Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20

+24
AnneNeville
Georgette888
Ireth
opals
bayth
tanita_mors
valkeakuulas
Divalicious
sjonnepon
Ranwing
Lottie2303
Kurt addict
JamieRulz
mindschemez
fantastica
coxfire
Glorfindel
sheny
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Buenos
Jellyrolls
brisallie
Porcelain
28 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 21 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20

Post  valkeakuulas 2/7/2014, 8:10 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
I do think it just gets worse with the spoilers, but I have a huge trust in Chris that he'll play Kurt scenes, whatever they conjure with Bland, with a small glint in his eyes.

And I trust that Chris will keep Kurt believable and relatable for as much/long as he can, but with this horrible writing and RIB constantly screwing with the characterisation and motives of the show's characters just so they can shoehorn in another pop 40 song for Blaine to sing it might become impossible for Chris to save Kurt as a character from all this inconsistency with his acting.
I see that glint in Chris' eyes too, but where it used to be him giving deeper meaning and multiple layers to Kurt's OOC actions (even when it went against what was actually written) so whatever Kurt did still fitted his character and development in canon, I now sometimes also see a "even I can't make the crap I have to say or do as Kurt believable, so just enjoy looking at me on your screen", an equivalent of his "Watch Glee, 'cause at least I'm in it".

I do agree that Chris did a good job with Kurt all through S4, but even he must have had a hard time during the proposal scene. (As so many of us!) I just wish the writers and the director would have given Kurt more conflict. I mean you can see it somewhat in Chris's acting, but that scene was written purely on the assumption that he'd completely forgiven Blaine. Especially since there was such significant hesitation in Kurt with Burt in that execution drive. I still wonder if they even considered giving Kurt a NO?

I just don't know if it is an actual point of the RIB+ to seriously take Kurt's agenda away for the NY years of Glee. Because for me no matter how many ideas (and there weren't that many) Kurt gets given none of them are really his or gives Chris any real leeway to show Kurt having his former enthusiasm. I'm sure Chris would be terribly good at playing the bridezilla but I don't want that to be his agenda for the rest of the series, nor do I really have the patience to watch Kurt cheer Blaine.

I still haven't watched properly that scene where Kurt apparently appraises Blaine to high heavens in the loft from the Blam hitting NY episode. I just couldn't. Or in other words: I didn't get Chris's portrayal of Kurt because what I saw from the moment he sat on the bed wasn't no lnger Kurt I loved. I think that reluctance to watch it is a perfect match of how I feel about the situation. Rather that enjoy Kurt and Chris's acting I have to settle, SETTLE! for the gifs.

A lot of this stems from the fact that I don't get the direction they are making Kurt take, nor do I think he should do what writers apparently are happy to make him do.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 21 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20

Post  fantastica 2/7/2014, 8:38 pm

this episodes actually sounds interesting enough for me to want to watch. it will be a first this season.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/7/2014, 8:51 pm

It depends how much the show wants to show Kurt having a healthy platonic friendship with another guy.

And with a gay guy to boot?

If they can accomplish that, I'm good.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/7/2014, 9:07 pm

The thing is Kurt got rid of Chandler to please Blaine, this time Kurt isn't doing what Blaine wants, he isn't get rid of Elliott. Of course Blaine will pause and have a revelation, he must think he is losing control over Kurt.

That is why I like that Elliott is becoming friends with Rachel as well, which Blaine would hate, as he might worry that Rachel might think Elliott is better for Kurt.

JS tweeted the tweet about Darren and Adam yesterday, because of the summary today. That tweet is meant to be a distraction is what I believe.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/7/2014, 9:12 pm

is Elliot confirmed gay?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/7/2014, 9:18 pm

fantastica wrote:is Elliot confirmed gay?

Well, Klainers are going ballistic.  Razz

But no, nothing is confirmed.

Many are seeing the Blaine and Elliott scene as Blaine confronting Elliott and probably warning him off.

But we get Kurt and Elliott scene or scenes today and it looks like if this was the case Elliott is hopefully not listening.

I am so hoping that they are still doing the duet and this could be what they are doing today.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 2/7/2014, 9:25 pm

Buenos wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 21 Tumblr_n0lzdzVcKk1r4cnd6o2_250
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 21 Tumblr_n0lju6fSST1r4ezfzo1_500
That is hilarious...of course with the f*** up extended year they got the years mixed up.  On set with the graduation banners' it's "class of 2013",

that sums up the disaster that was extending the school year.  coool

Are you sure the cake isn't from Crafty/for the cast and crew during the shooting of the graduation episode (ie, not a prop)? That would be why the date is 2014 rather than 2013.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  opals 2/7/2014, 9:51 pm

I LOVE that Kurt and Elliot are going to become closer friends, and I agree that it is completely within Blaine's characterization to show some insecurity and jealousy over that. So far, these spoilers sound pretty good to me.

The only thing that worries me is the possibility that Kurt would back away from Elliot in order to soothe Blaine's raging ego. If that happens I'll be pissed.
opals
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/7/2014, 9:53 pm

opals wrote: I LOVE that Kurt and Elliot are going to become closer friends, and I agree that it is completely within Blaine's characterization to show some insecurity and jealousy over that. So far, these spoilers sound pretty good to me.

The only thing that worries me is the possibility that Kurt would back away from Elliot in order to soothe Blaine's raging ego. If that happens I'll be pissed.

In episode 10 Kurt is singing with Elliott and Dani, so I think this time Kurt isn't listening to Blaine or doing what he wants.

Episode 14 no-one knows.  saispa
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/7/2014, 10:53 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 21 Tumblr_n0nlty2PtF1rojy6eo1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/7/2014, 10:57 pm

It's sort of been implied; fairly explicitly IMO when Santana accused Kurt of being jealous that StarChild would steal "the lavender spotlight". Lavender being a common euphemism for gay.

Plus she told Kurt to stop flirting with Elliot in front of Elliot and nobody blinked an eyelash.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/7/2014, 11:07 pm

Buenos wrote:

It's sort  of  been implied;  fairly explicitly IMO when Santana accused Kurt of being jealous that StarChild would steal "the lavender spotlight".  Lavender being a common euphemism for gay.

Plus she told Kurt to stop flirting with Elliot in front of Elliot and nobody blinked an eyelash.

I hope they don't try and go the love triangle route.

Let Kurt have a male friend.

And right now we have K(Blainers) with their double standards that if Blaine isn't happy about Elliott that how dare Kurt be friends with Elliott.  dryy 

And we have Klainers saying jealous Blaine will be hot.  Rolling Eyes
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 2/7/2014, 11:32 pm

ColferInspired wrote:
Buenos wrote:

It's sort  of  been implied;  fairly explicitly IMO when Santana accused Kurt of being jealous that StarChild would steal "the lavender spotlight".  Lavender being a common euphemism for gay.

I hope they don't try and go the love triangle route.

Let Kurt have a male friend.

And right now we have K(Blainers) with their double standards that if Blaine isn't happy about Elliott that how dare Kurt be friends with Elliott.  dryy 

And we have Klainers saying jealous Blaine will be hot.  Rolling Eyes

Agree 100%. If Blaine can be friends with Sam, why can't Kurt be friends with Elliott?
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/7/2014, 11:40 pm

Look I think that Kurt can be painted with flaws; and Kurt afraid of Elliot stealing the spotlight and the band away from Kurt is plausible to me. Kurt can be insecure at times too, plus as much as he never seems to get mainstream acceptance, who can blame him? This is a guy who has to put up with both Rachel and Blaine who get all the prizes.

I love the idea he develops a bond with Elliot, who I'm sure has dreams of his own that reminds Kurt of himself. Elliot doesn't strike me as a golden boy, rather someone who is "too much" like Kurt. I doubt if he is gay, Elliot is a gay who passes for straight.

So Kurt thinking initially Elliot is a threat is OK. I don't care if Kurt is a little bitchy or petty about it TBH. What I don't like is the idea that a genuine friendship between Kurt and Elliot will be sacrificed in order to creat Klaine drama.

They're engaged, and this insecurity seems so season 4. Kurt should have a male friend that he bonds with.

I don't get it , the show conveniently doesn't let Kurt find out that Blaine had a crush on Sam, ( so what if he was single, he and Sam are still close) yet Kurt bonding with Elliot gives Blaine "pause"?
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/8/2014, 12:38 am

I think what is fascinating about Adam Lambert (which has been made a part of Elliot's character) is that he could pass as straight, but he choses not to. That he's drawn to the glitter and flash and flamboyancy that Kurt is (although his interest is translated more by the old glam rock motifs). If anything, this gives me hope that Kurt isn't going to get beaten down and shoved into the nice, safe, conventional box that performers like Blaine exist in. That there's a place for performers like Kurt to grow and find acclaim in.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/8/2014, 12:40 am

Buenos wrote:I don't get it , the show conveniently doesn't let Kurt find out that Blaine had a crush on Sam, ( so what if he was single, he and Sam are still close) yet Kurt bonding with Elliot gives Blaine "pause"?

I would love it if Blaine does start making noise that he's not comfortable with Kurt being so close to Elliot and spending so much time with him (and the extended hipster rockers that he saw Kurt with) when he should be focused on Mr. Wonderful. And that Kurt gives it right back to Blaine, that if Blaine could be friends with Sebastian, crush on Sam and cheat on Kurt, then Kurt should be allowed to have his own friends.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 2/8/2014, 12:47 am

Ranwing wrote:
Buenos wrote:I don't get it , the show conveniently doesn't let Kurt find out that Blaine had a crush on Sam, ( so what if he was single, he and Sam are still close) yet Kurt bonding with Elliot gives Blaine "pause"?

I would love it if Blaine does start making noise that he's not comfortable with Kurt being so close to Elliot and spending so much time with him (and the extended hipster rockers that he saw Kurt with) when he should be focused on Mr. Wonderful. And that Kurt gives it right back to Blaine, that if Blaine could be friends with Sebastian, crush on Sam and cheat on Kurt, then Kurt should be allowed to have his own friends.

Agree 100% If I wrote  Glee and they still had gotten back together which they would not the way they did. This is what would happened. And  Kurt telling Blaine if he does not like it the wedding is off.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/8/2014, 12:57 am

Ranwing wrote:

I have been feeling that Blaine has always been written as the bad guy, but they sugar coat his actions, by others not finding any fault with what he does, that he gets away with everything.

I think the Puppet Master is who the true Blaine is. They need to go with this and develop it, with Darren's lazy acting, they ground work is there because it's not that hard to believe.

This would be the most stupidest thing for them to waste as an opportunity like this.

More viewers might be interested in watching.

Who cares if their precious cupcake is a possessive narcissist?

At least the character will have some depth finally.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/8/2014, 1:04 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 21 Tumblr_n0nqis5ywi1r4ezfzo1_500

@dreakristina It’s been a busy week here in #GLEEcostumes! Time to enjoy the weekend! I leave you w/ this … #Glee #HelloNY
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/8/2014, 1:11 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 21 Tumblr_n0nqayirjM1r4ezfzo1_500

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 21 Tumblr_n0nqayirjM1r4ezfzo2_500

aidenarrows #paramount #studios #NewYork #glee #actors #modellife #funFriday they made this set to be New York! =D I’ve always wanted to walk around NYC lol Just got out of the #hair and #makeup trailer Bitches! Guess I’m going to be #featured today on #glee! Look for me as the #storeclerk #modellife #actors #rockers #bighair #hairgel #guyswithplugs #guyswithtattoos #punk #goth #AdamLambert #fox #paramount #rockguys #guyswithplugs #stretchedears #leatherjackets

This might be the scene with Kurt and Elliott at the guitar shop, and he just forgot to put Chris's name in the tags.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/8/2014, 1:20 am

I think I could go with Kurt becoming a rock star if they did go there.  neutre 

He shouldn't have the same dreams as Rachel, with Broadway.

A lot of people go down a different path to the one they planned.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/8/2014, 2:11 am

ColferInspired wrote:I think I could go with Kurt becoming a rock star if they did go there.  neutre 

He shouldn't have the same dreams as Rachel, with Broadway.

A lot of people go down a different path to the one they planned.

I would prefer Kurt going rock/indie/glam rock over Vogue fashion, which I realize alot of Kurt fans want for him.   Not me , I want him in a performing arts career.  I just want them to put Kurt in something urban and gritty and away from the loft...I love the hipster/bohemian/rocker look of those people in the photo.

So I"m happy he finally has a SL and I'm happy that he interacts with Elliot over the course of 3 episodes since he sings with him in Episodes 9,10 and 14.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 2/8/2014, 3:38 am

ColferInspired wrote:
opals wrote: I LOVE that Kurt and Elliot are going to become closer friends, and I agree that it is completely within Blaine's characterization to show some insecurity and jealousy over that. So far, these spoilers sound pretty good to me.

In episode 10 Kurt is singing with Elliott and Dani, so I think this time Kurt isn't listening to Blaine or doing what he wants.

Episode 14 no-one knows.  saispa

But we don't even know what Blaine wants. The summary says just that he "pauses". There is nothing about him being jealous or telling Kurt to stop seeing Elliot. All accusation towards Blaine in 5.09 so far are based only on assumptions. Glee's promos and summaries have always been very misleading, so maybe it's better to wait for the episode or at least more spoilers,

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 2/8/2014, 4:03 am

valkeakuulas wrote:
I do agree that Chris did a good job with Kurt all through S4, but even he must have had a hard time during the proposal scene. (As so many of us!) I just wish the writers and the director would have given Kurt more conflict. I mean you can see it somewhat in Chris's acting, but that scene was written purely on the assumption that he'd completely forgiven Blaine. Especially since there was such significant hesitation in Kurt with Burt in that execution drive. I still wonder if they even considered giving Kurt a NO?

Maybe we will know more about Kurt's thoughts, when somebody buys the script for 5x01.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 21 Tumblr12Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 21 Tumblr11

These are also amongst the deleted/changed scenes from that episode

- Kurt, Rachel, Mercedes, & Santana’s unaired sleepover…
- and the song the four were going to sing! 

crycry Knowing there was also a song in the scene makes it worse. Why couldn't they include this instead of that awful performance of "I Saw Her Standing There".

- Details of an unaired kiss!
- How Blaine’s proposal was originally staged!
- Unaired lines, including Artie, Blaine, Kitty, Kurt, Rachel, Santana, Unique, and more!
- Will and Figgins’s unaired scene!
x

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/8/2014, 4:21 am

But we don't even know what Blaine wants. The summary says just that he "pauses". There is nothing about him being jealous or telling Kurt to stop seeing Elliot. All accusation towards Blaine in 5.09 so far are based only on assumptions. Glee's promos and summaries have always been very misleading, so maybe it's better to wait for the episode or at least more spoilers,

Well of course the show is going to give Kurt and Blaine speed bumps/obstacles, which is expected.

I think what I find potentially intriguing is if Kurt finds a gay guy that he can bond friend.  Blaine's own friendship with Kurt turned into love, and his friendship of Sam  developed into a crush, so it could be an epiphany that Kurt connects to Elliot, aka with someone to whom he is not sexually attracted and yet is simpatico with. English  Adam was doomed because he was set up as a potential LI for Kurt and Glee blinked.  However Elliot is different, unlike Blaine, he's not a teenage dream for a bullied Kurt, unlike Adam, there is no expectations of a romance.

Maybe Blaine "pauses' in that he's puzzled that Kurt could have a strong  connection with someone gay yet not a rival.  So it might throw him for a loop that Kurt and Elliot could develop a meeting of the minds, even being similar spirits, yet who don't want to bed each other.

Of course in my ideal world that is how the SL develops.   coool
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next