Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread

+28
MoviesAreLife
arina
Delight
ladydianab
wickedwitch
ColferInspired
Ireth
Glorfindel
coxfire
Kurt Hummel
sjonnepon
Lottie2303
sheny
ColdFlame96
Georgette888
valkeakuulas
Divalicious
opals
CloveGlee
Buenos
AnneNeville
fantastica
brisallie
bayth
ChrisColferFan1
Jellyrolls
Ranwing
tanita_mors
32 posters

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap10%5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]
5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap3%5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap6%5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap6%5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap3%5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap58%5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 58% 
[ 18 ]
5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap13%5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 31

5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  opals 9/26/2013, 11:31 pm

The writers have managed to kill both Kurt and Burt for me in one swoop. I'm done. Won't be watching next week. I may tune in for the tribute, but I doubt it after that.

To quote my 16 year old son, "This show has no dignity left anymore."
opals
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ChrisColferFan1 9/26/2013, 11:35 pm

opals wrote:The writers have managed to kill both Kurt and Burt for me in one swoop. I'm done. Won't be watching next week. I may tune in for the tribute, but I doubt it after that.

Agree, I feel sorry for Chris I bet he was not too happy when he read the script for this episode.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 9/26/2013, 11:40 pm

What did Tina say? Was she the only one to protest the proposal?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/26/2013, 11:44 pm

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:
opals wrote:The writers have managed to kill both Kurt and Burt for me in one swoop. I'm done. Won't be watching next week. I may tune in for the tribute, but I doubt it after that.

Agree, I feel sorry for Chris I bet he was not too happy when he read the script  for this episode.
I'm so glad that this is just a paycheck for him now so he can afford his lovely new house (wherever it is). He's so over this.

Well... was expecting the worst. Can't say I was too disappointed.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/26/2013, 11:48 pm

So here is part of what Blaine said in response to Kurt mentioning the fact that Blaine cheated on him:

"We've been through this. I thought you were done with me. I thought it was over. I thought I was completely out of the picture in your life."

This is the part that pissed me off the most. Because once again, Blaine is blaming everything on Kurt. Instead of taking blame for his actions, he has to come up with a way to blame Kurt to excuse his actions.

And then Kurt starts a duet with Blaine after calling the cheating unacceptable?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 9/26/2013, 11:51 pm

Wow, I still plan on watching it tomorrow, but there will be wine involved. I can't help but feel that them getting engaged so early, and with so much pressure put on Kurt to say yes that he still might rebel. Of course this is Glee,.so they might get him engaged, put Kurt on the backburner until next year, and have them married. Blaine will derp and flirt meanwhile, secure in the knowledge that he scored a prince he should never have gotten. It would be nice if Prince Shortpants would arrive to NY and smother Kurt so tboroughly that Kurt breaks it off, just right before Blaine finds out he didn't get NYADA! and he is finally mocked for his lack of style. Nah, with Glee you can't even dream, let alone hope. Blaine and Rachel will win, and Santana will get all the sex Kurt should have been having.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/26/2013, 11:54 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:So here is part of what Blaine said in response to Kurt mentioning the fact that Blaine cheated on him:

"We've been through this. I thought you were done with me. I thought it was over. I thought I was completely out of the picture in your life."

This is the part that pissed me off the most.  Because once again, Blaine is blaming everything on Kurt.  Instead of taking blame for his actions, he has to come up with a way to blame Kurt to excuse his actions.

And then Kurt starts a duet with Blaine after calling the cheating unacceptable?  
Don't look for logic. It's pointless. They were going to force Kurt back to Blaine however they could manage it.

What breaks my heart is when Kurt said that he'll never have someone to love him the way Blaine did. This is how little Kurt sees himself deserving of real love and devotion, so he'll take the superficial displays because that's all he thinks he's ever going to get. A 19 year old kid is giving up on deserving anything better, so he'll take back his faithless, cheating ex and accept his proposal because Blaine can feed him a good line.

I'm really not angry with Kurt. My heart is broken for him. This is almost as bad as the NYADA rejection.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 9/27/2013, 12:00 am

Oh you guys are making me sniffle even if I haven't watched the episode. :'(

Well I guess I don't have to hurry for the downloads and one of the main reasons is because that grabby kiss scene was splashed all over my tumblr dash. Does it really look that possessive comng from Blaine or was it just the gif? How romantic was that? No being able to say no to neither proposal or a kiss?
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/27/2013, 12:01 am

@ Ranwing,I'm not angry with Kurt neither. I'm just pissed off for what they writers have turned into dryy
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/27/2013, 12:16 am

i voted, even though i didn't watch 3/4 of the show. i am glad i didn't, judging from the reaction on this board. so, what did burt say to kurt?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/27/2013, 12:28 am

Burt's talk with Kurt wasn't nearly as bad as I was dreading. Yes, he was driving Kurt to his surprise proposal (which wasn't a surprise at all), but it wasn't in a supportive manner. It was more of a non-interference manner, in that he wasn't going to stand in the way but neither was he offering approval. He talked about his own marriage to Kurt's mother, that they met fairly young (in their early 20s), that he proposed six months later and never regretted it. He did talk about the realities of marriage, that it's not all sunshine and happiness, but also about how he wished that he could have married Kurt's mother earlier since he lost her so quickly.

In the end, he left it entirely in Kurt's hands because he believes that Kurt is a man and is entitled to make his own decisions without considering what his father's opinion in (which is why he didn't tell Kurt that he was opposed to them getting engaged at this stage).
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/27/2013, 12:31 am

Jellyrolls wrote:So here is part of what Blaine said in response to Kurt mentioning the fact that Blaine cheated on him:

These writers...Rolling Eyes 

What Blaine said could have made sense if that was what we were shown onscreen back in Makeover and the break up. We saw Kurt busy at work and yes, to a degree neglecting Blaine but we didn't see anything to indicate he was through with Blaine. We saw Blaine's neediness and growing insecurity but that' another story.

I guess we are suppose to forget that Kurt called Blaine up and told him to sit tight, since Blaine was going over there within in two weeks when Kurt was stressed out with work. He told Blaine, we are meeting in two weeks and that he felt bad they were not able to talk more.

TBH, I can't even get angry it's more befuddlement how badly the Glee writers are so incompetent in narrative coherence or even characters remembering anything they said. It just seems like some surreal joke. I'm not even upset at the fictional character Blaine because in their own way the writers throw him under the bus too.

I actually feel bad for ALL the actors, Chris, Darren, Mike, Rachel, Mat Morrison, what must they be thinking? Maybe like Kevin , they think since Glee pays them it's the best thing on TV. Razz 

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 9/27/2013, 12:35 am

fantastica wrote:i voted, even though i didn't watch 3/4 of the show. i am glad i didn't, judging from the reaction on this board.

I voted and did not even watched a minute of the episode.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/27/2013, 12:40 am

It's weird , I'm strangely OK with everything.

I expect Kurt to be back in NY having his own adventures in the city and don't really expect much the engagement until the backhalf of the Season.

NGL, Kurt looked gorgeous.  wub

5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_luh3x4bQJo1qiz3j8o1_500

Despite it all, I still love Kurt...

Last edited by Buenos on 9/27/2013, 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/27/2013, 12:48 am

OK, having had a bit of time to absorb this mess (and it's clear that I'm not going to get any sleep tonight), I'm not quite at "Goodbye" levels of rage where Kurt is concerned. My biggest problem is that it feels like there were huge chunks of the Klaine storyline that were ignored or cut out.

First, how did we get from Kurt saying just in the last episode that they weren't a couple to him wanting them to be a couple again? And then after that, how he was able to regain enough trust in Blaine about the cheating. Too much was left unresolved on this part so we get a very incomplete picture of just how they got from point A (not being together) to point B (reconciled) and then making a big jump to point Y (engaged),

As far as Kurt accepting the proposal... during the conversation with his father, we saw all the conflicted emotions in Kurt (and this was some really amazing acting on Chris's part). He was confused and uncertain and still holding onto a lot of wounded feelings. Loving Blaine but not at all certain of how things stood. And then with the proposal, being completely caught up in the spectacle and emotion that there was no other answer he could give. At least for now.

I'm not happy, but I'm going to give a chance to see how all this plays out. Maybe Adam will return and Kurt will be torn between his fiancé and his English beau. Maybe once the excitement of the proposal display wears off, Kurt will have doubts and second thoughts. I'm not writing Kurt off yet because of a badly written episode that was going to force Kurt and Blaine back together, no matter what.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/27/2013, 12:53 am

Ranwing wrote:OK, having had a bit of time to absorb this mess (and it's clear that I'm not going to get any sleep tonight), I'm not quite at "Goodbye" levels of rage where Kurt is concerned. My biggest problem is that it feels like there were huge chunks of the Klaine storyline that were ignored or cut out.

First, how did we get from Kurt saying just in the last episode that they weren't a couple to him wanting them to be a couple again? And then after that, how he was able to regain enough trust in Blaine about the cheating. Too much was left unresolved on this part so we get a very incomplete picture of just how they got from point A (not being together) to point B (reconciled) and then making a big jump to point Y (engaged),

As far as Kurt accepting the proposal... during the conversation with his father, we saw all the conflicted emotions in Kurt (and this was some really amazing acting on Chris's part). He was confused and uncertain and still holding onto a lot of wounded feelings. Loving Blaine but not at all certain of how things stood. And then with the proposal, being completely caught up in the spectacle and emotion that there was no other answer he could give. At least for now.

I'm not happy, but I'm going to give a chance to see how all this plays out. Maybe Adam will return and Kurt will be torn between his fiancé and his English beau. Maybe once the excitement of the proposal display wears off, Kurt will have doubts and second thoughts. I'm not writing Kurt off yet because of a badly written episode that was going to force Kurt and Blaine back together, no matter what.
banzai banzai banzai 

I still think the engagement is going to be a very "interesting" ride...
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 9/27/2013, 1:00 am

Let us hope so but I... cannot have much hope with the way they treat stories. At the moment we have a beautiful, courageous 19 year old who believes no one will ever love him like the HS bf who cheated on him. How is that their big, romantic storyline?
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 9/27/2013, 1:48 am

I'm just really sad right now. That's all there is to it. Sad for Chris, and the fact that the iconic character he breathed life into is ruined. And pissed off at RIB for making it happen. I can't watch this show anymore, not even hate watch it. Just the sight or mention of Klaine at all turns my stomach.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 9/27/2013, 2:47 am

Buenos wrote:It's weird , I'm strangely OK with everything.

I expect Kurt to be back in NY having his own adventures in the city and don't really expect much the engagement until the backhalf of the Season.

NGL, Kurt looked gorgeous.  wub

5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_luh3x4bQJo1qiz3j8o1_500

Despite it all, I still love Kurt...
I feel the same. I think I will always love Kurt no matter what he does. Now that they are done with the Klaine break-up drama we can move on to better storylines for Kurt in NY. The spoilers for 5.04 look promising.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/27/2013, 3:31 am

ColdFlame96 wrote:I'm just really sad right now. That's all there is to it. Sad for Chris, and the fact that the iconic character he breathed life into is ruined. And pissed off at RIB for making it happen. I can't watch this show anymore, not even hate watch it. Just the sight or mention of Klaine at all turns my stomach.
I an exhausted and cannot articulate. Everything you said.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon 9/27/2013, 3:57 am

brisallie wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:So now they are talking about how much of a bitch Tina is, and Blaine has to save her.  When she became a bitch because of him?

This episode is so embarrasing.

OMG.  Saw Her Standing There is so bad.  Making the girls scream for them?  Seriously?  This episode gets worse and worse.

The best part of saw her standing there was getting a view of Blarren's bald spot.
I got a call so I missed that :(Razz 

And it is me or Blaine is the new saviour of everyone?
Jup, a true hero for everyone but Kurt.
sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/27/2013, 4:03 am

On a serious note, Darren's and Chris acting and singing were miles apart at the schoolyard scene. I mean, there was no denying anymore how weak Darren is and how bad be can portray emotions. Basically Blaine blamed Kurt for his hurt feelings and his facial expression were so overdone. At least Chris did his best to sell the scene, no matter much I was "WTFing" while watching it Suspect 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 9/27/2013, 5:34 am

Honestly, I'm so happy right now! I thought both Klaine scenes were amazing. wub 

I can't even think right now.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 9/27/2013, 6:00 am

The amount of hate I have for RIB can't be expressed. Fuck Blaine and his stupid speech "Let's get together because we are goddam soulmates! No matter that I couldn't wait for 2 weeks to talk to you before I stuck my d*** in someone else's a**, I was feeling sorry for myself and didn't even let you the chance to talk about it! Kurt, just feel honored that I want to be your boyfriend!! And now that I have managed to bring everyone and their mother to woo you, how could you refuse my proposal! Say yes, Kurt, please, please, please"

In other words: Blaine's way of saying "you are my soulmate (vomit2) I will love you forever" is to stab Kurt in the back in the worst way possible and then whine about how sad Mr Woobie felt. I was so rage fuming I can't remember, but did we get ANY idea of how Kurt lived his first weeks in NY? Did he even have the chance to tell Blaine "I was trying to adapt to a new city, a new life, the responsibilities of having a job, the stress of determining my future, and coping with the fact that NYADA rejected me?" Was Kurt even allowed to tell Blaine that all it took was Blaine trying to discuss? I don't feel so. No, all we got was Kurt feeling that the best he could ever do was getting back to a cheater. And that makes me RAGEFUL.

Kurt Hummel , you're a Klainer, and I get why you are happy right now, but honestly, there is nothing to be happy about in this SL. Blaine's speech wasn't an actual discussion, it was once again a show he put up, with nothing tangible behind it. It is a forced reunion, driven by fairytales concept of "soulmates", nothing to do with the real hardship that having a relationship with someone is. They have never even LIVED together! Nor discussed their actual future, not the one you see with rose-tainted glasses, the real one: what life do they want together? Where do they want to live? Do they want kids? How are they going to manage routine, or, if they become singers/BW stars, how are they going to handle the distance, now that Blaine proved he couldn't? If Blaine supposedly LUUUUUVED Kurt as much as he pretended, then he would have tried to talk all this before he cheated, and he wouldn't coerce Kurt into saying "Yes" to an otherwise ridiculous proposal. He would have done it privately, he would have at least HEARD Kurt's side in all this. But no, Blaine decided that "he had lost Kurt".

I'm sick of this SL, and how people can't see that Blaine's over-the-top proposal and speech are just a cover-up of how vapid and empty his promesses are.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/27/2013, 8:01 am

Warning: this is going to be long. :angry: 

Lima:
- Ryder is back in ND without any explanation, Blaine's cheating gets turned into an Kurt-loves-Oprah joke, and the mess of ‘Shooting Star’ gets dismissed in a 10 seconds long voice over. Swell, great examples of the usual careful build up and satisfying solution the Glee writers are capable of. Mad 
- I like Kitty and Artie together. They have a spark and energy that is so sorely lacking in all the pairings (romantic or not) of ND.
- Even though it’s rehash #2638 of angry and revengeful Sue I kinda enjoy principal Sue. Her feud with Figgins is quite hilarious, and Figgins is surprisingly hot while angry, lol.
- Oh Tina…..just stop talking. You have become nothing but a bitch now. And oh Blaine, you shut up too: your possesive obsession with Kurt is showing and it's creepy. Evil or Very Mad 

New York:
- I think with ‘Yesterday’ they were sort of foreshadowing the tragedy that we know will happen next. Adding and connecting memories of her NY date with Finn to her sad feelings about her ‘Funny Girl’ audition is a reminder that Rachel still cares deeply for Finn, and it will make everything so much worse later on. I actually thought that was subtle and well done.
- Rachel must be a witch who accidentally never got a Hogwarts letter, because it’s as if the universe itself always makes sure she gets another chance after botching up the first one. Her acting was not good in the audition, it was a cheap imiation of Barbra instead of her incorporating Fanny from within. But of course singing a Beatles song while serving fries is toots gonna convince them that’s she’s perfect for ‘Funny Girl’.
- Having said that: I really liked the dancing scene in the diner. This new place for the NY characters to hang out and sing and dance in offers a lot of opportunities (as did NYADA, Adam's Apples and Vogue, but they were never explored properly). Let's hope that this time Glee uses this new setting to its full potential, instead of giving NY only 5 minutes per episode. dryy 

And finally, the ‘happy’ couple:
- Yay! Stupid, condescending to certain fandoms meta again when Kurt says that people liked the idea of him and Adam together but it never was anything serious. Way to twist your own established canon and throw away a promising new character, Glee. Chickens. :angry: 
- And yay again: even more haha-so-not-funny-anymore-for-a-long-long-time meta with Kurt saying he won’t sit down listening to Blaine sing to him anymore. So this time Kurt prepared something himself. But when Blaine sang these serenades to Kurt they were solos, but Kurt of course has to share his serenade with Blaine, who then proceeds to sing the majority of the song.
Figures. antifana 
- No Blaine, even if you thought you lost Kurt forever (because you encouraged him to go to NY yourself!) the next logical step is not to then cheat on him. If you thought you were losing Kurt you should have talked to him (“Talk to me Kurt, but don’t cheat on me.”) or broke up with him first before humping a facebook random. And you do realize you’re partly blaming Kurt again for your cheating ("We've been through this. I thought you were done with me. I thought it was over. I thought I was completely out of the picture in your life."). pauly 

- When Blaine says “Can’t we at least give it a try?” he actually means them getting engaged the same week. And Kurt accepts! I hope Kurt at least made sure Blaine signed that non-cheating contract first.
- And what was that crap of Kurt saying to his dad that Blaine’s makes him feel loved and safe? When that ‘safe love’ of his stepped him on the heart by cheating after only 2 weeks apart. How come the dad that said “You matter, Kurt” does not dispute his son when he says at the ripe age of 19 that there will be noone in his life anymore who will make him feel so loved as cheating, manipulative asshole Blaine does? No 
- Of freaking course Burt married young. That’s just as convenient as his Convenience Cancer at Christmas. Burt, you do not deserve the world’s best dad title anymore.
And still no clue was given if Burt even knows that Blaine cheated on Kurt. The doubt Kurt expressed to his dad for gettting engaged was that they were so young, nothing about the cheating. That was….. convenient as well, as was the fact that Kurt’s mom dying young enabled Burt to pressure Kurt into not losing any time now. Convenient bullshit.
- And Blaine better paid for Rachel and Santana’s plane tickets. Rolling Eyes 

Jeez, Klaine really is only 1/6th Kurt while Blaine gets the rest these days: in a very important episode for both characters (I’d even say more important esp. for Kurt because last time we saw him he was not even thinking about going back to Blaine, so we really needed his thinking process of getting to a point where he accepts a wedding proposal from his ex) we get a zillion Blaine scenes and Kurt only gets 3, of which he shares 2 with Blaine singing to him.
Seriously, is this what has become of the once iconic character Kurt and his break out star, awards winning actor Chris Colfer? He’s being reduced to the prop and love interest of the character they created to be his love interest.
badday

Last edited by Glorfindel on 9/27/2013, 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next