Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

+31
JamieRulz
Porcelain
Kurt addict
Divalicious
Delight
mindschemez
msjoanlucette
valkeakuulas
Georgette888
ladydianab
opals
sheny
Jellyrolls
coxfire
ChrisColferFan1
angelnessa
ColdFlame96
Piciollina
MoviesAreLife
Ireth
Kurt Hummel
Glorfindel
tanita_mors
Ranwing
bayth
brisallie
fantastica
Lottie2303
ColferInspired
arina
Buenos
35 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 9 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

Post  brisallie 11/15/2013, 9:53 pm

Yay for Chris performing at Trevor Live!

Lottie2303 wrote:Generally speaking, is Chris a tea or coffee drinker? This is an important question and needs an answer whis 
Neither. I think he's totally loyal to his truly love Diet Coke.

P.S These days I've been drinking so much coffee, if not I fall asleep.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 9 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

Post  ColferInspired 11/18/2013, 8:12 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 9 Tumblr_mwgcyceUM91qg587mo1_500

The Land of Stories: The Enchantress Returns made it to the Final Round of Goodreads’ Best Books of 2013!! Vote!!!
http://www.goodreads.com/choiceawards/best-childrens-books-2013
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/18/2013, 11:50 pm

Chris was interviewed about Amber during Dancing with the Stars tonight. Just a quick one liner, but still. I'm sure it will be posted on the Amber on DWTS thread later.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/19/2013, 6:57 am

^Just did that. fanny2 

But for all you lazy ladies, here it is also:

Chris is at 2.25.
There's also a bit of Kevin McHale and Ryan Murphy.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 9 Tumblr_mwhz1yPI331rk63wco1_r2_250   Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 9 Tumblr_mwhz1yPI331rk63wco4_r1_250

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 9 Tumblr_mwhz1yPI331rk63wco3_r4_250  Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 9 Tumblr_mwhz1yPI331rk63wco2_r1_250
When I saw her dance, I was just so unsurprised. She can move, and she is not afraid to move. I mean, she is amazing.
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 11/20/2013, 5:38 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 9 Tumblr_mwkw84d1461qc5tzmo1_500

Just when I was exited about something they had to ruin it.  Chris was moved from performances to appearances and Adam Lambert and Cheyanne Jackson were added instead of him. I like Becca but why the heck is she performing but Chris isn't., she is not even that popular. (sigh) It can always turn worse if they let DC sing again this year.

Last edited by sheny on 11/20/2013, 5:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 11/20/2013, 5:53 pm

sheny wrote:Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 9 Tumblr_mwkw84d1461qc5tzmo1_500

Just when I was exited about something they had to ruin it.  Chris was moved from performances to appearances and Adam Lambert and Cheyanne Jackson were added instead of him. I like Becca but why the heck is she performing but Chris isn't. She is not even that popular. (sigh) It can always turn worse if they let DC sing again this year.
I'm glad they're letting more of the actual gay people perform, but seriously? Why was it necessary to cut Chris out when there were 2 other straight people who were performing as well? I'm getting really sick of these LGBT-exclusive groups creaming themselves over the straight allies.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 11/20/2013, 5:58 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
I'm glad they're letting more of the actual gay people perform, but seriously? Why was it necessary to cut Chris out when there were 2 other straight people who were performing as well? I'm getting really sick of these LGBT-exclusive groups creaming themselves over the straight allies.
Someone asked Trevor about Chris' role in the show and that's what they answered:

“Adam Shankman (who is directing the show), hasn’t decided exactly how he wants to weave Chris into the show. So he asked we list him as appearing. He may perform but he didn’t want to guarantee it just yet.”

He may still perform but I won't get my hopes up.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 11/20/2013, 6:02 pm

sheny wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
Someone asked Trevor about Chris' role in the show and that's what they answered:

“Adam Shankman (who is directing the show), hasn’t decided exactly how he wants to weave Chris into the show. So he asked we list him as appearing. He may perform but he didn’t want to guarantee it just yet.”

Okay that's better than just cutting him entirely, but if they didn't know for sure, then why did they list him in the first place? Now they've just unintentionally irritated a bunch of fans.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/20/2013, 6:29 pm

sheny wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:

Nor will I. Not after the way he was treated so badly last year. This is a cause that Chris very much believes in and if there is anyone who is an example of overcoming bullying as a teen, it's Chris. They should be showcasing him, not sticking him into small supporting positions. Especially given that they are honoring an actress that he's worked several years with.

And they're still listing Becca to perform? Seriously? It's not as if she's such an amazing singer who has legions of fans. Adam I am glad to see performing, and Cheyenne Jackson is also a good gay performer. Megan Hiltey is an amazing perfomer and I understand why they would pick her. But Becca?

I used to love Adam Shankman, but now I'm lumping him with RM as an idiot who doesn't have the good sense to recognize what an amazing resourse and talent Chris is and using him as he deserves.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/20/2013, 8:05 pm

I just sent a series of tweets to Adam Shankman:

Please consider sending a polite tweet to Adam and express you hope that Chris will find his way back as a performer.

As for Becca performing, I have to wonder if Uncle Ry Ry had some pull in getting her on the performing lineup. He knows she is the newbie the fans seem most receptive too. I wonder if he twisted Adam's arm a bit to get Becca on the lineup.

And as for Adam, one more thing I'll say is I hope he isn't dumb enough to make Darren a performer over Chris at this show because he would definitely hear about that from the Kurtsies.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 11/20/2013, 8:18 pm

banzai But didn't he already fuck over Chris last year in favor of Darren? What's to stop him from screwing him over again this year?
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/20/2013, 8:22 pm

I'm not sure what went down year, but my point is since they already listed Chris as a performer, and then switched him down to appearing, if he elevates Darren to performing again this year, Chris' fans will not be happy.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 11/20/2013, 8:35 pm

You know performance could also be acting. Let them do a comedy sketch, Jane is known for her comedic work. Fox's last years "too lame" Xmas episode was directed by Shankman right? Is he doing the Chrismas one this year?

But isn't this Trevor thing like in week or two weeks from now and they still don't have the program ready? Isn't anything being planned before blurting things out in the open anymore?!
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/20/2013, 8:49 pm

appearance if not performing simply means standing on the stage announcing somebody like he did before. performance doesn't have to be singing but did they have anything else other than singing, dancing, playing instruments and such in the past?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/20/2013, 9:13 pm

Chris has never ever sang live outside of a Glee connection since the show started in 2009. The last time was the a Glee summer tour in August 2011.

It's possible that Chris never committed to singing, in fact I would spec that is the most likely scenario.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/20/2013, 9:17 pm

i think chris is a lot more confident now and i don't think he's afraid to sing at all. he offered to perform last year. i doubt he offered to recite poetry.

i guess the people who are in charge wasn't sure chris' vocal would be mainstream enough so they are hesitant to let him sing. Becca... yeah she has a "normal" (in other words boring) voice so she is ok.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/20/2013, 9:25 pm

fantastica wrote:i think chris is a lot more confident now and i don't think he's afraid to sing at all. he offered to perform last year. i doubt he offered to recite poetry.

i guess the people who are in charge wasn't sure chris' vocal would be mainstream enough so they are hesitant to let him sing. Becca... yeah she has a "normal" (in other words boring) voice so she is ok.

His offering to perform last year was never confirmed, it was all a tumblr source that nobody verified, including Chris in any interview. So we have no way of knowing if it was accurate or not.

My opinion: Sorry but Chris is popular enough that if he wanted to sing they wouldn't turn him down; I get tired of the un verified rumors that he gets turned down for not being mainstream. His fans shouldn't perpetuate those rumors IMO. It's not like Adam Lambert is mainstream.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/20/2013, 10:11 pm

i dont' think his offer to sing last year was a mere rumor. i can't find the source but i was pretty sure it either he said it or someone said he said it. i don't remember all the details. i don't remember it being a mere "rumor".

it's really no big deal. he will either sing or not sing. we don't know the politics that goes into the selection of who performs and who doesn't. everything is business. nothing is all that innocent. we honestly don't know so let's just wait and see what happens.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/20/2013, 10:19 pm

Buenos wrote:His offering to perform last year was never confirmed, it was all a tumblr source that nobody verified, including Chris in any interview. So we have no way of knowing if it was accurate or not.

My opinion: Sorry but Chris is popular enough that if he wanted to sing they wouldn't turn him down; I get tired of the un verified rumors that he gets turned down for not being mainstream. His fans shouldn't perpetuate those rumors IMO. It's not like Adam Lambert is mainstream.
I already wrote this on another forum, but I'll repeat it here:

According to a fan Chris has said he offered to perform last year (and I know it's just a fan's account, but why would they make that up?). And Chris also said that he was working on getting over his nerves to sing live, so he can be on Broadway some day. What better way to work on overcoming your nerves to sing live than.....to sing live?

We don't know what's happening and why it's happening. But we know that Chris was listed as a performer a few days ago, and why would they do that if they hadn't had some kind of confirmation on that?
I don't want to speculate that they hate Chris for some reason or think he's not mainstream enough to sing in public, as I've seen some others do, but I also don't like to see other people speculate that this is the result of Chris not wanting to perform.
This echoes back to the 'sex' scene in TFT, when people assumed that Chris was not comfortable being shirtless, when it turned out that he offered to go shirtless himself and they turned him down.

I've seen the "Chris doesn't like to sing (live)" excuse used quite a few times too many, and usually by fans of other people who wanted to justify why their fave did get to sing when Chris was sidelined.
To quote you yourself: "His fans shouldn't perpetuate those rumors IMO."
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/20/2013, 10:39 pm

Now it looks like they're replacing Becca as a performer with Amber. That makes marginally more sense, as Amber is riding a wave of publicity from DWTS, but they're still replacing a straight performer with another straight performer.

Frankly, if I were in charge of a large charitable organization looking to stage one of its most high profile events of the year and two weeks out my director was still fiddling about with who was performing and promoting/demoting talent, I would be firing him. I used to like Adam Shankman a lot, but this is just so badly done and unprofessional and disrespectful to the actors and singers who are willing to help this organization.

It just makes no sense when you consider that of all the celebrities associated with this event, no one exemplifies what the Trevor Project is about better than Chris. A young openly gay actor who has a long history of being bullied and who has overcome that. Even if we completely disassociate all of Chris's professional accomplishments, it can't be denied that he's a living, breathing example to all those at risk LGBT youth. To not take advantage of his good will and utilize him is sheer idiocy.

One thing I am confident about is that no matter what role they decide to give Chris to play I this show, Chris will do it with grace and dignity. Because unlike some (who I won't bother to name here), Chris recognizes that this event is not about him and he is there to serve a far greater cause.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 11/20/2013, 11:09 pm

Ranwing wrote:Now it looks like they're replacing Becca as a performer with Amber. That makes marginally more sense, as Amber is riding a wave of publicity from DWTS, but they're still replacing a straight performer with another straight performer.

Frankly, if I were in charge of a large charitable organization looking to stage one of its most high profile events of the year and two weeks out my director was still fiddling about with who was performing and promoting/demoting talent, I would be firing him. I used to like Adam Shankman a lot, but this is just so badly done and unprofessional and disrespectful to the actors and singers who are willing to help this organization.

It just makes no sense when you consider that of all the celebrities associated with this event, no one exemplifies what the Trevor Project is about better than Chris. A young openly gay actor who has a long history of being bullied and who has overcome that. Even if we completely disassociate all of Chris's professional accomplishments, it can't be denied that he's a living, breathing example to all those at risk LGBT youth. To not take advantage of his good will and utilize him is sheer idiocy.

One thing I am confident about is that no matter what role they decide to give Chris to play I this show, Chris will do it with grace and dignity. Because unlike some (who I won't bother to name here), Chris recognizes that this event is not about him and he is there to serve a far greater cause.
Agreed with all of this, except for the straight performer replacing a straight performer part. We don't really know what Becca and Amber identify as, so we shouldn't assume things. Amber I'm pretty sure is straight, but Becca? I don't think that's ever been confirmed with her. You don't have to be gay to be part of the community.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/21/2013, 1:02 am

Amber Riley to perform at TrevorLIVE Benefit

The Performers: Adam Lambert, Megan Hilty, Amber Riley, Cheyenne Jackson are scheduled to perform during the gala fundraiser.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/21/2013, 1:14 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Buenos wrote:His offering to perform last year was never confirmed, it was all a tumblr source that nobody verified, including Chris in any interview. So we have no way of knowing if it was accurate or not.

I already wrote this on another forum, but I'll repeat it here:

According to a fan Chris has said he offered to perform last year (and I know it's just a fan's account, but why would they make that up?). And Chris also said that he was working on getting over his nerves to sing live, so he can be on Broadway some day. What better way to work on overcoming your nerves to sing live than.....to sing live?

We don't know what's happening and why it's happening. But we know that Chris was listed as a performer a few days ago, and why would they do that if they hadn't had some kind of confirmation on that?
I don't want to speculate that they hate Chris for some reason or think he's not mainstream enough to sing in public, as I've seen some others do, but I also don't like to see other people speculate that this is the result of Chris not wanting to perform.
This echoes back to the 'sex' scene in TFT, when people assumed that Chris was not comfortable being shirtless, when it turned out that he offered to go shirtless himself and they turned him down.

I've seen the "Chris doesn't like to sing (live)" excuse used quite a few times too many, and usually by fans of other people who wanted to justify why their fave did get to sing when Chris was sidelined.
To quote you yourself: "His fans shouldn't perpetuate those rumors IMO."
Sorry but Chris HIMSELF has said he doesn't like or is comfortable singing live as himself.

That is different then saying he doesn't want to sing as Kurt on Glee. The second example we have verifiable evidence, his interviews, which shows he is willing to sing as Kurt on Glee and enjoys it. So I agree it's bullshit not giving him songs to sing as Kurt as far as Chris not wanting to perform as Kurt.

Now for a different scenario: Chris has not sang live on his own EVER since he came out on Glee. EVER. He's sang as Kurt including the last time in the summer of 2011. That is over two years ago.

To repeat:
Chris has said in several occasions he is not comfortable singing live.
He has never sang live as Chis Colfer
So to say he might never have been committed to SING on Trevor Live is not perpetuating a rumor, it's a speculation based upon his past record.

As to last year:

I"m not saying the fan was lying, but It's desengenous to say because a fan on Tumblr had no incentive to say something they that there fore it's accurate and true . It could be, but that's hardly evidence for what I think is a pretty serious accusation to fling at Trevor Live.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/21/2013, 1:31 am

Speaking of Chris and his preference to not sing live at least is as Kurt Hummel, I also remember he said in a radio interview that he likes to sing in Glee because if gives him some theatrical background that he appreciates a lot. He even joked that his videos will probably be like short-length movies.

Going back to Trevor Live, I can't deny that I'm someone who I like to sing performing at ths event, because I sort of find unfair that someone who supports this cause as much as he does, haven't had the opportunity to performer as some as his co-starts had done before. But also I believe is up to him if he performs or not, if he feels comfortable with it. And also I think is better to calm down and wait for the event, and see what actually happen.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/21/2013, 1:58 am

“Jane Lynch, Kathy Griffin, Darren Criss, Naya Rivera, Adam Lambert, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Hannah Simone, Allison Janney and Adam Shankman are among those slated for interviews during the red carpet pre-show.”
—  Star-Studded TrevorLIVE Benefit to Honor Jane Lynch (SocietyNewsLA.com)
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next