Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread

+23
Delight
sheny
jaime20
valkeakuulas
bayth
Buenos
Glorfindel
Ireth
coxfire
Lottie2303
arina
ColdFlame96
murasaki1
fantastica
ladydianab
AnneNeville
brisallie
TimF
ColferInspired
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
27 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap73%5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 73% 
[ 16 ]
5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap23%5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 5 ]
5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap4%5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 22

5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Glorfindel 10/11/2013, 5:09 pm

jaime20 wrote: Can I ask about the PSA? Who did them and were they about drugs abuse?
Jane, Matt, Kevin and Chord did them. They were about addiction in general.
Here they are:

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  jaime20 10/11/2013, 5:20 pm

Thank you for your answer Glorfindel !

jaime20
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/11/2013, 5:38 pm

I just had a bit of alcohol with a friend. I totally apologize for all grammar mistakes...

Chiming in about the Rachel discussion, I guess I am next to Wendy the biggest Rachel "hater" on this board. I for one loved her ambition and also liked that she actually left Finn behind and focused on her dreams. I disliked Finchel because I never thought they fit together post-highschool and RIB kept them as an item, as they were the prime couple. But those two just didn't make any sense anymore and were not good for each other. I find Finchel is a great example of love doesn't conquer all. I hated the scene of Rachel telling how she comes back to Lima, Finn is a teacher and they get back together. I hated that scene, as I actually can see that was the overall intention of RIB and their last scene of Glee. It just didn't make sense. It was also so very selfish to all their partners in-between as they were just placeholders for someone other.

The scenes of Rachel also didn't really touch me. That is for one because I am not as closely emotionally attached as others to Cory/Finn, I am a firm believer Monchele was PR (and I only mention it because it is relevant for this discussion, as I see the scene in a different light) and was bothered how everyone from the press/Ryan/crew/their dogs kept telling me her scenes are the highlight. They were good, but other performances surprised and touched me more.

I want Rachel to grow. I think she needs to learn to compromise. I want those second-chances to die down for her and I want Fanny to be an eventual failure. I want to see Rachel fail so badly that she stands up, keeps fighting for her dreams and finally convinces me she has the right to be successful and famous. Because currently Rachel's storyline equals a very bad FF. I never, ever want her to give up her dreams for any boy. But I am also annoyed how Gleek kept telling me how special Finchel was - because they weren't. Those two were actually very toxic for one another with totally different goals in life. I get Rachel's sorrow, but overall I find the sorrow of the mother, father, brother, best friend for many years and idol much more emotional and realistic. It bothers me when TV shows only focus on the significant other and forget all the other person in the life of the person. Life is more then just a lovestory.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/11/2013, 5:40 pm

jaime20 wrote:
jaime20 wrote:
INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO YOUR FELLOW POSTERS!

by jaime20 on 10/11/2013, 9:58 pm

Thank you! I'll try to join the discussions as soon as possible.neutre
I don't understand why this is here and I can't delete it.A little help,please?
There is a blue buttom called 'delete' on the top, right-hand side of your post. Just press and delete the post. Easy peasy neutre 

Great you are joining the discussion!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty RE: 5X03 "THE QUARTERBACK" WATCH & DISCUSSION THREAD

Post  jaime20 10/11/2013, 5:48 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:There is a blue buttom called 'delete' on the top, right-hand side of your post. Just press and delete the post.
Thanks,but this is the point: I don't see the delete button, only the edit button.I don't know why.Strange.

jaime20
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 10/11/2013, 5:50 pm

jaime20 wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:There is a blue buttom called 'delete' on the top, right-hand side of your post. Just press and delete the post.
Thanks,but this is the point: I don't see the delete button, only the edit button.I don't know why.Strange.
A post can't be deleted if others have already posted something else after it. The blue delete button appears only if your post is the last one in the thread. You can ask ask one of the Mods to delete it.

Last edited by sheny on 10/11/2013, 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty RE: 5X03 "THE QUARTERBACK" WATCH & DISCUSSION THREAD

Post  jaime20 10/11/2013, 5:56 pm

sheny wrote:A post can't be deleted if others have already posted something else after it. The blue delete button appears only if your post is the last one in the thread. You can ask one of the Mods to delete it.
Oh,I understand now.Thank you very much for the explanation!Smile 

jaime20
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/11/2013, 6:04 pm

I liked Puck getting focus and a song, but I don't understand why everyone including Artie(!) turned against him.

It's funny how in the jacket dispute Kurt is now so strong a character you had the feeling no way was he going to back down and give Puck the jacket. Would have loved them to have bonded at some point.

NGL, this episode could have been a total train wreck so I'm not going to bitch about everything in it, since I think every single poster has their own vision of it.

Ok I may bitch a little...LOL
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/11/2013, 6:08 pm

Yeah, forgot to add, the farewell for Puck was so strange by basically everyone accusing him of being a thief. I know the last scene was supposed to be very emotional for Will, but I just judged him for blaming Puck (an 18/19 year old person with NO aim in life), as he didn't know himself at all how to grieve Finn. It was a odd decision.

However, Kurt and Puck once again had great chemistry. Didn't even realize how much I missed them.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 10/11/2013, 6:22 pm

when we are talking about puck, i thought mark was excellent this entire episode except ONE scene. his first scene with beist in the locker room when he was angry yelling and knocking things over, was so badly overacted i couldn't take either him or dot-marie seriously in it. but their talki by the new tree was fantastic. and as someone said a few pages back, the line about the "line" signifying all of finn's life was fantastic.

the whole jacket thing was clunky but i appreciate what they were trying to do. it was a piece of finn no one was willing to let go at first. and each person letting go of the jacket signified them attempting to move on. the fact that will was clutching it and crying at the end was proof that he hasn't had his chance to confront all his emotions yet and an opportunity to move on. him stilling it and hiding that fact was kind of juvenile but he has always been kind of juvenile in certain moments.

i found santana's reaction oddly appropriate as well. you truly don't know how much some one meant to you and affected your life until they are gone. i had a similar experience when my grandma died a year and a half ago. we didn't get along but her death hit me more then any of my other grandparents and i couldn't explain it to myself at all. grief is like that.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/11/2013, 6:23 pm

One thing this episode brought out once again was the chemistry between the original cast.

The chemistry magic compared to the new cast is night and day.

I laugh when others so bitch and moan about comparing new and old cast when the show itself will say things deliberately like"old Santana LOpez" and "new Santana Lopez".
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/11/2013, 6:27 pm

So agreed about the locker room scene. I felt second hand embarrassment, as it was very poor acting. But you could also see Mark just tried to finish the scene. He looked so devastated during the episode, I kind of ignore the acting, as the suffering was just to preventable (what??! alcohol) TANGIBLE!!!

But the magic of the originals... It really pains me to know that ones making Glee special are side/background characters and the focus is on all the wrong actors :(

Last edited by Lottie2303 on 10/11/2013, 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 10/11/2013, 6:52 pm

Speaking of Puck/Beiste I agree it was awkward in the locker room and over-acted; but the best line of the night was when being confronted about the tree Puck said it was too small and Beiste replied, "they grow you know". That was a nice addition that could give a smile in a very sobering Glee.

I have to say that everyone acted superbly and for Chris, Roma, Lea, and Naya were award worthy. But the whole cast was very good. I don't think that Blaine had one single line!
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/11/2013, 7:22 pm

This episode had 7.63 million viewers. It went up by 71 percent.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/11/2013, 7:25 pm

ColferInspired wrote:This episode had 7.63 million viewers. It went up by 71 percent.
Let me be me the mean-spirited me, because next episode will be the exact opposite. Even non-Glee fans watched tonight, or those who stopped watching, those numbers mean nothing!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/11/2013, 7:27 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:This episode had 7.63 million viewers. It went up by 71 percent.
Let me be me the mean-spirited me, because next episode will be the exact opposite. Even non-Glee fans watched tonight, or those who stopped watching, those numbers mean nothing!
I stop watching but did watched last night's episode, although, I did not watched it until today.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/11/2013, 7:28 pm

The numbers mean that Cory/Finn was beloved and many wanted to say goodbye to him. I think that was great.

I wish the ratings had been even higher. The GA knew this episode was about Finn.

So sweet to see the love for him.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  jaime20 10/11/2013, 7:34 pm

Premising that I don’t watch the show since S3 and that I don’t like at all the reasons behind the episode, I decided to watch it after the comments altogether positive.
I liked:
Kurt behaviour/attitude/body language – Chris behaviour/attitude in all "this" and his performance/acting in the episode
Mark's hand on the shoulder of Chris during “Season Of Love” and him,in general in the episode
The Hummel-Hudson family scene, Romy Rosemont was amazing
Kurt/Santana scene

Lottie2303 wrote:However, Kurt and Puck once again had great chemistry. Didn't even realize how much I missed them.
Buenos wrote:One thing this episode brought out once again was the chemistry between the original cast.
I agree with your opinions.

Lottie2303 wrote:The scenes of Rachel also didn't really touch me. I am a firm believer Monchele was PR (and I only mention it because it is relevant for this discussion, as I see the scene in a different light) and was bothered how everyone from the press/Ryan/crew/their dogs kept telling me her scenes are the highlight. They were good, but other performances surprised and touched me more.
I agree.I'm glad I'm not the only one to think this.

I think in all probability this closes the possibility of canceling it after S5.Ratings are ratings and everything that goes with it for the network,no matter the reason.

jaime20
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/11/2013, 7:39 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
I know.

And the fact this episode and the acting is getting the best reviews this season should be a message to Fox.

Glambert's will watch the next episode, probably expecting more. But I would guess some have probably wised up and will watch New York edits. Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/11/2013, 7:41 pm

@jamie: Are you still watching Kurt edits or did you stop watching Glee altogether? In case of the later, all my respect because I am still looking for my willpower to stop watching Razz 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/11/2013, 7:45 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
Girl you're not being mean-spirited, is the truth only. All we know Glee had that rating last night because people know Finn and the old gang will be the focus,and that something important, specially for those who followed the series since the beginning but stop watching it after they beloved characters lose importance, I taken as a re-encounter with that series they loved and a farewell to Cory. There is also people who watched only for morbid feelings.

Some of you have pointed the songs probably weren't the right choice, and you know, apart of Seasons of Love, which I simply love:wub:; there's no one else I really liked, and if I feel emotionally connected it was only because the performances made me feel that.

I know isn't the proper thread to discuss this, but I agree than Monchele was a PR romance, even though I do still believe Lea has truly feeling for Cory and he actually was important for her. But, you don't have to be everywhere showing your romance, like you were promoting it.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jaime20 10/11/2013, 7:49 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:@jamie: Are you still watching Kurt edits or did you stop watching Glee altogether? In case of the later, all my respect because I am still looking for my willpower to stop watching Razz
No Kurt edits, I only watched on YouTube his solos and a couple of scenes with Adam.

jaime20
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/11/2013, 10:19 pm

Entertainment Weekly has an article about the social media traffic generated by last night's episode:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/11/cory-monteith-tribute-social-buzz/

They used a picture of the McKinley people from last night (the cut part with Blarren) as the photo for it.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/11/2013, 10:35 pm

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/11/2013, 10:44 pm

Glorfindel wrote:

5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Imagebam
5x03 "The Quarterback" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 503Selects_05
HQ

That moment crycry sometimes is still hard to believe he's gone
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next