Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread

+23
Delight
sheny
jaime20
valkeakuulas
bayth
Buenos
Glorfindel
Ireth
coxfire
Lottie2303
arina
ColdFlame96
murasaki1
fantastica
ladydianab
AnneNeville
brisallie
TimF
ColferInspired
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
27 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap73%5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 73% 
[ 16 ]
5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap23%5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 5 ]
5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap4%5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap0%5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap0%5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 22

5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread Empty 5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  tanita_mors 10/7/2013, 1:13 pm

" The Quarterback "

5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread Tumblr_mu9efbRl7B1qc8yv3o1_1381082951_cover

In the wake of Finn’s sudden death, former members of New Directions return to McKinley to remember their fallen friend. While a stoic Mr. Schue encourages all the gleeks to “memorialize him the way we do everything – by singing about it,” some of the kids find the exercise more cathartic than others. At the Hudson-Hummel home, Kurt, Burt and Carole sort through Finn’s belongings and what begins as a somber occasion blossoms into a poignant and much needed family moment. Meanwhile, Emma grows concerned when she believes Will is so busy taking care of others that he’s not allowing himself time to grieve; Santana struggles with using her “bitch” mask to hide her fond feelings for Finn, and has a run in with Bree, McKinley’s "New Santana"; and following a heart-to-heart with Coach Beiste, Puck honors Finn’s memory by making a life-changing decision about his future.
A final goodbye to a character who made us smile, laugh, sing and cry and hopefully a beautiful and worthy tribute for a wonderful man who is sadly no longer with us. Rest in peace Cory.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread Empty Re: 5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 10/10/2013, 10:00 pm

Here we go.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread Empty Re: 5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Ranwing 10/10/2013, 10:02 pm

This is going to be a bad hour. I'm already tearing up and we're not even through the first song.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/10/2013, 10:03 pm

Is anyone watch this live? I am not watching it live,but am recording it to watch sometime tomrrow.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/10/2013, 10:04 pm

I will be waiting for a download later today.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/10/2013, 10:06 pm

I'm here. Really not sure how I feel bout all this.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/10/2013, 10:06 pm

This may be the only episode I will watch for sure this season.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/10/2013, 10:09 pm

Chris's voice over was just... gut wrenching. I get that this is his pain as much as Kurt's but he channeled it so perfectly into how Kurt responds to these kind of events. Stoic, a bit insular and just keeping his pain inside. It's how he's always dealt with things that were out of his control and I'm glad that he's able to stay in character so well.

Lots of close ups of Kurt during Mercedes's solo.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/10/2013, 10:15 pm

I didn't expect a cold open of SOL, and I didn't expect the McKinley people to be singing it.

It was Mark singing the bridges line. You know, I hate to say it tonight, but you can really tell the difference in the good actors and the weaker actors looking at the faces during seasons of love.

Oh, they did use the glee with Cory title card.

Kurt, honey, gosh, I want to hug him.

I have to say this three week time between his funeral and the memorial service is weird. It's kind of creepy that everyone is so distraught three weeks later, even those who weren't close to them.

I'll stand by you is really pretty, but Amber sounds so different on it.

Wait, someone stole the tree? Puck stole the tree.

OMG, Finn had the faggy lamp. Kurt holding Finn's brush. The jacket.

The hug. I can't.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/10/2013, 10:16 pm

Oh gods... the scene with Burt, Carol and Kurt... now I'm officially crying.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  TimF 10/10/2013, 10:18 pm

The Hudmel scene was heart wrenching torture. crycry 
TimF
TimF
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/10/2013, 10:19 pm

I just got home and I'm watching Artie and Sam duet, I already feel sad

"New Santana Lopez", even Glee is making fun Bree is Santana 2.0

Last edited by brisallie on 10/10/2013, 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 10/10/2013, 10:20 pm

Are they using old footage, too? From previous episodes?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/10/2013, 10:24 pm

They're using very small snippets, but not big flashbacks. In a way that's a good thing because it's focusing on the now and not just making this a trip down memory road.

Kurt has really grown himself a set of balls for standing up to Puck over keeping Finn's jacket. I think if Puck had tried to press the point, Kurt would have ripped his head off.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/10/2013, 10:24 pm

I didn't like Fire & Rain that much when I first heard it, but as I've listened to it more, it's really grown on me. Kevin sound so good on it, and and I think really like the way Kevin and Chord's voices sound together.

Dotty is a cheerio?

Wow. Santana yelling at Sue. That was bizzare.

The Tina thing is weird too. That was kind of pointless.

I can relate to what Will is going through. I was like Will when my mom died. I was the one in my family who kept it together for everyone. I had a moment or two, but I was strong for everyone else.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  TimF 10/10/2013, 10:25 pm

Did they seriously make Tina the butt of a joke while grieving? That was incredibly offensive to me.
TimF
TimF
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 10/10/2013, 10:26 pm

I actually expected old footage. But, not yet. Wow! This is heavy.
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/10/2013, 10:27 pm

Ranwing wrote:Oh gods... the scene with Burt, Carol and Kurt... now I'm officially crying.
TimF wrote:The Hudmel scene was heart wrenching torture. crycry 
That scene was tough. They all really conveyed the emotion. I still can't get over Kurt holding the brush and wearing the jacket.

After my mom died, I gave her sister a polar fleece jacket I had given my mom the Christmas before, and now, nearly 10 years later, my aunt still wears it. She found a stray hair of my mom's on the jacket, and put it in a container to keep it.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/10/2013, 10:34 pm

Kurtana moment :(wub 

I didn't expect Santana would have an anxiety attack, and is still weird for me seeing her so terribly sad.

Last edited by brisallie on 10/10/2013, 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/10/2013, 10:34 pm

Finn really was Puck's only friend, wasn't he? Puck jsut had Finn and his string of women.

Santana's speech was weird, but I guess it was honest for her. It's weird that Santana freaked out. But why did Mike go to her? That is strange.

The Kurtana scene. That was unexpected.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/10/2013, 10:36 pm

I'm not sure how I feel about Santana here... her feelings about Finn's death just seem strangely out of place for her. But that scene between her and Kurt was lovely. Didn't like IIDY... not a song that I particularly like normally and Naya's voice sounded a bit thin.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 10/10/2013, 10:37 pm

If they take the jacket away from Kurt !!!! That is not acceptable. He can give it away to be framed but only if he decides to.
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 10/10/2013, 10:38 pm

ladydianab wrote:If they take the jacket away from Kurt !!!! That is not acceptable. He can give it away to be framed but only if he decides to.
Was the jacket stolen, or was that a ridiculous rumor?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/10/2013, 10:39 pm

This sound like a good,but sad episode.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/10/2013, 10:41 pm

Am starting to get a sense of why Kurt isn't singing in this ep (and it's not because the showrunners are asses and forget about him half the time). Kurt is already very familiar with dealing with loss. He lost his mother. He nearly lost his father. Death has been a part of Kurt's life for a long time. But for most of his friends, this is not only likely the first time they're really dealing with death, but it's the death of a peer. Having someone your age dying is always going to shake you up. It's a harsh reminder of your own mortality.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next