Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5

+31
YaoiChick
comeonitslife
awesomenessthatischriscol
Nellya
ChrisColfersLightning
Ireth
MoviesAreLife
mindschemez
Divalicious
Georgette888
Porcelain
Kurt addict
coxfire
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Kurt Hummel
bayth
angelnessa
AnneNeville
tanita_mors
valkeakuulas
Jellyrolls
sheny
brisallie
fantastica
Glorfindel
ColferInspired
glimmerle
Buenos
Ranwing
Lottie2303
35 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 40 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5

Post  M&M 5/12/2014, 1:36 pm

Kristin from E! is reporting on Twitter that she will talk to Chris and Lea today at upfronts. Hmmm...
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 40 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5

Post  Lottie2303 5/12/2014, 1:49 pm

M&M wrote:Kristin from E! is reporting on Twitter that she will talk to Chris and Lea today at upfronts. Hmmm...

Not gonna says she is lying, but I will believe it when I see Chris. Maybe someone told Kristin she is about to interview the stars of Glee, she obviously will make a mistake.

I suspect he shows up anyway, but it would be sooo nice for Chris being absent.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/12/2014, 2:00 pm

Glee does not deserve to have Chris doing any PR work on their behalf. Not after the way he's been sidelined and disregarded by RM and his cronies. But Chris is a professional and if his presence at the upfronts has been requested, then I have no doubt that he will be there and do what he can for the promotion of the show.

This whole thing is providing me with so much... no pun intended... glee. To see everyone trying to cover their asses when this announcement is about as damning a statement possible about how badly Glee has been managed as you're ever going to see outside of an outright cancelation. There's no way to sugar-coat this.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/12/2014, 2:14 pm

Just because Glee is a mid season replacement,  the way I understand it, doesn't mean Glee doesn't start filming at their usual start time, it just means that the episodes won't air until 2015.

I"m trying to think about any mid season replacement show (not a Reality show like "American Idol" ) that got a full 22 episode order in the last few years and I can't think of any, Anyone recall  an example?

We'll find out sooner than later about the episode order.  If they do start filming in August it probably means 13-15 episodes tops.

There is no way that FOX could completely ignore that Glee was declining in numbers/ratings  and was limping to the end of this season.  Episode 5.18 flirted with .8 ratings and Chris episode confirmed that the downward spiral and indifference to Glee by the GA is entrenched and not going to be reversed.   It's a fact that Glee was FOX's lowest rated show left on the roster.  Depending how it's FOX schedule goes, Glee will be plugged in where FOX is bleeding in ratings and I would not be surprised if they get a shortened season Friday roster.

This announcement is a bare assed public whipping of RIB/Glee.  XFACTOR Is off the air and FOX needs to fill more slots with shows and Glee is pushed back to a mid season replacement?  OUCH.  It just shows that FOX has little faith Glee can regain any mojo,ratings/buzz/ or even demographic appeal.   Their budget is going to be slashed big time and all the idiots proclaiming that Glee's ratings were irrelevant have beyond egg on their faces

A declining show with .8 ratings is off the air for 7 months until 2015 and somehow the ratings are expected to increase or even maintain the current level?    Shocked  Shocked   FOX knows exactly what they are doing and essentially they are writing Glee off.  Period.  End of story.  FOX has other major priorities and if they do well in the fall, it makes Glee even more expedient.  Unless their shows fall off the track bringing in Glee could result in worse ratings.

FOX's Reilly saying they will sit and down and speak with Ryan Murphy about the episode order  is double speak IMO for "Fuck  no, The madman isn't spending any more of our  money for a full 22 episdoe order".   Glee may be finished filming by the end of January of next year, which means that 2015 will be a full slate year for Chris to start other projects, movies,  new TV series with Brian Fuller.   

It's not a bad situation for Chris actually, it gives him planning time for next year post Glee.  The episode order at the latest will be figured out I'm guessing once they start filming in July or August. Once again, an August filming schedule doesn't bode well for more than 13-15 episodes.   With a shortened season, I doubt any of the regulars will be "demoted" to less than that status though their actual appearances may be limited depending on who Ryan has a boner for that particular week.  His use of guest stars is going to be seriously curtailed.  If she can get complete sentences out of her mouth I"m guessing more Shirley McClaine;  of course for the series finale  of Glee it will  90 % La  Paltrow wasting screen time.  IOW, the same old, same old.

Jane is in the best position, she has a regular gig on NBC with her game show which for the shoe string budget it operates on could run for years , and she can still make a few "guest" appearances on Glee.  I feel bad for Matt Morrison because it's obvious he was chomping to get back to Broadway but Glee won't let him go because they need him for their big send off , even if he's SL is marginal.  Poor Matt.   :(   

At this point I'd rather they let Naya go, she's obviously not going to get any SL's of her own, so why not allow her to look for other projects/ventures.  I think she has appeal and as a Latina she is part of a growing demographic.  I suspect she'll do fine.

For a weird reason, I think this will all work out nicely for Chris.   Razz  Razz

ETA:  "24" was a show that got that full episode order, of course per the structure of that show it had to run consecutively for all those weeks so it made sense.

Last edited by Buenos on 5/12/2014, 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/12/2014, 3:36 pm

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 40 Tumblr_n5h4oqMVBt1qe476yo1_500

Told ya so.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/12/2014, 3:55 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 40 Tumblr_n5h4oqMVBt1qe476yo1_500

Told ya so.
I hope he does not show up at all.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/12/2014, 3:59 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 40 Tumblr_n5h4oqMVBt1qe476yo1_500

Told ya so.

I'm rather glad. Chris has better things to do with his time. Like continuing his plot for world domination while posting adorable pictures of pets on the internet.

There is a part of me... a very dark, malicious part... that is taking an enormous amount of pleasure at this news hitting right when Daleastreet is supposed to be getting all this attention. Instead of talking abought this new power group and how their storyline is going to dominate next season, all anyone is going to be talking about is that FOX is basically throwing the show a pity mini-season.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/12/2014, 4:47 pm

Chris Colfer on Glee Controversy: I'm Just Too Old for Drama

Chris Colfer leaves the headline-making to his costars. 
The Glee star, 23, told PEOPLE on Friday that he makes “a great deal of effort” to stay out of the controversy that some of his cast mates have unfortunately been unable to avoid. 

"It’s really sad," he said. "I’ve seen some of my closest friends on Glee go through where these horrible things are written about them and none of it is true, but some reporter wants to get a hit, they say so-and-so is a raging bitch.” 

Most recently, Colfer’s allegedly fired costar Naya Rivera has been in the news for apparent bad behavior on set – a matter the actor said he’d “rather not” discuss. 

But when it comes to his own life, “I just mind my own business, really,” he said. “I don’t want to say life is too short for drama, but I think I’m just too old for drama. I’d rather go home and be with my cat and my dog than start a war with someone.” 

As far as on-set tension goes in general, the upcoming Hot in Cleveland guest star said, “It’s really unfortunate. There’s almost no point in ever clearing anything because people are just going to write what they want.” 

"People have written fake stories about me dying before because they know it’s a guarantee hit on their link,” he said. “No matter what I say, people are going to take it and spin it. Everyone clicks on that link as opposed to, ‘Ooh, check out Chris Colfer’s children’s series.’ No one wants to click on that.”
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/12/2014, 4:54 pm

M&M wrote:Kristin from E! is reporting on Twitter that she will talk to Chris and Lea today at upfronts. Hmmm...
General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 40 Tumblr_n5h83xk79L1r34efro1_500

Well, that solves that mystery.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/12/2014, 4:58 pm

Glorfindel wrote:

The Glee star, 23, told PEOPLE on Friday that he makes “a great deal of effort” to stay out of the controversy that some of his cast mates have unfortunately been unable to avoid. 

"It’s really sad," he said. "I’ve seen some of my closest friends on Glee go through where these horrible things are written about them and none of it is true, but some reporter wants to get a hit, they say so-and-so is a raging bitch.” 

Most recently, Colfer’s allegedly fired costar Naya Rivera has been in the news for apparent bad behavior on set – a matter the actor said he’d “rather not” discuss. 

But when it comes to his own life, “I just mind my own business, really,” he said. “I don’t want to say life is too short for drama, but I think I’m just too old for drama. I’d rather go home and be with my cat and my dog than start a war with someone.” 

As far as on-set tension goes in general, the upcoming Hot in Cleveland guest star said, “It’s really unfortunate. There’s almost no point in ever clearing anything because people are just going to write what they want.” 

"People have written fake stories about me dying before because they know it’s a guarantee hit on their link,” he said. “No matter what I say, people are going to take it and spin it. Everyone clicks on that link as opposed to, ‘Ooh, check out Chris Colfer’s children’s series.’ No one wants to click on that.”
x

I know why I love Chris. Still, he refuses to interfere about the Naya debacle. But it is not his business anyway, no matter the truth, so I am happy he stays out of it.

Very, very happy Chris is not part of the Upfronts for sure now.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/12/2014, 5:44 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:

It's really for the best, why have Chris pretend that Glee has a genuine interest in Kurt as a character?  It's pretty obvious there are no pressing stories for Kurt as an individual character anymore until the season ends.

With Glee a lame duck there is no more pretense that RIB is invested in his character at all.   Things are now out in the open.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/12/2014, 5:52 pm

I'm not gonna lie... I'm very angry that Chris and Kurt are being disregarded by RIB in favor of Daleastreet. Chris deserves a whole lot better, but in the end he's been well served by Glee. He's gotten a huge amount of critical acclaim and has had doors opened for him that no one else in the cast can boast. Given that Glee is so deteriorated that the network is openly talking about a reduced order for the final season (on top of having Glee come back as a mid-season replacement), I want Chris to start cutting ties.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/12/2014, 5:56 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 40 Tumblr_n5h83xk79L1r34efro1_500

Well, that solves that mystery.

Long time ago I realized she's not a trustful source, she has this tendency to mix up things. Still I can't deny I was slightly excited that Chris was there, as I wanted lots of pic. But I agree, he has better things to do at home, like petting Cooper and Brian, or keep working on whatever project he's planning.
And as for this (not so) surprising announcements, I'm trying to hold my happines as I don't hate Chord and Lea, but I'm sorry I can't. For me this was a big slap on Ryan's ego, here are the consequences trollphy...I'm sorry "ryry". That gif of Finn saying "isn't a wonderful day?" would be perfect now. I'm sorry if I'm being cruel.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/12/2014, 6:09 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

x

I know why I love Chris. Still, he refuses to interfere about the Naya debacle. But it is not his business anyway, no matter the truth, so I am happy he stays out of it.

chris is a smart boy. getting tangled up in fights are dumn. i have the same attitude, and i never get involved in office politics etc. i also go home to curl up w/ my cat and loved ones. It's true that people are more interested in juice gossip than one's actual work, but i guess it's part of human nature, and i myself have that flaw too.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/12/2014, 6:11 pm

fox upfront doesn't mean a thing. it's actually better in that it will save someone the tendenitis of posting tons of red carpet picture and multiple versions of 4 second video interviews that basically say the same thing again and again.

since glee won't be back until next year, i do hope hope hope so much that chris can do NBC's peter pan. yeah, i know it's like wishing for me to win the lottery kind of thing, but a girl can dream, until the dream is shattered by an official announcement.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/12/2014, 6:16 pm

I don't know is because CW isnt't an important network, but I remember in the case of Gossip Girl, the episodes were also cut and ended in December. Can't be the same situation for Glee? Sorry if I'm asking something silly, but I'm not well informed how it works the US television.

-------

https://chriscolferfanforum.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=594
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40