Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread

+20
Georgette888
YaoiChick
Kurt addict
fantastica
Lottie2303
coxfire
Ireth
Glorfindel
valkeakuulas
ColferInspired
bayth
Buenos
kac
brisallie
ChrisColferFan1
M&M
TimF
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
24 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 I_vote_lcap6%5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 I_vote_lcap0%5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 I_vote_lcap0%5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 I_vote_lcap94%5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 94% 
[ 16 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 17

5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Glorfindel 4/23/2014, 5:32 pm

This is interesting. It's tumblr people analyzing the fencing scene:

5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 Tumblr_n4gfgr2Q3f1s5yr3ro1_500
afleshjackforblainecharitydrive:
melbluesblog:
afleshjackforblainecharitydrive:
lovejoybliss:
gleeksandtheirconfessions:

I really wish someone who knew what they were doing (which I am not) could post a slowed down video of the various fighting scenes, or some really good gifs, because it goes by so fast that I find it hard to process and understand.
However after watching several times, I do see Blaine swinging a weapon toward Kurt’s head (a few weeks after a skull fracture which would not be healed) in one of the shots. Not the fencing one, the one with the shields.

what I saw in the bo sticks and shields scene (Love is a Battlefield) was Blaine aiming a punch with his bare fist right at Kurt’s head and Kurt moving out of the way and then pushing back at Blaine. But a slowed version of the scene would help.
I can’t even pick out who is who for most of the fencing scene to be honest. Is there an identifying mark on their costumes?

I had a friend who went to the Olympics (back in the 1960’s) for fencing so I’ll try to remember some of the stuff she told me here and there. As far as I can see, when the fencing fight starts, both are in correct stance,  Kurt is the aggressor but only within fencing rules, he’s just trying to win a fencing match. Once Blaine goes to two hands, he’s gone out of the rules and is now just attacking Kurt and no longer really fencing. Kurt then goes into defensive fencing, Blaine’s really on the attack with two hands, Kurt’s ducking and weaving, and eventually he backhands Blaine on the side/rib cage with the hilt of the sword. Also against the rules, but at this point he’s trying to defend himself against Blaine and stop the fight without actually giving in, because as you can see when he takes his mask off, he’s justifiably angry. Blaine reacts with the ‘what the hell’ because Kurt’s move was illegal and probably hurt - and Blaine’s choosing to ignore that he provoked the situation.
That’s how I read the scene at the time, but I will point out that my knowledge might be out of date re: the fencing. But I think I’m probably right based on the way they acted the scene and the character’s reactions.
Hope that helps.

I added the italics.
Thank you! this was extremely helpful and actually would make a great stand-alone post. (Because everyone I think is confused.)

The bold part is mine, it’s not against the rules in sabre fencing to hit on the side on on the back of your opponent, it’s not foil or epée, witch are front to front, saber is more aggressive. ( I fenced when I was young ) so Kurt was within the rules and Blaine was not.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ColferInspired 4/23/2014, 8:50 pm

This episode was really good for Kurtsies as Kurt did not take any crap from Blaine.

The other stories were good to.

This so far is my favourite episode and I will be watching it again.  Smile 

Can't wait for Chris's though. That is the only one I want to see now.  neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/26/2014, 5:54 pm

BTS picture:

5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 Tumblr_n4nocka9R91rfyncro1_r1_500
x  [UHQ] Chris Colfer behind the scenes of 5.16, “Tested”

5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 Tumblr_n4noab1ppc1sqqzcso1_r1_500
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/26/2014, 6:39 pm

^ awesome!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/26/2014, 10:17 pm

Glorfindel wrote:BTS picture:

5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 Tumblr_n4nocka9R91rfyncro1_r1_500
x  [UHQ] Chris Colfer behind the scenes of 5.16, “Tested”

5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 Tumblr_n4noab1ppc1sqqzcso1_r1_500
x

Is a cut scene? I liked that other boy.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 4/26/2014, 11:00 pm

aa54 

Looks like the original scene was a bit longer. This would be a great episode to have BTS videos.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/27/2014, 12:05 am

Ireth wrote:aa54 

Looks like the original scene was a bit longer. This would be a great episode to have BTS videos.

I don't think so, because Will was there taking a picture of them.

I think Chris was just mucking about with the other actor, and Will wanted to get a picture.

Look at the guy with the camera, it is Will as someone has pointed out.

This is labeled BTS, it is not a still.

So, I don't think any scene was cut, this is just Chris having fun, and given his lovely boyfriend a lovely pic.  neutre

Though fans like to think he was meant to be in the scene, and he is taking a pic of Kurt.  Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/27/2014, 12:08 am

^ this is not during filming. chris and the other guy are just "posing" for the camera. (see the guy in the front shooting from his camera phone and the rest of the folks are back talking to each other)
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/27/2014, 12:14 am

@Kim and ColferInspired, Got it  neutre 

ColferInspired wrote:...
Though fans like to think he was meant to be in the scene, and he is taking a pic of Kurt.  Smile

LOL So fans want to see Will in all the NYADA scenes?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/27/2014, 12:16 am

fantastica wrote:^ this is not during filming. chris and the other guy are just "posing" for the camera. (see the guy in the front shooting from his camera phone and the rest of the folks are back talking to each other)

Someone already pointed out that the guy is Will with the camera phone.

CrissColfer tinhatters are going nuts.  dryy

At least there aren't as many as their used to be.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/27/2014, 12:17 am

haha, i missed Will.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/27/2014, 12:24 am

brisallie wrote:@Kim and ColferInspired, Got it  neutre 

ColferInspired wrote:...

LOL So fans want to see Will in all the NYADA scenes?

Of course.  Smile

They even trying to create a name for him.

So he would have seen his gorgeous boyfriend in the combat scenes.

Wonder how many pics he took of Chris shirtless that day.  phr34r 

Now I get why these tinhatters saying Will being there is creepy.  Rolling Eyes

There is a war on between them and Chris fans at the moment.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8