season. With the ratings being so poor, there's no justification for it. And I agree that with the budget probably being slashed to the bone that a lot of the changes that we're seeing are being governed by finances and not RM having an interesting story to tell.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/22/2014, 12:03 pm

Glee is a victim of it's own early success. Ryan Murphy let things go to his head and in the process of trying to keep Glee innovative and trend-setting, destroyed all the things that were good about Glee.
truer words have not been spoken. glee went so high so fast that this kind of ending was predictable. murphy wanted to do everything right away, all the tributes he could, famous actors and such. the moment they started promising guest stints to stars and those things got broken, the show was in trouble. and not to mention the true nail in glee's coffin, when the men in charge focus on their two other shows. they were stretched to thin, broth in people who didn't understand the show or the characters, made a mess of the transition with the old and new cast and you got your climactic fall from power. the bigger you are the harder you fall, and in season 2 there was no show bigger then glee on american television.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/22/2014, 12:07 pm

as for kurt, it would be against the core of his character to compromise this way and just drop his future at nyada and ny to play house husband for his super star boyfriend blaine. they may not break up and have a long distance thing but i need a solid and valid explanation for kurt moving to LA. to be there for blaine just isn't enough and it's demeaning to kurt's goals in life and ambition which we all know he has. make him get a part in rachel's tv show, a transfer to a west coast performance art collage, work on stage, new branch of vogue.com,.... anything but blaine's little loving puppy dog, because that is not who kurt is and will never be.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/22/2014, 12:30 pm

tanita_mors wrote:as for kurt, it would be against the core of his character to compromise this way and just drop his future at nyada and ny to play house husband for his super star boyfriend blaine. they may not break up and have a long distance thing but i need a solid and valid explanation for kurt moving to LA. to be there for blaine just isn't enough and it's demeaning to kurt's goals in life and ambition which we all know he has. make him get a part in rachel's tv show, a transfer to a west coast performance art collage, work on stage, new branch of vogue.com,.... anything but blaine's little loving puppy dog, because that is not who kurt is and will never be.
With all the meta and actor bleed going on lately the 5x20 tv producer who wants Rachel in her new tv show could see Kurt and decide to write a role in for him on the spot.  Rolling Eyes
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/22/2014, 1:07 pm

Glorfindel wrote:With all the meta and actor bleed going on lately the 5x20 tv producer who wants Rachel in her new tv show could see Kurt and decide to write a role in for him on the spot.  Rolling Eyes

As cheap a tactic as that would be, I could live with it. Just so long as someone judges Kurt to be the rare talent that he is and rewards him accordingly.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/22/2014, 1:08 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
tanita_mors wrote:as for kurt, it would be against the core of his character to compromise this way and just drop his future at nyada and ny to play house husband for his super star boyfriend blaine. they may not break up and have a long distance thing but i need a solid and valid explanation for kurt moving to LA. to be there for blaine just isn't enough and it's demeaning to kurt's goals in life and ambition which we all know he has. make him get a part in rachel's tv show, a transfer to a west coast performance art collage, work on stage, new branch of vogue.com,.... anything but blaine's little loving puppy dog, because that is not who kurt is and will never be.
With all the meta and actor bleed going on lately the 5x20 tv producer who wants Rachel in her new tv show could see Kurt and decide to write a role in for him on the spot.  Rolling Eyes

But hello, Marie. The producer is nothing like Trollphy Wink He's not a girl.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/22/2014, 1:16 pm

Great post The main reason I won't be watching season six is because I do not want Kurt to give up everything for Blaine. I would not even if I ship Klaine ,like Blaine. If it turns out he transfers to another college, try out for TV, movie roles. Try out for plays, et cetera I might change my mind. Unlikely but there would be a chance. I won't if he does give up everything for Blaine. Especially if he become a househusband.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/22/2014, 1:18 pm

Ranwing wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:With all the meta and actor bleed going on lately the 5x20 tv producer who wants Rachel in her new tv show could see Kurt and decide to write a role in for him on the spot.  Rolling Eyes

As cheap a tactic as that would be, I could live with it. Just so long as someone judges Kurt to be the rare talent that he is and rewards him accordingly.

Good point. I agree.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/22/2014, 1:48 pm

Ranwing wrote:

Well, I would be down for that particular twist  fanny2 

But it is Kurt. So obviously it won't happen.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/22/2014, 1:49 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 20 Tumblr_n4fxx3HiFt1r4ezfzo1_250

1. Wake Me Up (Glee Cast Version)
  2. Doo Wop (That Thing) (Glee Cast Version)
  3. Story of My Life (Glee Cast Version)
  4. Piece of My Heart (Glee Cast Version)
  5. The Rose (Glee Cast Version)

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/22/2014, 2:13 pm

about the next season:
if kurt is moving to LA w/ blaine, then chris will still be a full time regular. if kurt stays in NY, and I don't think they will gamble w/ split locations again, then chris is likely being a recurring cast (as are anybody else who is left in NY).

so, take your bet. so far we don't have any reliable info to truly get upset.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/22/2014, 2:34 pm

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/22/2014, 3:12 pm

sheny wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 20 Tumblr_n4fxx3HiFt1r4ezfzo1_250

So, if memory serves me correctly, Wake Me Up is Rachel, Story of My Live is Klaine, and Piece of My Heart is Blaine. Do we know who is singing Doo Wop and The Rose?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/22/2014, 3:28 pm

If anyone should sing The Rose, it should be Kurt and he would be stunning on it. And it would fit his storyline about being torn between wanting to be supportive of Blaine and being upset/hurt/angry at his being passed over. Again.

But that would make too much sense. My best guess will be Mercedes. Or Rachel. Since neither of them have gotten enough solos in the past few weeks. beam
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/22/2014, 3:33 pm

I read on Tumblr that "The Rose" is Rachel solo, but it hasn't been confirmed by GOBr or another reliable spoilers source so it might be just Rachel stans wishful thinking.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/22/2014, 3:50 pm

i am sure "rose" is sam. just look at the color of his lips.  Razz 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/22/2014, 4:16 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:But hello, Marie.  The producer is nothing like Trollphy ;)He's not a girl.  
Could have fooled me.  moque

Lottie2303 wrote:
Ranwing wrote:

Well, I would be down for that particular twist  fanny2 

But it is Kurt. So obviously it won't happen.
It'll be Blaine.  dryy

No, seriously: if they would write it the way it really happened, with Ryan and co. totally being enchanted by Chris' acting talent, voice and charm, and him eventually becoming the break-out star and the only one of the kids to receive a real award, I'd be okay with Kurt having that same story.
But a lot has happened since 2008, and we all know that Ryan doesn't feel that way about Chris anymore, so it either won't happen to Kurt or he won't get the same level of success that Chris did.

That's why I wasn't really kidding when I said that if this storyline happened it will be Blaine.  Rolling Eyes 

Jellyrolls wrote:
sheny wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 20 Tumblr_n4fxx3HiFt1r4ezfzo1_250

So, if memory serves me correctly, Wake Me Up is Rachel, Story of My Live is Klaine, and Piece of My Heart is Blaine.  Do we know who is singing Doo Wop and The Rose?  
Lea apparently tweeted about a Bette Midler song, so yeah...expect it to be another Rachel solo.  Sleep
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/22/2014, 4:26 pm

Ranwing wrote: If anyone should sing The Rose, it should be Kurt and he would be stunning on it. And it would fit his storyline about being torn between wanting to be supportive of Blaine and being upset/hurt/angry at his being passed over. Again.

But that would make too much sense. My best guess will be Mercedes. Or Rachel. Since neither of them have gotten enough solos in the past few weeks.  beam

Well jeez, Kurt has her name tattooed on his back.  It should be him singing it.

sheny wrote:I read on Tumblr that "The Rose" is Rachel solo, but it hasn't been confirmed by GOBr or another reliable spoilers source so it might be just Rachel stans wishful thinking.

Glorfindel wrote:
Lea apparently tweeted about a Bette Midler song, so yeah...expect it to be another Rachel solo.  Sleep

Rachel getting two solos the after all she has tonight?  I'm not usually one to complain about Lea singing too much, but seriously, is that really necessary one week after her big episode tonight? The only good thing I can say about Lea singing two solos in the episode after Opening Night is that we won't have to listen Darren mutilate the songs.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/22/2014, 4:29 pm

^Maybe it's a Hummelberry duet, but I won't hold my breath.   Mad 

I agree that 'The Rose' fits Kurt perfectly, both voice-wise as lyric-wise, so it probably won't happen.  dryy 

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 20 Tumblr_n4g06q96g51qe476yo1_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next