Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5

+31
YaoiChick
comeonitslife
awesomenessthatischriscol
Nellya
ChrisColfersLightning
Ireth
MoviesAreLife
mindschemez
Divalicious
Georgette888
Porcelain
Kurt addict
coxfire
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Kurt Hummel
bayth
angelnessa
AnneNeville
tanita_mors
valkeakuulas
Jellyrolls
sheny
brisallie
fantastica
Glorfindel
ColferInspired
glimmerle
Buenos
Ranwing
Lottie2303
35 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5

Post  AnneNeville 12/17/2013, 3:59 pm

ColferInspired wrote:General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 4 Tumblr_mcgmbxwVwZ1qd6xxvo1_500

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 4 Tumblr_mcgmbxwVwZ1qd6xxvo2_500

Looks like a 'late night' Crafty set-up!

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5

Post  angelnessa 12/17/2013, 4:14 pm

Buenos wrote:
I guess Chris uniqueness will one day very much be his strive and success.

Precisely, it's his very distinctiveness that makes him stand out.   So many good  and memorable actors have that, that "it" quality, and  they make you stand on your feet and say " who is that?".  The camera loves his presence,  he cuts a striking image (and getting better looking by the day I might add) and even veteran actors on Glee like Mike O'Malley and Jane Lynch Chris holds his own with them acting wise.

ETA: Someone like Lee Pace is an actor that is very striking looking without conventional (Tom Cruise) looks who has carved a very nice career for himself.  Lee had a striking first role as a transexual in a TV movie, had the cult TV  hit "Raising Daisies" and has had large and small roles in different genres movies.  He just came out in "The Hobbit, the desolation of Smaug" last year was in "Lincoln" and will soon star in one of the Avenger movies.  Someone like him, and Joseph Gordon Levitt are the type of characters actors I hope Chris can emulate their career arc.  They get interesting roles in both big and small movies and that builds a momentum on it's own.

I love Lee Pace, and would also like Chris to have a similar trajectory. My favorite TV actor after Chris is Michael Emerson, who had a standout role in Lost's ensemble cast as Ben Linus, and has had further success as one of the leads in Person of Interest. He is definitely not your conventional Hollywood actor in appearance or demeanor, but is a talented, compelling actor, able to gives his characters layers and depth. He's already a two-time Emmy winning actor, and has done lots of stage work as well. I often compare Emerson and Chris in my head, and hope Chris can find/is offered/creates similar interesting, distinct roles after Glee is over, if that's what he wants to continue to do.
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/17/2013, 4:18 pm

I have a cousin in the industry and she can tell a hundred stories about the number of "it" performers who seem like the hottest thing in the world and then vanish because they got replaced by the next hot performer. The ones who have lasting careers are the ones who can transend whatever they might have been sold as initially (and make no mistake that actors are a product to be sold to an audience). They have to have something that makes an audience want to
continue seeing them instead of the next pretty face down the line.

I think your confusing "hot" with "it".  To me "it" is having a special quality that make you stand out, whereas a hot or trendy actor can come and go.  Transcending because of a special quality I agree is important, and all the great ones have that.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 12/17/2013, 4:31 pm

Chris has mentioned that he has had numerous offers for projects, but had to turn them down because of Glee. Just look at the number of Hollywood bigwigs that follow him on twitter - people in Hollywood know he has talent. (Even Barbra Streisand) He is someone that will have a long career. Chris has that certain 'something' that draws you in and pulls focus. I remember many years ago Cory Monteith was interviewed. He was asked who would win awards and without even having to think about it - he said Chris. That he is so talented. Many of the actors that have worked with him (without fail) mention how generous he is and that he is present in every take - giving them something to work with for their character.

I look forward to following his career for many years to come. If he has a play on Broadway - I would fly in to see it - to be in the same room to experience his talent live. (It will be really awesome if it will be a musical...)
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/17/2013, 4:34 pm

Chris has mentioned that he has had numerous offers for projects, but had to turn them down because of Glee. Just look at the number of Hollywood bigwigs that follow him on twitter - people in Hollywood know he has talent. (Even Barbra Streisand) He is someone that will have a long career. Chris has that certain 'something' that draws you in and pulls focus. I remember many years ago Cory Monteith was interviewed. He was asked who would win awards and without even having to think about it - he said Chris. That he is so talented. Many of the actors that have worked with him (without fail) mention how generous he is and that he is present in every take - giving them something to work with for their character.

I look forward to following his career for many years to come. If he has a play on Broadway - I would fly in to see it - to be in the same room to experience his talent live. (It will be really awesome if it will be a musical...)

It was interesting to see how many "big" actors he got for a low budget first time movie  "STruck by LIghtning".  I think everyone wanted to work with Chris.  He's got very good buzz it seems within the industry and he's respected for his acting and what he represents.  Both TIME and ESQUIRE wanted his opinions and I thing being a writer gives him an even bigger cachet within the industry.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 12/18/2013, 5:42 am

There are numerous photo's of Ollie and Corey together and they were at Ashley's birthday party at Chris's.

Corey is a model.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 4 Tumblr_mxziilkO5B1rfv1two1_500
General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 4 Tumblr_mxziilkO5B1rfv1two2_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 12/18/2013, 7:22 am

ColferInspired wrote:There are numerous photo's of Ollie and Corey together and they were at Ashley's birthday party at Chris's.

Corey is a model.

So, are they rumours they're dating?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 12/18/2013, 8:01 am

brisallie wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:There are numerous photo's of Ollie and Corey together and they were at Ashley's birthday party at Chris's.

Corey is a model.

So, are they rumours they're dating?

This has been talked about for the past couple of months.

If they are, then at least Ollie has another reason to stay in LA and not just work.  neutre 
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 12/18/2013, 8:26 am

I don't really follow Oliver (it takes a lot for me to sincerely follow any actor. Chris is a very mighty exception. Dylan O'Brien comes to mind, whom I also love and admire, and I still don't seek out any information on purpose), wish him best of luck, but don't really care about him... But that last tweet really is great. Dude seems to have a great sense of humor.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 12/18/2013, 9:11 am

As Lottie, I also wish him the best of luck Smile before these tweets I had no idea he might had something more than a friendship with this boy, actually Oliver's sexuality wasn't even an issue for me.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 12/18/2013, 9:33 am

brisallie wrote:As Lottie, I also wish him the best of luck :)before these tweets I had no idea he might had something more than a friendship with this boy, actually Oliver's sexuality wasn't even an issue for me.

I didn't know, care nor am I interested now. But it is a great and funny way to "confirm" a relationship. Especially between two men, as we all know, HW loves to hide them in the closet while claiming to be sooo liberal  dryy 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/18/2013, 6:27 pm

Brace yourselves, Gleeks, because a fan favorite is packing their bags and moving out of Lima.
ABC Family’s hit series The Fosters has inherited Romy Rosemont, everyone’s favorite mom, as the newest member of the family drama, E! News has exclusively learned. Rosemont, who is best known for playing Finn Hudson’s (Cory Monteith) mother since the pilot episode, recently gave a gut-wrenching performance as a grieving mother in Glee’s tribute episode, “The Quarterback.”
The actress will join The Fosters this winter as Amanda, the quirky and sometimes challenging mother of Mariana’s (Cierra Ramirez) new friend (and potential love interest!) Zac (Julian De La Celle). Rosemont will be a recurring guest star season making her debut in on Monday, March 3.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/18/2013, 7:52 pm

The Year's TV Ratings Winners & Losers

LOSERS:

2. “Glee”: Even as its overall audience diminished over the years, the Fox series remained a demo monster. This season, it’s less popular among 18-to-49-year-olds than “60 Minutes.”
x

Ouch.  uhuhu
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 12/18/2013, 8:47 pm

you reap what you sow.  whis 
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 12/18/2013, 8:54 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
brisallie wrote:As Lottie, I also wish him the best of luck :)before these tweets I had no idea he might had something more than a friendship with this boy, actually Oliver's sexuality wasn't even an issue for me.

I didn't know, care nor am I interested now. But it is a great and funny way to "confirm" a relationship. Especially between two men, as we all know, HW loves to hide them in the closet while claiming to be sooo liberal  dryy 

HW either loves hiding people in the closet, or label them. Yesterday I was seeing an interview of Adam Lambert, and he pointed out that is important for HW to know 'what' is the sexuality of people. So I'm glad Oliver isn't doing a great statement about this.

As regards Romy, I'm so glad she's leaving Glee. She deserves something better.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/18/2013, 8:58 pm

Nobody has yet given an out male actor a big leading romantic role in a rom com or anywhere else for that matter prior to coming out .  (Neal Patrick Harris, Zachary Quinto, Matt  Bomer, etc came out after their  breakout roles)

What's that, there's not that many publicly  out actors out there in the pool?

Thus the chicken and the egg argument...

Matt Bomer, Jonathan Groff, Cheyenne Jackson, Zachary Quinto,  etc, etc... where is that rom com  lead role now?
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 12/18/2013, 10:32 pm

Thankfully there are a lot more kinds of roles than straight male romantic leads in a romcom. I can't see that kind of part interesting Chris beyond the challenge of wanting to prove that he can pass, but those parts tend to be very boring ones. I can see him taking on many other kinds of roles and bringing a unique spin to them because he's so good at building up solid head canons.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/18/2013, 10:51 pm

To clarify: I think it's not so much the rom com role perse but what it would represent: that the perception of someone being gay wouldn't impact the audience or the bottom line of a project's financial viability. It would mean a shift in how HW views things.

It's sort of how the U.S. having a Black president was always a theoretical discussion/possibility until it actually happened.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 12/18/2013, 10:55 pm

I think that we'll see a gay actor playing a straight romantic lead role in the not too distant future for a simple reason - a lot of women have no issues with gay men and find certain gay actors extremely sexy and wish that they could be the ones to "change their minds". And being that romcoms are aimed primarily at a female audience, so I don't think it would hurt ticket sales. But as you said, a studio is going to have to pull up their big boy panties and take a chance by signing a gay actor for such a role.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 12/19/2013, 3:05 am

I know Chris has said in the past he wouldn't do a rom com, which I wouldn't want him to do anyway.

I know Chris was considered unconvential in the way he looks, but now that has changed and he does fit the typical look for a handsome leading man, I hope he follows in footsteps like actors, like Johnny Depp, Leonardo De Caprio.

I want him to do edgy roles, roles that are challenging.

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/19/2013, 3:30 am

I want Chris the opportunity to play the  full gamut of roles he may want  to play...

If he wants to play a serial killer, so be it,

If he wants to play gay man, so be it.

If want to play the straight leading man of  a rom com so be..

He's an actor , and if he's good for a role, he should get the shot and have his orientation not be an issue what so ever...

I don't think it's even a matter of what is considered "conventional good Looks", what does that even mean when such actors as Johnny Deep, Josepha Gordon Leavitt, Bruce Willis, Nicholas Cage, Will Smith, Ed Norton,  etc, can play the romantic lead in movies....I mean, I think Chris is far conventionally better looking than all of them..so I think that is a moot point..
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 12/19/2013, 4:04 am

Buenos wrote:I want Chris the opportunity to play the  full gamut of roles he may want  to play...

If he wants to play a serial killer, so be it,

If he wants to play gay man, so be it.

If want to play the straight leading man of  a rom com so be..

He's an actor , and if he's good for a role, he should get the shot and have his orientation not be an issue what so ever...

I don't think it's even a matter of what is considered "conventional good Looks", what does that even mean when such actors as Johnny Deep, Josepha Gordon Leavitt, Bruce Willis, Nicholas Cage, Will Smith, Ed Norton,  etc, can play the romantic lead in movies....I mean, I think Chris is far conventionally better looking than all of them..so I think that is a moot point..

I used to always see different ones bringing that up, and now I know that yes, it is a moot point, and shouldn't be brought up anymore.

And these other actors I would have said as well.

Rom com's have never been my favourite, I have always loved action, drama and sometimes horror.

But anything Chris is in I would watch as I love his acting, and he makes me care about the character he plays because he adds nuances and depth.

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 12/19/2013, 7:25 am

I want Chris to play roles with substance and that challenge him. I believe he will always carefully chose his parts and happlily agree to indie movies, if he really likes the script.  He is set for life, so money isn't his main motivator anymore. He is also an actor because for the love of the draft and not just the fame (even though I believe Chris happliy enjoys the perks). That is a major difference to many other young actors.

I don't care if his movies of choice are horror, suspense, romance, thriller, comedy, drama, sci-fi or fantasy. I trust his judgement and believe in case he'll ever do a rom-com, it will be one of the very few good ones.

Personally, I want to see a more grown-up movie. I loved SBL because we saw Chris in a totally different light without Glee- or LoS censor. I want him movie-wise to differentiate himself especially from LoS and Glee. HW loves to push actors in certain folders, and I refuse to see Chris only as the "gay" or "movie geared towards children" actor.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 12/19/2013, 11:22 am

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 4 Tumblr_my0p8ryyBi1qfqn2vo1_500

dryy

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 12/19/2013, 11:54 am

Gods, Ryan... could you be any more of a creep? vomit2
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next