Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread

+23
Delight
sheny
jaime20
valkeakuulas
bayth
Buenos
Glorfindel
Ireth
coxfire
Lottie2303
arina
ColdFlame96
murasaki1
fantastica
ladydianab
AnneNeville
brisallie
TimF
ColferInspired
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
27 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap73%5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 73% 
[ 16 ]
5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap23%5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 5 ]
5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 22

5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 10/10/2013, 10:42 pm

No Surrender is just so perfect for Puck and Finn.

I feel kind of bad for drummer dude who always stood behind Finn to take over on the drums.

I hope that Kurt doesn't let Santana keep the jacket.

I always like when they humanize Sue like this. She is so evil in so many ways, but she does have a good heart under there.

Rachel. She's here earlier than I expected.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  AnneNeville 10/10/2013, 10:43 pm

Ranwing wrote:Am starting to get a sense of why Kurt isn't singing in this ep (and it's not because the showrunners are asses and forget about him half the time). Kurt is already very familiar with dealing with loss. He lost his mother. He nearly lost his father. Death has been a part of Kurt's life for a long time. But for most of his friends, this is not only likely the first time they're really dealing with death, but it's the death of a peer. Having someone your age dying is always going to shake you up. It's a harsh reminder of your own mortality.
It's a good point. But Kurt hasn't lost a peer before, either, has he? I clearly remember every time I lost a peer (twice in high school, once right after college, and once when I was 28).

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/10/2013, 10:44 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
ladydianab wrote:If they take the jacket away from Kurt !!!! That is not acceptable. He can give it away to be framed but only if he decides to.
Was the jacket stolen, or was that a ridiculous rumor?
Kurt put it on Santana's shoulders, and now it's missing. She went for a nap in the nurse's office, and hung it up, and now it's gone.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 10/10/2013, 10:44 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
ladydianab wrote:If they take the jacket away from Kurt !!!! That is not acceptable. He can give it away to be framed but only if he decides to.
Kurt put it on Santana's shoulders, and now it's missing.  She went for a nap in the nurse's office, and hung it up, and now it's gone.
Ah, so it is a plot point--it's just not what brought the crew back to Lima. Gotcha.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/10/2013, 10:46 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
Kurt put it on Santana's shoulders, and now it's missing.  She went for a nap in the nurse's office, and hung it up, and now it's gone.
Do they have any idea who could have taken it? Did it showed the jacket being taken?
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/10/2013, 10:50 pm

It makes me feel sad seeing Rachel singing like this, because I only think that is actually Lea expressing her sorrow feelings :(

And is only me or Santana is been prominent in this episode?

I love Puck and Bestie friendship
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/10/2013, 10:51 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
Ranwing wrote:Am starting to get a sense of why Kurt isn't singing in this ep (and it's not because the showrunners are asses and forget about him half the time). Kurt is already very familiar with dealing with loss. He lost his mother. He nearly lost his father. Death has been a part of Kurt's life for a long time. But for most of his friends, this is not only likely the first time they're really dealing with death, but it's the death of a peer. Having someone your age dying is always going to shake you up. It's a harsh reminder of your own mortality.
It's a good point. But Kurt hasn't lost a peer before, either, has he? I clearly remember every time I lost a peer (twice in high school, once right after college, and once when I was 28).
I lost a friend when I was about 14 the first time. it's the time when you recognize that death isn't just for the old. And as I get older, it doesn't get easier, but I've reached a point where I only see death as part of the natural cycle of life. Even when it happens far too soon.

One thing I've noticed is that no one is really reaching out to Kurt (though Blaine just took his hand). Everyone is getting comforted by someone, but Kurt has been mostly dealing with this on his own and he's lost his brother. I don't think that's really registering with anyone because they're all so caught up in their own grief. He's so much stronger than they are.

Last edited by Ranwing on 10/10/2013, 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/10/2013, 10:52 pm

It's kind of weird that they have Rachel dressed like old Rachel. It reminds me of the outfit she wore in that awful duet they did in Duets. Actually, maybe they have her dressed like the old Rachel because that's how she sees herself with Finn--not as NY Rachel, but sweet, innocent Lima Rachel because NY Rachel was never really Finn's Rachel.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 10/10/2013, 10:53 pm

I bet that Rachel has the jacket
Okay, I did not see that coming. Mr Schu

Last edited by ladydianab on 10/10/2013, 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/10/2013, 10:53 pm

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
Do they have any idea who could have taken it? Did it showed the jacket  being taken?
They haven't said. I don't know why, but I suspect Mr. Shue took it.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/10/2013, 10:54 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:It's kind of weird that they have Rachel dressed like old Rachel.  It reminds me of the outfit she wore in that awful duet they did in Duets. Actually, maybe they have her dressed like the old Rachel because that's how she sees herself with Finn--not as NY Rachel, but sweet, innocent Lima Rachel because NY Rachel was never really Finn's Rachel.

That's a very good observation Smile. Also it took me by surprise that she was wearing her old clothing, but what you said it makes sense.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 10/10/2013, 10:54 pm

At this point in the story, if Schue hasn't cried, it almost certainly has to be him so he can cap the episode by crying over the jacket.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/10/2013, 10:56 pm

ladydianab wrote:I bet that Rachel has the jacket
I have not seen the episode yet,but will sometime tomrrow,but would not be surprise if you are right.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/10/2013, 10:57 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
ChrisColferFan1 wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
Do they have any idea who could have taken it? Did it showed the jacket  being taken?
They haven't said.  I don't know why, but I suspect Mr. Shue took it.
Okay,thank you. You may be right.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/10/2013, 10:57 pm

Ranwing wrote:One thing I've noticed is that no one is really reaching out to Kurt (though Blaine just took his hand). Everyone is getting comforted by someone, but Kurt has been mostly dealing with this on his own and he's lost his brother. I don't think that's really registering with anyone because they're all so caught up in their own grief. He's so much stronger than they are.
I noticed that too. I was actually a bit surprised that Blaine wasn't sitting near Kurt at all before Rachel's solo. You'd think he'd be next to his fiancee supporting him.

But strength is part of Kurt, and him internalizing things is too. It would be typical for Kurt to not want people to worry about him, and it makes sense that he would be there for everyone else.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/10/2013, 11:00 pm

So, we finally know where's jacket o.o, and though we know what an important friend was Finn to Will. Still I want him to return the jacket.

Last edited by brisallie on 10/10/2013, 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/10/2013, 11:00 pm

Kevin in the PSA was one of the toughest parts of the episode.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 10/10/2013, 11:01 pm

brisallie wrote:So, we finally know where's jacket o.o, and though we know what an important friend was Finn to Will. Still I want him to return the jacket.
So it was Schue? Thought so . . . did the episode end with him alone and crying over it? Wasn't even watching and the setup was obvious. dryy 

Last edited by AnneNeville on 10/10/2013, 11:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  TimF 10/10/2013, 11:02 pm

I normally can't stand Mr. Shue, but god did I just want to hug him in the end. His tortured crying was just...crycry 
TimF
TimF
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/10/2013, 11:05 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
brisallie wrote:So, we finally know where's jacket o.o, and though we know what an important friend was Finn to Will. Still I want him to return the jacket.
So it was Schue? Thought so . . . did the episode end with him alone and crying over it?
I missed a second, but I think the answer is yes.

I've to confess that sometimes is hard for me to accept that Cory is gone, but after this episode, it hitted on me strongly that we won't see him again on the screen. :(
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/10/2013, 11:07 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
So it was Schue? Thought so . . . did the episode end with him alone and crying over it? Wasn't even watching and the setup was obvious. dryy 
Yes, that was how it ended.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/10/2013, 11:22 pm

Minus the absence of Quinn (which really is noticeable) I think that the ep did Cory and Finn's memory justice. I have my quibbles, but they're minor ones and not worth really bringing up until we've all had a chance to absorb this.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 10/10/2013, 11:23 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
Ranwing wrote:One thing I've noticed is that no one is really reaching out to Kurt (though Blaine just took his hand). Everyone is getting comforted by someone, but Kurt has been mostly dealing with this on his own and he's lost his brother. I don't think that's really registering with anyone because they're all so caught up in their own grief. He's so much stronger than they are.
I noticed that too.  I was actually a bit surprised that Blaine wasn't sitting near Kurt at all before Rachel's solo.  You'd think he'd be next to his fiancee supporting him.

But strength is part of Kurt, and him internalizing things is too.  It would be typical for Kurt to not want people to worry about him, and it makes sense that he would be there for everyone else.
I also noticed that Blaine was not close to Kurt until the end. As his fiance, you would think they would at least have sat next to each other, hug etc. But..then again, even though everyone was in character they were also themselves grieving. Either way, it was an excellent show and done well to honor Cory's memory.
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/10/2013, 11:52 pm

Still I'm not so ready to express what I felt, but I want to say that some scenes that Santana had, I'd have preferred seeing Quinn instead. I think it would have been more real.

P.S As I got late, I searched the episode online and I had to stop it because the beginning with Seasons of Love already broke me down. For me that moment is the Glee Cast saying goodbye to Cory crycry 
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/11/2013, 12:56 am

when was season of love sung? i didn't hear it at all.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next